•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buckhorn 46 - Perry County Central 42
Congrats to the Horn on a huge win. These boys have been playing as a team and that is what it takes to pull out these big wins. Easterling has been their leading scorer the last 3 out of 4 games because Day is being focused on so much. They have proved to everyone that this is not a one man show. These seniors have worked for this for a long time and they have a chance to keep on rolling and get there shot to play at Rupp. Perry had a great season and just didn't execute the way they have all year long, looked like they were the underdogs and had way to much pressure on themselves and went away from everything that got them there all year long. Wrong people shooting, missing easy buckets, big man was no factor at all, just total opposite team from how they have played all year long. This was not a team last night, it was just a bunch of individuals running up and down the court. The "TEAM" came out on top and is headed to the region and possibly the State. Good game by both teams and Congrats again to the Wildcats on a major win for these seniors and possible coach of the year, John Noble.
I haven't yet decided how I feel about high schools recruiting athletes. But, it really shouldn't matter because it's a decided issue...by the KHSAA. It's wrong, illegal, unethical...whatever; it's considered prohibited by the governing body over Kentucky athletics. So, if it IS prohibited, why does it happen so many times?

In the 52nd district tournament program, one kid is pictured with TWO teams!! Evidently, one team took their picture early in the season, and the other team took their's later. Go figure.

Recruiting is personally quite distasteful to me. However, recently I have heard some pretty good arguments in favor of it. I just cannot make a decision about it just now, but evidently the governing body of Kentucky athletics HAS made the decision. The question now becomes how so many schools get by this rule.
Bear Nut Wrote:I haven't yet decided how I feel about high schools recruiting athletes. But, it really shouldn't matter because it's a decided issue...by the KHSAA. It's wrong, illegal, unethical...whatever; it's considered prohibited by the governing body over Kentucky athletics. So, if it IS prohibited, why does it happen so many times?

In the 52nd district tournament program, one kid is pictured with TWO teams!! Evidently, one team took their picture early in the season, and the other team took their's later. Go figure.

Recruiting is personally quite distasteful to me. However, recently I have heard some pretty good arguments in favor of it. I just cannot make a decision about it just now, but evidently the governing body of Kentucky athletics HAS made the decision. The question now becomes how so many schools get by this rule.

I would believe the player your talking about is Trevor Kelly (Perry and Hazard)...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Coach Noble!!! So glad I made the long drive last night to watch this one. I really thought Perry would win, but something in my gut said go watch this game because if Buckhorn pulls this off you're gonna be pissed you didn't go. Great defense by Gay, great execution by Coach Noble, Easterling plays big, GREAT GREAT team effort. This is what makes high school basketball in the state of Kentucky so special, the little man doesn't always win, but win they do...... WOW!!!!! The Commodores should be proud of the season they had, its really tough for it to end with such lofty expectations, but TONIGHT ....The better TEAM won......Congrats again Buckhorn.......I knew the 14th region postseason would be crazy, but DANG!!!!
Are you serious? Everybody knows that Hatcher's son recruited him for his team, couldn't get him eligible, so sent him to Perry County with 13 1/2 credits and wallah, through the magic of ending their semester early, he became eligible at PCC. Come on folks, get real! His mother didn't seek out Hazard, KY and PCC.
ekff Wrote:I would believe the player your talking about is Trevor Kelly (Perry and Hazard)...

Nope; wrong district.
But does serve to prove my point.
Hazard didn't recruit him. Parents got mad at Hatcher. Mom teaches in Perry and no, they didn't move. Perry just didn't care to fight it.
I believe that would be Harlan, Middlesboro, Pineville, and Bell.
zaga_fan Wrote:This district doesn't seed in the playoffs.
Perry and Buckhorn would have played in the finals in any other District but we draw to see who plays who.

It makes things "interesting"...
but whether you're playing a 1 seed or a 4 seed you have to come ready to play.
BHS was ready to go tonight

I think Hazard and Leslie Co. would have had something to say about that!
Congratulations Buckhorn!

