•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will take over the crown of 15th Region Player of the Year?
hoopfanfav07 Wrote:I agree it is between Ashley Jade and Haley. Both are deserving of the award but only one will get the award. It doesnt matter who gets it, they both have accomplished a lot in their careers and Eastern Ky will never foget either of them. Good luck to both of you in your futures.
agreed
I know I'm gonna get crap from PC and SV fans, but I have to say this. Ashley Howard, in my opinion is the only player in the region that deserves this award. And if they gave a career player award she would get it also. She works hard for every point, steal, rebound, assist that she gets. I'm sorry, but Haley and Esther have had the refs padding their records for years. You can't guard the two without getting a foul called and they "never" commit a foul. One thing you can say about Ashley is that she has earned everything she has achieved. Good luck to her in the future, she is a great player, and from just what I have seen on the court, she seems like a great person.
The Fan Wrote:excuse me

Haley ratliff has played since 5th grade....NOT 6th thats what i meantSmile
I say Ashley Jade all the way..
Ok really you guys are saying that Haley's averages are higher this year but have you considered she hasnt played in many games... of course her averages have been higher she hasnt played in 25-28 games like Ashley or Esther theyve played enough to have an off game every now and then Haley has done good to play 10-12 this year if im not mistaken but it has to go to Ashley she has without a doubt been the center peice for the hornets this year theyve beat some ranked teams in kentucky and FLORIDA only losing three games so you tell me how they can be compared afterall it is player of the YEAR not career... and if i had to pick a second place winner it would be Esther Flemming
MCHS_FBALL#14 Wrote:Ok really you guys are saying that Haley's averages are higher this year but have you considered she hasnt played in many games... of course her averages have been higher she hasnt played in 25-28 games like Ashley or Esther theyve played enough to have an off game every now and then Haley has done good to play 10-12 this year if im not mistaken but it has to go to Ashley she has without a doubt been the center peice for the hornets this year theyve beat some ranked teams in kentucky and FLORIDA only losing three games so you tell me how they can be compared afterall it is player of the YEAR not career... and if i had to pick a second place winner it would be Esther Flemming
amen brother
I'm not nor do I intend to be a MC fan but realistically Ashley J Howard is the best player in the region hands down. She the best athlete in the region, one of the best defensive players, probabily the regions top ball handler, one of the quickest players, and probabily the best offensive weapon, not to mention her career stats are unbelievable. I don't think anyone else is even close, and once again I am not a Magoffin fan. Ester Fleming and Brittany Manns would be tied for 2nd and Haley Ratliff would be my thrid pick. Haley is good but seems to have an ego problem, at least thats how it looks to me anyway, I could be wrong though. I just think she has been overhyped. Manns is a Hustler and could be the #1 threat on any other team and Fleming is just an unbelievable player who could probabily play DI with the right exposure.
My vote goes to Haley.
Haley is the leader and has been the leader of the lady hawks for 2 years!She does not have a ego problem, she doesnt act any better than any other player on the team.She is always pushing her team to do there best and never lets them get down on themselves.Honestly its not Haleys fault that she got hurt! I mean she could have broke the school record of 2,800 points if wanted, She knows that she is leaving the Hawks and that the other girls need to be involved to get ready for next year.so she spreads the points out.The Lady Hawks Scoring has been more spread out this year than most teams. Ex. Usually the lady hawks have 4 or 5 girls in double figures...and IMO Esther is no where close to A.J. OR Haley Ratliff!

this is all my opinion!
cardinalfan27 Wrote:does anyone know what schools Ashley and Haley were recruited?? I know Kendra was recruited by Vandy but decided to go to WCU

No player in history has turned down Vandy for Western Carolina. That's like turning down UK for Alice Lloyd.
Ashley Jade Howard
StillAnMCfan Wrote:No player in history has turned down Vandy for Western Carolina. That's like turning down UK for Alice Lloyd.

Kinda like saying that 2 girls are going to Berea when they could go to 12 different D-1 schools but wanted to play in the KIAC. Congrats to Kendra.
whos your momma Wrote:Kinda like saying that 2 girls are going to Berea when they could go to 12 different D-1 schools but wanted to play in the KIAC. Congrats to Kendra.
I never said anybody recruited them other than Berea. Get real though, you know nobody is going to turn down Vandy for WCU.
StillAnMCfan Wrote:No player in history has turned down Vandy for Western Carolina. That's like turning down UK for Alice Lloyd.
How do you know??
The Guru Wrote:How do you know??
Figure of speech. Just saying things like that just don't happen. Like I said it is like turning down UK for Alice LLoyd, it doesn't happen.
StillAnMCfan Wrote:Figure of speech. Just saying things like that just don't happen. Like I said it is like turning down UK for Alice LLoyd, it doesn't happen.
Turning down no or very limited playing time at vandy vs. playing time at WCU is a far cry from turning down uk for ALC. JMO
Hope she does well, she's a great player wherever she goes.
The Guru Wrote:Turning down no or very limited playing time at vandy vs. playing time at WCU is a far cry from turning down uk for ALC. JMO

