Poll: Who wins Ashland or Raceland
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
67.39%
Raceland
32.61%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#2 Raceland @ #4 Ashland 8/28
Paper didn't mention Thomas kid at all and he looks quick.
What were the questions and what were the answers?
Asked him how good can we be. He said this is the most talent he has every coached in High School.
Asked him about QB. He told me Ratliff is combination of the 2 is a playmaker and give us the best chance to WIN.
Asked him about the Defense. He said Love told him this can be the Best Defensive team he has been apart of since he has been here. Few other things also about the D that I won't mention on here.
Asked about Offense. OL is looking good and with the stable of backs and playmakers we should be scary good and a nightmare for opposing Defenses.
Orange Blaze Wrote:Anyone who has watched Quinten at a track meet knows that his speed is the real deal. This past spring he won the 2A state title with a 10.7 in the100 meter dash which is insanely fast at the high school level. If anyone lets him have just a little bit of open space on the field this year then they might as well stop running and watch him go.

Well, You'd know a little something about speed Blaze. What was your best 40 and 100 meter time back in the day? You weren't a turtle yourself!
Quinton going to break a lot of Arliss Beaches records this season.
What are Q's number's up to this point?
Shouldn't the coach that you talked to have been at practice?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Well, You'd know a little something about speed Blaze. What was your best 40 and 100 meter time back in the day? You weren't a turtle yourself!

Scotty while I can appreciate the complement, I'm pretty sure Baker would have made me look like a turtle lol. This kid is a complete athlete who has the potential to be great after he leaves Ashland. The thing that impresses me the most about him is how he carries himself. As talented as he is you do not hear him brag about it and he is very respectful towards adults which is a rare quality amongst kids these days.
washed up Wrote:Shouldn't the coach that you talked to have been at practice?
Yep was headed that way.:Thumbs:
Rushing yards Baker 4258 Beach 4711
Total yards. Baker 4629 Beach 5073
Points scored Baker 356 Beach 426
Jason Nichols I believe holds the single game record with 390 yards against Ironton
Are those regular season records?
Orange Blaze Wrote:Scotty while I can appreciate the complement, I'm pretty sure Baker would have made me look like a turtle lol. This kid is a complete athlete who has the potential to be great after he leaves Ashland. The thing that impresses me the most about him is how he carries himself. As talented as he is you do not hear him brag about it and he is very respectful towards adults which is a rare quality amongst kids these days.

Q and his dad are good people. Ur only second to Jennings in terms of players ive been on the field with.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Are those regular season records?

:1: Not sure Scotty but guessing that's all games together.
Always_A_Lion Wrote:Slic Ric, do yourself a favor and read people's entire post, not just the last sentence. You come off looking very ignorant with your reply to my post. Everyone, not just Raceland seem to think they are the only team to improve since last season. As for11players on the field, Messer carried the other 10. I watched Raceland 3times laser year, only once did out look like he had any real help.

I read your entire post and I still disagree. No more ignorant than your statement about questioning weather Ashland sat around idle. Of course they didn't ... neither did Raceland or any other team. I am just saying I don't agree with your opinion that Raceland couldn't be a better overall "team" this year despite the loss of Messer and some other players. To say Messer carried the other 10 players was ignorant. I watched them 14 times, so I know what they did and did not do. I'll give you an example of my point Lion. Russell's 2004 football team by all counts was loaded and a State Championship contender with Josh Gross & Company, but got hammered by Belfry 39-17. No one thought they would lose, and no one also thought that they would be strong in 2005 with losses of key players (Gross included), but their overall team played well as a unit and had great chemistry with Clark & Company and won the 2A Title.

I am just saying that the RAMS could be better as a team overall this year. We will see after the Ashland game where they stand and what things need to be worked on because Ashland will be a big measuring stick.
I agree With Slic. I believe Raceland has an overall better team as a whole than Last year. Unless you've been down in Buffalo Bills well the past 3 years you should know what "Q" can do. Well all know what Raceland lost but you don't need D-1 players to have a good ball team. It greatly helps but sometimes you pull the lever down on the football slot machine and you strike it rich with no aces in your lineup. Just a row of hearts.
Every year at this time we are told how this is Ashland's year. How all the pieces are in place, how they're gonna win the district and return to the glory years and each year it always ends the same. Reminds me of the boy who cried wolf.
Ramcat77 Wrote:Every year at this time we are told how this is Ashland's year. How all the pieces are in place, how they're gonna win the district and return to the glory years and each year it always ends the same. Reminds me of the boy who cried wolf.

The above statement could easily be changed to:

Every year at this time we are told how this is Raceland's year. How all the pieces are in place, how they're gonna make it to state and create some glory years and each year it always ends the same. Reminds me of the boy who cried wolf.
If I am not mistaken the last regional final appearance came in a year they lost to Raceland. It will be a good game but in the long run it will have no bearing on the playoffs.
nekysportsfan Wrote:The above statement could easily be changed to:

Every year at this time we are told how this is Raceland's year. How all the pieces are in place, how they're gonna make it to state and create some glory years and each year it always ends the same. Reminds me of the boy who cried wolf.

At least we have an "every year at this time"
T-CATS Wrote:Reading up on the CATS Baker 15 pounds heavier and at the Best of the Midwest Combine in Indianapolis ran a 4.29 40 and received MVP honor.

