•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class A Final 4
Do you know what the word assume means.
mysonis55 Wrote:Do you know what the word assume means.

it makes an A$$ of U and leaves ME out of it :biggrin:
mysonis55 Wrote:I have been around football since I was seven. I know what a wildcat offense is. You guys are fishing. I did not say nor suggest wildcat. I said a totally new offense. Totally different weapons and all. Honestly now that jv is done we can platoon the skill players much like Highlands does. You could see 4 rec come out for a play. After the play is over four more run out. The funny thing is there are about 4-5 that are in the Jordan Tyler range for speed. That's just part of what I'm talking about.

Other than a no back or a one back spread offense, the wildcat is the only thing you could be referring too? It'd be really difficult for you all to run a spread so I'm sticking with the latter. Nobody is fishing I don't think? It's just funny that you think their going to start running an offense they've never ran before late in the playoffs when they have nothing to gauge its success on? That would be a very irresponsible move by your coaching staff. Now if there are a couple plays they want to throw out there in certain situations to catch people off guard then okay, but I very seriously doubt its an entirely different offensive scheme other than what they've been successful at? Just doesn't make sense. Mayfield doesn't need to do that, unless of course the east really does have them nervous? Then it makes sense to me.
pjdoug Wrote:I was asking you to explain how Pikeville is anything like GreenevilleConfusederiously:

Lol! I don't know anything about Greenville to compare. That's why I ask you to follow up on your comment, because I would like to see the comparison.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Lol! I don't know anything about Greenville to compare. That's why I ask you to follow up on your comment, because I would like to see the comparison.

go down and watch the Green Devils play sometime lol
pjdoug Wrote:go down and watch the Green Devils play sometime lol

That's ok, I won't take your word for it . Easy to make a statement, but not always easy to back it up. LOL. :eyeroll:
baseball1974 Wrote:Other than a no back or a one back spread offense, the wildcat is the only thing you could be referring too? It'd be really difficult for you all to run a spread so I'm sticking with the latter. Nobody is fishing I don't think? It's just funny that you think their going to start running an offense they've never ran before late in the playoffs when they have nothing to gauge its success on? That would be a very irresponsible move by your coaching staff. Now if there are a couple plays they want to throw out there in certain situations to catch people off guard then okay, but I very seriously doubt its an entirely different offensive scheme other than what they've been successful at? Just doesn't make sense. Mayfield doesn't need to do that, unlessof course the east really does have them nervous? Then it makes sense to me.

Quite sure at this level of the season that if any team didnt have a sence of nervousness of their possible opponent, it could truly hinder the outcome . Over looking at that point in the season is deserving of a whippin..! Without a sence of fear, a bad dream could become reality real quick like for unsuspected opponent!
Its when one doesnt fear, when they are weakest.:truestory::trolldad:Confusederved:
So this point in the season and all the different fans of there team. How healthy is your team at the moment.
Raceland is at full strength in terms of health. They dressed everyone on their roster Friday against Nicholas.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Raceland is at full strength in terms of health. They dressed everyone on their roster Friday against Nicholas.

It's going to take everyone's "A Game" against raceland. If their firing on all cylinders by playoff time, they are going to give teams fits. They are definitely a sleeper with the potential to knock anyone off. Their skill players on both sides of the ball are just as good or better than anyone in 1A, and they could very easily have one of the best secondaries in 1A as well? If their lineman start playing lights out then it could get very interesting for them come playoff time?
No, I would say if anything Tyler is maybe a tenth of a second slower thru the forty if any. The others are right there as well. You all will see soon enough. Keep doubting. I like the shock factor when you do that.
Big Five-0- Wrote:That's ok, I won't take your word for it . Easy to make a statement, but not always easy to back it up. LOL. :eyeroll:

Greeneville is a Tennessee powerhouse. their only loss last year was to Fulton in state quarterfinals. Fulton won State Championship.
mysonis55 Wrote:No, I would say if anything Tyler is maybe a tenth of a second slower thru the forty if any. The others are right there as well. You all will see soon enough. Keep doubting. I like the shock factor when you do that.

There's nothing to doubt. I think you're confusing a few trick plays with an offensive scheme? If something were to happen to where you are vaguely correct, then it will be the reason they don't win another state championship.
mysonis55 Wrote:No, I would say if anything Tyler is maybe a tenth of a second slower thru the forty if any. The others are right there as well. You all will see soon enough. Keep doubting. I like the shock factor when you do that.

