•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 21 Johnson Central 14
Westside Wrote:Congrats to Highlands on the victory. They were once again the better team. Championship programs win close games. That's why they have won so many state titles.

:Thumbs: and in this case, they found a way to win again
I'm glad I attended this game tonight as it was what I was hoping for.. A good hard hitting game where all the players tonight left it on the field. The past 2 weeks I have got to see the two of the best high school games I have saw in a awhile. Highlands came out tonight and looked to score quickly in which they did on the 1st drive. JC seemed to drive the ball well tonight and yes they did have a good game plan to keep the highlands Offense of the field. Jude played hard tonight and was getting hit hard every play with or without the ball. This was my first time watching Highlands play and I was impressed with them, The QB has one heck of an arm on him as we saw tonight as he would just air it out and let his WR's go get it, he also has good speed and can get down field. I thought JC was going to Tie the game up on that last drive of the game. Its crazy that some people would actually get on here and talk bad about the kid that didn't get the catch he had some big catches earlier in the game but I don't have a dog in that fight. All in All it was a game for an outsider to watch and enjoy without having any ties to either team, I will say this before I go, The Highlands fans I talked to tonight was some of the nicest people I have ever met.
I would have liked to see Johnson Central pull out the win but unfortunately they didn't. But based upon what I've heard and read, they played a great game.

I always like to see the Eastern Kentucky teams do well.

Congratulations to Highlands for the W.

Johnson Central has an excellent program and a great coach -- good luck in 2011.
I was there. JC was never in this game. Highlands shut down Jude and did not need to gamble with passes.
All I have to say is there are some adult posters on this thread from both schools that should be ashamed of themselves. I hope I don't know you. Lose with class; win with class. It was a dang high school football game that was played by a bunch of kids that played their hearts out. If that's not good enough for some of you, it's pathetic.
charlie22 Wrote:All I have to say is there are some adult posters on this thread from both schools that should be ashamed of themselves. I hope I don't know you. Lose with class; win with class. It was a dang high school football game that was played by a bunch of kids that played their hearts out. If that's not good enough for some of you, it's pathetic.

Charlie, I didn't expect anything less from you. I enjoy joking around with you on the unimportant things (admittedly sometimes silly) , but I have always found you to be nothing but pure class on the important ones. However, I must be very honest with you here, I am just as disappointed in one of your comrades, as I am impressed with you. He has left me very angry and surprised by his actions tonight. He knows full well who he is and he also knows my stated respect for you from one of our previous conversations through PMs..Just wanted you to know those feelings about yourself publicly because I now see that this real "pretender" probably would never have mentioned it to you. Guess you have to be careful about who you confide in. Lesson learned. Anyways, nice post Charlie.
CardinalAlum Wrote:I'm glad I attended this game tonight as it was what I was hoping for.. A good hard hitting game where all the players tonight left it on the field. The past 2 weeks I have got to see the two of the best high school games I have saw in a awhile. Highlands came out tonight and looked to score quickly in which they did on the 1st drive. JC seemed to drive the ball well tonight and yes they did have a good game plan to keep the highlands Offense of the field. Jude played hard tonight and was getting hit hard every play with or without the ball. This was my first time watching Highlands play and I was impressed with them, The QB has one heck of an arm on him as we saw tonight as he would just air it out and let his WR's go get it, he also has good speed and can get down field. I thought JC was going to Tie the game up on that last drive of the game. Its crazy that some people would actually get on here and talk bad about the kid that didn't get the catch he had some big catches earlier in the game but I don't have a dog in that fight. All in All it was a game for an outsider to watch and enjoy without having any ties to either team, I will say this before I go, The Highlands fans I talked to tonight was some of the nicest people I have ever met.
They all went to the game in person. The complete (#$%&*)'s stayed at home and made comments on the computer.
Great Game..JC had thier chances...But thats how football goes...Goodluck Highlands is the State Playoffs!
Serving Aces Wrote:I was there. JC was never in this game. Highlands shut down Jude and did not need to gamble with passes.

I disagree...Johnson Central gave Highlands all the wanted.. Great Game!
eaglefan98 Wrote:Central did not lose tonight because Highlands was the better team. They lost because of a lot of mistakes that were made. Sometimes it is not always better to keep your same game plan. It needs to be changed up so that the other team doesn't always know what you are going to do. They ran way too much time off the clock at the end and used their last time out at the wrong time. At least it wasn't a blow-out like alot of people thought. This is the closest we have come to beating Highlands. The Golden Eagles have nothing to hang their heads about, They did a great job and hung in there. Hopefully they will get another shot next year!

This poster didn't know any HHS supporter who predicted a blow out. JC has a good team. Central lost tonight because Highlands defense bent but didn't break, allowing only 7 points on defense to a Central team that had their way all season running up and down the field.

