Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 06-07
Dont you think you should let them get a second of high school varsity action before you say they are going to be the two biggest threats in the paint?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Dont you think you should let them get a second of high school varsity action before you say they are going to be the two biggest threats in the paint?

no i don't, but what and see what I'm telling you you'll be suprised
Are they even going to be starting? I think that Ashley might, but what about Taylor?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Justice is the heart and soul to that team as a FRESHMAN!
I agree with you playboy, he is a outstanding guard!
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Are they even going to be starting? I think that Ashley might, but what about Taylor?

Ashley may not even start. All depends. But they will both be good players.
It will be interesting to see who Booher starts. With Kyle coming back out this year, they certainly have a lot more options as far as different lineup looks. They could start Jake, Kyle, Ashley, Elisha, and Logan or they could start Jeremy Jackson in one of the guard spots and Taylor in one of the forward spots. They also have Jonah Justice and Toby Wright who will contribute some big minutes.

Personally, I think Elisha has to start though because he just takes so much pressure off of everyone else. You know with him in the game that you will have no trouble getting the ball down the floor. I also, think Jake has to start because he is their biggest scoring threat. Besides those two, I think the other 3 spots are up for grabs.

Valley has a lot of talent if they can just work together. The region should be up for grabs with them, Paintsville, Johnson Central, Pikeville, and maybe Belfry.

I can't wait for the season to start.
I can't either DortonWildcat5. Nothing like roundball time in the mountains!
Does Valley have any scrimmages this weekend?
Blue-White Scrimmage on Friday the 17th, Powell County at home on 21st, and Cawood at Cawood on the 25th...
What time is the Powell County game? I might go there to see if they are all they are hyped up to be. Good luck to SV in their scrimmages and games.
Don't know... the schedule says to be announced...
At this early point in the preseason, I think every team is hyped up just a little . . . not just SV.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:At this early point in the preseason, I think every team is hyped up just a little . . . not just SV.

I agree 100%
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:What time is the Powell County game? I might go there to see if they are all they are hyped up to be. Good luck to SV in their scrimmages and games.

Nov. 21st, Tuesday at 6:00 at SV
that should be a good game, but isnt all ball fun to watch?? Can't wait till next week
alfus21 Wrote:At least they didn't schedule Piarist and Jenkins like another team in the district. The schedule is fine, and much harder than any other one in the 59th, which will pay off in March.

Is someone callin Jenkins a push over??..If I remember correctly Jenkins had Valley down 25 at halftime last year at Shelby Valley!!..so looks like someone needs to find out what teams are pushovers in the 14th before they post stuff on here..lmaoConfusedhh:
Jenkins should be alright this year...i think it was a good game to schedule
Valley is going to win this game by 20+ points. Valley is going to crush Jenkins to when they play. No way will Powell Co. beat Valley on there home court.
let me guess...Oak Hill can't beat Valley...LMAO
In no means is Valley world beaters. They will compete for the top spot in the region. They do have some talent. Jacob Braynt Is one of the leaders of this team and one of there main scoring threats. Elisha Justice maybe the best defender in the region and he's young. He has tons of heart. Kyle Goodson could be the sleepper player in the region this year. He aint played in a while, but was really good at dorton. Ashley hatfield will provide a good enuff force in the paint to help the cats. Taylor Newsome will also step in and help the cats.
So Valley's first game is next TUES. @ home against powell co. What time will varsity boys play
See post #105, and it is only a scrimmage
Thanks foe telling me
So Valley plays Powell co tuesday,dont know much about them. But seing Valley played Friday tells me their going to get a WIN!!!
NYY10 Wrote:So Valley plays Powell co tuesday,dont know much about them. But seing Valley played Friday tells me their going to get a WIN!!!

Freshmen tip off at 6:00, followed by the Junior Varisty game and the Varsity game...Valley should get all 3 W's tomorrow night..

The starting 5 looks like this:
Guards: Rotation between Elijah Justice, Logan Bryant, and Jeremy Jackson
Forwards: Kyle Goodson and Jacob Bryant
Center: Ashley Hatfield
alfus21 Wrote:Not the toughest schedule in the region, but compared to most with the exception of Paintsville & Johnson Central their schedule is among the toughest in the Region.

Mason County, North Laurel, and Clay County are in the Perry County Central Classic which SV is in.

Leslie Co. which won 20 games last year is on the schedule, and taking some initiative to play Dunbar which should be a tough game. They scheduled Louisville Shawnee who should be much improved from last season.

Better schedule than most teams in the region(Except Paintsville & JC)
O bull, SV's schedule is alot weaker than paintsvilles and Johnson Centrals. They made it easy cause they cant beat anybody
PrimeRib Wrote:O bull, SV's schedule is alot weaker than paintsvilles and Johnson Centrals. They made it easy cause they cant beat anybody

You know, if the person you quoted hadn't said the teams with a stronger schedule than Valley were JC and Paintsville, I never would have known...
PrimeRib Wrote:O bull, SV's schedule is alot weaker than paintsvilles and Johnson Centrals. They made it easy cause they cant beat anybody

Why would you quote me saying something and then just repeat it? I said in my original post that Johnson Centrals and Paintsville's was stronger.

And do tell, why they can't beat anybody?
\

This quote alone tells me not to even bother trying to argue with you. You obviously can't even comprehend these posts on here, so you probably wouldn't understand it anyway.