•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2014
There is exactly what I'm talking about 64. Now you not only have multiple teams but even multiple teams in 1a. That's a sure fired way to have a winner.
HAROLD Wrote:Why in the Hell is Mayfield being talked about in a Corbin thread? I don't think Mayfield has been relevant to Corbin since the Hounds beat them for state. Let's get back to the Hounds.

Wrong the last time mayfield was relevant to corbin would be when mayfield beat corbin at state in 77, which was the last time they played. You are referring to 76.
HAROLD Wrote:Why in the Hell is Mayfield being talked about in a Corbin thread? I don't think Mayfield has been relevant to Corbin since the Hounds beat them for state. Let's get back to the Hounds.

Wrong the last time mayfield was relevant to corbin would be when mayfield beat corbin at state in 77, which was the last time they played. You are referring to 76. Not trying to hijack but get your facts straight, you lost last time you seen mayfield.
One thing about it Corbin fans, now that you have 64 on your side, your threads on here will grow.
TrueDawg Wrote:Heard from 1 of the parents that 1 administrator is with the team coaching, he was concerned Jewell would be re-joining the team b/c he re-signed due to the fact admin can't coach but they must have changed that policy? Personally I don't see Jewell getting back involved and think he was just joking around.

He did say the offense looked good and looked for big things from Sizemore at QB.

Tom Greer is now on the staff and that is a huge plus for the program. Greer brings a lot of experience to the staff that is loaded with some good young coaches. The kids are happy and loving coach Haddix and the new offense, parents are happy so things are going good. This team is loaded with talent biggest surprise is Carter a sophomore kid has jets, A.J. Moore has shown he can catch the ball, Powers has been impressive especially with his speed, Engle is being looked at by UK 6'4" 315 lbs, the Reedy boys are all good athletes and etc. About 75-80 kids out and working hard, I can't wait till the season starts. Sizemore (freshman) will be a great QB at about 6'1" 210 lbs he throws a pretty ball, but as of now Taylor (senior) is the qb.and () may be the difference.
1/4bak Wrote:Tom Greer is now on the staff and that is a huge plus for the program. Greer brings a lot of experience to the staff that is loaded with some good young coaches. The kids are happy and loving coach Haddix and the new offense, parents are happy so things are going good. This team is loaded with talent biggest surprise is Carter a sophomore kid has jets, A.J. Moore has shown he can catch the ball, Powers has been impressive especially with his speed, Engle is being looked at by UK 6'4" 315 lbs, the Reedy boys are all good athletes and etc. About 75-80 kids out and working hard, I can't wait till the season starts. Sizemore (freshman) will be a great QB at about 6'1" 210 lbs he throws a pretty ball, but as of now Taylor (senior) is the qb.and () may be the difference.

I have been to 2 practices an the Engle kid looks for real. I mean D-1 for SUR.This team is going to be a contender in 3A.These guys are having fun. And when you see that look out.Redhounds fever is back in town. :Cheerlead
1/4bak Wrote:Tom Greer is now on the staff and that is a huge plus for the program. Greer brings a lot of experience to the staff that is loaded with some good young coaches. The kids are happy and loving coach Haddix and the new offense, parents are happy so things are going good. This team is loaded with talent biggest surprise is Carter a sophomore kid has jets, A.J. Moore has shown he can catch the ball, Powers has been impressive especially with his speed, Engle is being looked at by UK 6'4" 315 lbs, the Reedy boys are all good athletes and etc. About 75-80 kids out and working hard, I can't wait till the season starts. Sizemore (freshman) will be a great QB at about 6'1" 210 lbs he throws a pretty ball, but as of now Taylor (senior) is the qb.and () may be the difference.

He'll probably leave for Bell about midseason Confusednicker:
If money is right he will..
Not like you dumb ass and set here in county making chicken feed
If Dudley would been hired, we would have hired him back!!
redstorm Wrote:If money is right he will..
Not like you dumb ass and set here in county making chicken feed

Things are worrisome on Log Mountain :hilarious:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Things are worrisome on Log Mountain :hilarious:

Bell County is not worried.
Greer will be a very good addition to the staff.
I drove back down to Corbin to watch practice tonight.And I need to warn everybody in 3A in the west. Corbin is for real :please: This is a Redhound Warning TongueoliceLig
Thurs may make for the most anticipated Bell vs Corbin game in a long time.
Corbin will beat Bell big, I don't you guys know how tough Corbin will be.
topnotch Wrote:Corbin will beat Bell big, I don't you guys know how tough Corbin will be.

