Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2010
anybody heard why blake newsome quit? he loved football
cuppett777 Wrote:anybody heard why blake newsome quit? he loved football
blake is one of two soph. studs who didnt show, the dotson kid that played o-line didnt come out, both are outstanding players, sometimes you just get burnt out, they start so young now, but i cant speak for them they still have a long time at bhs
MADJACK75 Wrote:blake is one of two soph. studs who didnt show, the dotson kid that played o-line didnt come out, both are outstanding players, sometimes you just get burnt out, they start so young now, but i cant speak for them they still have a long time at bhs

The Dotson kid on the o-line suffered some sort of a broken back in the offseason.
MADJACK75 Wrote:blake is one of two soph. studs who didnt show, the dotson kid that played o-line didnt come out, both are outstanding players, sometimes you just get burnt out, they start so young now, but i cant speak for them they still have a long time at bhs

i know blake i was his step dad until 2yrs ago,that just blows my mind,he wanted to play football more than anything..
Heres something, this years seniors are the last that played in the old belfry feeder system, the juniors were the first bms 6th grade team. Do you think the middle school has changed bhs number of players
How many are out? What are the early reports from practice? The guys just running and stuff or what?
The early reports are VERY good.

If you wanna catch the skill guys, head out to Hazard tomorrow. Belfry will be playing 7v7. It shocks me, but they will be out there Friday Night (I assume 7PM, notsure)
Good to hear. Is the Willis kid playing? He was expected to contribute last year before getting injured wasn't he?
I can't wait until August 20th!!! Let the season begin!!!
PaytoPlay Wrote:Good to hear. Is the Willis kid playing? He was expected to contribute last year before getting injured wasn't he?

Trey is playing. Hearing he looks pretty good.

Sorry that I answer every question before everyone else, haha.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Trey is playing. Hearing he looks pretty good.

Sorry that I answer every question before everyone else, haha.

Hey, that's not all bad, that's good!
The Contrarian Wrote:Hey, that's not all bad, that's good!

Haha, I'm a senior at BHS and have ALOT of close friends on the team, so I talk about it daily cause I'm so pumped for the season.
Who will be the starters in the offensive backfield and what grade will they be in ?
Call Coach... I'm sure he will give ya all the info... Smile
J/K.... the kids are working hard... and I mean HARD to be what is expected of them this season.... There are several different options floating around on the field this year and my guess is that some will be suprised at who is on the field!! Believe it or not, there is a LOT of talent on this team....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:Call Coach... I'm sure he will give ya all the info... Smile
J/K.... the kids are working hard... and I mean HARD to be what is expected of them this season.... There are several different options floating around on the field this year and my guess is that some will be suprised at who is on the field!! Believe it or not, there is a LOT of talent on this team....

There is ALOT. I can think of 6 or 7 options for the backfield. Hey how's that #22, the junior, doing? Hopefully he ain't got his eyes set on next March with the ball & bat.
Anyone get out to watch the 7 on 7 over at Hazard last night? Detailed updates would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
PaytoPlay Wrote:Anyone get out to watch the 7 on 7 over at Hazard last night? Detailed updates would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

All I got is what my wahoo told me.... I will get with another parent (who has football knowledge and not just a spectator) and get some specifics.... He went and watched.... Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Belfry will not be as good as past teams,but will improve each game.
phs1986 Wrote:Call Coach... I'm sure he will give ya all the info... Smile

Talent is definitely there...experience and physical maturation is not there just yet. Come October or November who knows though Wink
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Talent is definitely there...experience and physical maturation is not there just yet. Come October or November who knows though Wink

Gonna be a surprising bunch of kids.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Gonna be a surprising bunch of kids.

Buy the middle of the season this will be a very good team Belfry does this every year they get much better as they go but with this schadule they will be right when it counts GO GETTEM PIRATES. TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
So how is things up Pond Creek looking for this season
not heard anything in couple days, hows it going?
Rumors swirling from what I hear that the frosh QB - Warren, might actually win the starting QB job.

If so, I think its GREAT news! Because I was high on Williams! I also think Williams is a nice sized kid with some athleticism that could translate elsewhere (Fl, or TE).

I honestly do not have an agenda, but this is starting to pick up momentum from what I've been hearing.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Rumors swirling from what I hear that the frosh QB - Warren, might actually win the starting QB job.

If so, I think its GREAT news! Because I was high on Williams! I also think Williams is a nice sized kid with some athleticism that could translate elsewhere (Fl, or TE).

I honestly do not have an agenda, but this is starting to pick up momentum from what I've been hearing.

i have heard that, i guess we will see soon enough, anything else, hows the backs, ol and dl looking?
Haven't heard anything man. I am at a distance from the program just like you.

I hope Mahon is as good as advertised and can add some real punch on the LOS. I honestly felt pretty optimistic about the backfield even prior to this offseason. I had anticipated a backfield of:

FB - Runyon (Jr.)
RB - Carroll (Sr.) --- moved back for a bit of inside running
RB - Willis (Jr.) back from injury and hopefully the speed RB to replace T. Varney

It was my impression (perhaps wrong) that the coaches saw a lot out of Willis last summer (thus the discussion of actually moving T. Varney to QB) but of course he was injured. I have never actually seen the kid play, so I can't speak to his talent.

I have been informed there are a couple other talented RB type athletes who may vie for some time in the backfield. Given that, it seems like there is some good skill athletes to work with. I just hope someone can be a big play guy. I think Carroll could be an excellent power runner out of the bone.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Haven't heard anything man. I am at a distance from the program just like you.

I hope Mahon is as good as advertised and can add some real punch on the LOS. I honestly felt pretty optimistic about the backfield even prior to this offseason. I had anticipated a backfield of:

FB - Runyon (Jr.)
RB - Carroll (Sr.) --- moved back for a bit of inside running
RB - Willis (Jr.) back from injury and hopefully the speed RB to replace T. Varney

It was my impression (perhaps wrong) that the coaches saw a lot out of Willis last summer (thus the discussion of actually moving T. Varney to QB) but of course he was injured. I have never actually seen the kid play, so I can't speak to his talent.

I have been informed there are a couple other talented RB type athletes who may vie for some time in the backfield. Given that, it seems like there is some good skill athletes to work with. I just hope someone can be a big play guy. I think Carroll could be an excellent power runner out of the bone.

i have seen them all play, the willis kid going to be good my ex step son played with them boys...
Got some bad news, from what I've seen at practice, Trey is really favoring that knee. Doesn't look good, but I hope.

Nathan Carroll however looked great.

Heading over tomorrow for some full contact practice!
Something that's missing in this thread is the stregnth and heart of that O-line! Those guys are so under-estimated yet they ALWAYS come through! They have such heart and are pure brutes! None are HUGE, yet play like GIANTS! Garett Francis and Cameron Tackett have both had much experience on that line and play with much enthusiasm! This year there will be more positions to fill; however, those two are leaders and will continue the tradition and passion that the line must have to be successful! Coach Tackett has them working like mules! I see Preston Youngh being more aggressive this yr. He is also a senior and had lots of experience on the line! Good luck this yr Belfry! I'll be in there with bells on!
OOPS Preston's last name is Young*