•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Coach Tom Greer is Retiring…. What’s next for Corbin Football…..
Would they just give the Mouser guy a shot? He’s routinely stayed at Corbin his whole career pretty much right? Already knows everything and everyone and seems to get passed up for every single opening that comes there.
He’s also put in for several jobs in the area hasn’t he?
A little off topic and I’m sure it’s mentioned in one of the 20 other Corbin threads, but who all is returning next year from last years team?
Foley or Clevenger
(05-08-2024, 09:50 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: A little off topic and I’m sure it’s mentioned in one of the 20 other Corbin threads, but who all is returning next year from last years team?

Kade Elam, Cam Estep and Eli Pietrowki is who I would call the hard to guard type athletes. Then Noah Cima, Colten Creekmore and Zach Reynolds and Johah Mahen and the big Jace Hatfield to name a few, a host of young talent and you never know who will walk in through the transfer portal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • RunItUpTheGut
I’m not sure Elam is coming back or not, I’m hearing has a lot to with how Baseball goes this summer.
(05-08-2024, 01:27 PM)insideinfo Wrote: I’m not sure Elam is coming back or not, I’m hearing has a lot to with how Baseball goes this summer.
 Hopefully he still plays, although I understand if he doesn’t. Play all the baseball he needs to, or hopefully that’s understood by the next hire. Football practice starts way too early as is, but that’s for a different topic of discussion.
[-] The following 2 users Like Auburn's post:
  • Bull got out!, insideinfo
(05-08-2024, 02:21 PM)Auburn Wrote:
(05-08-2024, 01:27 PM)insideinfo Wrote: I’m not sure Elam is coming back or not, I’m hearing has a lot to with how Baseball goes this summer.
 Hopefully he still plays, although I understand if he doesn’t. Play all the baseball he needs to, or hopefully that’s understood by the next hire. Football practice starts way too early as is, but that’s for a different topic of discussion.
Football activities never end for the championship teams.   So, there’s that.
(05-08-2024, 08:31 AM)Ogre Wrote: The last hiring committee didn’t recommend TG and when they left their last meeting they thought an offer was being made to EJ only to find out that all their work didn’t matter as DC, SH, and BF made the decision to hire TG on their own!

This is precisely how it went down.
(05-08-2024, 11:43 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(05-08-2024, 09:50 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: A little off topic and I’m sure it’s mentioned in one of the 20 other Corbin threads, but who all is returning next year from last years team?

Kade Elam, Cam Estep and Eli Pietrowki is who I would call the hard to guard type athletes. Then Noah Cima, Colten Creekmore and Zach Reynolds and Johah Mahen and the big Jace Hatfield to name a few, a host of young talent and you never know who will walk in through the transfer portal.

I honestly didn’t think the Elam kid was going play from what I had heard. who plays QB if he doesn’t?
Elam will play .
(05-08-2024, 05:08 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:
(05-08-2024, 11:43 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I honestly didn’t think the Elam kid was going play from what I had heard. who plays QB if he doesn’t?

I havn't heard anything that makes me think he wont' play but if he doesn't Estep can fill the spot IMO..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • RunItUpTheGut
(05-08-2024, 04:41 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(05-08-2024, 08:31 AM)Ogre Wrote: The last hiring committee didn’t recommend TG and when they left their last meeting they thought an offer was being made to EJ only to find out that all their work didn’t matter as DC, SH, and BF made the decision to hire TG on their own!

