Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 2016
UpYours Wrote:Has anyone else heard that Coach Hager is leaving also?
I have heard he was going back to Sheldon Clark after school is over!
Must be pretty bad if he is looking to get out after one year!!
I do not in anyway see him going back to Sheldon Clark.
Has this been verified? Hager is looking to leave after 1 season? Or is this just rumor and message board gossip?
What in the world is going on in Prestonsburg? I am hearing about another up and coming player, who is transferring out of the program. The way things are going, I'm not sure how competitive Prestonsburg will be this coming year. As far as Hager, I don't see him going anywhere, unless he is offered a head coaching job. Plus, he seems to be doing pretty well with the baseball team this year. I hope John and James can get everything straightened out, but as of right now, the future doesn't look too bright!!
Cat Daddy Wrote:What in the world is going on in Prestonsburg? I am hearing about another up and coming player, who is transferring out of the program. The way things are going, I'm not sure how competitive Prestonsburg will be this coming year. As far as Hager, I don't see him going anywhere, unless he is offered a head coaching job. Plus, he seems to be doing pretty well with the baseball team this year. I hope John and James can get everything straightened out, but as of right now, the future doesn't look too bright!!

Definately sounds like trouble. Who's the young man transferring?
Im guessing I may know who the "up and comer' is..IF its the same one he isn't/wasnt transferring because of anything to do with the program but if and again I say IF its him his mom is mad as all get out over the way things have been since the admin found out he is transferring..She made a lengthy and somewhat agitated(rightly so) post about it on facebook my wife read to me..She even asked people to "please share it"(the only reason Im allowing myself to mention it here) she was pretty upset but Ill not get into all that..
Basically she said they were moving for family reasons and now her son and her have been getting some pretty bad negative attention from the school admin because of it..
Blacksmith Wrote:Im guessing I may know who the "up and comer' is..IF its the same one he isn't/wasnt transferring because of anything to do with the program but if and again I say IF its him his mom is mad as all get out over the way things have been since the admin found out he is transferring..She made a lengthy and somewhat agitated(rightly so) post about it on facebook my wife read to me..She even asked people to "please share it"(the only reason Im allowing myself to mention it here) she was pretty upset but Ill not get into all that..
Basically she said they were moving for family reasons and now her son and her have been getting some pretty bad negative attention from the school admin because of it..

I believe we are talking about the same kid who is moving to Pikeville. My question is, why is the administration giving this kid and his mother a hard time over moving? Things happen, people take other jobs, or leave for other reasons, out of their control. Life isn't all about football, or sports in general. Personally, this type of behavior, is destroying a once proud football program.
I have read the Facebook posts of the parent involved. I have seen her story. I don't know if the administration is doing all she claims or not, but this I do know. The administration better be praying to God Almighty that nothing happens to that kid before the end of the year. If any students beat the kid up, haze him, bully him, or anything like that and the administration is even seen as remotely being part of the cause for it, it will be an ugly, ugly, ugly day for all parties involved.
Your right, she said she has been documenting everything. Phone calls and all..If what they say is true she has every right to be furious and if it were me Id not be letting it slide either..
So who is the player that is supposedly going to Pikeville, position, & grade....let us out of town folks in on the secret?????
Cat Daddy Wrote:What in the world is going on in Prestonsburg? I am hearing about another up and coming player, who is transferring out of the program. The way things are going, I'm not sure how competitive Prestonsburg will be this coming year. As far as Hager, I don't see him going anywhere, unless he is offered a head coaching job. Plus, he seems to be doing pretty well with the baseball team this year. I hope John and James can get everything straightened out, but as of right now, the future doesn't look too bright!!

Baseball has mercied 12 of their 18 wins. I wouldn't say that is a success. I call that a very weak schedule.
P-Burg will rebound and be fine!
Like Sheldon Clark or Breathitt County?
Does anyone know who Prestonsburg is playing? I think I'm missing the first three games.

PRESTONSBURG
8/19/2016
8/26/2016
9/2/2016
9/9/2016
9/16/2016 A HAZARD
9/23/2016 A SHELBY VALLEY
9/30/2016 A EAST RIDGE
10/7/2016 A LESLIE COUNTY
10/14/2016 H ALLEN CENTRAL
10/21/2016 H BETSY LAYNE
10/28/2016 A LAWRENCE COUNTY
jgrlzz Wrote:Does anyone know who Prestonsburg is playing? I think I'm missing the first three games.

PRESTONSBURG
8/19/2016
8/26/2016 H South Floyd
9/2/2016 H Phelps
9/9/2016 H Jenkins
9/16/2016 A HAZARD
9/30/2016 A EAST RIDGE
10/21/2016 H BETSY LAYNE

I give them the edge at home. Toss up if on the road. Confusednicker::moon:
Did Phelps break their contract with Van, WV and Jenkins with Allen Central?
No
Who and where is Prestonsburg playing on September 2nd and 9th?
Am hearing rumors of BIG and FAR REACHING changes in store for Prestonsburg on June 1.

Don't know if I believe them, or at least the detail with which the rumor was told to me, but we'll see in 8 days.
cat86 Wrote:Am hearing rumors of BIG and FAR REACHING changes in store for Prestonsburg on June 1.

Don't know if I believe them, or at least the detail with which the rumor was told to me, but we'll see in 8 days.

While attending last night's 57th District Tournament in Magoffin Co, I also heard a BIG rumor regarding the Blackcats. Would definitely be a surprise if true.
cat86 Wrote:Am hearing rumors of BIG and FAR REACHING changes in store for Prestonsburg on June 1.

I've also heard it's to little to late and those that planned on going elsewhere are still going elsewhere. Henry has allowed to much for far to long and most see him ultimately responsible. "Attitude reflects leadership, captain".
UpYours Wrote:I've also heard it's to little to late and those that planned on going elsewhere are still going elsewhere. Henry has allowed to much for far to long and most see him ultimately responsible. "Attitude reflects leadership, captain".

If what I've heard is true, it is out of Henry's hands.

And, sadly, everything you say is true...
Does anyone know who the Blackcats are playing?
cat86 Wrote:If what I've heard is true, it is out of Henry's hands.

And, sadly, everything you say is true...

Then that's why something is finally getting done.
UpYours Wrote:I give them the edge at home. Toss up if on the road. Confusednicker::moon:

Prestonsburg don't play south Floyd, phelps or Jenkins
jgrlzz Wrote:Does anyone know who Prestonsburg is playing? I think I'm missing the first three games.

PRESTONSBURG
8/19/2016
8/26/2016
9/2/2016
9/9/2016
9/16/2016 A HAZARD
9/30/2016 A EAST RIDGE
10/21/2016 H BETSY LAYNE
Breathitt county, Sheldon Clark, pikeville and their bye week covers their schedule
big dawg, small yard Wrote:Breathitt county, Sheldon Clark, pikeville and their bye week covers their schedule
They bought out their game with Pikeville.
PHSForever Wrote:They bought out their game with Pikeville.
Nope. Never got anything from them. Game is still on.
Mastadon89 Wrote:Nope. Never got anything from them. Game is still on.
That is outstanding. Been too long of a rivalry game for it to have died out. Glad it is still on!