Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Coaching Changes In The 14th and 15th?
Everything will be fine at ER, just wait and see. All the parents are happy Bobby will be there soon!

:letsparty
What the pharmacist said is the whole truth! Politics will always be a part of anything in the school system.
Politics will always be there. Unfortunately the people who are dedicated to the programs, but have know politic support, will never get a shot at being a coach. I think that the system is backward and loyalty is something that is lost at SV and other surrounding schools. Good luck to the all the schools that will be receiving new coaches. That is a big step, and is tough to have a smooth transition from one coach to the next.
HotShot5 Wrote:Shelby Valley doesn't have the talent to win much this year,,they lost not only a great coach, but a great athlete as well! Looks like 59th district is open! And as for East Ridge they'll be looking for Bobby Spears in the next week!! Anyone heard who is the front runner at Shelby Valley will be?

I have no idea why no SV fans have addressed this comment yet! Valley doesn't have talent? Yes, Esther was out of this world and we will miss her greatly. The team will not be the same, naturally. But you're just ignorant to say they have no talent left. Let me refresh your memory: Sally Roberts? Laura Perkins? Kayla Cantrell? I'd say any team in the region would trade two girls to have just one of these!
The coaching situation could definately hurt them. And, yes, Napier will be missed as well. Alvin could have the same success. But if you live in Pike County, you know the idiots that run things in the Valley area, whoever they are, are not going to let this golden coaching opporunity go without putting in somebody who's owed a favor. Sad but true. I really like Johnny Alvin, but tradition says he doesn't have much of a chance. THe more I think and talk about sports in this area, the more I want to scream.
eaglehoops Wrote:Okay, I'm really confused! Who is the current SV coach and why is he quitting?

the coach was greg napier and the assistant was johnny alvin...but napier is no longer coaching because he accepted a job with the state!!
If SV don't hire Johnny Alvin they will have missed a good coach. Who do they think was the brains on the bench? Napier? NO! The girls love Johnny and think he is an excellent coach. THey say he knows alot about the game. DOn't get me wrong Napier is a good coach but Johnny had the know how. Napier knows softball and Johnny knows basketball. The chemistry is there between johnny and the girls leave a good thing alone for the sake of the girls. When it comes down to it they don't care about the kids, only who they need to return the favor too. "POLITICS" what a shame.
I agree with what you are saying in Pike County.The more you win the less they respect you.Many great coaches have fall victims to good old politics,the games that are played is crazy!
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Nape will be missed at Valley. Whoever replaces him has some very LARGE shoes to fill, he was one of the best coaches ever in the 15th.

He did a good job, but coaching for two years does not qualify for one of the best ever. As a matter of fact, wasn't his first year something like 16-14? True, he had a great year last year, but that is a long way from being one of the best ever in the 15th.
He was voted best coach in the 15th region.
ky fan when he took over 2 years ago they where 5 and 12 going 11-4 the rest of the season. Greg was a good fit for the program, but does this mean he is not coaching softball as well since he took the new job?
SVLadiesFan Wrote:He was voted best coach in the 15th region.

I'm not saying he is not a good coach. He most definitely is. I just think it is a stretch to call someone who has coached for two years one of the best ever.
All I ask is who ever is hired as girl's basketball coach, just give them a chance. Put all the rumors aside and sent your kids to camp with the team this summer and see if all those rumors aren't false. I don't think you parents will be disappointed. Give it a chance and see what happens. I think we are in the position to do something special so lets keep our talent together and it will pay off. Just give the new coach a chance and I'm sure the kids will be happy. It is time for the lady warriors to dominate, so lets stick together and it will be pay back time. GO LADT WARRIORS!!! YOUR #1 FAN.
Good post!
Couldn't have said it better myself. The parents at ER have realized all the negative stuff about the new coach was not true and now they know who it was coming from and why.
Good Luck Lady Warriors on your new coach and on a winning season.
HotShot5 Wrote:Couldn't have said it better myself. The parents at ER have realized all the negative stuff about the new coach was not true and now they know who it was coming from and why.
Good Luck Lady Warriors on your new coach and on a winning season.

Rodney Rowe will be named the head coach at Shelby Valley in the next week or so.
hootie Wrote:Rodney Rowe will be named the head coach at Shelby Valley in the next week or so.

rodney is officially the head coach at valley.... i wish him the best and am thinking he will be a good coach for these girls... good luck rodney!!!
hootie Wrote:Rodney Rowe will be named the head coach at Shelby Valley in the next week or so.

Congrats Shelby Valley on the great hire. I always enjoyed watching Rodney's teams play.
Is this offical?I have heard this is only a rumor!I f true good to him and the ladycats.
It's a done deal !!!
When did Coach Napier Resign?
HotShot5 Wrote:When did Coach Napier Resign?

Greg is taking a job with the state education cabinet in Frankfort, I am told.
meganwillis10 Wrote:ky fan when he took over 2 years ago they where 5 and 12 going 11-4 the rest of the season. Greg was a good fit for the program, but does this mean he is not coaching softball as well since he took the new job?

Correction.....when Napier took over 2 years ago they were 5-5. They finished the season going 4-11. Those 4 wins coming against Allen Central, Belfry and the 2 wins in the District tourney.
Does anyone know if Belfry and Pike Central are having any coach changes, with so many changes in the 15th I was just wondering. when you stop and think about it there will be alot of new coaches next season in girls ball.
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:Does anyone know if Belfry and Pike Central are having any coach changes, with so many changes in the 15th I was just wondering. when you stop and think about it there will be alot of new coaches next season in girls ball.
Bucher applied for SC and its his if he wants it from what I understand. I know for a fact he applied. But we will see if he takes it or not. Would be interesting I think he is from Martin County isn't he.
From what I know Belfry will be the same. Unless PCC would offer and she wanted to go home, but honestly I think she is content were she is at.
I had heard the same thing about Butcher ,But I heard that Tussey was coming back to coach at Pike Central
btw, If he is leaving pc why would he be going to 5 camps with the girls this summer and having practice with them and talking about next year. and he just bought a new house.
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:btw, If he is leaving pc why would he be going to 5 camps with the girls this summer and having practice with them and talking about next year. and he just bought a new house.
I dont know if he is or not but it isnt rumor of him applying for the job but fact.
As far as Tussey I dont know, that would be jumping the gun, he hasnt took the job just applied. I just wonder what his interest level is, you know its higher than some would think for him to apply.
I Was Told............. Their Trying To Get Rid Of Butcher, And Alot Of The Girls Said If They Do , They Will Not Play. So I Guess We Will Have To Wait And See What Happens Next.
he is from johnson county went to JCHS. why would you want to go to SC? you have to be crazy to leave PCC

Belfry Wins Wrote:Bucher applied for SC and its his if he wants it from what I understand. I know for a fact he applied. But we will see if he takes it or not. Would be interesting I think he is from Martin County isn't he.
From what I know Belfry will be the same. Unless PCC would offer and she wanted to go home, but honestly I think she is content were she is at.
valleyrules101 Wrote:he is from johnson county went to JCHS. why would you want to go to SC? you have to be crazy to leave PCC

I don't think that he actually has a choice thanks to politics as usual in Pike County. Can you say "PINK SLIP" and not re-hired after taking a team to the Final Four?