Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 7 on 7 monday
TopCat Wrote:I think all the hot air moved to Bowling Green area??? J/K Confusednicker:

The weather has been amazing.

the air gets hotter west of Bowling GreenConfusednicker:
I'm afraid these guys are having it too easy. I think we will all see a bunch of crapping on the sidelines in the first 2-3 games of the season.
The best conditioning is doing 7-7
If they don't get hot and sweaty in practice, they will cramp up in games.
mysonis55 Wrote:If they don't get hot and sweaty in practice, they will cramp up in games.

if they are dehydrated from sweating and not consuming potassium they will too
mysonis55 Wrote:I'm afraid these guys are having it too easy. I think we will all see a bunch of crapping on the sidelines in the first 2-3 games of the season.
Kids need to start hydrating with water or sports drinks days before the game instead of drinking Mountain Dew or coors light...
ArchieAdams Wrote:Not be surprised if he is not taking snaps on Friday nights. Heard that from a birdy.

I would be shocked if this happened. That would mean the president of the boosters club son will get replaced at QB who happens to be a Taylor and a senior. No way that will happen. I also hear the freshmen is looking very good but you have to go with the senior. He should be much improved this year as well with the new coaching staff. I think Corbin finally has someone that can develop QBs.
OldJacket Wrote:Kids need to start hydrating with water or sports drinks days before the game instead of drinking Mountain Dew or coors light...

exactly right. most of em are syrup slurpers nowadays and dont know what water is :biglmao:
oldhound70s Wrote:I would be shocked if this happened. That would mean the president of the boosters club son will get replaced at QB who happens to be a Taylor and a senior. No way that will happen. I also hear the freshmen is looking very good but you have to go with the senior. He should be much improved this year as well with the new coaching staff. I think Corbin finally has someone that can develop QBs.

The guy who posted that may just be trying to get things "stirred up".
Just because someone has connections or is a senior, that should not dictate where or if they play. You gotta earn your spot or you should.
mysonis55 Wrote:Just because someone has connections or is a senior, that should not dictate where or if they play. You gotta earn your spot or you should.

I agree with you but this is still Corbin. Politics have not gone away. The best should always be on the field but you and I both know that doesn't always happen and I guarantee you there will not be a change at QB.
SEKYFAN Wrote:The guy who posted that may just be trying to get things "stirred up".

I agree
oldhound70s Wrote:I agree with you but this is still Corbin. Politics have not gone away. The best should always be on the field but you and I both know that doesn't always happen and I guarantee you there will not be a change at QB.

I agree with oldhound70s..100% Go Redhounds. :Cheerlead
I'll tell you guys one thing, The freshman QB is good right now and will be very good down the road. He is the kind of kid that you win Championships With. If he is the best? PLAY HIM.
Cellking Wrote:I'll tell you guys one thing, The freshman QB is good right now and will be very good down the road. He is the kind of kid that you win Championships With. If he is the best? PLAY HIM.

He is not only a very good QB, but an extremely gifted athlete. However, with that said Taylor is the better option right now. And high school football is a win now game, not a build for the future. I do think sizemore will get experience this year and has a bright future ahead of him.
These sorts of things usually work themselves out on their own . . . that is, if we "internet coaches" will allow the coach to perform his duties and base his decisions on the tangible, known quantities (i.e., practice and game performances) that he directly observes on an almost-daily basis.

No reasonable supporter would condemn Coach Haddix for going with the senior returning starter when the season starts. Thereafter, he certainly will continue to gather evidence and draw conclusions.
Corbin QB is really good, best that we have faced this summer .. Not for sure of his name, but coach Haddix said he was a senior ..
Taylor has played QB since little league and paid his dues, he deserves to start....but Taylor gets hurt, God forbid, they will have a great backup
These seniors are special......haven't a group this special since '90-'91. Only one kid is missing though. He is at South now.
Who would that kid be at south?
Cellking Wrote:I'll tell you guys one thing, The freshman QB is good right now and will be very good down the road. He is the kind of kid that you win Championships With. If he is the best? PLAY HIM.
The Sizemore kid is good, and one day will be a star. But as of right now, Taylor is the better QB and deserves to start.
redhound93 Wrote:These seniors are special......haven't a group this special since '90-'91. Only one kid is missing though. He is at South now.

Its not just one kid missing. Its about 10 kids missing.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Its not just one kid missing. Its about 10 kids missing.

and they went South but not to South Laurel.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Who would that kid be at south?

Rollins is the player at South Laurel that he was referring to. He was a very dominant lineman in middle school.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Its not just one kid missing. Its about 10 kids missing.

Did they transfer to other schools or just lost interest and quit playing?
Don Carlo Wrote:Did they transfer to other schools or just lost interest and quit playing?

Many transferred, some quit