Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 78 Magoffin Co. 59!!!
StillAnMCfan Wrote:Why are YOU getting so defensive? You sound like you might be family and more than just a little biased. Now I will log off.

First of all, I am not getting all defensive. I am merely pointing out that you are not a coach and haven't been in this position and don't know what you would have done. It is very easy to be critical, when you aren't the one making the call.
Second, I never once mentioned being a family member or any of the such. Unlike you, who claims to be a friend, I am loyal to my friends and the players.
Third, I am most glad you logged off.
All_Sport#1 Wrote:If I wanted to start another thread I would have why wont you go make one if its bothering you? and why would I start a whole new thread to just ask you a question? and every team was playing with sick girls probably sore throat and a head cold but not dehydration, flu, and bronchitis. Maybe they didn't want to remember their last game as sitting on the bench have you thought about that?

I never said it was bothering me. Let me say it again so you can understand. I am sick of hearing excuses for a team because they got beat Also this thread is about BELFRY 78 MAGOFFIN 59 NOT MAGOFFIN GOT BEAT BY BELFRY DUE TO SICKNESS. Also if a person is dehydrate plus flu and bronchitis by no means would they be able to play! I understand them wanting to play and if you had read in one of my post you would have read I said it wasn't the girls fault it was the COACH cause ADULT knows better but a CHILD don't. Also you didn't answer my question. Are you a basketball player? I don't think you are cause if you were you would know how hard it is to play while you are sick with just a sore throat or just a head cold and by no means with DEHYDRATION, FLU AND BRONCHITIS UNLESS YOU ARE SUPER WOMAN.
All_Sport#1 Wrote:Ok Dr. Phil it is true that they were taken IV's and everything to fight off strep, and since you know so much about strep throat do you know how long strep stays contagious? 24 hours after the first dose of antibotics, IV or what ever. But if someone out their playing on the court could die from being exposed to strep throat I dont think they need to be playing anyway, or stay at home in an non bacteria sterlized place. Now how can you protect your kids from everything? Im sure the doctor wouldnt let them be playing ball if they had that bad of a side effect for coming infected with strep throat!

Sorry to inform you All Sports, but it isnt 24 hours after the first dose of antibiotics. It is contagious until you are afebrile for 24 hours. If they still had a temp of 101, then they were still contagious. Maybe you should ask a medical professional instead of Dr Phil.

Strep can be life threatening for any child with a heart valve problem. The problems that I am talking about is not really a very rare thing. Also, it in no way could it a problem to keep them out of sports. Why do you think schools dont want students to come to school with fevers. That is why schools are closed in the winter and the flu was spreading so fast because parents would send their kids to school with it. But I guess MC trying to win a ball game is more important.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Sorry to inform you All Sports, but it isnt 24 hours after the first dose of antibiotics. It is contagious until you are afebrile for 24 hours. If they still had a temp of 101, then they were still contagious. Maybe you should ask a medical professional instead of Dr Phil.

Strep can be life threatening for any child with a heart valve problem. The problems that I am talking about is not really a very rare thing. Also, it in no way could it a problem to keep them out of sports. Why do you think schools dont want students to come to school with fevers. That is why schools are closed in the winter and the flu was spreading so fast because parents would send their kids to school with it. But I guess MC trying to win a ball game is more important.

If the doctor who was treating them thought that it was life threatening; I am sure he would not have let them play. So you can take your assumption that Magoffin cares more about winning a basketball game, than the Life Safety of a Child and stick it up yours.
BIG_COUNTRY_06 Wrote:Listen, just because the people you thought should've got the award didn't, don't mean you can just get on here and talk crap about the ones who did win it. And these two players yer talkin about, Carroll and Jarrell, lead their team to making history for Paintsville High School Girls Basketball when they won the All "A" Region and then went to the Final Four. Not to mention, Carroll signed with a D1 NCAA school! I think they showed A LOT for it! And Jarrell is starting as a Freshman at Pikeville, and IDC whether you think that's an accomplishment or not, but it IS. And I'm Kendra will definitely be getting some quality playing time, because she'll be working her butt off this summer to get ready for D1. So if wanna keep dissin' this award, make a different thread. This thread has nothing to do with this subject!

At no time did I talk crap about either of the two players you mentioned. I merely was pointing out that, I thought Paintsville should have accomplished more with these two girls.
TRUETIGERMAN Wrote:I never said it was bothering me. Let me say it again so you can understand. I am sick of hearing excuses for a team because they got beat Also this thread is about BELFRY 78 MAGOFFIN 59 NOT MAGOFFIN GOT BEAT BY BELFRY DUE TO SICKNESS. Also if a person is dehydrate plus flu and bronchitis by no means would they be able to play! I understand them wanting to play and if you had read in one of my post you would have read I said it wasn't the girls fault it was the COACH cause ADULT knows better but a CHILD don't. Also you didn't answer my question. Are you a basketball player? I don't think you are cause if you were you would know how hard it is to play while you are sick with just a sore throat or just a head cold and by no means with DEHYDRATION, FLU AND BRONCHITIS UNLESS YOU ARE SUPER WOMAN.

