Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lexington Catholic
75.76%
Russell Co.
24.24%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic @ Russell County 11/15
Iam4thecats Wrote:Does Catholic play ANYONE both ways?

From what I have seen, just their O- line to D-line and vice versa. Aren't all high schools, especially line are interchangeable now a days?
All the teams that win 6a, 5a, 4a, have had no one playing both ways for several years.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Does Catholic play ANYONE both ways?
I can identify at least 7 players that significantly play both ways. There are others that fill in as needed both ways, such as injuries etc.
Iam4thecats Wrote:All the teams that win 6a, 5a, 4a, have had no one playing both ways for several years.
That's a pretty broad statement. I have seen Bowling Green, St. Xavier, Boyle County and Lexington Catholic not only play players both ways but many start both ways. I am sure there are plenty more 4a, 5a, 6a teams that play good athletes both ways.
I don't know what championship games you have been watching but the only person that started both ways was 2010 Lamar Dawson at Boyle. So thats 8 out of 9 champions and 1 player 3 years ago.
Lex Cath had the great player that went to UK going both ways all the way back in 07. That 2 kids I can think of in the last 6 years. So 16 of 18 and 2 skill kids, no linemen.
Rebel55 Wrote:Is anyone going to post updates on this game tonight? I would love to see this game!

Sometimes laker20 posts updates. If he reads your post maybe he will give you a response letting you know for sure
Iam4thecats Wrote:All the teams that win 6a, 5a, 4a, have had no one playing both ways for several years.

Again, read my lips. The line play for Lex Cath ROTATE. NO one starts both ways for that program. An O-line starts and will finish a game unless it's a blow out where JV starts to play. As far as the D-line, you would have a starting D, but would rotate them for run stop, passing downs, short yardage etc. etc. Not to mentioned D- line tired out often more than O- line so programs tend to rotate, BUT not start both ways. Especially not at linebackers or DB's..
Read my lips. I don't think I'm arguing with you I disagree with grandpa. I am talking 2 way STARTERS on CHAMPIONSHIP teams.
^^^You ask about Catholic having starters that goes both ways. I answered you. Even gave you a scenario. Championship? Lex Cath is far fetch from a championship. That belongs to FT Highlands, who dresses about 100 players and their JV team can beat a mediocre varsity squad.
Read my lips: Go Lakers!!! I will try to post updates tonight if I don't get too much into the action and forget!
Thanks for your initial response fbfan. I haves since moved on and I am no longer addressing what you said. Maybe I need to just start another thread where you won't be confused.
Go Lakers
Iam4thecats Wrote:I don't know what championship games you have been watching but the only person that started both ways was 2010 Lamar Dawson at Boyle. So thats 8 out of 9 champions and 1 player 3 years ago.

Jarrod Harrington, Chris Cook and Devon Cox were a few others that played both ways. Off the top of my head.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Jarrod Harrington, Chris Cook and Devon Cox were a few others that played both ways. Off the top of my head.

I surrender
Iam4thecats Wrote:I surrender

:lmao:
Gokd luck to both teams from Rebel country! I hope that Boyle County makes it to next week to meet one of these great programs. Be safe and play safe!
Looks like it could be a very wet night. Don't know how or if the rain will affect either team but the weather is sure to affect the crowd. Safe travels to Lexington Catholic fans but mostly GOOD LUCK AND GO LAKERS!!! ANCHOR DOWN!!!