Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best 3A Team in EKY
TheBeast1 Wrote:This Year Belfry Isnt ganna be good. everyone thinks that because of there past..there not running the ball anynore they are running spread with there fastest player as qb. Thats a joke. and sheldon clark is nobody. I think People will be suprised about Pike Central.

1) Brethit 2) Pike Central( Watch) 3) SHeldon Clark( Maybe) 4 Belfry..

East ridge ha.. they got beat by central...bad...

You put Pike Central ahead of Belfry and Sheldon Clark?
TheBeast1 Wrote:This Year Belfry Isnt ganna be good. everyone thinks that because of there past..there not running the ball anynore they are running spread with there fastest player as qb. Thats a joke. and sheldon clark is nobody. I think People will be suprised about Pike Central.

soo your saying that pike central is better than sc and belfry and both teams beat them by as many as the coaches want year in and year out please let us all in on what has changed besides a coaching change?? altho this will help some will it be a 50 point swing or really more than that beause they would have to score more to beat these two teams! seriouly fill me in!

This reminds me of an oldsaying that goes:

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.......... it's just some should never say what their opinion is".
some people and there lack of football knowledge
SC is very good this year. On D there is no one that benches less than 275. and the slowist one might run a 5.2.
Central breathitt county
belfry
mason county
sheldon clark
russell
pike county central is very well lible to be the best team in eky this year, with coach chapman coming in n a great coaching staff behind him they look to be the x factor of the season, they are loaded at the skill position with plenty of speed n a strong aaron mguire looking to lead the hawks very very deep into the playoffs this season, i go as far as a undefeated seaon beating belfry and sheldone clark along there way, they also have the smith kid, a 6'4 250 pound bruiser who looks to be one of the most dominating deffensive players in the state of ky this year
Im suprised that people are saying that Pike Central will be good. Coach Chapman is a great coach but not even he will be able to turn the program which in its histroy hasnt been that great around. Pike Central will be good, but not this year. Chapman will have them competeing but not on the same level that Breathitt, Belfry and Sheldon Clark will be on this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
C.Clair Wrote:Im suprised that people are saying that Pike Central will be good. Coach Chapman is a great coach but not even he will be able to turn the program which in its histroy hasnt been that great around. Pike Central will be good, but not this year. Chapman will have them competeing but not on the same level that Breathitt, Belfry and Sheldon Clark will be on this year.

You have to consider where those people are from that believe Central will be so good Wink
Thats true EKU, my bad lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Belfry and Breathitt should both be tough this year.
devil 10 Wrote:pike central shouldnt even been in the top 15
Russell beat them 42-14 on a down year for the devils.....:dontthink

I went back in some OLD post to see who is eating crow......Here is one.
These are my top three in no specific order: Breathitt Co, Belfry, Sheldon Clark.
Pike Central of course. Belfry is a close second.
I'm kind of bias little bit I think that Breathitt is on top, closely follow by Sheldon Clark, then I think that Belfry is not far behind,Somerset,then Pike central.
AandB Wrote:Pike Central of course. Belfry is a close second.

You do realize SC beat Belfry right?
I would think Somerset should be a little higher on most of your list. Somerset and Sheldon Clark are the only ones left.
I think the refs should be #1 since they made alot of big plays.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:I think the refs should be #1 since they made alot of big plays.
WOW!!!! Flashman said he hoped that Somerset would lose with class. I guess that doesn't go both ways.
No it does not.He can speak for himself and I can speak for me.Do the refs know what a hold is?Just wondering because they kept missing them ALL night.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:No it does not.He can speak for himself and I can speak for me.Do the refs know what a hold is?Just wondering because they kept missing them ALL night.