I saw Backer run down the Fastest Russell player in Nick Conley. I was shocked at how fast he is. He is the fastest H/S player I have ever seen. I think that Baker is a legit Mr. Football candidate but will be over looked by the Louisville gang.
nekysportsfan Wrote:The above statement could easily be changed to:

Made it to state semis the last two years, where's Ashland been?
Slic Ric Wrote:I read your entire post and I still disagree. No more ignorant than your statement about questioning weather Ashland sat around idle. Of course they didn't ... neither did Raceland or any other team. I am just saying I don't agree with your opinion that Raceland couldn't be a better overall "team" this year despite the loss of Messer and some other players. To say Messer carried the other 10 players was ignorant. I watched them 14 times, so I know what they did and did not do. I'll give you an example of my point Lion. Russell's 2004 football team by all counts was loaded and a State Championship contender with Josh Gross & Company, but got hammered by Belfry 39-17. No one thought they would lose, and no one also thought that they would be strong in 2005 with losses of key players (Gross included), but their overall team played well as a unit and had great chemistry with Clark & Company and won the 2A Title.

I am just saying that the RAMS could be better as a team overall this year. We will see after the Ashland game where they stand and what things need to be worked on because Ashland will be a big measuring stick.

Russell 2002 was best team in last 15 years. 2004 team was second best. They just ran into really good team in Breathitt and Belfry. 2002 had a 21-6 lead with 10 minutes to go and basically let it slip through their hands.
Fred Sanford Wrote:Russell 2002 was best team in last 15 years. 2004 team was second best. They just ran into really good team in Breathitt and Belfry. 2002 had a 21-6 lead with 10 minutes to go and basically let it slip through their hands.

I agree. I was at that game and it was heart breaking. Breathitt went on to beat Corbin 60-0 or something like that to win the state championship. Justin Haddix could throw the ball a country mile. He was the real deal.

Opps I forgot Raceland Ashland thread.
Ramcat77 Wrote:Made it to state semis the last two years, where's Ashland been?

From what I've seen, Ashland has been beating Raceland for the last 7 years.
Ramcat77 Wrote:Made it to state semis the last two years, where's Ashland been?
Getting beat by FTH. Raceland I hope goes on and wins the 1A Title this season but don't talk about semi- finals and how much farther you went in the playoffs when you haven't won crap.:Thumbs:
If the rams had better players playing behind messer and the other sr. They would have played them last year. And if they had better players than messer they would be referred to as defending 1a champion's right now. Messer was the best athlete in the area the last 2 years. Raceland will be no where near as good at the skilled positions as they were last year.
dawg fan Wrote:If the rams had better players playing behind messer and the other sr. They would have played them last year. And if they had better players than messer they would be referred to as defending 1a champion's right now. Messer was the best athlete in the area the last 2 years. Raceland will be no where near as good at the skilled positions as they were last year.

Layed a butt kicking out in Louisa if I remember correctly ! ! ! ! Messer along with a few seniors and these Preseason 1A #2 ranked bunch of scrubs that could very well hand out another one out down there again this year.
dawg fan Wrote:If the rams had better players playing behind messer and the other sr. They would have played them last year. And if they had better players than messer they would be referred to as defending 1a champion's right now. Messer was the best athlete in the area the last 2 years. Raceland will be no where near as good at the skilled positions as they were last year.

I suppose we should just pack it up and cancel the season this year because Connor graduated. Yes Raceland lost some good players but they are also bringing back some good players who can fill some of the holes lost in graduation. I realize that you don't just replace a talented athlete like Connor but that is why football is a team sport. I am very confident that this team will have a successful year and they will surprise a lot of doubters.
Orange Blaze Wrote:I suppose we should just pack it up and cancel the season this year because Connor graduated. Yes Raceland lost some good players but they are also bringing back some good players who can fill some of the holes lost in graduation. I realize that you don't just replace a talented athlete like Connor but that is why football is a team sport. I am very confident that this team will have a successful year and they will surprise a lot of doubters.
No one doubts the Rams and they should go far this year. But win a title or 11 before you call out Ashland. Hope it's a good game Friday night but if Ashland plays their A game it's not even close.
To cool everyones jets a little, Ashland and Raceland have delt with virtually the same crap the last, who knows how many years. Outside of Ashland winning a title in 90, if you compare apples to Apples in the grand scheme of things, neither has been able to live up to lofty expectations and the countless times the statement "this is the year" has been said. Bith have ran into buzz saws on their way to either a title or at the least a title shot. For years Ashland had Johnson Central, Cov Cath and FTH. Raceland had Beechwood, NCC, and LCA. Ashland has a title, yes. But that was over 20 years ago. In the last 2 decades, by comparison, Ashland and Raceland are on the same level in their respective classes.

Down to this ball game again. My dad and i were talking and he said something i hadnt thought about. When looking at 2 solid programs from different classes, that on paper are only seperated by, say 1 or 2 touchdowns. You can just about throw everything but one factor out the window...DEPTH.

Ashkand has has the horses and studs to beat us before snd they have. But it was our lack of depth upfront that caused us to be gassed, cramp, and wear out late in the 2nd quarter snd late in the game. Imo, you dont see that this year and that in fact will be the difference maker. Make no mistake about it. Raceland is deep upfront and Raceland is good upfront. Its going to be a great game in a great atmosphere. But for now...im ready for West Carter and the Raceland Hall of Fame game tomorrow. GO RAMS
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next