Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2014
panther nation Wrote:This has made me laugh for years all these people who just assume that Corbin is in laurel county... Laurel county was so smart in getting laws passed to keep Corbin out of laurel co.

Just the type of political maneuvering that has really allowed our region to grow.:flush:

That part of Laurel Co. is just a stepchild to the powers to be in London, and look at how run down it has become at Exit 29 compared to the businesses at Exit 25.
SEKYFAN Wrote:I would like for him to tell us who all of these Corbin fans are who posted what he stated. There may have been one maybe, although I can't recall any at all. I haven't really even heard people say that around town. There were some kids who use to be at Corbin that contributed to Williamsburg's success, but they did not cause their success, because the Yellow Jackets were going to very good anyway.

He continues to lose all credibility with some of the things he claims as fact, but I guess that haters are going to hate.

Yep, so many Corbin haters on BGR. It's kind of funny and pathetic at the same time. :HitWall:
panther nation Wrote:Wrong my friend there is not part of Corbin city limits in any of laurel county. Check your maps or drive the roads and you will see that the Corbin city limits start at either the Knox laurel line or Whitley laurel line......

you didn't say city limits.you said no part of Corbin is in Laurel County:dontthink
SEKYFAN Wrote:I would like for him to tell us who all of these Corbin fans are who posted what he stated. There may have been one maybe, although I can't recall any at all. I haven't really even heard people say that around town. There were some kids who use to be at Corbin that contributed to Williamsburg's success, but they did not cause their success, because the Yellow Jackets were going to very good anyway.

He continues to lose all credibility with some of the things he claims as fact, but I guess that haters are going to hate

:biglmao:

EVERY single preseason Wburg thread, even some threads throughout the season had at least one reference to a transfer that went from Corbin to Wburg. Its all there. Try using the search engine. I would bet money I could find a post where you have made a reference to it.
oldhound70s Wrote:Show me one post where I have attributed Williamsburg's success to transfers from Corbin or said kids were recruited from Corbin. Heck yeah Williamsburg is taking players and Whitley will do the same before long. That's Corbin's fault! Parents still should be able to choose though.

Not once did I say you did. I just said they existed and they do.
Do none of you all remember the countless debates with Wburg fans over this??!?!!!??
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Not once did I say you did. I just said they existed and they do.
Do none of you all remember the countless debates with Wburg fans over this??!?!!!??

I recall people debating with Williamsburg over this, but I know that I never did and can't recollect many, if any of the Corbin fans doing it.

One of the players on Williamsburg's team is one of my neighbors, so trust me I was cheering for the Yellow Jackets. My closest neighbor's kids play and/or played sports at Whitely Co., another one played basketball at Lynn Camp, and guess what, they all live in the Corbin School District. It's their business where they send their kids as far as I'm concerned.
Corbin should be back to their winning ways in 2014, they should win the district this year
Any chance that Coach Jewell moves into the just open position of Asst. Principal at the high school?
SEKYFAN Wrote:Any chance that Coach Jewell moves into the just open position of Asst. Principal at the high school?

That would be a good move for the football program but a bad move for the school environment. I doubt he has his principal certification but I'm not sure if its required for an assistant. It's time for a coaching change though. I think S Laurel would be a good move for him.:please:
1/4bak Wrote:Corbin should be back to their winning ways in 2014, they should win the district this year

They have the talent to win it and Wayne will be down this year. I just don't see Jewell and Farris out coaching Bell Co though. Corbin was a much better team (talent wise) last year but they totally out played and out coached us.
oldhound70s Wrote:They have the talent to win it and Wayne will be down this year. I just don't see Jewell and Farris out coaching Bell Co though. Corbin was a much better team (talent wise) last year but they totally out played and out coached us.

And Bell returns almost all of their starters.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:And Bell returns almost all of their starters.

Corbin loses Jackson, Waddle, Adams, Henson, Liford, and Lane as starters. The other four seniors were role players. Waddle, Jackson, and Liford had the most impact. Corbin should have a nice team again this year but they will run the same offense and very little passing attack. Bell will stack em in the box shut us down. If they get a new coaching staff then Corbin can make a deep playoff run.
Corbin WILL win this district in 2014. They will not overlook Bell and Wayne lost way to much.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Corbin WILL win this district in 2014. They will not overlook Bell and Wayne lost way to much.

Still mad we understand we will continue to kick your butts so do worry about us. You all still will not win district again.
Corbin will win that district, much more talent than Bell.
Looking at their schedule how many losses to you all forsee?
meat loaf Wrote:Looking at their schedule how many losses to you all forsee?

Too many
I see 1 lose. Pretty weak schedule. The 2 loses last year Bell, Wayne. They beat both. I think they lose to SW. Then run table till playoffs.
Paul Crewe Wrote:I see 1 lose. Pretty weak schedule. The 2 loses last year Bell, Wayne. They beat both. I think they lose to SW. Then run table till playoffs.

Pulaski County just played for a 5A championship and return most of their core. Southwestern had the talent last year and will have the coaching to go along with it now. South Laurel should be better, but still have a long way to go. Danville was an average team that should be better as well as knox central. The only team on corbin's schedule that IMO will be down in talent from this past year is wayne county. And wayne should still be a average district opponent. It might not be the toughest schedule, but it is far from weak.
Tough challenging schedule. It's what Corbin fans been asking for, but to write down wins would be too much. Wayne will have 23 seniors and 80 kid on roster, and bell started several young kids that will return.
Not to mention the pulaski teams.

Don't get me wrong they are the favorite for the district and region this season.
My bad, did not know they play Pulaski County? If so, lose. That is two loses regular season. PC and SW
they play Pulaski county first game of the year in the Ray Corell Bowl :lmao:
Corbin will have a brutal schedule that will produce at least 3 to 4 losses. However, watch out come playoff time as they will be battle tested.
What is Corbin Sched
Full deck Wrote:What is Corbin Sched

Been hearing a lot that Steve Jewell will be the next assistant prinçipal at CHS. Will he still be able to coach if this is true?
Who would Corbin go after?
oldhound70s Wrote:Been hearing a lot that Steve Jewell will be the next assistant prinçipal at CHS. Will he still be able to coach if this is true?

He will not be allowed to coach if he becomes Asst. Principal.
SEKYFAN Wrote:He will not be allowed to coach if he becomes Asst. Principal.

I hope he gets the job then.
insideinfo Wrote:Who would Corbin go after?

Not sure...Dudley would probably come to Corbin but I'm not sure if Corbin would want him.
^
Confusednicker:

Sure.