Matney did have good game plan (see Ryle vs Highlands game) but the key to the game IMO was their inability to convert on 4th down. The passing this year was much better than last year. The Parker kid (#3) presented matchup problems for Highlands especially since coach Mueller had his run DBs in the game. One of their best cover DBs (#7 Carter New) didn't see much playing time given JC's propensity to run.

What seemingly gets lost on this site sometimes is that Highlands supporters are arrogant. To the contrary, this HHS supporter (and most I know)appreciates excellence, perserverance, and great effort. In recent years JC has had all 3. Unfortunately for JC, HHS has too. Great job to JC on an excellent season and we hope to see you in Ft. Thomas next year.
horst muhlmann Wrote:This poster didn't know any HHS supporter who predicted a blow out. JC has a good team. Central lost tonight because Highlands defense bent but didn't break, allowing only 7 points on defense to a Central team that had their way all season running up and down the field.

Matney did have good game plan (see Ryle vs Highlands game) but the key to the game IMO was their inability to convert on 4th down. The passing this year was much better than last year. The Parker kid (#3) presented matchup problems for Highlands especially since coach Mueller had his run DBs in the game. One of their best cover DBs (#7 Carter New) didn't see much playing time given JC's propensity to run.

What seemingly gets lost on this site sometimes is that Highlands supporters are arrogant. To the contrary, this HHS supporter (and most I know)appreciates excellence, perserverance, and great effort. In recent years JC has had all 3. Unfortunately for JC, HHS has too. Great job to JC on an excellent season and we hope to see you in Ft. Thomas next year.

:Thumbs: Very good post
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If JC played a pro style or spread offense would this even be a ballgame lol. I think not. JC had the perfect gameplan tonight and just fell short. Instead of questioning their passing game applaud those kids for putting in the work they have and not letting HHS out without a fight.

Good luck with running a pro style offense. It's a style that is very hard for high school teams to learn, let alone execute. Is the QB Hall a senior? He throws a good ball and has 2 good weapons with the Parker kid (#3) who seems to be 6'4" or taller and #15 (sorry I don't know his name).

It helps having a 6'5" QB who can sling it 60 yards in the air. Towles' throw to Gold in the 2nd half while scrambling was an absolute laser.
NCC41 Wrote:Towles hit on some huge third down conversions.

He's a big time QB and one of the most pleasant 16 year olds you'll ever meet. Gold stepped up and made big catch after big catch. The 16 yd reception on 4th down in the 4th quarter was huge.
Despite how I feel about the coach, the program, and many of the posters from JC, I shouldn't express them on a public forum. I told myself I wasn't going to dish it out after the game, but I gave in. Sorry to all the JC faithful. In all seriousness, it was a great game and could very well have gone the other way. To all those I've offended, I'm sorry. And no, I'm not being sarcastic. Consider me a work in progress.:biggrin:
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Despite how I feel about the coach, the program, and many of the posters from JC, I shouldn't express them on a public forum. I told myself I wasn't going to dish it out after the game, but I gave in. Sorry to all the JC faithful. In all seriousness, it was a great game and could very well have gone the other way. To all those I've offended, I'm sorry. And no, I'm not being sarcastic. Consider me a work in progress.:biggrin:

Such a big thing from such a little man....:biggrin:

jk
I am from eastern Ky and was pulling for JC and I don't mean to offend JC fans because they have a good program, but to read some of the posts going into this game you would have thought JC had won around 20 state championships and not Highlands. It's good to have pride in your program, but it's also good to give the proper respect your opponent deserve. JC, you had a great year. Congrats to the Blue Birds.
Westside Wrote:I am from eastern Ky and was pulling for JC and I don't mean to offend JC fans because they have a good program, but to read some of the posts going into this game you would have thought JC had won around 20 state championships and not Highlands. It's good to have pride in your program, but it's also good to give the proper respect your opponent deserve. JC, you had a great year. Congrats to the Blue Birds.

Westie, never afraid to say it like it is :Thumbs:
Blau Vogel Wrote:http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...311190094/

http://www.kypost.com/dpp/sports/local_s...on-central
Classy post game comments from both coaches.
I have never been so proud of a group of young men. JC fought til the last second and I couldn't have ask for any more effort and heart. I woke up this morning with a smile because I'm proud to say I am a former Eagle. I love the way our whole community and some surrounding communities were behind our team. From watchin film on HHS they seemed to play alot better against us than they did against ryle (sp?) and Dixie Heights but that was expected. Congrats HHS on the win and congrats JC for one heck of a fight.
eaglefan98 Wrote:Central did not lose tonight because Highlands was the better team. They lost because of a lot of mistakes that were made. Sometimes it is not always better to keep your same game plan. It needs to be changed up so that the other team doesn't always know what you are going to do. They ran way too much time off the clock at the end and used their last time out at the wrong time. At least it wasn't a blow-out like alot of people thought. This is the closest we have come to beating Highlands. The Golden Eagles have nothing to hang their heads about, They did a great job and hung in there. Hopefully they will get another shot next year!

