Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County @ Highlands
They're good. They're bad. They're good They're bad. It's now covered if they win or get beat. WIN: I told you this team has gotten better. Never underestimate a Highlands team. They made the adjustments during the season to make this run in the playoffs. LOSE: You got us on a down year. We just didn't have the athletes this year. And I'm surprised they got this far. We will be back.
Jaxkait Wrote:The Pulaski seniors have been beating this BG group since they were in 7th grade.I know BG beat them when they were sophomore's but BG had a good group of seniors that year! I have been paying attention enough to know HHS is not the same team they were at the beginning of the year! They had some Key injuries that they have back now! Like I said in an earlier post,PC will have to play their best Football to win!!! GO PC!!!!!!

Whitley County Middle School beat Bowling Green four years ago,and that means nothing in High School. Bowling Green will beat the winner of this game.
All I can say it sucks for Pulaski and bowling green to have Covington Catholic and ft thomas in 5 a my eagles are sure glad there gone for a couple years
You can't count them bluebirds out seems like they change gears come this time of year I believe the seniors are going to steep up play their heart out for highlands I guarantee not one of them wants to be remembered as the team that lost
bo67 Wrote:They're good. They're bad. They're good They're bad. It's now covered if they win or get beat. WIN: I told you this team has gotten better. Never underestimate a Highlands team. They made the adjustments during the season to make this run in the playoffs. LOSE: You got us on a down year. We just didn't have the athletes this year. And I'm surprised they got this far. We will be back.

Why don't you go and work on your next run for City Council now that there is a seat open? Your act gets old and tiring. According to your many posts, you were the best to ever play at Highlands, your teams were the best, your coaches were the best and the WR on the teams you coached were the best. We get it, a LEGEND in your own mind.

Take your grudge with Brian Weinrich somewhere else and get some cream for your butt hurt and move it where someone might really care about what you have to say.
Shut up goon BUTT some of what you say is true. Take a hike ass clown. My last post hit the honesty nerve. Cause that's exactly how it will be played out.
I love it when a plan comes together. Make people cry. Waaaah. Nothing intimates me or do words bother me. Never has. Never will. So type until your finger falls off. I sit and laugh. It's comical. I show your posts to others. They laugh with me. They say WOW. You really have them going. I say. That's the goal. I'm sure Mr Coach had liked my emails throughout the season too . Believe me. I haven't been talking behind his back.
Boy Bo Bo, a man of big words that hasn't a clue. You or anything about you was the best at anything except in your own mind which is obviously slipping away quickly. You really got it going.

You ever think do do bird that I simply enjoy continuing to poke at you like a pin cushion. It would appear from your many posts on this website that you like to talk to yourself quite a bit.

I certainly am not crying over anything you say nor do I care what you say. Lastly, I have no desire to be intimate with you. You obviously struggled with the English language at Highlands now didn't you?
Yeah big mouth. You're right about everything. There's no justification for morons. Quit trying to be more than you are. I never said I was best at anything. But I just tried harder than most. Not all. But most. Ask Alex Veneman who made him what he turned into. Better still. Ask his mom. If I made a difference in just 1 (one) young man it was all worth while. Hey. I have failed or made mistakes. But I learned from them. I tutor for free if you're interested.
Pulaski played horrible at Bourbon, back up QB threw a million INTs and had to bring in 3rd string QB because QB1 was injured.

NL ran at will last week, dominated Time of Possession and Pulaski couldn't field a Kick Off...Pulaski was the 2nd best team on the field for 3/4ths of the game.

I'm not sure why Pulaski is even wasting the gas to drive up and play a Highlands team that has looked so dominant in their last 7 games and in all 8 of their wins this season.

Highlands has 8 wins over 6 teams this season with a combined W/L record of 16-53...no wonder Highlands fans are so confidant the Bluebirds have turned it around after those early season beat downs. I'm not saying that Pulaski has played a murderers row of teams either...my point is 7 weeks ago Highlands fans were saying how bad this team was and some were saying that BW wasn't the right man to be the coach and then they go on a run that everyone could have predicted looking at the schedule and closed with a bunch of wins over a bunch of horrible teams and suddenly some Highlands Fans have Beer Muscles.

It's high school football played by teenage boys and anything could happen...but if Pulaski doesn't win going away they need to hang their heads in embarrassment...not for the great season they have had but for losing to a team that just isn't that good.

I know everyone will pile on this post but I fully expect and have expected for the last several weeks that Pulaski could very well run the clock on Highlands...if Coach Hines doesn't come in tight and play too conservatively (which is a distinct possibility)Pulaski wins easily.

42-21 with Highlands scoring late to make it look respectable.
A lot of truth there Jumper Dad. But I don't know anything. You can post facts. But heaven forbid if I do.
bo67 Wrote:A lot of truth there Jumper Dad. But I don't know anything. You can post facts. But heaven forbid if I do.

Post all you want...I've not read this entire thread

If you posted facts then more power to you, I'd rather read facts than opinions even though I also gave my opinion in my post.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Post all you want...I've not read this entire thread

If you posted facts then more power to you, I'd rather read facts than opinions even though I also gave my opinion in my post.

I will give you some "facts" that may help fill in the gaps a little. The QB struggled mightily to begin the season for several reasons, but the biggest was simply a lack of snaps taken at the varsity level. Now has 13 games under his belt and has shown marked improvement over the last several weeks.

A few receivers missed 3 to 5 games early in the season and they are now back. Both of these guys were starters and major contributors at the position last year. Because of them being hurt, several younger kids were given an opportunity to play and thus there is increased depth at the position.

The offensive line underwent some changes because of injury. Starting tackle from last year missed several games toward the end of the season and another senior was thrust into action and has thrived. A sophomore took over at a guard position in game 2 or 3 and now has a dozen games under his belt and is no longer playing like a sophomore. The 2 injured guys are back now and thus provide additional depth that was not there previously.

