Poll: 3A State Championship
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
50.00%
Central
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Central Dec. 3 (3A State Championship)
Good luck belfry TongueirateSho
From the Kentucky Rivals Site:

But Wales pursuit of the record will be a major storyline of Saturday's game. Does he think he's capable of going for 425 yards in a single game?

"Yes, I do," he said. "I know we have a very good line, and my coach, I think he'll put the ball in my hands for me to get the chance. … We're going to take a shot at it, but it's not really a big thing on my mind. I'm just worried about winning first."

Looks like Ace doesn't think Belfry has a chance of stopping him.
No sounds like he wants to win and is very confident. If you almost got 300 on St.X you would be confident too !
TheTruthwillset Wrote:WOW,thats all you can say is talk about how i type. Don't cry to bad when Central whipes the floor with your beloved Belfry. I was trying to just tell the flat out truth you can't beat them. nobody in AAA can and you call me dumb?
Well whats that make the Belfry Fan that bet me $300.00 that they will win?
I Will enjoy watching you guys get your butts handed to you again.
I called it before the first kick off Belfry vs central AAA State Championship game most of you Belfry fans was picking Bell vs Belfry but you all where wrong. LISTEN I HOPE EVERY BELFRY PLAYER READS THIS YOU GOT NO CHANCE JUST STAY HOME SATURDAY AND TELL THEM TO MAIL YOU THE RUNNERS UP AND PUT IT BESIDE YOUR OTHER THREE.

If your from the earstern part of ky i would have to say we have kicked your ASS before this is why you hate us so bad and that is the way we like it
GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!
Coachdad Wrote:No sounds like he wants to win and is very confident. If you almost got 300 on St.X you would be confident too !
Yea coach sounds like it. By the way how did that X game turn out anyway?
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Yea coach sounds like it. By the way how did that X game turn out anyway?
Hold up. If we are now comparing Belfry to St. X, the thread needs to be closed.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:From the Kentucky Rivals Site:

But Wales pursuit of the record will be a major storyline of Saturday's game. Does he think he's capable of going for 425 yards in a single game?

"Yes, I do," he said. "I know we have a very good line, and my coach, I think he'll put the ball in my hands for me to get the chance. … We're going to take a shot at it, but it's not really a big thing on my mind. I'm just worried about winning first."

Looks like Ace doesn't think Belfry has a chance of stopping him.

as long as Belfry wins the game i dont care if he get 500yds..
Panther Thunder Wrote:Hold up. If we are now comparing Belfry to St. X, the thread needs to be closed.

Yea i guess that is like comparing Pikeville and Belfry.
Coachdad Wrote:No sounds like he wants to win and is very confident. If you almost got 300 on St.X you would be confident too !

424 yards in a single game has been achieved in KY history less than 20 times despite the tens of thousands of games that have been played. Suggesting he thinks he "has a shot at it" suggests his confidence level is maxed out heading into this game.

Who knows..he may bust 5 or 6 long TD's though and have a shot.... stranger things have happened and he is a truly special RB.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Hold up. If we are now comparing Belfry to St. X, the thread needs to be closed.
PT please read the post give it some thought and if you don't understand I will break it down. Either way go Pirates bring it home!!!!!!
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Yea coach sounds like it. By the way how did that X game turn out anyway?

X by 1 in OT.

You so crazy !don't know your age bracket but that's slang for that was funny!

Btw what's wrong with comparing St.X to Belfry ? Aren't they both " big , physical" teams ?
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Yea i guess that is like comparing Pikeville and Belfry.
The gap between Pikeville and Belfry is closer than the gap between Belfry and Saint Xavier.

I'm not sure what your point is. I misread MCH's post, but from what i thought it said, my point was still a valid one. So, I am confused as to what your jab at Pikeville proves?

As for this whole game/situation:

-The Belfry staff is smart enough to realize if they only try to stop Wales, they will get burnt like some turkeys last week.

-That being said, Wales will have a solid game because Belfry cannot just focus on him. I will predict between 150-175 yards if the game is close. 225-250 in a blowout.

-Belfry is going to have to catch some breaks. They need Central to make some mistakes via penalties, turnovers, busted assignments, etc...

-Belfry needs to sustain long drives and convert on them. Belfry busting a 70-yard TD is good for them because it puts points up, but that just leaves more time with which Central has to work.

