Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Central 78 Breathitt Co 75
Aslan makes a good point.Taking Stamper & Cox out is like taking Amis & Noble out at PCC.These players make alot happen for their respective teams.The semi-finals and final atmosphere at Breathitt will be great.
zonebuster Wrote:Imo it was a very physical game.Gotta give the Bobcats credit,they fought and fought.But it was never in doubt that KCC would win,experienced guardplay helped KCC.KCC controlled that game and will Monday also,just my opinion.I know Big Al will have the Bulldogs ready but KCC has handled them well each time they have played.Stamper will be ready to play and as a PCC or Hazard fan,you hope he's okay.Glad to see some classy Hazard and PCC fans that hope he's ready to play Monday and Tuesday.
I'll have to kindly disagree with the bolded.:please: There was by means plenty of doubt who would win this game. It was a 3 point win and Breathitt had a shot at sending it into overtime as time ran out. I'm sure it got a little too close for comfort for KCC's fans.
To further my previous comment about Zack Davis- nope, I'm certainly no KCC fan. ON THIS TEAM Davis is the ONLY interior presence. Take him out and this team can't rebound at all and cant play any interior D.

Cox is a better player, but he is not a great rebounder and can't play interior D. And imo, no other KCC player is a passable rebounder or interior defender. So what I think is that Davis is necessary for those things, Stewie is indispensable for scoring. Cox....well, I've saw other KCC point guards that did pretty well.

Take Stewie out of the line up and Cox can almost replace him, but Stamper is a more prolific scorer. Neither of them can replace David, imo.

Cox is the smarter player on the team, maybe the best all around player, but not the best scorer or post player. Maybe KCC couldn't win without him, but I doubt they could win without Davis either.
After all is said and done Doug Noble is the worse coach that has ever been at Breathitt. 2- years as head coach and not even a district title, and out the 1st round of the region. Noble has put the program back 20 years I am just glad that Jade is done with Doug Noble.
bobcatbball Wrote:After all is said and done Doug Noble is the worse coach that has ever been at Breathitt. 2- years as head coach and not even a district title, and out the 1st round of the region. Noble has put the program back 20 years I am just glad that Jade is done with Doug Noble.

I do agree that Jade should start but Coach Noble setting the program back 20 years? That's a HUGE stretch.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I'll have to kindly disagree with the bolded.:please: There was by means plenty of doubt who would win this game. It was a 3 point win and Breathitt had a shot at sending it into overtime as time ran out. I'm sure it got a little too close for comfort for KCC's fans.

Me too, it was a close game the whole way and we didn't know who was gonna win until the buzzer went off and the game ended.
The game was too close for comfort,but it just seemed that KCC had an answer each time Breathitt made a run.I'll say this, with the talent i've seen at SMS,Breahtitt's future looks bright.Breathitt had a dangerous team but some of the plays they ran,imo,was in the wrong hands at critical points of the game.I should have clarified that.Don't get me wrong,when I saw the last shot go up,I wondered too.Great game from both ball clubs.
bobcatbball Wrote:After all is said and done Doug Noble is the worse coach that has ever been at Breathitt. 2- years as head coach and not even a district title, and out the 1st round of the region. Noble has put the program back 20 years I am just glad that Jade is done with Doug Noble.

I say Breathitt is glayed to see him gone too:Thumbs:
zonebuster Wrote:The game was too close for comfort,but it just seemed that KCC had an answer each time Breathitt made a run.I'll say this, with the talent i've seen at SMS,Breahtitt's future looks bright.Breathitt had a dangerous team but some of the plays they ran,imo,was in the wrong hands at critical points of the game.I should have clarified that.Don't get me wrong,when I saw the last shot go up,I wondered too.Great game from both ball clubs.

yes have to agree with you I saw SMS play in Lexington this year and I think they have a bright future too. The Noble kid is good inside and can handle the ball too. Plus his shooting is very good 2 or 3 points. Saw only one game I think it was the second one they played the Hensley boy did good and won the game great playing with the whole team. Their isn't I in team and people need to get that it takes a whole team to win.
Knott fans can say what they want about the game not being at risk. KCC blew a double digit lead and played scared to death in the final minute of the game. This is the very reason that I expect PCC to win the region.
the game is over kcc moves on don't mean jack how they played last nite monday is a new day i don't care if they won by a 1/2 a pt it's still a w. why does uk have such a hard time on the road? and it was a bchs home game and thier biggest of the yr, monday it will be just a neutral floor big diff.
Ballers Wrote:Hate to break your hopes and dreams up, but that's not gonna happen.

