Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BluegrassRivals.com Boys Basketball Top 20 (Dec. 15)
FBALL Wrote:All good runs come to an end sooner or later. Even the traditional powers have down years. I wouldn't mind being compared to Paintsville either. That little school been one of the top programs in Eastern Kentucky for years. SV wishes they had that kind of tradition.

Why try to slap another team in the face with comments like that?

You can compare teams and players without being derogoatory about it. You need to grow up a little bit.

This goes for everyone. I have enjoyed this debate on teams and there is no problem with it. But if we can't do it without insults this thread will be closed down.

How is that derogatory, stating the truth?
PC_You_Know Wrote:First person reference family member.
Yes, we know family members are unbiased and always the best source of reliable information.
FBALL Wrote:Yes, we know family members are unbiased and always the best source of reliable information.

Better sources then some of the unnamed and anonymous sources used on this site.

Like said though, look at the two's schools, Elisha- UK, Ark, Florida, the Faulkner boys are going to small D-1 schools.

That being said though, I hope the Faulkner boys have great college careers and can make some noise.
PC_You_Know Wrote:How is that derogatory, stating the truth?
It was derogatory in that you know Paintsville is having a down year and you are saying Elliott County will after this exceptional group leaves.

You don't know that Elliott will be bad. But you are claiming that will be the truth. You just slapped two programs right in the face. The truth is that Elliott County won't be that bad next year. Their most talented player is only a sophmore. Timmy Knipp. Yes he porbably will be playing at a major college program in a few years.

No Elliott County probably won't be as good next year as they have been with this current group of seniors. But they won't be bad either.
FBALL Wrote:It was derogatory in that you know Paintsville is having a down year and you are saying Elliott County will after this exceptional group leaves.

You don't know that Elliott will be bad. But you are claiming that will be the truth. You just slapped to programs right in the face. The truth is that Elliott County won't be that bad next year. Their most talented player is only a sophmore. Timmy Knipp. Yes he porbably will be playing at a major college program in a few years.

No Elliott County probably won't be as good next year as they have been with this current group of seniors. But they won't be bad either.

I didn't say they'd be bad, but their run of Sweet 16's is coming to an end is what I'm saying. I wouldn't make Elliott look any worse for next year than what some posters make the current SV team look.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Better sources then some of the unnamed and anonymous sources used on this site.

Like said though, look at the two's schools, Elisha- UK, Ark, Florida, the Faulkner boys are going to small D-1 schools.

That being said though, I hope the Faulkner boys have great college careers and can make some noise.

Thats great. I hope he gets recruited. But he hasn't been offered anything yet.

Yes Radford is D1. Northern Kentucky is division 2 I believe. That was a personal choice.

Ferguson will probably play at small division 1 school.

Knipp the sky is the limit with. The kid is 6'7", runs like a deer and shoots the three very well. That is likely four players off of this team playing college basketball.

Not too bad.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I didn't say they'd be bad, but their run of Sweet 16's is coming to an end is what I'm saying. I wouldn't make Elliott look any worse for next year than what some posters make the current SV team look.
Yes you did. You know that Paintsville is having a very tough time this year. You implied that Elliott County would have the same kind of season next year.

If your worried about others than don't lower yourself to that level. Post each teams or players strengths and weaknesses if you know them. Just don't make it personal.

It doesn't make anybody look good if a debate turns into an insult match.
Well I have talked to Elisha, and yes he has talked to Billy Donavon, Billy G, and John Pelphrey. No offers have been made as far as I am aware of, but they will be coming soon.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I would hope Billy D and G have been watching him, Elisha attended both Florida and Kentucky's elite camps. And like I said, I was told Elisha made Jai Lucas look horrible at the camp and that caught some eyes.

My question was have they been to SV. Not if they have seen him play. Not trying to be a jerk just wanted to clear that up.
kybaseball Wrote:My question was have they been to SV. Not if they have seen him play. Not trying to be a jerk just wanted to clear that up.

From what I am aware of, Billy D and Billy G have seen him play. Both have seen him at camp and have made calls to him. Pelphrey has seen game film of him, and BMR has talked to Pelphrey about Elisha.

I'm pretty sure Pelphrey is going to see Elisha when he is in Florida for their Holiday tournament, along with Billy D.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Better sources then some of the unnamed and anonymous sources used on this site.

The twins, Ferguson, and Knipp all were at the UK elite camp. Invites to these camps don't actually mean a team is recruiting a player, just means they want to take a closer look at them. Ethan and Evan had other offers, not high level D1, both said that chose their schools based on playing time. Also Ethan has a friend, Jon Vanhoose that plays for Northern. I'm sure when the time comes Justice will make the college choice that is best for him. But an invite to an Elite camp is a very long way from an offer.
Well that may be the case with UK or Florida, but I have been told Pelphery either calls him every week or has Elisha call him every week, and has talked about Elisha playing at Arkansas
Please do not take this wrong but "talk is cheap" untill the dotted line is signed it means nothing and so far it is all based on speculation and hearsay. I think it is unfair to EJ to say offers are coming (i hope he does get a good offer) when there is nothing official.

After all the he man post we all have made here about who is better than who .It would be absolutley great if any player signs and plays at one of these major schools. No matter who they are.
I really think KCC should be up there and I'm not saying that because I go there.
I just think their a good team
Oh and i think south laurel should be add.
My option though
1. Holmes
2. Scott County
3. Bryan Station
4. J-Town
5. Elliott Co. ( IMO - if they doe well in South Carolina, they deserve a top 5 consideration)
Time to reevaluate the Top 20...
EasternAlum Wrote:Time to reevaluate the Top 20...
Updated version will be out in a day or so. We were trying to wait and see how all of the holiday tournaments played out.