•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Raceland 2024
Where’s the Cooper kid playing?
(07-15-2024, 01:01 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Where’s the Cooper kid playing?

right now he is getting reps at QB. Ison has looked a little better. Really more consistent, imo. But it’s still early and I really hate losing him at WR.
(07-15-2024, 06:49 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote:
(07-15-2024, 01:01 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Where’s the Cooper kid playing?

right now he is getting reps at QB. Ison has looked a little better. Really more consistent, imo. But it’s still early and I really hate losing him at WR.

I agree. He is definitely one Racelands main weapon in the passing game to go with Rowsey. You add the Rister kid and you have 3 good receivers to throw too. I think Raceland will use a committe in the running game and I fully expect to see Ison in a white cat formation.
I think Ison will be the QB. He played there all through grade school and MS and split time there on JV with McKee. Hate to lose him at WR but I think he will be the best option. I’m not sure if Cooper plays anywhere else as of now.
Transferring to raceland doesn’t seem to be working out for the cooper kid now
Maybe not, but I gotta tip my cap to him for sticking it out and competing for the starting job. There’s still a long way between now and the the first Friday night.

In this day and age it would be easy for him to jump ship and head somewhere else.

Pretty salty for someone to get on a thread with a fake name and talk bad about a kid trying to find an opportunity to better himself.
Not really salty just insane to me how some of these kids will jump ship thinking the grass is greener it’s not always greener tho
(07-16-2024, 01:43 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Maybe not, but I gotta tip my cap to him for sticking it out and competing for the starting job. There’s still a long way between now and the the first Friday night.

In this day and age it would be easy for him to jump ship and head somewhere else.

Pretty salty for someone to get on a thread with a fake name and talk bad about a kid trying to find an opportunity to better himself.

Definitely lots of time left. 6 Fridays left until kickoff.. when the Cooper kid is taking snaps is Ison playing WR?
(07-16-2024, 01:43 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Maybe not, but I gotta tip my cap to him for sticking it out and competing for the starting job. There’s still a long way between now and the the first Friday night.

So going from starting QB at your hometown school to possibly sitting the bench at Raceland is "bettering yourself" lol?
He already jumped ship and headed somewhere else. Dang Scotty you hanging around with RAD now?  Smile

Just messing with you but you do seem much more intense these days haha. And to be clear Raceland is my second favorite Class A team by far
I just get tired of the same crap you do at Pikeville. People getting all butthurt when their kids leave and go somewhere else. Give them a reason to stay…that’s just my opinion. And What I meant by bettering himself…was going to a program that obviously has had more success. Knowing full well he was going to have to compete for a position. FWIW…the kid always seems to have a smile and seems to have a great attitude.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArmChairHC's post:
  • jetpilot
(07-17-2024, 12:03 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I just get tired of the same crap you do at Pikeville. People getting all butthurt when their kids leave and go somewhere else. Give them a reason to stay…that’s just my opinion. And What I meant by bettering himself…was going to a program that obviously has had more success. Knowing full well he was going to have to compete for a position. FWIW…the kid always seems to have a smile and seems to have a great attitude.

That's awesome and all that matters
I think you mean incoherent punch-ual-azation
My goodness but your guys are feisty this early in the football season!!!
Is Raceland going to EKU?
No. Stayed home and held our own 7v7.tbh…there’s still quite a learning curve right now with the new skill guys. We will take some lumps this years regular season but will be ready for a run come November. The future is bright but we all knew this year would be really hard to replace what we lost from graduation. Especially early on against a tough schedule.
(07-19-2024, 08:37 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: No. Stayed home and held our own 7v7.tbh…there’s still quite a learning curve right now with the new skill guys. We will take some lumps this years regular season but will be ready for a run come November. The future is bright but we all knew this year would be really hard to replace what we lost from graduation. Especially early on against a tough schedule.
I take it by this post you are personally worried about the progression of where the team is right now? Am I way off base by saying we may be a little behind schedule at this point when we are looking at less than a month before the first game? As you stated ….everyone knew there would be some growing pains with this team but do you see this team actually turning the corner at some point this season ?
Yes. I was speaking in comparison to where we are usually at this point in the preseason.
(07-19-2024, 08:37 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: No. Stayed home and held our own 7v7.tbh…there’s still quite a learning curve right now with the new skill guys. We will take some lumps this years regular season but will be ready for a run come November. The future is bright but we all knew this year would be really hard to replace what we lost from graduation. Especially early on against a tough schedule.

Who come for that? How did u all look? Who is standing out?
We will be anywhere from 7-3 to 5-5. Lots of new dudes running around out there
Some real positive things I saw tonight that I haven’t seen in a Raceland practice in a long time. Really chippy competition. Not bad chippy though. Nothing cheap or anything like that. Just kids getting after it. The last few years, at this point in the preseason, positions were pretty well locked in. Knew who our skill guys were, knew what we had upfront. There just wasn’t a whole lot of competition in practice to be honest. A lot of that comes with the territory of what we continued to bring back each year due to holdbacks, covid extras, etc. but we are really young now, and it seems like everyone realizes there are spots all over the place up for grabs and they are busting their asses for it.

Other positives. Jackson Rister wants to catch every single ball and not let a single one catch him. Kid has really good hands and seems to be doing well in recovering from the ACL injury last year and the tweak a few weeks ago.

Dont sleep on Ayden Cooper. He may not get the QB1 job, but the kid seems to be starved to get on the field in some way. He is a lot faster than I had originally thought as well. He will be on the field somewhere.

Bloss, Marushi, Dinger, Kenny Litteral, and Murrell are all competing for that F spot and it shows.

The kids are hungry. After 7v7 season was seemingly a work in progress, I’m excited to see this competition pick up when they get pads on this week.
(07-23-2024, 12:05 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Some real positive things I saw tonight that I haven’t seen in a Raceland practice in a long time. Really chippy competition. Not bad chippy though. Nothing cheap or anything like that. Just kids getting after it. The last few years, at this point in the preseason, positions were pretty well locked in. Knew who our skill guys were, knew what we had upfront. There just wasn’t a whole lot of competition in practice to be honest. A lot of that comes with the territory of what we continued to bring back each year due to holdbacks, covid extras, etc. but we are really young now, and it seems like everyone realizes there are spots all over the place up for grabs and they are busting their asses for it.

Other positives. Jackson Rister wants to catch every single ball and not let a single one catch him. Kid has really good hands and seems to be doing well in recovering from the ACL injury last year and the tweak a few weeks ago.

Dont sleep on Ayden Cooper. He may not get the QB1 job, but the kid seems to be starved to get on the field in some way. He is a lot faster than I had originally thought as well. He will be on the field somewhere.

Bloss, Marushi, Dinger, Kenny Litteral, and Murrell are all competing for that F spot and it shows.

The kids are hungry. After 7v7 season was seemingly a work in progress, I’m excited to see this competition pick up when they get pads on this week.

Good thing i noticed about Cooper is he also played defense too for Lewis County. But definitely good hearing the competitiveness.
(07-22-2024, 02:54 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: We will be anywhere from 7-3 to 5-5. Lots of new dudes running around out there
6-4…. We will have one bad loss and one surprising win. We will be ready for the playoffs.
First day of some actual contact! Interested to see what the lineman look like this evening.
First night of team camp in the books. Lot of hustle and kids flying around. Still a lot to be sorted out but one thing is sure. This is a scrappy group. And not the CoCo kind lol. Team speed is good. Stiltner looks really good. Murrell surprised me with his speed this evening. Long way to go but it was a good way to get things started.
(08-02-2024, 10:35 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: First night of team camp in the books. Lot of hustle and kids flying around. Still a lot to be sorted out but one thing is sure. This is a scrappy group. And not the CoCo kind lol. Team speed is good. Stiltner looks really good. Murrell surprised me with his speed this evening. Long way to go but it was a good way to get things started.
What date does Raceland come to Belfry
(08-03-2024, 03:25 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(08-02-2024, 10:35 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: First night of team camp in the books. Lot of hustle and kids flying around. Still a lot to be sorted out but one thing is sure. This is a scrappy group. And not the CoCo kind lol. Team speed is good. Stiltner looks really good. Murrell surprised me with his speed this evening. Long way to go but it was a good way to get things started.
What date does Raceland come to Belfry

August 9 according to the schedule on KHSAA.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jarons's post:
  • Patriot1
Overall team speed and athleticism better than last year. Just serious lack of experience right now
lol
Like RAD said…we are faster and more athletic as a team this year. We are bigger upfront as well. That being said, we are definitely young and at times this week it’s been obvious in practice. But, this is a team that can without a doubt make a run in the playoffs.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next