This is precisely how it went down.
Not precisely but in the ballpark.   Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cappy's post:
  • Old School Hound
(05-08-2024, 04:27 PM)HighViz Wrote:
CoaCh Haddcks put gopro on our helmuts dis weEk WhiLe we PlaY rap muzik on loud speker and MaKe TikTok WE stund un bidness. I not Lik redHound they good at 3 sports and skool . We Champ futball guyz.
(05-08-2024, 08:25 PM)Revelpride2024 Wrote:
CoaCh Haddcks put gopro on our helmuts dis weEk WhiLe we PlaY rap muzik on loud speker and MaKe TikTok WE stund un bidness. I not Lik redHound they good at 3 sports and skool . We Champ futball guyz.
I don’t know what this guy said. ^  But, either he is a great troll. Or he knows how Haddix rolls. That’s why we want him back guyz.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • Bull got out!
(05-08-2024, 10:19 PM)HighViz Wrote:
(05-08-2024, 08:25 PM)Revelpride2024 Wrote:
I don’t know what this guy said. ^  But, either he is a great troll. Or he knows how Haddix rolls. That’s why we want him back guyz.

I have wanted Haddix back since he left. My boy played for him and I know what its like to have a coach like Haddix on the sidelines. Thats why Im a Haddix fan!
Corbin search is going to be similar to the Barnhart search for Cal replacement.. Their first option is going to be a homerun hire with someone that has recently won a championship. If he says no, they may end up with a "Pope" hire.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grannyshot's post:
  • Bull got out!
A name like Tate Morris would be intriguing. Kin to Jason Morris HC at O Cath. Would probably run a similar to what you see with Brady Atwell at O Cath, and with Kade Elam could put up numbers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • Ned Gremlin
(05-09-2024, 10:09 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: A name like Tate Morris would be intriguing. Kin to Jason Morris HC at O Cath. Would probably run a similar to what you see with Brady Atwell at O Cath, and with Kade Elam could put up numbers.

O Cath was tuff last year with that offense
Did Mark Dixon apply for the job or is this just rumors? He would do a great job. When he has talent, he can beat anyone.
(05-09-2024, 11:20 AM)Desperado888 Wrote: Did Mark Dixon apply for the job or is this just rumors?  He would do a great job.  When he has talent, he can beat anyone.

Hmmmm... Not sure. But Dixon aint going nowhere. You know that.
If he likes winning, wouldn’t he consider Corbin?
(05-09-2024, 12:11 PM)Desperado888 Wrote: If he likes winning, wouldn’t he consider Corbin?

I got friends who are very tight with him. He's happy where he's at.
Ok. I’d be happy to if I had his bank. Good place to be when there’s pressure to win I guess.
(05-09-2024, 12:11 PM)Desperado888 Wrote: If he likes winning, wouldn’t he consider Corbin?

True .. for anyone that likes winning district titles, Corbin is the place to be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HSFOOTBALL's post:
  • Gitback Coach
I’m 99.999999% sure after what I heard today from a friend who is as connected as anyone who the next coach will be at Corbin and oh is this place going to be fun

BUCKLE UP
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • Old School Hound
(05-09-2024, 06:00 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: I’m 99.999999% sure after what I heard today from a friend who is as connected as anyone who the next coach will be at Corbin and oh is this place going to be fun

BUCKLE UP

I'm buckled, but not for long.  I'm almost out of my meds and I'm ready to blaze!!!
(05-09-2024, 12:25 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:

True .. for anyone that likes winning district titles and putting Boyle on the ropes at their house, Corbin is the place to go if you want to be touched by the coach while listening to Drake slow jams go to Boyle
Huh?
This is pretty quiet. Someone spill the beans! Is it gonna be Mouser? Hart? Is Tom going to pick his successor? Who is realistically a big hire?
If it ends up being Matt Jewel they should just shut the program down and focus on other sports.
(05-09-2024, 11:19 PM)I HighViz Wrote: This is pretty quiet. Someone spill the beans! Is it gonna be Mouser? Hart? Is Tom going to pick his successor? Who is realistically a big hire?

If it works out, you’re not even close.
I’ll be honest I was shocked when I heard what was going on but out of respect for my friend and that program (I know, shocking) I’ll keep my mouth shut no matter how bad I want to spill it.
Ive never gotten bad info from him. Not once. It’s not a done deal but it is close if both sides agree. Everybody here that’s known me for years knows I don’t make a statement like this just to be spreading the rumor mill. 

I also heard some funny stuff about Greer heading out the door but I’ll save that for later too.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next