Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 34 Raceland 8(Class 1A Semi-Finals)
FootballGuy Wrote:http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2624517/high.../210287702
Is this a cheap shot? All of you are so worried about the kicker and messers leg was almost broke in the first quarter. Gator rolling ?

i wast even going to say nething but #21 from Wburg was in on 3 tackles that injured 3 legs. Caldwell, Young, and Messer. The hits were not really hard, the hits were not low. All came up lame after being in the pile. But it is what it is. Thats football. Nathaniel's hit on their K was attrocious. It was flagged, he was sat by the coach, coach salmons handled it percectly. Lets move on.
These are HS kids that all make mistakes at one time or another. Football is a rough sport any way. Sadly, these types of plays are part of the game . Im not condoning them, just sayin
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:These are HS kids that all make mistakes at one time or another. Football is a rough sport any way. Sadly, these types of plays are part of the game . Im not condoning them, just sayin

A player getting his ankle twisted at the bottom of a pile is part of the game. A kicker taking a full speed helmet to the chin while watching the ball go through the uprights is borderline assault.
like i said. the hit on the kicker was attrocious. but like it or not, those things do indeed happen. this isnt the first time a player on a high school team has done something dumb and stupid after a whistle and it wont be the last. no one has said anything about it being the right thing to do, because it wasnt. but many on here and other sites seem to believe that a play like this is the first time something has happened like this and that the Raceland Staff and officials did nothing about it. Salmons made Davidson sit the final minutes of and appologize after the game. The refs called the penalty. No one is disputing how bad it was. I simply said all of the circumstances mentioned on this thread are things that are going to happen when you are dealing with KIDS who cant always handle their emotions. In regaurds to it being "borderline assult" the hit was bad, but I wouldnt go as far to say that. but to each his own. It was a bad and stupid decision by the KID. Hopefully he learns from it and grows from it.
nekysportsfan Wrote:A player getting his ankle twisted at the bottom of a pile is part of the game. A kicker taking a full speed helmet to the chin while watching the ball go through the uprights is borderline assault.

The ankle twist didn't occur on the bottom of the pile, it was on the sideline, there was no question about what the intent was. It was more akin to a gator roll.
I sure hope there isn't any stuff at the bottom of piles this week. They will be dealing with a totally different type of kids mentally.
http://youtu.be/vYpwjwzCQ4c?t=4m25s

According to Virginia tech it's Legal and the gator roll is taught as an open field tackle
I've known coaches that use to give out stickers for helmets for hits like that. It use to be very common for a player not in the play to seek out somebody not paying attention and pancake them. People have only started coming out against it in the past ten years or so due to so many concussion reports surfacing. I'm not saying it was ever the "right" thing to do, but it was very common.
Let it go. I'm sure the boy was upset that his season was already done and now they run a pass play with less than half a minute on the clock. It added insult to injury. It's over now. No reason to beat a dead horse or Ram for that matter.
strange danger Wrote:http://youtu.be/vYpwjwzCQ4c?t=4m25s

According to Virginia tech it's Legal and the gator roll is taught as an open field tackle

mysonis55 Wrote:Let it go. I'm sure the boy was upset that his season was already done and now they run a pass play with less than half a minute on the clock. It added insult to injury. It's over now. No reason to beat a dead horse or Ram for that matter.

Who beating a Ram Mysonis55. I think they was talking about a gator roll if its legal or not....I don't know for sure but I see teams in warm-up drlll practice it in slow motions. Confusederiously:
mysonis55 Wrote:Let it go. I'm sure the boy was upset that his season was already done and now they run a pass play with less than half a minute on the clock. It added insult to injury. It's over now. No reason to beat a dead horse or Ram for that matter.

You are the biggest dead horse beater on the planet, and it's a big a$$ planet!!!!!!!
I agree with scotty bronson that it was handled as well as it could be.....coach salmons obviously handled it well and coaches and players were good afterwards from what was seen. Even heard coaches say it was all cool afterwards just one of those football things. Again people that doesn't have dog in the fight wanting to stir up trouble.......jet go count your trophies and practice basketball. Amazing how when your team gets beat and you disappear for days........then when you start posting its about another team and things that dont even involve you. Collect stamps with while your counting your trophies
nekysportsfan Wrote:A player getting his ankle twisted at the bottom of a pile is part of the game. A kicker taking a full speed helmet to the chin while watching the ball go through the uprights is borderline assault.

Are you stupid or just from Williamsburg. Twisting ankles at the bottom of the pile is the act of a coward. Throwing for a TD when you should have kneeled the ball gets your kicker smacked in the mouth.

You telling somebody not to beat a dead horse is extremely hilarious :hilarious:
footballfever Wrote:You are the biggest dead horse beater on the planet, and it's a big a$$ planet!!!!!!!

truer words were never spoken.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Are you stupid or just from Williamsburg. Twisting ankles at the bottom of the pile is the act of a coward. Throwing for a TD when you should have kneeled the ball gets your kicker smacked in the mouth.

Are you stupid or just from Raceland...Throwing a TD pass equals or justifies potentially causing a permanent brain injury....
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Are you stupid or just from Williamsburg. Twisting ankles at the bottom of the pile is the act of a coward. Throwing for a TD when you should have kneeled the ball gets your kicker smacked in the mouth.

