Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 56 Shelby Valley 48
kysportsguru Wrote:I can not believe that Hazard upset SV. This blows, cause SV is no longer undefeated. SV played a bad game to lose to the dawgs. But The Cats will get back on their feet and beat the living tar out of Pineville. Sv wins by 25+.

This is the type of comments that cause ppl to nagg on SV! I don't know if you are a SV fan or not, but you are implying that you are. So for everyone that wonders why SV posters are catching heat, this is why!

But I will agree with you that SV should beat Pineville by 25!
congrats hazard! Wish Valley could have won. Great 1st quarter because of teamwork. No teamwork in the next three. Plus, valley basically beat themselves at the freethrow line. Forget about that game and strive to play stronger,harder, and together.
EKY Sportster Wrote:This is the type of comments that cause ppl to nagg on SV! I don't know if you are a SV fan or not, but you are implying that you are. So for everyone that wonders why SV posters are catching heat, this is why!

But I will agree with you that SV should beat Pineville by 25!

But ALL SV fans don't do this! You have a few young and immature ones but for the most part most do not do this. I really hate to see people downing the team because they are just kids, like all the other kids on all the other teams.:thumpsup:
MONSTAMAN Wrote:Layed it to him...He may have not had his best night, but he still had 16 points and made some big steals and was still the difference in the game. I would not say layed it to him by any means. If he had scored only 2 or 4 points and did nothing else, you could say layed it to him. I don't know what all the whinning is from s/v fans. Hazard is as good as any team in the mountains. Nothing to be hanging your heads about.

I said on defense..i admit.."he" done a great job on defense..but in the first half he had 5 points..he ended up with 6 or 8 points from the end of the game of FREE THROWS..his average 30 points was 16..so i would say layed it to him and id say everyone else would to
but u still lost
PF23 Wrote:I said on defense..i admit.."he" done a great job on defense..but in the first half he had 5 points..he ended up with 6 or 8 points from the end of the game of FREE THROWS..his average 30 points was 16..so i would say layed it to him and id say everyone else would to

Hicks averages around 22 a game. Valley did a good job at taking him away from the three ball, which is what he's really good at, but by no means would I say layed it to him. He did almost get his average.
does anyone consider Hicks drew the fouls to get the free throws?
MONSTAMAN Wrote:Hicks averages around 22 a game. Valley did a good job at taking him away from the three ball, which is what he's really good at, but by no means would I say layed it to him. He did almost get his average.

He might have came close to his average..But the thing is, he got 6 or 8 points from Free throws with 2 mins left
SVcatfan Wrote:But ALL SV fans don't do this! You have a few young and immature ones but for the most part most do not do this. I really hate to see people downing the team because they are just kids, like all the other kids on all the other teams.:thumpsup:

:thumpsup: I agree!
Shelby Valley is one of the best teams i have seen this year..Even though they lost this one i do believe they will bounce back strong!
I'm sure they will! If a team can't take a loss and bounce back then they are in for a long season. Every other team has taken losses, and I'm sure SV won't have any trouble moving past their loss. Should be Paintsville and Shelby Valley as favorites in the 15th this year. Belfry, Allen Central and Pikeville have an outside shot on a good night. Both teams can play. The Tigers have had a tougher schedule than SV so far, BUT they haven't played near as consistent as SV. I like the team work of SV. To bad they don't play each other in the regular season. Not that it would tell us much. Tigers won the regular season last year and lost in the regionals. And both teams are much improved this year from last.
EKY Sportster Wrote:I'm sure they will! If a team can't take a loss and bounce back then they are in for a long season. Every other team has taken losses, and I'm sure SV won't have any trouble moving past their loss. Should be Paintsville and Shelby Valley as favorites in the 15th this year. Belfry, Allen Central and Pikeville have an outside shot on a good night. Both teams can play. The Tigers have had a tougher schedule than SV so far, BUT they haven't played near as consistent as SV. I like the team work of SV. To bad they don't play each other in the regular season. Not that it would tell us much. Tigers won the regular season last year and lost in the regionals. And both teams are much improved this year from last.

Even with the Seniors Valley lost last year, they are a VERY much improved team.
I said it in the perdiciction thread I'm glad we lost one. It will help us come tourny time to lose a few more.
:letsparty Shelby Valley stills ROCKS!