Highlands WAS the better team. They have a balanced offense both running and passing. Johnson Central, despite being a GREAT running team, was knipped in the butt at the end because of their lack of a passing game. When they weren't forced to throw, it was very effective against Highlands when they chose to do it. However when they were forced to throw at the end of the game, their passing woes showed.

Also, Highlands also made plenty of mistakes. That big TO at the beginning of the 2nd half was definitely one as they were starting to drive and it may (or may not) have resulted in a 14-point swing. Mueller was also making some very, very questionable playcalls for the Bluebirds as well. They were carving up the Johnson Central secondary when they chose to throw it but decided to continue to run. The point is, mistakes were made on both sides so don't throw that on up there as an excuse.

Highlands won because they are the more COMPLETE football team. Highlands was the better team and the better team won at the end of the night.

Congrats on a great season Johnson Central. I really believe that once you are able to develop a respectable passing game, the sky could be the limit for you and a state championship will be in your inevitable future.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Good point. I guess it was what it was. If JC scores at the end, I would have gone for 2 if I was coach Matney. No way Highlands stops them on the 2pt conversion.

No way Highlands stops them? Highlands contained Jude and the rushing attack from JC for most of the entire night. They were extremely capable of stopping them on the 2-point conversion if they had scored at the end of the game as the Highlands defense was stout all night.
horst muhlmann Wrote:Good luck with running a pro style offense. It's a style that is very hard for high school teams to learn, let alone execute. Is the QB Hall a senior? He throws a good ball and has 2 good weapons with the Parker kid (#3) who seems to be 6'4" or taller and #15 (sorry I don't know his name).

It helps having a 6'5" QB who can sling it 60 yards in the air. Towles' throw to Gold in the 2nd half while scrambling was an absolute laser.

15's name is Ross Sanor I believe. My point was that JC played their style of game they are not a passing team nor do they need to be one. If JC was a passing team this would be a blowout as highlands has superior athletes and depth. However JC out hit, and out toughed highlands to the point that the vastly superior talent of highlands was pushed to the edge. That is the glory of the power offense. Highlands defense played perfect, if they Hadn't we would be talking about Harlan County making the trip to Paintsville friday.
i dont know if its true or not but i herd that highlands starting QB got injured during this game can somone enlighten me on this subject its probably just a rumor but id like to know for sure.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:No way Highlands stops them? Highlands contained Jude and the rushing attack from JC for most of the entire night. They were extremely capable of stopping them on the 2-point conversion if they had scored at the end of the game as the Highlands defense was stout all night.

I was just letting them have the what if? I do think it would have been tough to stop the fullback up the middle on a 2pt. Did he get less than 2yards on any of his carries? Jude wasn't getting the ball on the 2pt play. It was coming up the middle with the fullback.
{hchsfan} Wrote:i dont know if its true or not but i herd that highlands starting QB got injured during this game can somone enlighten me on this subject its probably just a rumor but id like to know for sure.

He went out after the fumble that JC scored the TD on. He had his ankle retaped and was back out on the field. Don't worry, he'll make the trip and be just fine.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:15's name is Ross Sanor I believe. My point was that JC played their style of game they are not a passing team nor do they need to be one. If JC was a passing team this would be a blowout as highlands has superior athletes and depth. However JC out hit, and out toughed highlands to the point that the vastly superior talent of highlands was pushed to the edge. That is the glory of the power offense. Highlands defense played perfect, if they Hadn't we would be talking about Harlan County making the trip to Paintsville friday.

Johnson Central still wouldve had to go to Harlan County had they won.
2dog Wrote:Congrats to the Birds! Kept Judd under a 100yrds. on 28 carries. Not a good night for Mush Mouth football, opps! I mean smash mouth! It's that arrogance thing again. Just caint hep it!:biggrin:

Give credit where credit is due, the only smash mouth player on your team was towels and i saw him hump up 5 runs or more like grade school kids do. I think HHS is a great team and even better program but dont take nothin away from JC...they were the more smash mouth of the two teams. You guys were one dropped pass in the endzone from the loss, might wanna think your lucky stars because the kid who dropped that pass made 2 college caliber catches earlier in the game
Wideleft01 Wrote:I was just letting them have the what if? I do think it would have been tough to stop the fullback up the middle on a 2pt. Did he get less than 2yards on any of his carries? Jude wasn't getting the ball on the 2pt play. It was coming up the middle with the fullback.

And im gonna go ahead and say they werent stoppin the #42 train in those circumstances. Bratton is a man child. He could have got those 3 yds blind folded
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Despite how I feel about the coach, the program, and many of the posters from JC, I shouldn't express them on a public forum. I told myself I wasn't going to dish it out after the game, but I gave in. Sorry to all the JC faithful. In all seriousness, it was a great game and could very well have gone the other way. To all those I've offended, I'm sorry. And no, I'm not being sarcastic. Consider me a work in progress.:biggrin:

Every journey begins with a single step lol
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next