Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield @ Beechwood 11-23-12
Gametime forecast: Mostly clear 37 degrees. 0% chance of rain.
You da man, LAX. I have been waiting to hear good news. I really didn't want to set out in the cold like it was last time or the rain. I really didn't want to set out in both. I would, but it would stink.
mysonis55 Wrote:You da man, LAX. I have been waiting to hear good news. I really didn't want to set out in the cold like it was last time or the rain. I really didn't want to set out in both. I would, but it would stink.

Sprinklers being installed over and ice blocks under the visitor section of the stands.
Yall really want a homefield advantage dont you.
Hopefully we won't have the same refs that missed this pass interference call!
[Image: http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-as...9546_n.jpg]
laxwarrriors Wrote:Hopefully we won't have the same refs that missed this pass interference call!
[Image: http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-as...9546_n.jpg]

That was a bad call. But there were other bad calls that went against mayfield late in the game that would have effected the outcome as well. To be honest i dont think anybody from BW or Mayfield would want those refs anywhere near the football field it was a poorly called game for both teams.
mysonis55 Wrote:You da man, LAX. I have been waiting to hear good news. I really didn't want to set out in the cold like it was last time or the rain. I really didn't want to set out in both. I would, but it would stink.

Still gonna be cold though.. the wind barrels through that place and there is supposed to be 10-20mph wind at gametime so factor in the wind chill at around the mid to low twenties:yikes:
rednblackattack Wrote:That was a bad call. But there were other bad calls that went against mayfield late in the game that would have effected the outcome as well. To be honest i dont think anybody from BW or Mayfield would want those refs anywhere near the football field it was a poorly called game for both teams.

Shane Ross said he tipped the ball. Is it interference if the ball is tipped?
Yeah, in the first of the fourth quarter, our player was jerked to the ground as he was trying to make the catch, flags were thrown, then the flags were picked back up, it was a really bad piece of officiating. I don't think either team wants that crew at this game.
I agree it could be called pass interference, but that doesn't guarantee that Beechwood would have scored on the next play, which is all they had time for, and a field goal would not do it for em.
Now, I have supported the wood all year, but I will emphatically tell you this. That was no pass interference, no doubt about it. I have the video and will set down and show anyone in slow motion any time they want. The ball was tipped. Once the ball is tipped the receiver is fair game. Not only that, if you look at it from the back side, which is where this film was taken, and also where the ref was, it is so bang bang that you cant tell for sure if he gets there before the ball gets to the receiver or not. I have looked at that one particular play at least 25 times. I have done it almost frame by frame.
About 24 hours from now, we will be on our way back from Beechwood. Hopefully it will be just as pleasant of a drive back as it was in 2010. Driving that far for heartbreak would not be fun.
mysonis55 Wrote:Now, I have supported the wood all year, but I will emphatically tell you this. That was no pass interference, no doubt about it. I have the video and will set down and show anyone in slow motion any time they want. The ball was tipped. Once the ball is tipped the receiver is fair game. Not only that, if you look at it from the back side, which is where this film was taken, and also where the ref was, it is so bang bang that you cant tell for sure if he gets there before the ball gets to the receiver or not. I have looked at that one particular play at least 25 times. I have done it almost frame by frame.

Yeah, after this picture above was posted, I pulled out my video and watched it over and over and Shain Ross does tip the ball, you can watch it change direction. Either way, had beechwood gotten the penalty, it doesn't guarantee a score on the next play. There were enough bad calls all the way around that a lot of things could be said, I just can't believe that the beechwood folks are bringing this up, I didn't even know it was an issue. I saw on facebook where the fans were saying that the 2011 players were owed an apology, c'mon.
mysonis55 Wrote:Now, I have supported the wood all year, but I will emphatically tell you this. That was no pass interference, no doubt about it. I have the video and will set down and show anyone in slow motion any time they want. The ball was tipped. Once the ball is tipped the receiver is fair game. Not only that, if you look at it from the back side, which is where this film was taken, and also where the ref was, it is so bang bang that you cant tell for sure if he gets there before the ball gets to the receiver or not. I have looked at that one particular play at least 25 times. I have done it almost frame by frame.

I had forgot the ball was tipped. Do me me a favor 55 look and see if there is not a really bad holding on the long scramble on the drive leading up to the pass play with the in question interference call. I remember the dlineman being pulled down and the ref picking up the flag. But i remember being furious that a dlineman was pulled down from behind on the play right in front of the ref. I may be completely wrong just seeing how far gone my memory is. I have watched alotnof football and i maybe tranplanting a memory. Lol!

Refs did not signal it the ball was tipped. post the video for all to see.

Is shane #8? Still can't mug a receiver before the ball is tipped.
Yes, Shane was #8. He did not touch the rec until the ball was tipped. It doesn't matter that the ref did not signal, the fact is that it did occur. All I have is a dvd of the game, if I knew how to post it I would. If you look at the photo showing the contact, the ball has already gotten past Shane at that point and his hand is already moved back forward after it got hit by the ball. That would tell you that there has been a split second or so between the tip and the time of this photo.
Wow got curious on that pass interference call and i am shocked nobody has any online video on youtube or anything. I think i do remember that the argument wasnt about whether the contact was interference or not but if the ball was tipped before the contact was made which makes the int a no all. However on mayfields previous td when we were going for the 2pt conversion that would have put Mayfield up by 7 instead of 5. The receiver was pulled to the ground by his neck and not alloud to go out for the pass. Everybody saw that it was plain as day the refs even through a flag for pass interference. The problem was it was at the line of scrimmage and couldnt be interference so.when Rash pointed that out the refs picked up the flags problem is it might not have been PI it most assuredly. Defensive holding and it should have been half the distance and a retry on the conversion. With Mayfield having the best RB in their history i liked our chances to have made it a 7pt game from the 1.5 yard line. That would have meant that BW would have been going for the tie at the end not the win. If there had have been interference called at worse because hs football interference is a 15 yard penalty not a spot of the foul call it would have been 1st n goal at the 5 BW with no timeouts and 30 seconds left. So lets just say the game was poorly officiated and leave it at that.
We have arrived....... cardinal s are in fort mitchell.. go big red ...
Good Luck Both shall be listen or whatever to this game.