haha KCC is notorious for choking to hazard and Perry in big games so don't get your hopes up too bad :flame:
ballplayer Wrote:yes have to agree with you I saw SMS play in Lexington this year and I think they have a bright future too. The Noble kid is good inside and can handle the ball too. Plus his shooting is very good 2 or 3 points. Saw only one game I think it was the second one they played the Hensley boy did good and won the game great playing with the whole team. Their isn't I in team and people need to get that it takes a whole team to win.
But isn't the Noble boy the son of Doug? And the Hensley boy and his dad are Doug's best friend. Correct me if I'm wrong about that because I'm not sure if it's the same kids that went to Owsley County and played for the junior high there when they were 7th graders. If it's the same Noble and Hensley that were at Owsley then I knew back then when I saw them play that they were going to be very good.
My question is, if these are the same two boys, what will happen if Breathitt fires Doug as the head coach, like some on here seem to think is going to happen? Will he take his kids somewhere else? Or will he accept his dismissal and let them stay at Breathitt?
Overrated Wrote:I don't think KCC will have as much trouble with Hazard as they had tonight with Breathitt.
KCC has beat Breathitt 3 times this year
I thought this game was poorly officiated... the refs knew what gym they were in, that's for sure. Stuart proved tonight that he is hands down the best scorer in the 14th.

I swear, Tate was better in 8th grade, but I guess that's cuz teams were focused on Clark Stepp jacking it up every time he got the ball. He was hitting tonight though, and has seemed to get out of his slump. He's the best point guard I've ever seen in the 14th. He hits the big shots and passes so well.

I'm glad Davis has expanded his game to the inside. Grade school he was a great guard, he'll probably playing a point-forward sort of role next year. He pretty much had his way down there last night when it comes to second chance points. Roberts made a good showing as well. Slone played below his capabilities, as did Bartrum.

Ratliff was terrible last night, end of story. jitters? who knows. he can do better.

Defense was lacking both ways. #22 and #15 on Breathitt scored at will it seemed. Ritchie as well, except for the one he REALLY needed to make Big Grin

was a **** of a game. glad I made the drive
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:But isn't the Noble boy the son of Doug? And the Hensley boy and his dad are Doug's best friend. Correct me if I'm wrong about that because I'm not sure if it's the same kids that went to Owsley County and played for the junior high there when they were 7th graders. If it's the same Noble and Hensley that were at Owsley then I knew back then when I saw them play that they were going to be very good.
My question is, if these are the same two boys, what will happen if Breathitt fires Doug as the head coach, like some on here seem to think is going to happen? Will he take his kids somewhere else? Or will he accept his dismissal and let them stay at Breathitt?

I think they are the same boys . Don't know what they will do I guess we all will have to wait and see what goes down:blabbermo
the 1 the only Wrote:haha KCC is notorious for choking to hazard and Perry in big games so don't get your hopes up too bad :flame:

This is true.
Tenacious Z Wrote:I thought this game was poorly officiated... the refs knew what gym they were in, that's for sure. Stuart proved tonight that he is hands down the best scorer in the 14th.

I swear, Tate was better in 8th grade, but I guess that's cuz teams were focused on Clark Stepp jacking it up every time he got the ball. He was hitting tonight though, and has seemed to get out of his slump. He's the best point guard I've ever seen in the 14th. He hits the big shots and passes so well.

I'm glad Davis has expanded his game to the inside. Grade school he was a great guard, he'll probably playing a point-forward sort of role next year. He pretty much had his way down there last night when it comes to second chance points. Roberts made a good showing as well. Slone played below his capabilities, as did Bartrum.

Ratliff was terrible last night, end of story. jitters? who knows. he can do better.

Defense was lacking both ways. #22 and #15 on Breathitt scored at will it seemed. Ritchie as well, except for the one he REALLY needed to make Big Grin

was a **** of a game. glad I made the drive

First person I've seen to complain about the officiating.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:But isn't the Noble boy the son of Doug? And the Hensley boy and his dad are Doug's best friend. Correct me if I'm wrong about that because I'm not sure if it's the same kids that went to Owsley County and played for the junior high there when they were 7th graders. If it's the same Noble and Hensley that were at Owsley then I knew back then when I saw them play that they were going to be very good.