I sat through this entire game just knowing Perry would make a run and it would be over... but it didn't happen.

I do however think it was an upset (some are saying it was not). Perry was ranked 7th in the state and some thought they could make a run in Lexington..now they won't even be playing in the regionals.

Mountain basketball is so crazy come late Feb/March!
I thought Perry Central would win the Region. Needless to say, great win for Buckhorn!!
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Congrats to the horn!!!! they get done with local boys. A shout out to Wall2Wall, I don't think PCC is going to be running wild in Lexington.

I picked them as soon as Paige got eligible and have flip flopped between them and Knott all year as my favorite. I feel bad for Perry's Seniors but at the same time I am so proud of Buckhorn's Seniors.
congrats buckhorn on a great win
zaga_fan Wrote:As for me.
I will be cheering this Buckhorn team on the rest of the season.
You have to respect what they have done over on their side of the county with all of the homegrown kids and a team full of seniors.

I would urge everyone in Perry County to pull out their purple and support The Horn.They didn't "Shock The World" IMO because we all knew they were capable of this.
Ballstar said the other day that it could all end tonight and we say so many times throughout the season that this region hinges on the draw in the 54th District.
Buckhorn has chosen to live-and-die by the draw over the years and it paid off for them this time.
Will they be able to get a trip to Rupp out of it?

what about the blue and gold zf there still in it?:biggrin:
Looks like this eliminates all possibilities of Perry getting hosed in the regional tournament which was the Title of a previous thread. Congrats Buckhorn. Love to see small schools that get no respect hand it to the schools with all the hype!.!.!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:I think Hazard and Leslie Co. would have had something to say about that!

Let me restate that...

Perry and Buckhorn's only shot to play each other should have been in the finals.

Upsets are always possible. Obviously lol
Downtown10 Wrote:what about the blue and gold zf there still in it?:biggrin:

It doesn't bring out the color in my eyes like Purple does lol
ANEWPAT Wrote:Anyone can be gracious and humble when they just got beat. Wonder what everyone's tone would have been had PCC won this game! As for Paige, no I don't blame him for moving schools if he thought that he had some benefit to gain. I do however blame the PCC coaches and administration if they lied, twisted and cheated to get him eligible. Which is exactly what has happened all year at every school that has had these out of state transfers. Not one of them can honestly say that their moves was not primarily to play basketball which makes everyone of them ineligible. Someone joked about Paige probably already being on a plane back to NY, wouldn't surprise me. I know that Hudson at Cordia was already planning to go back to Texas before the season even ended. Don't know if he will finish the year out or leave now, but he told his friends in Texas that he was going back home and would be playing AAU in Texas. Now, come August, let's see if he comes back to Cordia and if the KHSAA lets him play.

I'll comment on this one later.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'll comment on this one later.

:eyeroll: I'll just wait right here for your reply.
^^^lol!!!
ANEWPAT Wrote:Anyone can be gracious and humble when they just got beat. Wonder what everyone's tone would have been had PCC won this game! As for Paige, no I don't blame him for moving schools if he thought that he had some benefit to gain. I do however blame the PCC coaches and administration if they lied, twisted and cheated to get him eligible. Which is exactly what has happened all year at every school that has had these out of state transfers. Not one of them can honestly say that their moves was not primarily to play basketball which makes everyone of them ineligible. Someone joked about Paige probably already being on a plane back to NY, wouldn't surprise me. I know that Hudson at Cordia was already planning to go back to Texas before the season even ended. Don't know if he will finish the year out or leave now, but he told his friends in Texas that he was going back home and would be playing AAU in Texas. Now, come August, let's see if he comes back to Cordia and if the KHSAA lets him play.