-Keep the game low scoring, Belfry does not have much of a chance once this game creeps towards 50 combined points.

-Central needs to establish their ability to throw the football early, opening up the running game later. They would like to score quickly and often.

-It is an obvious one, but force Belfry into passing downs. Belfry has to find a way to be a little creative on 1st and 2nd down to find a way to keep Central honest.

-My prediction:

Central 35
Belfry 14

Best of luck to both teams and here's to no injuries. Hope to see Pikeville back in one of these soon.
Coachdad Wrote:Btw what's wrong with comparing St.X to Belfry ? Aren't they both " big , physical" teams ?

If you want to do that then we will take it as a major compliment.... but most Belfry fans would find the notion of listing the Pirates in the same league as arguably one of the state's Top 3 programs is a bit too far of a stretch.

Belfry is one of the top programs in Kentucky, but there is a lot of work to do to ever dare be mentioned in the same breath as Trinity, X, or Highlands.
Coachdad Wrote:Btw what's wrong with comparing St.X to Belfry ? Aren't they both " big , physical" teams ?
Lol. I respect Belfry and wish that we would've had the post-season success that they have had the past 9 years, but the Pirates are no Saint Xavier. And I do not see why people would get torn up over someone saying that. Only 2-3 schools in this state can rival them in most years.
Let me weight in on this matter! So I am hearing all Central all the tim in this one.

Ok, I think it's gonna be one heck of a game. Belfry has a good team and so does Central, both teams deserve to be here. After a hard battle-tested win vs. an up and coming, talented, and very good Garrard Co. team last Friday night. The Pirates earned there way back to Bowling Green. When you go on the road in back-to-back weeks and play tough teams you learn something about yourself. Central finished the last round on the road. So here are a couple of things that you might not be aware of.

Points Scored this season
Belfry- 565
Central- 549

Points Allowed
Belfry- 196
Central- 224

Playoff Games on the Road
Belfry-2
Central-1

Playoff Opp W-L Record
Belfry 30-20
Central 31-19

Times Allowing 30+ Pts.
Belfry-1
Central- 3

Times Scoring 50+
Belfry- 5
Central- 3

Just fun facts that mean nothing. It means they play a game between two white lines and have 11 players each. These are 15,16,17 year old Kids who will give everything that they have in them to acheive a state title good luck to both teams and look forward to seeing just "WHAT HAPPENS" on Sat.
I haven't weighed in yet, so here are my 2 cents.

Obviously Central is a 3 TD favorite in this game. I have gone back and watched last years title game on Ihigh and am trying to watch the Central v Eastern game on Ihigh.

Central's linebackers look noticeable better with an offseason under their belt. But, no Pace or absolute monster on the d-line this season. Every player in a Central jersey can run.

This year's version of Belfry is much better than last season. The line is a bit better; Tyler Williams is much more adept at running that flexbone and the timing/exchanges are smoother. Hopefully that will result in fewer mistakes and a clean execution of the offense. Willis had some success up the gut last year and he is a bull from the FB spot. If he can consistently get 4 yards on those dives, that gives Belfry some hope. While Pruitt was explosive, the Soph. Justin Johnson is a better natural talent. Dixon and Robinson are completely different athletes than last season and if the o-line can open some holes, they can gain some yardage.

I worry most about Belfry's defense. You can't take everything away from Central, so if I was coaching, I would err on the side of giving a hole over the center and widening out a bit on defense. All four of Belfry's LB'ers (I know Messer and Runyon are technically DE's) are back and improved. I also think the secondary is faster overall and more athletic, this version.

All of that said, Louisville Central's results speak volumes. I of course would love a state title, but I would be pleased if this is a game in the fourth quarter.

On a side note, is Warren going to be 100 percent? Any other injuries of note for either team?
Panther Thunder Wrote:The gap between Pikeville and Belfry is closer than the gap between Belfry and Saint Xavier.

I'm not sure what your point is. I misread MCH's post, but from what i thought it said, my point was still a valid one. So, I am confused as to what your jab at Pikeville proves?

As for this whole game/situation:

-The Belfry staff is smart enough to realize if they only try to stop Wales, they will get burnt like some turkeys last week.

-That being said, Wales will have a solid game because Belfry cannot just focus on him. I will predict between 150-175 yards if the game is close. 225-250 in a blowout.