MONSTAMAN Wrote:Hazard is as good as any team in the mountains. Nothing to be hanging your heads about.
I wasn't impressed with Hazrd.
They are a good team, just caught SV on a cold shooting night.
Like Hazard shot the ball well???
I thought that Shelby Valley should of won this one. Why did Logan only play about two minutes in the second half? Booher has a wierd system of subbing his
I thought so to
I read in any earlier post on this thread and then seen the stats in the paper...Hatfield was scoreless...I think that could have made the difference in the final score, he usually scores fairly well...the post said he only took 4 shots. He must have been sick, this probably affected his defense also. Hope the next game finds #12 in better health!
PF23 Wrote:He might have came close to his average..But the thing is, he got 6 or 8 points from Free throws with 2 mins left

So, what's your point. If he had not scored those 6 or 8 you would have probably won. Points are points, no matter how you look at it.
SPORTSFREAK Wrote:So, what's your point. If he had not scored those 6 or 8 you would have probably won. Points are points, no matter how you look at it.

I understand that points are points BUT Valley held Hicks and you know they did, when nobody else could..
true2blue Wrote:I read in any earlier post on this thread and then seen the stats in the paper...Hatfield was scoreless...I think that could have made the difference in the final score, he usually scores fairly well...the post said he only took 4 shots. He must have been sick, this probably affected his defense also. Hope the next game finds #12 in better health!

Hatfield has been sick for about 3 weeks now, great to even see him on the floor, he pulled a double double tonight at Pineville in Shelby Valley's win in the WYMT.
OffTheHook Wrote:Been there, done that! LOL!

great job, give yourself a hand. not really proud though. but yeah have you been as much as us?? probably not!!
Shelby Valley lost get over it
i think that shelby valley is the better team...
I don't think you will be saying that after tonight, Mr. Konan.
Faith Wrote:I thought that Shelby Valley should of won this one. Why did Logan only play about two minutes in the second half? Booher has a wierd system of subbing his

I think it could have been his attitude. Sometimes it isn't the coach's fault, it is the players own fault they don't receive playing time. I am sure Logan learned from it and will continue to contribute for the Wildcats. He is a great player and things happen in the heat of the moment.
Why is it that you people cannot see exactly what is going on. The house of cards that is SV is just about ready to fall. The great coach has promised so much playing time to so many people, it is now starting to affect the outcome of the games. There is not enough time to keep everyone happy. I can see the pressure mounting. the coach also should be watching the ones beside him. Ths gives new meaning to "keep your friends close and your enemies even closer". There are a few different agendas on that staff. As for the loss, Hazard is mediocre team at best and Pineville is a 13th region bottom dweller. It seems funny to me that he only plays the right people just enough to win. However this approach backfired against Hazard, the coach waited just a little too long to try and recover the lead. The undefeated streak was a bit overrated since SV only had a few quality wins. So here is my prediction. SV will lose a few players(prolly a started or two, who knows when this thing blows) and few games between now and the end of the season. And if some certain people accomplish their goal there will be a new chief in the Valley next year. Oh well this should be a fun show!
nasticus Wrote:Why is it that you people cannot see exactly what is going on. The house of cards that is SV is just about ready to fall. The great coach has promised so much playing time to so many people, it is now starting to affect the outcome of the games. There is not enough time to keep everyone happy. I can see the pressure mounting. the coach also should be watching the ones beside him. Ths gives new meaning to "keep your friends close and your enemies even closer". There are a few different agendas on that staff. As for the loss, Hazard is mediocre team at best and Pineville is a 13th region bottom dweller. It seems funny to me that he only plays the right people just enough to win. However this approach backfired against Hazard, the coach waited just a little too long to try and recover the lead. The undefeated streak was a bit overrated since SV only had a few quality wins. So here is my prediction. SV will lose a few players(prolly a started or two, who knows when this thing blows) and few games between now and the end of the season. And if some certain people accomplish their goal there will be a new chief in the Valley next year. Oh well this should be a fun show!

Welcome to BGR. You seem to have all the answers. I must disagree with you when you call Hazard just a mediocre team. IMO Hazard is a good team that had a bad night against SV or you guys would have gotten rocked.
MATRIX Wrote:Welcome to BGR. You seem to have all the answers. I must disagree with you when you call Hazard just a mediocre team. IMO Hazard is a good team that had a bad night against SV or you guys would have gotten rocked.

Hard to say that, because both teams played a bad game, so you can't really say what may have happened if both teams hadn't played so bad. One thing is for sure. If these teams played 10 games, neither team would ever "rock" the other one.