:thatsfunn
That will be decided on down the road.
Big Five-0- Wrote:That's ok, I won't take your word for it . Easy to make a statement, but not always easy to back it up. LOL. :eyeroll:

Greenville is one of the best programs in the state and have been for over 100 years. They have one of the best coaches in the state in Caine Ballard, who led them to back to back state championships in 2010 and 2011. They have a very rich tradition there. Their offense is very balanced and they have a QB that has the ability to take over any game at anytime he feels like it. Their defensive line is very good and they have one of the better linebackers in the state in Drew Patterson. They have won that conference every year Ballard has been there and are contenders every year in 4A. Earlier in the season they were ranked #2 in 4A, but their now at #4 after a season opening loss. However, the first four teams in that class are very similar and they all have a shot at winning a state title this year.
baseball1974 Wrote:Greenville is one of the best programs in the state and have been for over 100 years. They have one of the best coaches in the state in Caine Ballard, who led them to back to back state championships in 2010 and 2011. They have a very rich tradition there. Their offense is very balanced and they have a QB that has the ability to take over any game at anytime he feels like it. Their defensive line is very good and they have one of the better linebackers in the state in Drew Patterson. They have won that conference every year Ballard has been there and are contenders every year in 4A. Earlier in the season they were ranked #2 in 4A, but their now at #4 after a season opening loss. However, the first four teams in that class are very similar and they all have a shot at winning a state title this year.

Good post it will be A winnable, difficult game.
pjdoug Wrote:Pikeville will be nothing like Greeneville,TN:biglmao:

From Calpreps:

[SIZE=6][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=4][SIZE=1]neutral field
[2014] Pikeville (KY) 31, [2014] Greeneville (TN) 27

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
pjdoug Wrote:Greeneville is a Tennessee powerhouse. their only loss last year was to Fulton in state quarterfinals. Fulton won State Championship.

Ok. Thanks. :Thumbs:
jetpilot Wrote:From Calpreps:

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Greenville's offensive line is the reason they are a powerhouse team. Coach Ballard ran a spread offense for years and even won two state titles running the spread. However, he's a good enough coach to where he was able to look at his personnel and determine he needed to change things up. Don't get me wrong their QB, Quan Harrison, is a great passing quarterback and he has over 600 yards and no interceptions this year in the air, but he is also their best running option as well. After looking at his offensive line, that goes around 6'4" 6'4" 6'3" 6'2" and all range 260 lbs to 300 lbs, coach Ballard made a wise decision to base their offense around winning the line of scrimmage. It's been very successful and puts Harrison in a position to be a playmaker most plays. In almost every game this season their varsity is off the field after the first position of the second half. Their varsity is giving up less than 6 points a game on defense.
baseball1974 Wrote:It's going to take everyone's "A Game" against raceland. If their firing on all cylinders by playoff time, they are going to give teams fits. They are definitely a sleeper with the potential to knock anyone off. Their skill players on both sides of the ball are just as good or better than anyone in 1A, and they could very easily have one of the best secondaries in 1A as well? If their lineman start playing lights out then it could get very interesting for them come playoff time?

This Raceland team reminds me alot of Pikeville and Hazard in 2011. Experienced skill guys with a line that continued to develop through seasons end. Theres some good 1A ball in the east this year.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Ok. Thanks. :Thumbs:

You're welcome Smile
jetpilot Wrote:From Calpreps:

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

^ Confusednicker::dontthink
baseball1974 Wrote:Greenville is one of the best programs in the state and have been for over 100 years. They have one of the best coaches in the state in Caine Ballard, who led them to back to back state championships in 2010 and 2011. They have a very rich tradition there. Their offense is very balanced and they have a QB that has the ability to take over any game at anytime he feels like it. Their defensive line is very good and they have one of the better linebackers in the state in Drew Patterson. They have won that conference every year Ballard has been there and are contenders every year in 4A. Earlier in the season they were ranked #2 in 4A, but their now at #4 after a season opening loss. However, the first four teams in that class are very similar and they all have a shot at winning a state title this year.

good commentary.
pjdoug Wrote:^ Confusednicker::dontthink

:yawn:
jetpilot Wrote::yawn:

Confusederiously:
So how healthy is everyone else besides Raceland. Glad to hear they are healthy...
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Williamsburg needs to start giving Massey more carries. They are going to need to do so if they plan on getting past the semis. Raceland and Pikeville both play very balanced defense and dont have to get out of their base D very often and both are very good against the pass. The Jackets have been successful this year. Hell, They are better than they were last year. But so is everyone else. They need to start getting a good run game going. Massey is too good to only be getting 6-10 carries a game.

Scotty we onley play 1 quarter. defense always keeps the ball inside the other teams 40 and usually score.
Williamsburg has 1227 yards rushing and 1485 yards passing. They are much more balanced than in the past.
E's Army Wrote:Williamsburg has 1227 yards rushing and 1485 yards passing. They are much more balanced than in the past.
True. QB is the second leading rusher with just over 400 of those yards. They've not established Massey as a feature back, so I just don't know about them in a game in November when the ground game becomes necessary. Of course, they could be holding back, a la Mayfield.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next