Not really, losing sucks, especially in the first round of the district tournament, it's much easier to throw a fit and make excuses. If Perry would have won, I would've congratulated PCC for winning and Buckhorn for a good season. But that didn't happen. Not all PCC posters are nuts.
The 2 big 14th region off-season topic's

Cordia (Rhodes and Texas boys) - OUT 1st round district

Jaysean Paige - OUT 1st round district

There was so much hype this off-season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Not really, losing sucks, especially in the first round of the district tournament, it's much easier to throw a fit and make excuses. If Perry would have won, I would've congratulated PCC for winning and Buckhorn for a good season. But that didn't happen. Not all PCC posters are nuts.

Well, that's real sweet. I would go back and look at your 1,547 posts to see if that is how you have really handled winning in the past, but I'm just not that interested in finding out. But, everyone knows exactly what I mean. It's true, not just for PCC fans, but for us all!

By the way, check out the grammar. I tried really hard this time. And, you may want to watch your capitalization, punctuation and sentence structure.
ANEWPAT Wrote::eyeroll: I'll just wait right here for your reply.

Below you will see every single post I made in the thread where Perry defeated Knott County earlier.
ANEWPAT Wrote:Well, that's real sweet. I would go back and look at your 1,547 posts to see if that is how you have really handled winning in the past, but I'm just not that interested in finding out. But, everyone knows exactly what I mean. It's true, not just for PCC fans, but for us all!

By the way, check out the grammar. I tried really hard this time. And, you may want to watch your capitalization, punctuation and sentence structure.

If you ever want to, then go right ahead.

:Thumbs: Must be another answered prayer. You should play the lottery.

Some people have to find a way to take a shot no matter what anyone says. If that makes you feel better, then fine with me.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:If you ever want to, then go right ahead.

:Thumbs: Must be another answered prayer. You should play the lottery.

Some people have to find a way to take a shot no matter what anyone says. If that makes you feel better, then fine with me.

Some people can dish it, but can't take it.
zaga_fan Wrote:One of the more crucial moments of this game that shouldn't get overlooked was the last 2:30 of the 1st half.
Perry was trying to weather the storm with Jaysean on the bench and the lead was at 7.
Perry held the ball the remainder of the quarter and Braxton hit a 3 right before the buzzer cutting the lead to 4. HUMONGOUS SHOT!

KCC's zone was very impressive but when Braxton started getting into the paint and when they put Jaysean in the high post Perry started to find the holes.

A lot of FTs missed in this one but you have to give the nod to Jaysean Paige for what he did in the second half. Say what you want about his offense, his dunking, his 3s....his defense won this game for Perry Central.

And as always this game essentially ended with Braxton Beverly hitting the most important FTs of the night.
I'm such a troll

zaga_fan Wrote:The coaching move to put Huff on Justice paid major dividends and something that may have went unnoticed....
Trevor Combs played Davis for a big portion of the night and he did the best job he could have done. Shorter reach, smaller frame, outweighed by who knows how much....
He did a great job.
I can't believe I would say that

zaga_fan Wrote:and by the way....
If Jaysean would have made that dunk where he went baseline and rose up on about 2 or 3 Patriots....
The Morton Combs Athletic Complex would have been burned to the ground from the electricity in the crowd.

I got to the gym at the end of the 1st quarter in the JV game and I had to park at the Skate Park lol
I apologize for that one...

zaga_fan Wrote:And before anyone that decides to go there.

Bottom line!
This game was called pretty tight and the refs did a great job of keeping it on an even playing field for both teams.

KCC ended up with more fouls but they had to unintentionally foul a few times at the end.
hmmmm - That's odd that I would talk about KCC so badly

zaga_fan Wrote:Knott Co. Central 43
Perry Co. Central 46
Perry Co. Central (21-4) -- Paige 15, Beverly 13, Combs 2, Cornett 6, Huff 8, Smith 2.
Knott Co. Central (22-3) -- Davis 15, Adams 4, Justice 11, Christon 4, Hall 7, Cornett 2.
Wasted a good attempt at trolling with stats...

zaga_fan Wrote:^ah boys...
Gotta have it somewhere

zaga_fan Wrote:I wasn't arguing about the call or anything.
Just wanted to know.
Cook didn't even give a signal.
He just pointed at Jaysean and pointed the other direction.