-Belfry is going to have to catch some breaks. They need Central to make some mistakes via penalties, turnovers, busted assignments, etc...

-Belfry needs to sustain long drives and convert on them. Belfry busting a 70-yard TD is good for them because it puts points up, but that just leaves more time with which Central has to work.

-Keep the game low scoring, Belfry does not have much of a chance once this game creeps towards 50 combined points.

-Central needs to establish their ability to throw the football early, opening up the running game later. They would like to score quickly and often.

-It is an obvious one, but force Belfry into passing downs. Belfry has to find a way to be a little creative on 1st and 2nd down to find a way to keep Central honest.

-My prediction:

Central 35
Belfry 14

Best of luck to both teams and here's to no injuries. Hope to see Pikeville back in one of these soon.

Sorry shouldn't have said that i was out of line.
outsider Wrote:Let me weight in on this matter! So I am hearing all Central all the tim in this one.

Ok, I think it's gonna be one heck of a game. Belfry has a good team and so does Central, both teams deserve to be here. After a hard battle-tested win vs. an up and coming, talented, and very good Garrard Co. team last Friday night. The Pirates earned there way back to Bowling Green. When you go on the road in back-to-back weeks and play tough teams you learn something about yourself. Central finished the last round on the road. So here are a couple of things that you might not be aware of.

Points Scored this season
Belfry- 565
Central- 549

Points Allowed
Belfry- 196
Central- 224

Playoff Games on the Road
Belfry-2
Central-1

Playoff Opp W-L Record
Belfry 30-20
Central 31-19

Times Allowing 30+ Pts.
Belfry-1
Central- 3

Times Scoring 50+
Belfry- 5
Central- 3

Just fun facts that mean nothing. It means they play a game between two white lines and have 11 players each. These are 15,16,17 year old Kids who will give everything that they have in them to acheive a state title good luck to both teams and look forward to seeing just "WHAT HAPPENS" on Sat.

Belfry wins the battle of the statS and looks like we have a better chance than some say. I have never in all my life saw Belfry as big of an undrdog as theyre supposed to be this year. Last years Belfry team was NOT supposed to be in BG but they played with such heart and determination. Now, those same guys are back, improved and hungry..I hope Central takes us as lightly as most do....

Go Pirates!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Let me be honest. The odds are stacked so high against Belfry, it frightens me. I know that with Jesus Christ we can accomplish anything, and hopefully we can. It makes me sick thinking about losing to Central my freshman and senior years. No disrespect to them, they're an absolute no joke nasty football program and could compete in any class. Just being that close, and losing, truly bothers me. There's alot of things I hate about Belfry, Kentucky. The proximity to West Virginia and their drivers and Mountaineer fans, the ignorant rednecks, and pretty much anyone you see in Wal-Mart, but I do love the football program Coach Philip Haywood and even more distantly Coach Dick Roddy has assembled here more than 10 years before I was even put on this Earth. It would have been special for my team to win state my senior year, just the way they did in my late brother's in 2003. One of my fondest memories of my brother is hugging him after David Jones spun into the endzone in overtime. Saturday morning, my stomach will be in knots and to be honest, I'll feel like crap, but as I lay down to sleep I will pray to my God that my Pirates can pull off the upset and bring the 3A Title home to Belfry, because not only I, but we as a fanbase, want it more than ANYTHING.
Quote:Let me be honest. The odds are stacked so high against Belfry, it frightens me. I know that with Jesus Christ we can accomplish anything, and hopefully we can. It makes me sick thinking about losing to Central my freshman and senior years. No disrespect to them, they're an absolute no joke nasty football program and could compete in any class. Just being that close, and losing, truly bothers me. There's alot of things I hate about Belfry, Kentucky. The proximity to West Virginia and their drivers and Mountaineer fans, the ignorant rednecks, and pretty much anyone you see in Wal-Mart, but I do love the football program Coach Philip Haywood and even more distantly Coach Dick Roddy has assembled here more than 10 years before I was even put on this Earth. It would have been special for my team to win state my senior year, just the way they did in my late brother's in 2003. One of my fondest memories of my brother is hugging him after David Jones spun into the endzone in overtime. Saturday morning, my stomach will be in knots and to be honest, I'll feel like crap, but as I lay down to sleep I will pray to my God that my Pirates can pull off the upset and bring the 3A Title home to Belfry, because not only I, but we as a fanbase, want it more than ANYTHING.

