Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 9 Paintsville 8
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Come on, we’ve had a very good game thread for this one so far! 2 of the best 1A programs in the state battled it out tonight! This one had bad calls both ways but show me a Friday night High school football game that doesn’t!

I wholeheartedly agree— I was responding to budsqueezer’s insinuation that middle school officials cost Paintsville the game but I no longer see that comment! Just pointing out examples of the contrary, but the quote is no longer there!
I re-watched the game tape and I have to say, I don’t see why the officials didn’t call holding all night. It was BAD. Especially on Paintsville. When you can see jerseys literally ripping, I just don’t see how they can miss those kinds of calls. Not to mention 2 blatant face mask calls missed. I know they can’t possibly see everything, but dang they gotta do a better job.
VoR_58 Wrote:I re-watched the game tape and I have to say, I don’t see why the officials didn’t call holding all night. It was BAD. Especially on Paintsville. When you can see jerseys literally ripping, I just don’t see how they can miss those kinds of calls. Not to mention 2 blatant face mask calls missed. I know they can’t possibly see everything, but dang they gotta do a better job.

Paintsville- 14 penalties
Pikeville-4 penalties

Officials didn’t cost either team anything. I would rather see a game like this than a 40 penalty game that has absolutely no flow to it.
I didn’t say it cost either team anything. I simply mean the officials, any officials, have got to call holding. It’s a HUGE part of the game. It was not called all night on either team.
VoR_58 Wrote:I didn’t say it cost either team anything. I simply mean the officials, any officials, have got to call holding. It’s a HUGE part of the game. It was not called all night on either team.

If you want 40 holding calls a game, then we can’t be friends lol
Wow ! Was really off on my score prediction of this game. Congrats to both teams, especially my Panthers for squeaking out such a narrow win. A win is a win, though. That game will benefit both teams throughout the season.
Both of these two teams are going to get way better and if they can both stay healthy this will be an epic matchup come playoff time. Kinda puts a big hole in everyone's prediction that Pikeville will win 1A in 2019 and no one will be close don't it. Make no mistake Paintsville us every bit as good, talented, and fast as Pikeville.
Just for clarification on the chain gang. I was on it. We are not responsible for stretching the chains. When a measurement occurs the officials must place and stretch the chains. When we set the stick by the ball Pikeville players and fans went nuts....however the referees must place the clip on the line and stretch the chains not us. There was no one trying to cheat period. Complain all you want about the refs.
I think you just saw the two teams who will either one represent the East at Kroger field. The only team I can see who might be able to crash this party by playoff time is maybe Raceland but I have no clue what Raceland even has this year but they always seam to play both Pikeville and Paintsville pretty competitive.
2000PHS Wrote:If you want 40 holding calls a game, then we can’t be friends lol

Not 40. Just the ones that are blatant jersey grabbing and bear huggin.
State Championship preview. Hold your head high tigers, you will see the panthers again.
I give Paintsville their due but Pikeville will be much better next time. Pikeville be in a bad mood next week and if they don't throttle Raceland at home then I will be concerned. Great game plan by Paintsville and Pikeville lucky to get out of there with a win but I expect Pikeville to put in big work on zone pass defense and be ready in the playoffs.
I'm thinking Paintsville might actually get better also. Either way, last night lived up to all the hype. Pikeville has some very nice athletes, but Paintsville isn't bad either. Hopefully, they'll be a Part 2.
Agree with all that Josie.
PBR Wrote:State Championship preview. Hold your head high tigers, you will see the panthers again.

Horse Hockey.
footballfanuk Wrote:Just for clarification on the chain gang. I was on it. We are not responsible for stretching the chains. When a measurement occurs the officials must place and stretch the chains. When we set the stick by the ball Pikeville players and fans went nuts....however the referees must place the clip on the line and stretch the chains not us. There was no one trying to cheat period. Complain all you want about the refs.

Boy it didn’t look that way from the stands, lol. PA even tried to announce 1st down Tigers. It was a complete $#\+ show. It was hilarious watching this unfold.
2000 PHS so what your saying its alright to hold almost every play and the officials should just let it go to not delay the game. After watching the game again Pikeville was held on probably 70% of the plays with only one flag thrown the entire game. If the officials would throw the flag right they would eventually have to stop.
Panthers Dominate Wrote:2000 PHS so what your saying its alright to hold almost every play and the officials should just let it go to not delay the game. After watching the game again Pikeville was held on probably 70% of the plays with only one flag thrown the entire game. If the officials would throw the flag right they would eventually have to stop.

They was called for holding more than once.
Are Pikeville fans ever happy. They always find something to whine and bitch about win or lose. Whine the whole game. Whine after the game.
Panthers Dominate Wrote:2000 PHS so what your saying its alright to hold almost every play and the officials should just let it go to not delay the game. After watching the game again Pikeville was held on probably 70% of the plays with only one flag thrown the entire game. If the officials would throw the flag right they would eventually have to stop.

So what you are saying is that you want a hold called on 70% of the plays? Both teams hold, call the obvious ones, set the tone, and let the players decide the game.
2000PHS Wrote:So what you are saying is that you want a hold called on 70% of the plays? Both teams hold, call the obvious ones, set the tone, and let the players decide the game.

Exactly, call the obvious ones. But they failed to do so.
Thanks Panther Thunder. Always look forward to game hi lites. Great work !
JC Mafia Wrote:Are Pikeville fans ever happy. They always find something to whine and bitch about win or lose. Whine the whole game. Whine after the game.
:biglmao:
Panther Thunder Wrote:

Always doing a excellent job!!! Keep um coming!!!