Breathitt was just as guilty of holding as Somerset. Honestly, most good offensive lineman hold within their "fit" when blocking. If it stays between the shoulders its rarely called. The Bobcats are well coached and blocked the same way--the Briar Jumpers just found a way to make more stops.
There is a few 3A school that is playing up in class. I heard that one of them is going to drop to 3A next year. If one team down to 3A, there will be no hope for anyone else in 3A, that team kill in 5A.
It is to early in 3A to tell what team is the best in 3A. Since they went to 6 classes. The same team havn't made it to the title game from EKY.
So i am going to put it this way. 1. Belfry, 2. Breathitt Co. 3. Sheldon Clark, 4. Somerset. These is the top 4 3A teams in EKY.
Belfry over SC and Breathitt over Somerset? You do realize SC beat Belfry and Somerset beat Breathitt.
cj2561 Wrote:There is a few 3A school that is playing up in class. I heard that one of them is going to drop to 3A next year. If one team down to 3A, there will be no hope for anyone else in 3A, that team kill in 5A.
It is to early in 3A to tell what team is the best in 3A. Since they went to 6 classes. The same team havn't made it to the title game from EKY.
So i am going to put it this way. 1. Belfry, 2. Breathitt Co. 3. Sheldon Clark, 4. Somerset. These is the top 4 3A teams in EKY.
If you're talking about highlands they are not droping to 3a if they drop it will be 4a.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:If you're talking about highlands they are not droping to 3a if they drop it will be 4a.

I heard that Boyle Co. is going to drop to 3A.
Highland wont drop.
RoShamBo Wrote:Belfry over SC and Breathitt over Somerset? You do realize SC beat Belfry and Somerset beat Breathitt.

SC beat Belfry in the playoffs one time in 3 years. Somerset beat Breathitt one time in 3 years. Belfry and Breathitt 1 to 1 again each other.
cj2561 Wrote:I heard that Boyle Co. is going to drop to 3A.
Highland wont drop.
no boyle has 4a male student numbers they will not be 3a either. Also no one is moving anywhere next season because the realignment doesn't happen until the 2011 season.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Breathitt was just as guilty of holding as Somerset. Honestly, most good offensive lineman hold within their "fit" when blocking. If it stays between the shoulders its rarely called. The Bobcats are well coached and blocked the same way--the Briar Jumpers just found a way to make more stops.
Very true...I played offensive guard for a couple years and Norm is absolutely right. Look when you play on the road there is always going to be a disadvantage for the visiting team. Let's just show some class and give Somerset their just dues....but the previous poster is right...one can only speak for their self and only encourage others to do the right thing.

When you play an away game you have to be ready to beat a team convincingly. Breathitt was not able to do that. If there is a problem with the refs then send a video of the discrepancy to the state athletic commission. Isn't that all that one can do? I would like to somehow see instant replay and challenges in high school football and that will happen someday. We should not try to take anything away from this Somerset victory. They won...they deserve a big congratulations...wish you guys the best Briar Jumpers.

Someday we will play again. Until then take the best of care Briar Jumpers and continue to make your hometown proud. Looks like the Somerset fans are getting a taste of what us Breathitt fans have known about for 15 years now and that is a good thing. Best of luck guys. :Thumbs:

Somerset is a very classy group of fans with a great football team. You deserve this Somerset. :1:
Hey Briar Jumper Dad give all those guys a big pat on the back from the Flashman if you can. Amazing display of offensive firepower. Hopefully we can meet someday and I'll buy you dinner. :Thumbs:

Some have said all season that Breathitt is hurting from losing Chapman as defensive coordinator. It appears there might be some truth to that. If Breathitt fans want to blame anyone we need to look within first.

Does Breathitt need a different defensive coordinator next season? Maybe so because that Breathitt D had some awesome players on it, but their defensive schemes just did not work. Why couldn't a Bobcat D with guys like Fugate, Haddix and other good solid defensive players not even slow down this Somerset team for even one series?

I'm sure that Holcomb will make any necessary adjustments. We have a lot of talented young guys at BCHS so the Bobcats have a bright future ahead of them.

Great job Bobcats. Some of the young guys like Shouse really stepped it up all season. I'm still just as proud of you guys as ever and I know we have a lot of big victories ahead of us. For seniors like Haddix...I hope you guys play some good college football where ever you may go and I know you guys are going to do great things in your adult lives. We can't win them all and let's be happy for Somerset's success this season. We want them to be happy for us when we take back the regional championship the next year or two don't we? :Thumbs:
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:no boyle has 4a male student numbers they will not be 3a either. Also no one is moving anywhere next season because the realignment doesn't happen until the 2011 season.

No they not. Before to chage it to 6 classes. Boyle Co. was a 2A school, that was playing in 3A. Now that they did move everthing around. Boyle Co. is a 3A school.
When i go down there this week. I will get my cousin year book out and look. I either do that or hunt a few hours until the food get done.