Whitley can't do it so now you have jumped off the bandwagon?
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Whitley can't do it so now you have jumped off the bandwagon?

Top-notch is a tri-County supporters and yes Corbin will beat bell county 64SUR :Cheerlead
If Topnotch is tri county, 64 is front runner supporter.
mysonis55 Wrote:If Topnotch is tri county, 64 is front runner supporter.

IF I'm a front runner you are tick mysonisatick55 Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Top-notch is a tri-County supporters and yes Corbin will beat bell county 64SUR :Cheerlead

Depending on what Chappell gets accomplished this summer, Whitley and Corbin both could beat Bell.
Haha
I think that if you were looking on paper, Corbin should beat Bell County and it would be a game that isn't a blowout but isn't really one in doubt. That said, games aren't played on paper and you can USUALLY throw everything out the window when Corbin and Bell play. Last year is a prime example of it. I watched both teams and I had zero doubt that Corbin was the better team, yet Bell won.

Waddle getting hurt was the difference and I think would have been too much for Bell but injuries are part of the game and you play with the cards you are dealt. People not from Corbin are sleeping on just how much talent Corbin has on this roster. We saw plenty of it but I think this staff will not only be able to get more talent on the field by playing more kids, they will likely get more kids out of the halls to play football.
I can not see Whitley beating Bell. Whitley was horrible last year and they lost there best offensive player. Corbin may very well have the talent but will these new schemes they decided to run will they work out? Corbin always has been a run team and now from what I understand they are going to be throwing the ball a lot. That's a big change if the coachs can pull it together they will be dangerous. But either way I see bell vs Corbin a great game with the edge to bell county.
Greer will make a big difference. Lot of inthusiasm in Corbin. Expect the Hounds to win the district.
Mr.Clutch23 Wrote:I can not see Whitley beating Bell. Whitley was horrible last year and they lost there best offensive player. Corbin may very well have the talent but will these new schemes they decided to run will they work out? Corbin always has been a run team and now from what I understand they are going to be throwing the ball a lot. That's a big change if the coachs can pull it together they will be dangerous. But either way I see bell vs Corbin a great game with the edge to bell county.

the horrible Whitley team you speak of had their entire backfield injured and lost to Bell by a touchdown.
Dang you sound like Gut. Bell had 3 starters out against Whitley it works both ways.
Mr.Clutch23 Wrote:I can not see Whitley beating Bell. Whitley was horrible last year and they lost there best offensive player. Corbin may very well have the talent but will these new schemes they decided to run will they work out? Corbin always has been a run team and now from what I understand they are going to be throwing the ball a lot. That's a big change if the coachs can pull it together they will be dangerous. But either way I see bell vs Corbin a great game with the edge to bell county.

Confusednicker:

That was the worst season Whitley has had in almost 30 years. Other than Blacks first couple of years, I don't remember a Whitley team since the late 80s that has failed to pick up at least 4 or 5 wins.

With that being said, that same "horrible" Whitley team literally played without there backfield against Bell. Ysidro and Mills was out, and Hooper screwed his ankle or foot up in the first quarter. After all that and a very young line, Whitley still should have won that game, and almost did if it weren't for running out of gas.

If Dudley were still there, I would say theres no way he lets that happen again, but hes not, and Bell is not what is use to be. Don't get me wrong, Bell is still a strong program, but I don't see them fielding any more teams like that 08 team that was so good. They are beatable now, and it will show. I think topnotch is right in his assessment. I see a 6-4 year for Bell, or maybe 7-3, but no worse than 6-4.
South Pitt, Corbin, Harlan County, and maybe a Whitley depending on what chappell does with that bunch, or even a wayne county could surprise them.

Don't worry, it happens to everybody. I laid the smack down on Bell when I was in high school, but it hasn't happened since. Just be glad you've won the last 7 or 8 in a row.
It wax tied at half or we may have been ahead . Lost FB and Mills was out. Had to move several kids around. No excuses, but the outcome would been different if we would had stayed health.. We are two years away before we can compete for district title..
I can see Mills moving back before season begins.
E's Army Wrote:Greer will make a big difference. Lot of inthusiasm in Corbin. Expect the Hounds to win the district.

If you guys didn't like Jewell, well talk about out of frying pan into fire. Dudleys biggest job was to overcome the player trouble Greer caused. The kids did not want to play for him and they actually hated him. It will not take long for this to surface. While Greer is an OK guy off the field he is something else on. That is the difference he will make. Us Bell fans have a smile , when they announced he could coach.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next