I think they are the same boys. Don't know what they will do I guess we all will have to wait and see what goes down:blabbermo
Aslan Wrote:First person I've seen to complain about the officiating.

I know what I saw.. few bad calls both ways.. it seemed to mostly favor Breathitt though. Maybe it's just as a Knott fan, when I see contact, I want free throws, but some of them were blatant.

The Stamper walk near the end of the 4th was pitiful. He was dribbling and they called it lol.

Hey why didn't you bash Steve Banks 2 yrs. ago when he started playing Josh Fletcher and 8th grader over Jade. He bench Jade at the Lee Co. game and Josh started playing in front of him then. Let's get it stright before we start blaming one coach when it really started with another.
Tenacious Z Wrote:I know what I saw.. few bad calls both ways.. it seemed to mostly favor Breathitt though. Maybe it's just as a Knott fan, when I see contact, I want free throws, but some of them were blatant.

The Stamper walk near the end of the 4th was pitiful. He was dribbling and they called it lol.

Makeup call Cox double dribble right before that but it wasn't call. Overall it was a fair called game in my opinion. In the 15th region they the Ref's let you play a little ruffer so all teams will have to adjust.
foreverUK Wrote:Hey why didn't you bash Steve Banks 2 yrs. ago when he started playing Josh Fletcher and 8th grader over Jade. He bench Jade at the Lee Co. game and Josh started playing in front of him then. Let's get it stright before we start blaming one coach when it really started with another.

Hey, I've stated about Noble going to LCC and I still believe that if LCC's Coach leave. But this is also a rumor here in Bobcat Land is that word has it the the Leslie Co. Coach may be leaving and if so then Noble could end up there. But again that is a rumor but came from a good source close to the family.

Listen, Doug Noble hasn't set the program back twenty years. Doug Noble had a twenty win season with some impressive victories this year. I will say I am dissapointed that we havent won a district title in two years but If any coach has come close to setting the program back twenty years it would have to be Steve Banks and the rumor is he could be back next year. This is a perfect example of why politics will always be the down fall of basketball in Breathitt County.
Congrats KCC
I don't think you could bring back Aldoph Rupp or John Wooden in their prime as coach at Breathitt County and satisfy the fans/administrators there.
In HS sports its impossible to "set the program back 20 years" there's no way. The pipeline is established you dont have to recruit your players so its easy to improve one year to the next with a new crop of players. The hate for Doug is misplaced, he did no worse than any other coach Breathitt has had in recent years. The talent is there, but the focus on winning basketball games really isnt. Football carries much more weight in the minds of bobcat fans, players, and administration, and the results show it. I think Doug has done a good job, maybe not great, but good. I dont understand the desire to constantly change coaches at Breathitt. One thing that CAN set the program back is a revolving door with the coaching staff. A philosophy must be implemented and let be, these kids cannot learn a new system and be completely proficient at it in one season. (KCC did but thats a unique situation) The school needs to pick a guy and stick with him. There should be a concentration to teach the fundamentals of the HS game plan at the middle school level to get the kids feet wet to lessen the adjustment period.

My point is its not going to fix it all to fire Doug and hire someone else, then when they dont "produce" fire them and hire another. Its sad really. Btw no hate towards football its simply fact that its become "the" sport at Breathitt and rightfully so.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I don't think you could bring back Aldoph Rupp or John Wooden in their prime as coach at Breathitt County and satisfy the fans/administrators there.

:Thumbs:
Cat Daddy Wrote:Listen, Doug Noble hasn't set the program back twenty years. Doug Noble had a twenty win season with some impressive victories this year. I will say I am dissapointed that we havent won a district title in two years but If any coach has come close to setting the program back twenty years it would have to be Steve Banks and the rumor is he could be back next year. This is a perfect example of why politics will always be the down fall of basketball in Breathitt County.

Steve Banks did win the district title both years he coached and went 25-4 and semi-finals of the region, Banks did not set the program back. You must face the facts your boy Doug is the worst coach in the history of sports, we all know he is the one that set the program back. Also your boy Noble did not win 20-games this year he only won 19-11 get the facts. Also me and several others do hope that Banks does come back to coaching, even if Jade is gone.:Thumbs:
the 1 the only Wrote:haha KCC is notorious for choking to hazard and Perry in big games so don't get your hopes up too bad :flame:

This coming from a guy with a pic of Ric Flair.:Thumbs: