Poll: Who wins it
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
95.08%
Central
4.92%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Central -- Class AAA State Championship
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Red Pants????????

We'll keep this secret underwraps Wink Confusedhh:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wink Yea, those [COLOR="Red"]RED[COLOR="Black"]pants!!!! Everyone knows what they mean!!!...lol:Thumbs: [/COLOR][/COLOR]
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Red Pants????????
This is one Pirate fan that is missing the significance of the red pants.
I thought this was an interesting prediction from the Massey ratings system

Cent Career (9-5) 19
Belfry (14-0) 32
The Pirates cannot afford to come out slow and turn the ball over against this speedy Yellow Jackets team. They also cannot afford to overlook Central as well.

Good Luck Pirates!
My money is on Belfry.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:This is one Pirate fan that is missing the significance of the red pants.

Belfry only wears red on red when its a big game.. use to be Belfry always wore red on red at home against Pikeville. Belfry wore Red on Red in the 03' title game..
Belfry - Russell 06
I thought so......
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
bring it back to the mountains pirates!!
From what I saw on film Puducah stayed in centrals backfield all night long, Belfry's D is alot better than Puducah's, may turn into a long night for Central...
Alot of you people are underestimating Louisville Central. Yes, we beat Johnson Central, and they beat Louisville Central, but you have to look at some things. Louisville came 4 or 5 hours on a bus, and came unprepared for the Golden Eagles. They didn't exchange film with JC, and figured they could take them without knowing anything about them. That was a mistake by thier coach, and I think he learned from that. So, I think you can throw that comparison out the window. Central knows all about Belfry. They know what to expect from them. I have watched Belfry almost every game, and I have seen video of LC against JC, P-T, & Highlands. Belfry is more physical, but LC is more athletic. Belfry can't afford to make any mistakes on D. Preston, Elkins, Young, Varney, Lovern, whenever in the game will have to cover like they've never covered before. Cental's recievers have good size, and are athletic enough to make plays, big plays too. They may not have one reciever as good as Somersets' Cole, but they all are good enough to get the job done. One of the biggest thing for them its basically a home game for them, along with this is the biggest game in thier schools history. We need to have more Pirate fans there than ever before because they will have the other Louisville schools backing them. We need all our mountain team bretheren to step up and be there to help support us against those Louisville schools as we would them. This is going to be a war, and everyone needs to give 200%, even the fans. Bring as many horns, cow bells, and noise makers as you possibly can & BE LOUD!

If all that is done, I see Belfry winning, 42-34 in a very hard fought game.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Alot of you people are underestimating Louisville Central. Yes, we beat Johnson Central, and they beat Louisville Central, but you have to look at some things. Louisville came 4 or 5 hours on a bus, and came unprepared for the Golden Eagles. They didn't exchange film with JC, and figured they could take them without knowing anything about them. That was a mistake by thier coach, and I think he learned from that. So, I think you can throw that comparison out the window. Central knows all about Belfry. They know what to expect from them. I have watched Belfry almost every game, and I have seen video of LC against JC, P-T, & Highlands. Belfry is more physical, but LC is more athletic. Belfry can't afford to make any mistakes on D. Preston, Elkins, Young, Varney, Lovern, whenever in the game will have to cover like they've never covered before. Cental's recievers have good size, and are athletic enough to make plays, big plays too. They may not have one reciever as good as Somersets' Cole, but they all are good enough to get the job done. One of the biggest thing for them its basically a home game for them, along with this is the biggest game in thier schools history. We need to have more Pirate fans there than ever before because they will have the other Louisville schools backing them. We need all our mountain team bretheren to step up and be there to help support us against those Louisville schools as we would them. This is going to be a war, and everyone needs to give 200%, even the fans. Bring as many horns, cow bells, and noise makers as you possibly can & BE LOUD!

If all that is done, I see Belfry winning, 42-34 in a very hard fought game.

They didn't exchange film because woodford county's coach gave them film of JC... So they new all about JC... I have seen film of them, an from what I can gather, their Offensive line is their week point, their d-line isnt much better, an that is is 2 of Belfry's strong points is their lines, Belfry will win this game by atleast 14...
Pirate4Life Wrote:I thought this was an interesting prediction from the Massey ratings system

Cent Career (9-5) 19
Belfry (14-0) 32

calpreps.com picks Belfry 28-21...
BELFY_ALL_THE_WAY Wrote:Its the state championships... are you going tosay the belfry is going to come to the game with out an amazing state of mind?
Central should have good confindence... they have play a O.K season. but the Pirates have played the best season That the Pond Creek Nation may have ever seen.