I am with you Guru. I for one am extremely PROUD of a young female athlete going to a D-1 school (that has Duke and some other top teams on their schedule). Congrats again to Kendra, good luck.
whos your momma Wrote:I am with you Guru. I for one am extremely PROUD of a young female athlete going to a D-1 school (that has Duke and some other top teams on their schedule). Congrats again to Kendra, good luck.
I said the girl is a great player. I also said to whoever said she was recruited by Vandy that I didn't believe it. If she says she turned down Vandy that would be fine, but just because some PHS fan on this forum says it doesn't make it so. In the end it doesn't matter if someone said she was recruited by Vandy but turned them down for WCU, she will be playing for WCU, not Vandy, no use bringing up.
Okay...Ashley Jade is going to a KIAC, rumor has it that Esther doesn't even want to play in college, yet you have Haley and Kendra going to D-I schools? And, on't hold it against Haley that she had torn ligaments in her ankle and don't hold against Kendra that she doesn't have teammates as talented as Ashley's supporting cast. ALL of the Lady Tigers deserve to be at the Expo Center!
roundball gal Wrote:Okay...Ashley Jade is going to a KIAC, rumor has it that Esther doesn't even want to play in college, yet you have Haley and Kendra going to D-I schools? And, on't hold it against Haley that she had torn ligaments in her ankle and don't hold against Kendra that she doesn't have teammates as talented as Ashley's supporting cast. ALL of the Lady Tigers deserve to be at the Expo Center!
Don't have a clue what you just said.
My picks are between Ashley and Haley.
Some are saying Kendra Carroll, but no... i don't think it will happen.
I'm not dissing anyone. Both are great players, both have good teams behind them, both want it so bad they can't see straight.

Good luck. :o
Haley Ratliff and Ashley Howard are both very good players, and it's very hard to pick between the two. Both are outstanding
Esther Fleming does not get the press of the others, but she is definitely a top player in this region...
Games Started: 25
Games Finished: 25
Points/Game: 20.1
Reb/Game: 9.4
Steals/Game: 6.2
Assits/Game: 4.1
She has played through a back injury she sustained in a car accident earlier in the year. She has lead a young group of ladies to a 22-3 record. And she has kept everything in perspective...she wants her team to WIN...nothing more, nothing less!
I would love to know Ashley's stats.
who picks the winner?
spalding Wrote:Ashley Jade for sure .....she is great.....Kendra Carrol is def. not getting it .....she hasn't been to hot this year nor has her team
And Ratliff from Pc is another big NO!!!! She is good but people make her seem better than what she really is.... not to mention she's been out several times this year with injurys .....Ashley Jade all the way

You have got to be kidding me!! Kendra Carrol already signed DI! She makes her team what they are! She's always about team work and never just about herself! He has the best jumpshot in the 15th region, HANDS DOWN and she can dribble well! And as for the Lady Tigers, they were back to back 15th Region Class 'A' Champs! Last year they made it to the Final 4! They beat Johnson Central out of District play! My vote goes to Kendra!!!!!

:Thumbs:
JOEDIRT Wrote:You have got to be kidding me!! Kendra Carrol already signed DI! She makes her team what they are! She's always about team work and never just about herself! He has the best jumpshot in the 15th region, HANDS DOWN and she can dribble well! And as for the Lady Tigers, they were back to back 15th Region Class 'A' Champs! Last year they made it to the Final 4! They beat Johnson Central out of District play! My vote goes to Kendra!!!!!

If you think that All "A" crap carries any weight; you should change you name to Dumber Than Dirt.
JOEDIRT Wrote:You have got to be kidding me!! Kendra Carrol already signed DI! She makes her team what they are! She's always about team work and never just about herself! He has the best jumpshot in the 15th region, HANDS DOWN and she can dribble well! And as for the Lady Tigers, they were back to back 15th Region Class 'A' Champs! Last year they made it to the Final 4! They beat Johnson Central out of District play! My vote goes to Kendra!!!!!

Kendra is a great player and agreed she usually hits that jump shot from anywhere (except against Central the othr night). I beg to differ on the team work and never about herself! I guess that's why other Lady Tiger parents are yelling to her "pass the ball". Yes they beat JC out of the district and i cheered for them to do it, but no way is Kendra POY!
hoopfanfav07 Wrote:Kendra is a great player and agreed she usually hits that jump shot from anywhere (except against Central the othr night). I beg to differ on the team work and never about herself! I guess that's why other Lady Tiger parents are yelling to her "pass the ball". Yes they beat JC out of the district and i cheered for them to do it, but no way is Kendra POY!
What I see is a team that will take close to a minute off the clock each trip down the court to try to set up a shot for Kendra. I see no team ball what so ever in that. Of the couple of games I've watched, it's all about Kendra. She is a joy to watch, but I'm with most on here, she's not even in the running for POY. We don't decide though. We will find out soon, then we can debate the rights or wrongs of who got it.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next