I am not going to argue over who is at fault and who is not. MC got beat. In addition to this statement, however, I know for a fact that AJ #23 had Bronchitis. She was treated earlier that day for it. She was not running a temp of 101 during the ball game. She did take a breathing treatment prior tot he game. You would have to know something about AJ #23 to know that she would not give up in that game. Sure maybe the coach should've played someone else, but he would've had to whipped her rear and tied her up to have kept her out of that game. She is a senior and happened to be her last game. By no means did she feel that she would have to play her last high school basketball game in that condition and/or end her high school career in defeat (not that night, anyway). No one is making excuses for the upset, just simply stating she was ill and she sacrificed the pain to try and overcome the obvious. It didn't work, they got beat, just leave it alone. Quit placing blame on the coach, he can't play the game for them. He's a great coach and all the players love him. They are friends off the court. I would have to add. . . . .AJ #23 plays like SUPERWOMAN, when she is not sick! GO ASHLEY JADE!!!:thumpsup:
yeah i have to agree Ashley Jade is pretty much Superwoman.
hoopfanfav07 Wrote:I am not going to argue over who is at fault and who is not. MC got beat. In addition to this statement, however, I know for a fact that AJ #23 had Bronchitis. She was treated earlier that day for it. She was not running a temp of 101 during the ball game. She did take a breathing treatment prior tot he game. You would have to know something about AJ #23 to know that she would not give up in that game. Sure maybe the coach should've played someone else, but he would've had to whipped her rear and tied her up to have kept her out of that game. She is a senior and happened to be her last game. By no means did she feel that she would have to play her last high school basketball game in that condition and/or end her high school career in defeat (not that night, anyway). No one is making excuses for the upset, just simply stating she was ill and she sacrificed the pain to try and overcome the obvious. It didn't work, they got beat, just leave it alone. Quit placing blame on the coach, he can't play the game for them. He's a great coach and all the players love him. They are friends off the court. I would have to add. . . . .AJ #23 plays like SUPERWOMAN, when she is not sick! GO ASHLEY JADE!!!:thumpsup:

I am NOT questioning that the (GIRLS) NOT JUST AJ#23 was sick And BY no means am I trying to take anything from THE GIRLS CAUSE THEY ARE GREAT PLAYERS. All I was saying was that if they OR any player was as sick as I Have read They should have been home or in the hospital. Also about the (GREAT COACH) IF HE WAS SO GREAT HE WOULD HAVE SET THEM DOWN WHEN THEY JUST WALKED UP THE FLOOR WHEN THEY GOT BEAT
OFF THE DRIBBLE AND NOT JUST ONE TIME BUT TWO OR THREE TIMES ALSO WHEN THE OUTSIDE SHOT WASN'T WORKING A GOOD COACH WOULD PLAY HIS POST PLAYERS LIKE THE ADAMS GIRL THAT SAT ON THE BENCH MOST OF THE GAME AND THE POWERS GIRL AND TRY TO USE MICHELA THAT IS A GUARD THAT IS A JOKE SHE IS GOOD BUT NOT THAT GOOD TO BE A POST PLAYER. AND NO I AM NOT TRYING TO TAKE NOTHING FROM MICHELA BUT SHE IS JUST TO SMALL IMO IF I CAN HAVE ONE. I Also would like to tell them I am so sorry that they was sick and that it ended like it did cause I was for them all the way and I hope they are better now. GOOD LUCK IN LIFE.
Tricky Wrote:If the doctor who was treating them thought that it was life threatening; I am sure he would not have let them play. So you can take your assumption that Magoffin cares more about winning a basketball game, than the Life Safety of a Child and stick it up yours.

Getting strep at a young age can lead to heart valve damage that the kids themselves may not know they have. If they have a minor heart valve damage that sometimes only a true cardiologist can diagnose, getting exposed to strep can endocarditis, which would cause the heart damage to get worse and possibly death. For a basketball game. Good Call Doc!!

But then again, all that is a moot point considering that they let a contagious player play. I think that says a lot about MC sports. Lets expose kids from all over the tri county area to strep.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Getting strep at a young age can lead to heart valve damage that the kids themselves may not know they have. If they have a minor heart valve damage that sometimes only a true cardiologist can diagnose, getting exposed to strep can endocarditis, which would cause the heart damage to get worse and possibly death. For a basketball game. Good Call Doc!!

But then again, all that is a moot point considering that they let a contagious player play. I think that says a lot about MC sports. Lets expose kids from all over the tri county area to strep.