Belfry By a LANDSlIDE!!!!!!!!

No one is winning this game by a landslide. I promise you that, and I am a Belfry fan. Its simply un-educated to say that Belfry will have no problem with Central. This same team had a 14-0 lead with 7 minutes left in the game against Highlands, a team that will be playing the same day this Friday, only in the 5A championship. They have played the toughest schedule of 3A, and one of the toughest all together in Kentucky. Some of you might say, "they played tough non-district teams, but they lost". So, Belfry would have most-likely too. Thats why thier record is decieving, and its hard to tell just how good they are. Belfry can win, and I think they will, but they will have to bring everything to the table.
kyr450 Wrote:They didn't exchange film because woodford county's coach gave them film of JC... So they new all about JC... I have seen film of them, an from what I can gather, their Offensive line is their week point, their d-line isnt much better, an that is is 2 of Belfry's strong points is their lines, Belfry will win this game by atleast 14...

Not true. Read the Courier-Journal big guy.

And you have obviously not seen the Central-Highlands game.
Just what I was told... I hope it is a good game, but IMO Belfry will win by atleast 14... Probably more... Evry team Belfry has played this season that was suppose to beat us, or suppose to give us a good game, Belfry has completely blown them out of the water... The Breathitt Co. game could of very easliy been a 7 or 8 touchdown win for Belfry... We could of beat every team we have played this year by as many as Haywood wanted, him being the classy guy he is keep the scores down quite a bit... The 62 we scored against Breathitt is the most he has aloud one of his teams to score in a game since 1999 against Estill Co, an that is the most I can find that a Haywood team has ever scored... I jusr dont think Central can eat Belfry, anything can happen, but you know as well as I do BHS will be firing on all cylinders come friday...
[quote=mrfootball03]They didn't exchange film with JC, and figured they could take them without knowing anything about them. QUOTE]

I don't think Belfry's film is going to help them stop us, why? Coach Haywood is a genius.
I'll elaborate after state.
Put it this way, Randy Webb and Casey Whetstone may be the most important players to a Belfry win. Central has EXCELLENT Defensive Tackles, our guards will have to play the game of their lifes or else our inside running game may be in jeopardy.
mrfootball03 Wrote:No one is winning this game by a landslide. I promise you that, and I am a Belfry fan. Its simply un-educated to say that Belfry will have no problem with Central. This same team had a 14-0 lead with 7 minutes left in the game against Highlands, a team that will be playing the same day this Friday, only in the 5A championship. They have played the toughest schedule of 3A, and one of the toughest all together in Kentucky. Some of you might say, "they played tough non-district teams, but they lost". So, Belfry would have most-likely too. Thats why thier record is decieving, and its hard to tell just how good they are. Belfry can win, and I think they will, but they will have to bring everything to the table.

I will add this to the post. I have been doing a bit of research between the teams and their schedule.

Central's opponents records are 109-63
Belfry's opponenets records are 94-73

Central has played 3 top tier 6A teams, 2 5A, 2 4A and 3 3A teams this year.
Belfry has played 1 5A, 1 4A, 5 3A, 2 2A and 1 1A team this year.

The 6A and 5A teams that Central have played have a combined record of 58-8 and that accounted for 1/2 of their season.

The top 5 teams record wise that Belfry have played have a combined record of 45-18 those being 1 5A, 1 3A, 2 2A and 1 1A teams.
I pick the pirates
Cant wait til' friday
Go Central!!!!!:p:devilflam
http://youtube.com/watch?v=B5P5htJQvZY

Just a video, watch the whole thing please.
Not much of a mountain presence on this site!
Belfry0304 Wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=B5P5htJQvZY

:thumpsup: :thumpsup: :thumpsup:
I just hope that Belfry doesnt get too confident about this game because never have i saw a moutain team beat a team from a big city like Louisville or Lexington by a score of like 37-12

But im hope im wrong...
Blau Vogel Wrote:Not much of a mountain presence on this site!

I hope you are being sarcastic...

Heart of a Champion !!!

Awesome video....

Go Pirates !!!!!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thats awesome.
Thanks alot, You can say it best by saying This One's Steve Phillips'.

Awesome....:Thumbs:..especially the tribute to Steve Phillips at the end