•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central 2011
Bottom line is you have "4" years to play high school football. This isn't college people.
You may say what you want about Belfry but the question is "How many 5th year seniors has Belfry had in the past?"
F.N.L. Wrote:You may say what you want about Belfry but the question is "How many 5th year seniors has Belfry had in the past?"

Can't quote on the past but I can tell you from the ones I associate with - there are 5 seniors this year that will be 17 years old when they graduate. To me, that's young! One I know definatly just turned 17 about 7 days ago. Would you consider those young men "5th year seniors"???
long_time_pirate Wrote:excellent post 15th
It's nice to see that someone can understand what I was trying to get across to Mr. Arrogance, OOPS, I mean oldtimer. I can guarantee that IF he does know Coach Haywood, it's in passing or on the field. Maybe now that you've broken it down for him, he can get the gist of "what type of league" he is in.

Oldtimer, it's a public forum. If you don't like what I post, then don't read it. I actually get a kick out of reading your childish banter so post on... LOL

I think I said personally, not as a football guru or god. I'm glad that you like my childish bantering. But I am living beyond my high school glory days, ok.

The is an obvious mix-up in our leagues, ok.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:This is a public form we don't have to mind our own business and we all can tell how much class you have you talk like a hater i like haters that means we still kicking beaten you.TongueirateSho

I don't hate anyone, but I can't stand a run on sentence.......LOL.TongueirateSho
Any word on Tim Smith? Transfer fromm Sv. Its getting almost time.
I think Pike Central will be very tough.
hawkeye Wrote:Any word on Tim Smith? Transfer fromm Sv. Its getting almost time.

Did he not attend school the last part of the school year at Pike Central? If in fact he did, wouldn't he already be in the system and eligible to play? I am just asking?, and am sure there is something that I don't understand.
TC it doesnt matter if your enrolled in school the matter at hand is he was considered a SR at Valley last season thus, it is uncertain whether or not he has an additonal year of eligability. Go back through this thread and read the discussion.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:TC it doesnt matter if your enrolled in school the matter at hand is he was considered a SR at Valley last season thus, it is uncertain whether or not he has an additonal year of eligability. Go back through this thread and read the discussion.

I have read the posts on this thread re Tim and find diverse opinions. However, my question, and unfortunately I didn't make it clear, is why is it taking so long to determine his status?

The reason I mentioned Tim being enrolled at PC and obviously wanting to play in the 2011 season, is that one would think the coach and principal would be all over the KHSAA to determine if this young man will be eligible.

I moreover realize that Tim being enrolled at PC doesn't have anything to do with his pending eligibility, and I'm sure that PC would want a speedy resolution to this situation.

Irrespective of whether he ruled eligible or ineligible, I wish Tim the very best going forward.
The Contrarian Wrote:I have read the posts on this thread re Tim and find diverse opinions. However, my question, and unfortunately I didn't make it clear, is why is it taking so long to determine his status?

The reason I mentioned Tim being enrolled at PC and obviously wanting to play in the 2011 season, is that one would think the coach and principal would be all over the KHSAA to determine if this young man will be eligible.

I moreover realize that Tim being enrolled at PC doesn't have anything to do with his pending eligibility, and I'm sure that PC would want a speedy resolution to this situation.

Irrespective of whether he ruled eligible or ineligible, I wish Tim the very best going forward.

Maybe he has already been ruled eligable, the program on the hill is now so secretive it seems that no one knows whats going on. My father has been affiliated with the program since Johns Creek was inexsitence and he has no idea whats going on. Its an odd/great time to be a Hawks fan but no one knows whats going on besides players, Chapman, Lyons and Coach Rowe.
oldtimer3 Wrote:I think I said personally, not as a football guru or god. I'm glad that you like my childish bantering. But I am living beyond my high school glory days, ok.
The is an obvious mix-up in our leagues, ok.

Evidently not.