Running back has been pretty good all year, but has really strutted his stuff over the last 3 plus games. A lot of that success has resulted from not only his running ability but the fact that the line is now healthy and the passing game has gotten more efficient.

On defense, numerous personnel changes were made a week before the bye week. Some kids that were simply not varsity football players are now either playing special teams or watching from the sidelines.

Special teams have been solid all year except for a few bad snaps on punts. Kicker is perfect on PAT's and 10 of 15 field goals.

Many can argue that the schedule was weaker which would be true, but the manner in which this team has defeated its opponents over the last 5 or so weeks speaks volumes. The first CovCath and Dixie games were competitive and the second time around not so much.

Not sure what people you refer to as flexing their 'beer' muscles, but I would be shocked if this game is not decided in the 4th quarter. Both teams have playoff experience and the team that is able to force mistakes by the other team is going to come out victorious.

As for predictions, I never make them because it is nearly impossible to determine how high school kids will react in these situations. Good luck to both teams and safe travels to the Maroon team and fans.
The Beer Muscles that I am alluding to is the confidence that Highlands fans have suddenly found after Highlands beat a bunch of stiffs the last few weeks.

Some fans are grounded and realize in private that this team really isn't that good, but many are delusional and think they are the same old dominant Bluebirds of past seasons.

As stated anything can happen with a bunch of High School kids...
Jumper Dad Wrote:The Beer Muscles that I am alluding to is the confidence that Highlands fans have suddenly found after Highlands beat a bunch of stiffs the last few weeks.

Some fans are grounded and realize in private that this team really isn't that good, but many are delusional and think they are the same old dominant Bluebirds of past seasons.

As stated anything can happen with a bunch of High School kids...

And a lot of fans are like me and still think this HHS team is not very good but on same playing field as PC. The have no wins to prove otherwise. They just got past NL who lost to Montgomery co. That team lost to
Dixie, a team Highlands put running clock on twice. PC might blow Highlands away, but nothing on paper shows that. I like there chances at home. would not be surprised with anything that happens Friday.
And unless you have been following all of highlands games, I would see how it would be hard to believe it has changed that much since first half of year, but there has been big change. I know several COV CATH fans and first thing they said after playoff game was, that is not the same team we saw first go around.
Hopefully this BAD team of kids shows up ready to play. Some of the so-called faithful simply crack me up with the "not very good" crap. What in the sam heck do you want? Every team does not have to be 15-0, 14-1 or 13-2 to be successful. The fact is this team is a state semi-finalist no matter how you want to slice the cake. Good thing the players and coaches do not have the same pee-poor attitude of some of the so-called fans.
Highlands may fool everyone. They seem to have a hard on for wanting to play BG. They would have to win this one to be able to. Don't forget, they are HIGHLANDS.
If Pulaski is as good as a lot of folks are carrying on about they win by a couple scores.

Highlands has rekindled the bluebird torch and has momentum. If Pulaski can kick the birds in the beak early and keep their feet on highlands throats....I like their chances.

If Pulaski doesn't take care of the football Highlands will win. If the ran can hold off I'll attend this one prior to enjoying the 1A classic between the villes!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
When I heard HHS was moving to 5A. Before the season started I said they would have to go through Pulaski County and Bowling Green to win state. Well. They are at that door step.
Pulaski 27
Highlands 21
Spirit100 Wrote:If Pulaski is as good as a lot of folks are carrying on about they win by a couple scores.
Highlands has rekindled the bluebird torch and has momentum. If Pulaski can kick the birds in the beak early and keep their feet on highlands throats....I like their chances.

If Pulaski doesn't take care of the football Highlands will win. If the ran can hold off I'll attend this one prior to enjoying the 1A classic between the villes!!!

You are spot on!
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley County Middle School beat Bowling Green four years ago,and that means nothing in High School. Bowling Green will beat the winner of this game.

Northern Pulaski beat Whitley in the championship game that year 50-14. They scored because Pulaski let them score. I would anticipate a similar score if played this year.
Does anyone know if this game will be streamed online today?
This is a possible outcome. Dougherty kicks a field goal with less than a minute to play. And HHS wins by 2.
bo67 Wrote:This is a possible outcome. Dougherty kicks a field goal with less than a minute to play. And HHS wins by 2.

Sounds good to me. And quite possible. FTH is the only government school I support. Maybe it is because it has so many traits of a private school.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Does anyone know if this game will be streamed online today?
I was able to find the following:

Today’s Pulaski County-Highlands game will be on the radio with Paul Wright, Mike Kerr, and Dwayne Clark delivering the coverage on WFSC 1240 AM and iHeartMedia. For updates and scores from tonight’s game, be sure to check out The Commonwealth Journal’s Facebook page and on Twitter, via the handle @cjsportseditor.
source: http://www.somerset-kentucky.com/sports/...e5309.html

Here is a link to the iheartmedia station - I am currently listening to sports talk and hope the game is broadcast later.

http://www.iheart.com/live/fox-sports-1240am-wsfc-5232/

Maroons win if - score early and often
Birds win if - can keep Maroons potent offense off the field

Looks like a classic in the making to me. Good luck to both teams - may the team who plays best today and leaves it all on the field win.
Go PC!
Pulaski should be able to beat the worst Highlands team in more than a decade but they will need to play much better than they have been playing recently.
Pregame is on - currently talking to Coach Hines of Pulaski.

http://www.iheart.com/live/fox-sports-1240am-wsfc-5232/
Listening to Pulaski coach. Their whole team isn't 100%. They all have something wrong. Backs, shoulders, ankles and wrists.
7-0 HHS 2min into the 1st