Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Channing Fugate or Miles Simpson?
kywldcat01 Wrote:I live in the nky area so I haven't had the chance to see the Fugate kid, but I have seen Simpson and I can tell you first hand he is the real deal and will end up being one of the best backs to come out of nky EVER. That says a lot considering some of the talent that has come through here.

For the FEW who are looking at Miles as being "small" at 6'2 195, you obviously haven't seen the kid play or seen him in person. He is a load and can run by you or run you over. He has both speed and power and his playmaking ability when catching the ball out of the backfield is matched by very few around the state.

Both are fine players which is obvious by the amount of offers they have, but let's not let our bias get in the way of making educated posts. This doesn't apply to everyone, but there are several posters and posts on here that made me think "wow." If you haven't seen the KID first hand, why make comments about them or their team? Total disrespect IMO. Let's remember these are high school KIDS!

With that said, good luck to both players and I hope that they both succeed and achieve all of their personal and team goals this coming season.
his ability may be matched by few in the state but channing has matched everything he has done. wait let me restate that channing fugate has exceded everything he has done and will continue 2 do the same in his senior season. but best of luck to probably the best 2 high school players in the state on their senior year and college career where ever they go.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:the funny thing on here is that everyone was saying that central would overwhelm breathitt. they beat breathitt but they didn't overwhelm breathitt channing fugate still rushed for 160 sum odd yards and 2 td's

40-19 is overwhelming. Fugate rushed for 133 on 18 carries and had 1 TD. He did have 39 receiving yards , but if you take away his 4th Quarter stats when the game was already determined you would deduct 52 yards and his only TD.

For all intensive purposes Fugate was showed up by Central's Chance Hughes who had 21 carries for 169 yards and 2 TD's.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:the funny thing on here is that everyone was saying that central would overwhelm breathitt. they beat breathitt but they didn't overwhelm breathitt channing fugate still rushed for 160 sum odd yards and 2 td's

Actually according to the KHSAA stats he had 18 carries for 133 yards and 1 TD with one break away for 63 yards for a 7.4 YPC average.

Jade Haddix had 13 carries for 113 yards and 1 TD with a break away for 64 yards with a 8.7 YPC average.
Midee1 Wrote:Actually according to the KHSAA stats he had 18 carries for 133 yards and 1 TD with one break away for 63 yards for a 7.4 YPC average.

Jade Haddix had 13 carries for 113 yards and 1 TD with a break away for 64 yards with a 8.7 YPC average.
what im saying is that everyone on here said channing would be completely shut out by central but still had a good game. and now your gonna say because of the score he dont get the 4th quarter stats. and because one run was 63 yards he dont get those stats either. sounds pretty messed up 2 me
bobcatlunatik Wrote:what im saying is that everyone on here said channing would be completely shut out by central but still had a good game. and now your gonna say because of the score he dont get the 4th quarter stats. and because one run was 63 yards he dont get those stats either. sounds pretty messed up 2 me

You may want to take a second and read my post. All I did was put out the stats from the game and you are trying to call me out.

I never said a word about him getting shut out nor did I say a word about his stats. Just put facts out there for everyone to see.
These types of comparison threads almost never turn out good. Both of these young men are outstanding football players and they'll have there education paid for and that's all that matters. Best of luck to these young athletes this upcoming season.
Don Carlo Wrote:These types of comparison threads almost never turn out good. Both of these young men are outstanding football players and they'll have there education paid for and that's all that matters. Best of luck to these young athletes this upcoming season.

Good post, very true
Midee1 Wrote:You may want to take a second and read my post. All I did was put out the stats from the game and you are trying to call me out.

I never said a word about him getting shut out nor did I say a word about his stats. Just put facts out there for everyone to see.

Yards are yards.Be it a 100 yard run and ending up with 2 carries for 103 or 103 carries for 1 yard.:flush:
BOBCAT Wrote:Yards are yards.Be it a 100 yard run and ending up with 2 carries for 103 or 103 carries for 1 yard.:flush:

I agree. As i stated before all I did was post the facts for everyone to see. I don't understand why some of the Breathitt fans seem to be trying to single me out and call me out.
I watched the state finals and honestly Breathitt county was not that impressive at all against Louisville Central. Their big back Fugate was the biggest player they had on the team and he is a good football player. He's a big back with some good speed for a player his size but I do think he would be better suited for a tight end or defensive end at the next level. I researched the stats and who these stats came against. The bottom line is and I say this without a doubt, Simpson would have eclipsed the all time single season rushing record if he had played against Breathitt county's competition they had on their schedule.
I remember in 1995 Breathitt county came down to Erlanger to play us in the playoffs. We had the best team Lloyd has ever had in school history that year and Breathitt county blew us off the field.
Last years Breathitt county team was not even in the same league and I find it hard to believe they were the best eastern Ky. had to offer last season in class 3a football. I believe last season that Breathitt county could have been possibly the weakest team in the state finals with an exception of Hazard who Beechwood let hang around due to a bad game.
richardhead Wrote:I watched the state finals and honestly Breathitt county was not that impressive at all against Louisville Central. Their big back Fugate was the biggest player they had on the team and he is a good football player. He's a big back with some good speed for a player his size but I do think he would be better suited for a tight end or defensive end at the next level. I researched the stats and who these stats came against. The bottom line is and I say this without a doubt, Simpson would have eclipsed the all time single season rushing record if he had played against Breathitt county's competition they had on their schedule.

