Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Co 2010
Generals2010 Wrote:1.) To live a better life than he was living with his family
2.)KHSAA and Bell
3.)Yes
4.)No, but uncle has guardianship, I believe(?)

Well if all that is true then:

since the Jackson coach is from Bell, why would Bell restrict the kid from doing better. Is dudley and Jackson coach not on good terms?
Generals2010 Wrote:1.) To live a better life than he was living with his family
2.)KHSAA and Bell
3.)Yes
4.)No, but uncle has guardianship, I believe(?)

1 What about the 2 kids
2 KHSAA Bell has nothing to do with it.
3 Is correct
4 Gaurdianship has nothing to do with a legal change of residence. Ask the kid from Danville who transferred to Boyle. He went to live with his father.
Amped 88 Wrote:1 What about the 2 kids
2 KHSAA Bell has nothing to do with it.
3 Is correct
4 Gaurdianship has nothing to do with a legal change of residence. Ask the kid from Danville who transferred to Boyle. He went to live with his father.

Thats fine and dandy for the kid from Danville. But I am just saying it just sounds like to me that the situation is probably different. I don't know the kid from Danvilles situation but his situation is pretty rough.
former Wrote:Well if all that is true then:

since the Jackson coach is from Bell, why would Bell restrict the kid from doing better. Is dudley and Jackson coach not on good terms?

You can't just release kids. Once they have played varsity sports you have to check that they have. Then the KHSAA looks into to see if the kid made a legal change of addresses when the parents stay in one place and the kid moves to another then a red flag is thrown. Read Bylaw rule 6 part C. The KHSAA does not recognize gardians or change of custody.
Still seems crazy to leave a potential state title team.
former Wrote:Still seems crazy to leave a potential state title team.

Thanks AMPEd. Yes it may seem crazy but if you knew the situation the kid was in and his home life it would be more understandable.
former Wrote:Still seems crazy to leave a potential state title team.

His uncle is the head coach at Jackson.
AnswertheBell Wrote:His uncle is the head coach at Jackson.

He wont win a state title at Jackson like he may at Bell. Was he a good player? Did he START for Bell?
I have some friends that play at Jackson. i would like to see them have a good year
Amped, wouldn't you agree though that life is not just about football? This is not just for him to play football for a team that may never win state, he probably won't get recognized as a great player playing for a team that no one knows about, unlike at Bell he would more attention. Its not about any of that. Its about creating a quality of life that he would not have gotten by staying in Bell. He is not being forced by anyone to be in JC, he likes where he is at. He considers JC to be home now.
Boys lets get something crystal clear here. KHSAA is the sole deciding factor. The former school simply fills out the form and can't release or restrict a player one way or other!!!!!

THAT is up to KHSAA only!

I don't think Carter started for Bell but has a ton of potential and seems to be a good kid. I wish him the best of luck but I would say he will sit out a year. Mr. Tackett who is the new commish of the KHSAA has said the days of transfers for any reason is over?
Pretty sad how the Khsaa can pin point cases here in the mountains and can't seem to put a finger on the ones that are in their backyard.:argue:
attacktheV Wrote:Pretty sad how the Khsaa can pin point cases here in the mountains and can't seem to put a finger on the ones that are in their backyard.:argue:

I hate to admit it but for once I agree with you. Let kids transfer from public to private is of no concern in Lex. Let the rich private schools do as they wish.