You better believe there's a mix-up in the league discussion! Not being sarcastic, just stating the facts!
I bet every dime I have this kid won't play for Pike Co. Central next season.
Ok first of all why is everybody worried about this tim smith guy. Oh and if he was senior last year, he shouldnt be able to play.
I wish we could talk Pike Central football, but that's never going to happen.
HawksRule Wrote:I wish we could talk Pike Central football, but that's never going to happen.

If ya'll would stop cheating we might be able to Wink

I keed, I keed!
Lets talk football; I bet they win somewhere between 4-7 games, then next season they all get taken away.
Real Badman Wrote:Lets talk football; I bet they win somewhere between 4-7 games, then next season they all get taken away.

If you're going to act like that why even post?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:If ya'll would stop cheating we might be able to Wink

I keed, I keed!

:yikes: Cheating?!? lol
hawkeye Wrote:I think with the two from valley Pike central will have a great chance of being a great team. jmo

Rumor has it former SV coach will not be at PC. Rumor is he will be at Sheldon Clark. Now if this is in fact true, PC will more than likely NOT be getting either.
This is what's floating around. Just what the rumor is.
HawksRule Wrote::yikes: Cheating?!? lol

Well that will be the perception when players from other counties just so happen to start moving in and all play football. What do you expect people to think?
long_time_pirate Wrote:Can't quote on the past but I can tell you from the ones I associate with - there are 5 seniors this year that will be 17 years old when they graduate. To me, that's young! One I know definatly just turned 17 about 7 days ago. Would you consider those young men "5th year seniors"???

No, I would not. I consider a 5th year senior a player who was listed on roster the previous year as a senior but then is declared another year. That IMO is the definition of a 5th year senior. My coment was directed as no matter what they say about Belfry, I am unaware of Belfry ever having a true 5th year senior. I mean has anybody ever had a true 5th year senior? Interesting question.
Real Badman Wrote:I bet every dime I have this kid won't play for Pike Co. Central next season.

:Thumbs:
With the introduction of Lawrence County to the distirct, they are no one to be over looked. Plenty of talent returning from a 6'5 lineman nominated to play in the U.S Army All American Bowl, to 5 or 6 skill players running under 4.6 40's. Should be a great match up for the hawks. Best of luck to both teams.
F.N.L. Wrote:Well that will be the perception when players from other counties just so happen to start moving in and all play football. What do you expect people to think?

Kids move schools all the time it's part of high school. I'm sure an academic team may get a new kid from a new school, but we don't make a deal about it. Everyone get's transfers year in and year out, but Pike Central is just under fire. The main reason for that is because Pike Central has found confidence, and an ability to win ball games.
F.N.L. Wrote:Rumor has it former SV coach will not be at PC. Rumor is he will be at Sheldon Clark. Now if this is in fact true, PC will more than likely NOT be getting either.

Yep it's looking like Norman more than likely wont be at PC this coming year. Appears he will be running the defense at Sheldon Clark. Only time will tell.
F.N.L. Wrote:Rumor has it former SV coach will not be at PC. Rumor is he will be at Sheldon Clark. Now if this is in fact true, PC will more than likely NOT be getting either.

wooderson Wrote:Yep it's looking like Norman more than likely wont be at PC this coming year. Appears he will be running the defense at Sheldon Clark. Only time will tell.

There does in fact seem to be a lot of speculation and rumors about where Coach Norman is going to be working. But, as was mentioned above, "Only time will tell."
Rumors can stop now Norman has been hired to teach and be the defensive coordinatorat Sheldon Clark. That is a fact.
Jed Clampett Wrote:Rumors can stop now Norman has been hired to teach and be the defensive coordinatorat Sheldon Clark. That is a fact.
If there was any chance of Smith getting to play this year, He will be at Sheldon Clark then.
All I can say is look at all these posts on here about Smith and now he's not even going to be in the Pike Central equation.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next