Little brother getting me so emotional this early in the morning. Very well said and one of the most heartfelt posts from one of the biggest Belfry Pirates football fans to ever walk on this planet we call home.

I will be watching this game 'til the final whistle blows. Rooting for the Angry Red and waxing nostalgia. We as Pond Creek Nation love this team, not just the '11 version but the team year in and year out. The skull and crossbones could be 0-9 going into game 10 against say the mighty Trinity on the road and you would still see the same fan turnout from the Pirate faithful. Even in the worst of years we turnout. My Jr. and Sr. years we were 7-5 and 8-5 respectively, decent years for most teams, down years for the Pirates and the crowds never shrunk at Vipperman. There are two types of football fans: the attend a game when your team is good or a relative plays fans and Belfry Fans. One of my biggest regrets in life is not putting my 6'2 235lb (Jr/Sr) frame in the Red and White as I am sure I could have been coached into a good lineman, and many men who walked through those halls look back and say if only I had. Ah hindsight and all.
BelfryPride Wrote:Belfry wins the battle of the statS and looks like we have a better chance than some say. I have never in all my life saw Belfry as big of an undrdog as theyre supposed to be this year. Last years Belfry team was NOT supposed to be in BG but they played with such heart and determination. Now, those same guys are back, improved and hungry..I hope Central takes us as lightly as most do....

Go Pirates!!!!

Stats not mentioned:

Belfry opponents were: 83-82 on the year with 6 teams having winning records.

Central Opponents were: 91-78 on the year with 9 teams having winning records.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Sorry shouldn't have said that i was out of line.

I said i was sorry about what i said posted on the wrong quote.
Hatz Wrote:Stats not mentioned:

Belfry opponents were: 83-82 on the year with 6 teams having winning records.

Central Opponents were: 91-78 on the year with 9 teams having winning records.

I took off the teams that each of us lost to...

Opposition Record of Teams Belfry Beat: 74-79
Opposition Record of Teams Central Beat: 65-67

Just to throw in some interesting facts, there...
Belfry0304 Wrote:I took off the teams that each of us lost to...

Opposition Record of Teams Belfry Beat: 74-79
Opposition Record of Teams Central Beat: 65-67

Just to throw in some interesting facts, there...

For argument sake to piggy back:

Belfry defeated 5 teams with a winning record. The composite winning record of those teams is 52-12 (81.25% winning percentage). The average final score was 35-16.

Central defeated 6 teams with a winning record. The composite winning record of those teams is 48-27 (64% winning percentage). The average final score was 40-11.

The teams with a winning record by classification defeated by Belfry:
1A- 1 (Pikeville)
3A- 3 (Breathitt, Pike Central, Garrard)
4A- 1 (Ashland)

The teams with a winning record by classification defeated by Central:
3A- 5 (Goodpasture TN, Larue County, Bell, Corbin, Ft Campbell)
4A-1 (Western)

With all this said, the merit of Central comes in the teams they lost to. Manual, St. X, and PRP were all close losses and all three would easily be the best team Belfry faced.
Central playerrs dont worry about these pirates, they dont hit, o-line wont fire off the ball or stay on a block, backs dont hit the holes, wont take on tacklers. D is slow, cant get off blocks, dont get to the ball, you can run straight up the middle on them, come on into bg friday, stay up late chase the girls, eat a big breakfast saturday morning, them mozy on down and get your trophey
MADJACK75 Wrote:Central playerrs dont worry about these pirates, they dont hit, o-line wont fire off the ball or stay on a block, backs dont hit the holes, wont take on tacklers. D is slow, cant get off blocks, dont get to the ball, you can run straight up the middle on them, come on into bg friday, stay up late chase the girls, eat a big breakfast saturday morning, them mozy on down and get your trophey

I see what you did there.
MADJACK75 Wrote:Central playerrs dont worry about these pirates, they dont hit, o-line wont fire off the ball or stay on a block, backs dont hit the holes, wont take on tacklers. D is slow, cant get off blocks, dont get to the ball, you can run straight up the middle on them, come on into bg friday, stay up late chase the girls, eat a big breakfast saturday morning, them mozy on down and get your trophey
:biggrin::hilarious::Thumbs:
AtlPirateFan Wrote:I see what you did there.

Good eye Smile
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next