IMO that could have been a makeup call for the charge on Davis right before that.
I was absolutely livid in that one

zaga_fan Wrote:L o L
l O l

zaga_fan Wrote:IMO the walk on Cornett was a good call...
even if it wasn't...
if he catches that ball and doesn't bobble it he has a layup.
He needs to work on catching the ball a lot.
Did I just say that a Perry player did something wrong?!

zaga_fan Wrote:#4) I sat right behind BB and I can agree with you on that. And as for Hatcher....he complains about everything too. He didn't get down on the floor and crawl this time, though. So it's all good lol
#7) If you got that big with a bowflex over the summer you do it too lol
#4 was talking about BB complaining about calls
#7 was about Davis' ability to force the issue in the paint

zaga_fan Wrote:You are correct.
Perry played the perfect game and still barely squeaked it out.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zaga_fan Wrote:I'll give you 3 guesses Smile
Don't remember. But I'm sure I had hate in my heart

zaga_fan Wrote:Haters gonna hate
Had to be there as well

zaga_fan Wrote:Remember now.
You said you never disrespect me Wink
Talking to KyFan35 and how he is so respectful of me

zaga_fan Wrote:Overrated is banned for a month lol
speaks for itself

zaga_fan Wrote:That makes no sense
someone said any school in louisville would give the Dores a better chance to go to the Sweet 16

zaga_fan Wrote:We've only heard that 50 times every year
about Hatcher leaving

zaga_fan Wrote:How could any school in Louisville guarantee a better shot at getting to the Sweet 16 than Perry Central would?
back to the louisville crap

zaga_fan Wrote:Let me explain this for everyone.

To say that ANY school in Louisville gives them a better shot...
means that you would be playing against all of those other teams in Louisville.
There's a much higher level of competition on any given night and a lot bigger chance to get upset.
self-explanatory

zaga_fan Wrote:Trinity, Ballard, St. X, Manual, Male....
naming schools that would make it hard to get to the sweet 16 in louisville

zaga_fan Wrote:Hey guys.
Word is that Cordia is getting a player from Lithuania next year.
7' big man that can do it all.
I heard Justice is coming with him.
Jabbing at people for saying Knott has a bunch of transfers coming in over the summer

zaga_fan Wrote:I can agree with that.
I was so hateful in that one

zaga_fan Wrote:I was just picking at everyone that keeps saying all these people are transferring.

I honestly just picked a random school.
explaining the Cordia comment to Wall2Wall

There was also another post where I said...
"Where are all the Knott veterans at"
I clicked on the wrong post and I didn't want to fool with finding it again.
ANEWPAT Wrote:Some people can dish it, but can't take it.

:okay: Sucks for them.
Bottom line guys....

I raise hell on these threads prior to the game and let everyone know my opinions, but at the end of the day they're just opinions.

After the games when we get on here I choose not to blast anyone because when it comes down to it these are kids that are simply playing the game they enjoy to play and we can ruin it for a lot of them. Like posting that they are transferring here, enrolling there, and getting on a plane back to texas or New York after basketball season is over.

I would hope that all of us realize that kids all over the state that have played competitve basketball with a schools name printed on their chest since pre-school don't have the opportunity to do that any more after this week.
Now Zaga, you spent that much time pulling out all of those posts, trying to disprove something that even you know is true. You've been on these boards long enough to know that I am most certainly right. You are one fan, pulling posts from one thread. You know and I know, that on these boards, the winning teams fans are loud and obnoxious and the losing fans (regardless of how much trash talking they have done on here before the game) are humble and full of compliments. Will you actually say, that you always take the high road when your team puts a whipping on someone.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next