Well by all your indept knowledge of what the girls were or were not actually diagnosised with, You must be a doctor????? Did you treat the girls and know what they were sick from???? Why don't you call Dr. Hardin and argue your poiint with him. Jerk!
TRUETIGERMAN Wrote:I am NOT questioning that the (GIRLS) NOT JUST AJ#23 was sick And BY no means am I trying to take anything from THE GIRLS CAUSE THEY ARE GREAT PLAYERS. All I was saying was that if they OR any player was as sick as I Have read They should have been home or in the hospital. Also about the (GREAT COACH) IF HE WAS SO GREAT HE WOULD HAVE SET THEM DOWN WHEN THEY JUST WALKED UP THE FLOOR WHEN THEY GOT BEAT
OFF THE DRIBBLE AND NOT JUST ONE TIME BUT TWO OR THREE TIMES ALSO WHEN THE OUTSIDE SHOT WASN'T WORKING A GOOD COACH WOULD PLAY HIS POST PLAYERS LIKE THE ADAMS GIRL THAT SAT ON THE BENCH MOST OF THE GAME AND THE POWERS GIRL AND TRY TO USE MICHELA THAT IS A GUARD THAT IS A JOKE SHE IS GOOD BUT NOT THAT GOOD TO BE A POST PLAYER. AND NO I AM NOT TRYING TO TAKE NOTHING FROM MICHELA BUT SHE IS JUST TO SMALL IMO IF I CAN HAVE ONE. I Also would like to tell them I am so sorry that they was sick and that it ended like it did cause I was for them all the way and I hope they are better now. GOOD LUCK IN LIFE.

I can tell, that during the whole course of the season, you still don't know anything about basketball.
Michaela is one of the best post players in the region.
You still don't know anything, just like earlier in the year when you were downing the boys program. Your writing style remains the same, no matter what your user name is.
Tricky Wrote:I can tell, that during the whole course of the season, you still don't know anything about basketball.
Michaela is one of the best post players in the region.
You still don't know anything, just like earlier in the year when you were downing the boys program. Your writing style remains the same, no matter what your user name is.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT(Quote just like earlier in the year when you were downing the boys program. Your writing style remains the same, no matter what your user name is.) I just become a new member this month I have only posted 19 this one will be 20th Also I can say I have never said nothing about the boys. SO JUST BECAUSE I HAVE MY OWN OPINION ABOUT MICHAELA AS A POST PLAYER I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING. SO SHE IS A CENTER OR FORWARD? WHY IS SHE AS A GUARD IN THE 15TH REGION TOURNAMENT BOOK? Dont get me wrong not trying to take nothing away from her I think everyone has a right to state his or her opinion and that is all I was doing
Tricky Wrote:Well by all your indept knowledge of what the girls were or were not actually diagnosised with, You must be a doctor????? Did you treat the girls and know what they were sick from???? Why don't you call Dr. Hardin and argue your poiint with him. Jerk!

Your fans that were on here are the ones who said they had strep. Are you saying that the ones who were saying that don't know what they are talking about? And no, I am not a doctor, but I still think it is fun playing one. So you tell me now, when YOUR fans are the ones saying they had strep, are you saying they didnt have it, or are the fans for MC just making up excuses now?
TRUETIGERMAN Wrote:I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT(Quote just like earlier in the year when you were downing the boys program. Your writing style remains the same, no matter what your user name is.) I just become a new member this month I have only posted 19 this one will be 20th Also I can say I have never said nothing about the boys. SO JUST BECAUSE I HAVE MY OWN OPINION ABOUT MICHAELA AS A POST PLAYER I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING. SO SHE IS A CENTER OR FORWARD? WHY IS SHE AS A GUARD IN THE 15TH REGION TOURNAMENT BOOK? Dont get me wrong not trying to take nothing away from her I think everyone has a right to state his or her opinion and that is all I was doing

In case you didn't notice, when you have an opinion about MC, their fans don't like it. All I'm going to say is this, MC got out played, sick or not, Belfry played their hearts out and stuck with their game plan, and came out on top. I knew there was gonna be an upset, but this is like, a flippin borderline depression. I hate that MC lost, but you gotta play every game like it's your last, and you can't under-estimate ANY team. I think that's what MC did, they totally under-estimated the Lady Pirates. But that's just MO.
BIG_COUNTRY_06 Wrote:In case you didn't notice, when you have an opinion about MC, their fans don't like it. All I'm going to say is this, MC got out played, sick or not, Belfry played their hearts out and stuck with their game plan, and came out on top. I knew there was gonna be an upset, but this is like, a flippin borderline depression. I hate that MC lost, but you gotta play every game like it's your last, and you can't under-estimate ANY team. I think that's what MC did, they totally under-estimated the Lady Pirates. But that's just MO.

:Thumbs:

You got that right.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Your fans that were on here are the ones who said they had strep. Are you saying that the ones who were saying that don't know what they are talking about? And no, I am not a doctor, but I still think it is fun playing one. So you tell me now, when YOUR fans are the ones saying they had strep, are you saying they didnt have it, or are the fans for MC just making up excuses now?

:Clap:
Not only strep but All_Sport#1 said dehydration, flu, and bronchitis.. Originally Posted by All_Sport#1 and every team was playing with sick girls probably sore throat and a head cold but not dehydration, flu, and bronchitis. SO FUNNY
Personal attacks too numerous to mention. Sorry guys, this one's done.