Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Season 3-A Rannkings
I understand both sides of the WV boys argument. The one thing I will point out is that the Williamson kids who go to Belfry are not much different than a school allowing students from other school districts come into their district. Only difference is that it is a state line rather than a county line. A lot of school districts in eastern Kentucky allow about 5 miles on either side of the county line to go to whichever school district they choose based on convenience. The school districts have an agreement to allow them do so.
Wildcat45 Wrote:I understand both sides of the WV boys argument. The one thing I will point out is that the Williamson kids who go to Belfry are not much different than a school allowing students from other school districts come into their district. Only difference is that it is a state line rather than a county line. A lot of school districts in eastern Kentucky allow about 5 miles on either side of the county line to go to whichever school district they choose based on convenience. The school districts have an agreement to allow them do so.

You are exactly right my friend. People tend to automatically think that your recruiting when you have players from other counties, districts, or even states that the only thing separating the areas is a bridge that your illegally recruiting. Common sense goes along way if your fortunate enough to have it but unfortunately alot of people dont have it and it seems Whitley is a hotbed for unfortunate ones. Lol! But it's all good. When your as good as Belfry has been the past few years the haters and trolls are going to leach on and talk smack. Hey, if it makes them sleep better at night then by all means Hate On! Also, what I cant figure out is that if a players parents want them to play for a better program that will give them a better chance at being seen and recruited and they pay the tuition to send their athlete to that school what's illegal about that? At the end of the day, IMO, they hate us cause they ain't us. But I will agree with the one smart thing pj said, I do believe Boyle is the best team in 3A and their the champs until someone else takes their throne. But i dont think their as far ahead of the other 3 schools typically mentioned in the best 3A teams conversation as alot of people are acting like they are. But they are the champs, for now.
#55PirateFan Wrote:You are exactly right my friend. People tend to automatically think that your recruiting when you have players from other counties, districts, or even states that the only thing separating the areas is a bridge that your illegally recruiting. Common sense goes along way if your fortunate enough to have it but unfortunately alot of people dont have it and it seems Whitley is a hotbed for unfortunate ones. Lol! But it's all good. When your as good as Belfry has been the past few years the haters and trolls are going to leach on and talk smack. Hey, if it makes them sleep better at night then by all means Hate On! Also, what I cant figure out is that if a players parents want them to play for a better program that will give them a better chance at being seen and recruited and they pay the tuition to send their athlete to that school what's illegal about that? At the end of the day, IMO, they hate us cause they ain't us. But I will agree with the one smart thing pj said, I do believe Boyle is the best team in 3A and their the champs until someone else takes their throne. But i dont think their as far ahead of the other 3 schools typically mentioned in the best 3A teams conversation as alot of people are acting like they are. But they are the champs, for now.
common sense ain't so common in West Virginia. Everything I say is smart. I'm highly intelligent.
#55PirateFan Wrote:No need to even try. pjdoug isn't smart enough to come up with his own material. He just so happened to come across someone else's post saying the WV thing and he ran with it. I actually feel sorry for the guy. Success breeds jealousy and its destroying that little man.

You like to flatter your self. I'm most certainly not jealous of West Virginians
#55PirateFan Wrote:No need to even try. pjdoug isn't smart enough to come up with his own material. He just so happened to come across someone else's post saying the WV thing and he ran with it. I actually feel sorry for the guy. Success breeds jealousy and its destroying that little man.

Little man.I was looking down at you at the game. lol
I went out and picked a couple large tomatoes from my garden and sliced one of them ,drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled a little sea salt on it, and for a while everything was alright with the world, and I forgot what a pirate even is.
If we could pull it up, we’d be hard pressed to find a school that didn’t have a kid going there from another district. Corbin has pulled from several counties. Whitley has pulled from corbin and surrounding schools. Belfry has kids from West Virginia. Hell Boyle co just got a solid 8th graded to transfer in from Frankfort I believe. Everyone does it. Is it right or wrong? I dunno I’m not debating that, I have my own opinion. But school, just as in life, you want to put your kids or yourself in the best position to be successful. There’s no shame in that. Now sometimes it is down shady. And that is wrong. Jobs and incentives other than education and an opportunity to play shouldn’t be offered. That’s bribery. But as much as I love corbin if trinity were 20 miles up the road I’d want my kid going there. I know we slam each other for sh!ts and giggles but NO ONES hands are clean in this.
Hound05 Wrote:If we could pull it up, we’d be hard pressed to find a school that didn’t have a kid going there from another district. Corbin has pulled from several counties. Whitley has pulled from corbin and surrounding schools. Belfry has kids from West Virginia. Hell Boyle co just got a solid 8th graded to transfer in from Frankfort I believe. Everyone does it. Is it right or wrong? I dunno I’m not debating that, I have my own opinion. But school, just as in life, you want to put your kids or yourself in the best position to be successful. There’s no shame in that. Now sometimes it is down shady. And that is wrong. Jobs and incentives other than education and an opportunity to play shouldn’t be offered. That’s bribery. But as much as I love corbin if trinity were 20 miles up the road I’d want my kid going there. I know we slam each other for sh!ts and giggles but NO ONES hands are clean in this.
some people's nose ain't even clean.
COACHITALL Wrote:Like I said NO defense in 3A team will stop our Oline and our rush attack (6’3 295 avg up front 4 seniors) and a 6’5 250 TE senior who runs a 4.8 Haywood > Smith
If you're referring to Justin Barker he goes about 6'4" and 230 and is DEFINITELY not that fast.
Football Scout Wrote:Don't overlook Lexington Catholic with one of the best QB's in the state if not the best and he has receivers. There question will be there defense.

I like LC's QB a lot and I thought they had some pretty good wr's last year. Not a lot of dropped balls and really clean routes, it's just that they were not what I would call game breakers. They catch a lot of the balls thrown to them I just didn't see many short passes turn into long ones after the catch. They have had those guys in past years.
Best Ever Wrote:If you're referring to Justin Barker he goes about 6'4" and 230 and is DEFINITELY not that fast.

Confusednicker:
Football Scout Wrote:Don't overlook Lexington Catholic with one of the best QB's in the state if not the best and he has receivers. There question will be there defense.
Who is calling the plays for them?
Allen is a good QB and LexCath is a good team. They have A LOT to prove after last season however.

Their first game vs Mad South will tell us a lot about where they are.
#55PirateFan Wrote:You are exactly right my friend. People tend to automatically think that your recruiting when you have players from other counties, districts, or even states that the only thing separating the areas is a bridge that your illegally recruiting. Common sense goes along way if your fortunate enough to have it but unfortunately alot of people dont have it and it seems Whitley is a hotbed for unfortunate ones. Lol! But it's all good. When your as good as Belfry has been the past few years the haters and trolls are going to leach on and talk smack. Hey, if it makes them sleep better at night then by all means Hate On! Also, what I cant figure out is that if a players parents want them to play for a better program that will give them a better chance at being seen and recruited and they pay the tuition to send their athlete to that school what's illegal about that? At the end of the day, IMO, they hate us cause they ain't us. But I will agree with the one smart thing pj said, I do believe Boyle is the best team in 3A and their the champs until someone else takes their throne. But i dont think their as far ahead of the other 3 schools typically mentioned in the best 3A teams conversation as alot of people are acting like they are. But they are the champs, for now.

The reason people are saying Boyle Co is easily the top team in 3A is because what they have returning from winning the title and they are all older/better/bigger/stronger. It's hard to understand how good those skill kids are until you see them first hand.

Not to mention the D is dominant.

If the OL comes around (last night was an improvement), look out!
FoSho Wrote:The reason people are saying Boyle Co is easily the top team in 3A is because what they have returning from winning the title and they are all older/better/bigger/stronger. It's hard to understand how good those skill kids are until you see them first hand.

Not to mention the D is dominant.

If the OL comes around (last night was an improvement), look out!

Just please tell me there is NO way they can be as good as what you had last year? Right? Haha
Boyle is on another Level as far as talent and speed goes. As much as I root for my hometown Hounds I’m not excited about our chances. It’s possible, just not VeRY Likely.
Boyle
Corbin
Central
Belfry
In that order for me.
HighViz Wrote:Boyle is on another Level as far as talent and speed goes. As much as I root for my hometown Hounds I’m not excited about our chances. It’s possible, just not VeRY Likely.
Boyle
Corbin
Central
Belfry
In that order for me.

Their head coach is also on another level.
pjdoug Wrote:Their head coach is also on another level.

True. But Haddix is still very young and early in his career. Very possible to be as much or more successful. I would like to see smiths and Haywood’s records their 1st years of coaching
Hound05 Wrote:Just please tell me there is NO way they can be as good as what you had last year? Right? Haha

By seasons end better.
Hound05 Wrote:True. But Haddix is still very young and early in his career. Very possible to be as much or more successful. I would like to see smiths and Haywood’s records their 1st years of coaching

You asked.

In his first year he took Boyle from 1-9 to 7-4 and a three point loss at Corbin in the first round.

Year 3 Boyle was 9-4 (1994) with wins over Corbin and Middlesbrough and lost to Danville.

Year 4 10 wins and last second Regional loss to Danville.

Year 5 was 11 wins, upset over Danville in Regional and a semifinal loss at Breathitt 12-7.

Considering Corbin did not go 2-8, 1-9, 3-7, 1-9 in the four years prior to Haywood, it will be hard to evaluate the two.
Hatz Wrote:You asked.

In his first year he took Boyle from 1-9 to 7-4 and a three point loss at Corbin in the first round.

Year 3 Boyle was 9-4 (1994) with wins over Corbin and Middlesbrough and lost to Danville.

Year 5 was 11 wins, upset over Danville in Regional and a semifinal loss at Breathitt 12-7.

Considering Corbin did not go 2-8, 1-9, 3-7, 1-9 in the four years prior to Haywood, it will be hard to evaluate the two.

Hatz I really have no idea how you come up with this info or any stats you do, but always impressed and love the read!
Hatz Wrote:You asked.

In a big game when the pressure is on I'm taking Chuck or Dudley Smile
BCHSrebs Wrote:Hatz I really have no idea how you come up with this info or any stats you do, but always impressed and love the read!

I could have added one other nugget on Smith’s behalf.

Call me when someone else wins five straight titles in a four class system. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:I could have added one other nugget on Smith’s behalf.

Call me when someone else wins five straight titles in a four class system. :Thumbs:
it will be a long, long time before that happens again... Can Chuck come coach my team for a while?
pjdoug Wrote:it will be a long, long time before that happens again... Can Chuck come coach my team for a while?

No!
BCHSrebs Wrote:No!

:Sad04:
Hound05 Wrote:Just please tell me there is NO way they can be as good as what you had last year? Right? Haha

The OL? Doubtful but they don't have to be.
FoSho Wrote:The OL? Doubtful but they don't have to be.

Yes I meant the Oline, not the team overall. But that’s good to know from our standpoint
Hound05 Wrote:Yes I meant the Oline, not the team overall. But that’s good to know from our standpoint

I've never enjoyed watching an offensive line so much. I bet Bartleson was laughing every time he got the ball.
Hound05 Wrote:Yes I meant the Oline, not the team overall. But that’s good to know from our standpoint

I get what you're saying, however....the team overall WILL be better.