Absurd! There is no justification for hitting a defenseless kicker. If it was justified to hit a kicker when Williamsburg was winning, how come no other team Williamsburg played deliberately roughed the kicker late in the game?

Alright everyone remember to teach your kids when they grow up if they are losing a football game and the other team scores to always kill the kicker it will make everything better and make up for the loss....... Ain't nobody saying that

:dudecomeon: I twisted my ankle walking on the track.

The act I saw on video is the act of a coward and a thug. Is number 2 a relative of yours or something? No reasonable person watching that could defend it.
64SUR Wrote:Who beating a Ram Mysonis55. I think they was talking about a gator roll if its legal or not....I don't know for sure but I see teams in warm-up drlll practice it in slow motions. Confusederiously:

This drill you guys are talking about is nothing compared to what Lowery did to Messer, absolutely nothing in common. Everyone of you want to bash the kid for the cheap shot on your kicker and rightfully so, but to sit there and act like what Lowery did is simply part of the game is asinine. A cheap shot is a cheap shot. What the kid from Raceland did is cowardice and the same goes for the kid from Williamsburg.
why the hell are we still talking about this? both were at fault. Wburg won, we lost. the game got chippy, flags were thrown, coaches spoke w players. lord.
Ramcat77 Wrote:This drill you guys are talking about is nothing compared to what Lowery did to Messer, absolutely nothing in common. Everyone of you want to bash the kid for the cheap shot on your kicker and rightfully so, but to sit there and act like what Lowery did is simply part of the game is asinine. A cheap shot is a cheap shot. What the kid from Raceland did is cowardice and the same goes for the kid from Williamsburg.

I didn't say Williamsburg practice that drill. Let me make that clear. :please:
Ramcat77 Wrote:This drill you guys are talking about is nothing compared to what Lowery did to Messer, absolutely nothing in common. Everyone of you want to bash the kid for the cheap shot on your kicker and rightfully so, but to sit there and act like what Lowery did is simply part of the game is asinine. A cheap shot is a cheap shot. What the kid from Raceland did is cowardice and the same goes for the kid from Williamsburg.

A cheap shot is a cheap shot...One may be a cheap shot, but the other is an assault with the intent to cause permanent harm...
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:why the hell are we still talking about this? both were at fault. Wburg won, we lost. the game got chippy, flags were thrown, coaches spoke w players. lord.

Come-on Scotty_Bronson the kicker wasn't at fault. This other thing about a gator roll or twisted dance toe hoe tackle happen just about on every play. I haveto disagree with you, when you say both kids was a fault...sorry I hope you wasn't talking about the kicker. :ref2:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:why the hell are we still talking about this? both were at fault. Wburg won, we lost. the game got chippy, flags were thrown, coaches spoke w players. lord.

The only reason I chose to still talk about it is because a Raceland fan expressed my opinion was stupid and that the hit on the kicker was just and valid retribution for scoring the TD. Idiot.
64SUR Wrote:Come-on Scotty_Bronson the kicker wasn't at fault. This other thing about a gator roll or twisted dance toe hoe tackle happen just about on every play. I haveto disagree with you, when you say both kids was a fault...sorry I hope you wasn't talking about the kicker. :ref2:

In Both circumstances, defenders were at fault. The targeting incident was absolutely crazy. One can argue "legal" tackles all they want. But what was done to Connor on the sideline was not a Gator Roll. It was a gator roll tackle, followed by the kid intentionally twisting his ankle. NEITHER DAMN ONE OF THE PLAYS ARE RIGHT. both were excesive, flagrant, and classless, imo. Thats the last thing I will say on the subject.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:like i said. the hit on the kicker was attrocious. but like it or not, those things do indeed happen. this isnt the first time a player on a high school team has done something dumb and stupid after a whistle and it wont be the last. no one has said anything about it being the right thing to do, because it wasnt. but many on here and other sites seem to believe that a play like this is the first time something has happened like this and that the Raceland Staff and officials did nothing about it. Salmons made Davidson sit the final minutes of and appologize after the game. The refs called the penalty. No one is disputing how bad it was. I simply said all of the circumstances mentioned on this thread are things that are going to happen when you are dealing with KIDS who cant always handle their emotions. In regaurds to it being "borderline assult" the hit was bad, but I wouldnt go as far to say that. but to each his own. It was a bad and stupid decision by the KID. Hopefully he learns from it and grows from it.

Scotty that is A good post. I truly believe the child learned from it. Coach Salmons I am sure handled it in the proper manner. That doesn't mean punishment, I think Raceland fans also were disappointed. Let it go.
Judge for yourself
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2624517/high.../210287702
FootballGuy Wrote:http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2624517/high.../210287702
Is this a cheap shot? All of you are so worried about the kicker and messers leg was almost broke in the first quarter. Gator rolling ?

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2624517/high.../210287702
strange danger Wrote:http://youtu.be/vYpwjwzCQ4c?t=4m25s

Open field tackle, or out of bounds on the sideline and rolling after the whistle was blown. Give me break. You all talk about Nathaniel being a thug, well Chase Lowery is no better. Yea I said it, Kick me off or whatever. This was not part of football, intentionally hurting players.