I know Miles first-hand, so I'll be the first to give him kudo's, but it's difficult to make any comparisons. They both have different running styles. Miles needs no holes in order to creat his own. I won't go so far to say that he would have outperformed Channing if you swapped them.

I believe Channing has been recruited to play FB at Tenn. Anyone validate that?
Stardust Wrote:I know Miles first-hand, so I'll be the first to give him kudo's, but it's difficult to make any comparisons. They both have different running styles. Miles needs no holes in order to creat his own. I won't go so far to say that he would have outperformed Channing if you swapped them.

I believe Channing has been recruited to play FB at Tenn. Anyone validate that?
that is correct channing has a strong verbal commitment. and channing doesnt need hole either he can create one with speed or just simply busting heads.
richardhead Wrote:I watched the state finals and honestly Breathitt county was not that impressive at all against Louisville Central. Their big back Fugate was the biggest player they had on the team and he is a good football player. He's a big back with some good speed for a player his size but I do think he would be better suited for a tight end or defensive end at the next level. I researched the stats and who these stats came against. The bottom line is and I say this without a doubt, Simpson would have eclipsed the all time single season rushing record if he had played against Breathitt county's competition they had on their schedule.
this statement about fugate is false. he is not the biggest player on the team nathan roberts was around 6'4" and 270 easy
richardhead Wrote:I remember in 1995 Breathitt county came down to Erlanger to play us in the playoffs. We had the best team Lloyd has ever had in school history that year and Breathitt county blew us off the field.
Last years Breathitt county team was not even in the same league and I find it hard to believe they were the best eastern Ky. had to offer last season in class 3a football. I believe last season that Breathitt county could have been possibly the weakest team in the state finals with an exception of Hazard who Beechwood let hang around due to a bad game.

Belfry was the best team in EKY 3A last year except for the night they played Breathitt. Belfry would have matched up much better with Central and given them a run for their money, but the fact remains that Breathitt executed better, played more intense, and had a better gameplan in the Semi's and earned their spot in the Finals.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:that is correct channing has a strong verbal commitment. and channing doesnt need hole either he can create one with speed or just simply busting heads.

lol, still defensive....:Clap:
QUOTE=Stardust;801221]lol, still defensive....:Clap:[/QUOTE]
lol... still cant accept channing is better:ChairHit:
bobcatlunatik Wrote:QUOTE=Stardust;801221]lol, still defensive....:Clap:
lol... still cant accept channing is better:ChairHit:[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I guess we have came to a draw.... :igiveup:

:Thumbs:
I have yet to see Simpson play in person, but I was able to see a lot of Fugate last year. One game in particular was the LCA game. The ENTIRE defense keyed in on Fugate and he rushed for over 400 yards in that game. I know people will say that LCA is a single A school, but their one of the best in the state. Anyone who can rush for 400 yards while 11 men are trying to stop him is pretty impressive.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry was the best team in EKY 3A last year except for the night they played Breathitt. Belfry would have matched up much better with Central and given them a run for their money, but the fact remains that Breathitt executed better, played more intense, and had a better gameplan in the Semi's and earned their spot in the Finals.

Woulda;coulda;shouda...........???DIDN"T.
BOBCAT Wrote:Woulda;coulda;shouda...........???DIDN"T.

:Thumbs:
Belfry was the best team in EKY 3A last year except for the night they played Breathitt. Belfry would have matched up much better with Central and given them a run for their money, but the fact remains that Breathitt executed better, played more intense, and had a better gameplan in the Semi's and earned their spot in the Finals.

That is what it comes down to in High School Football. The best team on that given night! Breathitt has some of the best team speed and overall strength it has had in sometime this year.
BOBCAT Wrote:Woulda;coulda;shouda...........???DIDN"T.

I gave Breathitt the credit.. what more do you want?

This year Bretahitt appears to clearly be a cut above Belfry, but if the Bobcats lay an egg like Belfry did last year then it will be the Pirates pulling the upset.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I gave Breathitt the credit.. what more do you want?

This year Bretahitt appears to clearly be a cut above Belfry, but if the Bobcats lay an egg like Belfry did last year then it will be the Pirates pulling the upset.
breathitt appears to be a cut above everyone in 3a football this year
bobcatlunatik Wrote:breathitt appears to be a cut above everyone in 3a football this year

They appear to be a cut below Central.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:They appear to be a cut below Central.

Agreed. Central is getting all the team pub for 3a, where-as Channing is getting the individual pub.
you cant compare these two guys. Simpson is much quicker and can get by defenders. But he's not that big, if he goes up against a big linebacker, he's getting hammered. Channing is bigger slower but stronger and can run over linebackers that simpson cant. IMO, both of these guys are D-1 HB's. Fugate should have never went to Tennessee to play fullback. There was plenty of schools that wanted him at the HB position, one being Illinois. If he would have went there, then he would have started by his junior year. I believe that channing picked tennessee because he knows that he wants to try to make it to the nfl. How many white guys are playing HB in the nfl, hardly any. This simpson guy will make a better HB in the long run and IMO both guys will make it to the nfl. channing has a better shot at making it to the nfl at fb or te than hb. simpson has a ggod shot to if he picks the right place to go to college at.

so you really cant compare the two because they are two entirely different styles of players.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I gave Breathitt the credit.. what more do you want?

Or Mason or Sheldon Clark?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:They appear to be a cut below Central.

No they aren't.Looks like you have a chip on your shoulder against Breathitt and I believe I know who you are.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:No they aren't.Looks like you have a chip on your shoulder against Breathitt and I believe I know who you are.

lol, ooohhh :yikes: