Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Summer Transfers
RingKing Wrote:AAU is a mess. I'm not sure how any college coaches get anything out of it. Harlan's girl is d1 but I really disagree that all KY Premier girls are all D1 bound. It's about which parents can pay it out..

Completely agree. A lot of colleges will suffer if these are the recruits they sign. Being the best player means nothing anymore.
RingKing Wrote:AAU is a mess. I'm not sure how any college coaches get anything out of it. Harlan's girl is d1 but I really disagree that all KY Premier girls are all D1 bound. It's about which parents can pay it out..

So you are saying the college coaches who offer these kids are just offering the kids that pay to play?

If you play any big time AAU you pay to play one way or another. These tourneys are not free. Who would you suggest pay for the entries and travel expenses? Its been awhile since I was traveling like this, but I can tell you 8-10 years ago it was not cheap. One of my friends AAU team in Michigan is 2500-3200 a year just to play the schedule they play.

Im not real sure you understand how this works. I am not saying anything bad about anyone, just you do not understand. I can tell by your evaluations of players you do not need to leave your day job.

Plus its easy to slam AAU when you dont participate. Thats why the offers are very few. Nobody cares if you can score 25 a game against mountain kids. They care if you can do it against the best in America and until you prove that you will not get many offers.
The EBYL Kentucky Premier girls will play D-1. Most of them are already committed to D-1 schools. I have seen that bunch in game action and they are darn good. And my guess is the Premier teams directly under their EBYL team have many girls that will play D-1 and D-2.
Maroons Wrote:So you are saying the college coaches who offer these kids are just offering the kids that pay to play?

If you play any big time AAU you pay to play one way or another. These tourneys are not free. Who would you suggest pay for the entries and travel expenses? Its been awhile since I was traveling like this, but I can tell you 8-10 years ago it was not cheap. One of my friends AAU team in Michigan is 2500-3200 a year just to play the schedule they play.

Im not real sure you understand how this works. I am not saying anything bad about anyone, just you do not understand. I can tell by your evaluations of players you do not need to leave your day job.

Plus its easy to slam AAU when you dont participate. Thats why the offers are very few. Nobody cares if you can score 25 a game against mountain kids. They care if you can do it against the best in America and until you prove that you will not get many offers.

Woah. Struck a nerve there. AAU is a mess.. when it's ok to score 15 when you take 30 shot attempts..thats not organized basketball in anyway.. or what if you average 4 or 5 pts against those "mountain kids" during season but play ky premier aau???? Are you a d1 player? The answer is no.
There are a lot of different Kentucky Premier teams from what I understand, but the top two are loaded. I'd like to know who is averaging 4-5 points against mountain teams.

http://www.harlandaily.com/sports/20641/...ky-premier