Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
30.19%
Johnson Central
69.81%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland @ Johnson Central 10/19
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Yup. I assume your district is highlands,Cov Cath,Holmes,and Harrison as far as order of finish

Most likely and Holmes is no pushover. The loser of the game will probably play Holmes before playing FTH.
Johnson Central.
Walleye Wrote:Hey, T Pride. Before you start throwing darts, you best go back and read your post #40..... I assume you went to Ashland....

Neither Ashland nor Johnson Central, as education institutions, would qualify to compete for a regional championship in grammar.
^You so funny.....I forgot to laugh.....wait I mean laff. Never cood spell whale.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
EagleFootballPride Wrote:JC wins in a nail biter 27- 21

Let's hear it for the Golden Eagles. Here kitty, kitty.
cricketbed Wrote:Don't have a kid playing but a friend om mine does. YOU WILL MEET HIM SOON ENOUGH!!!!

I'm not buying it because you cry about it too much like most daddy's do. Which one is it?
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I'm not buying it because you cry about it too much like most daddy's do. Which one is it?

I guess I was right. Apple's dont fall far from the tree. There's no doubt you're NotsoBADCAT's little prick in training.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:How did he perform in those games. I honestly don't expect much out of him this Friday. He is a phenomenal player. But he is coming off a injury and this is his first game back. Second he is only a freshman and while the lights haven't been too bright for him so far this season, this will be a huge stage for the freshman. For the third week in a row I expect Malik Massey to make some huge plays. He is playing like a senior that doesn't want to go home soon. The defense should make some good plays as well.

I expect Quentin to still have a big game even though he's coming off an injury. Even though he's a freshman, he's the best running back in our portion of the state and he will shine in the biggest game in our area Friday Night. I've got to give Malik some props also. He can single handily change a game anytime he has the ball in is hands and any one that has watched Johnson Central's pass defense know's it is atrocious. I look for Malik Massey and Logan Salow to have a monster game because of two things. The first is the accuracy of Aaron Elam and the second one is Johnson Central's pitiful pass defense. I know JC fans don't like any of my posts but I could care less. I look for Ashland to completely dominate this game just like they did last year. This is one of the most physical Ashland teams that I've watched in quite a while and they're out to prove a point Friday night.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:They are just mad that they are 1-4 in the last 5 years against JC, Every year they do the same stuff on here then get beat in the real game. Iv never figured out their superiority complex towards JC as of late they have been dominated by the eagles. Like I have said many times on here I dont like JC for obvious reasons but I will cheer for them over ashland any day of the week.

At least the Tomcats actually play in real and meaningful games unlike your Tigers. Yes Johnson Central has had some success against Ashland but the games are always close,with the exception of two of them. At least when Johnson Central had a six game winning streak against us we didnt tuck our tail and run and quit playing them. I know that they're a district opponent but let me give you another example. It's no secret that Ironton has pretty much had there way with Ashland throughout the years. Ashland has had their share of wins but Ironton has had way more success in the rivalry. Guess what PTF, Ashland still plays them. We didnt quit and give up. Believe it or not I actually did pull for Paintsville a couple of weeks ago against Fairview because there's not a team around that we Tomcat fans dislike more than Fairview. Fairview's entire program is a joke and I was pulling for a Tiger victory.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I expect Quentin to still have a big game even though he's coming off an injury. Even though he's a freshman, he's the best running back in our portion of the state and he will shine in the biggest game in our area Friday Night. I've got to give Malik some props also. He can single handily change a game anytime he has the ball in is hands and any one that has watched Johnson Central's pass defense know's it is atrocious. I look for Malik Massey and Logan Salow to have a monster game because of two things. The first is the accuracy of Aaron Elam and the second one is Johnson Central's pitiful pass defense. I know JC fans don't like any of my posts but I could care less. I look for Ashland to completely dominate this game just like they did last year. This is one of the most physical Ashland teams that I've watched in quite a while and they're out to prove a point Friday night.
I think your selling the improvement of JC as a team short. I was with you until they played Ironton then I thought maybe the people in Johnson county really knew what they had. Elam throws a nice deep ball cause his receivers can run underneath it. But he struggles in the short to intermediate passing game. That is a big reason why we lost the Ironton game and belfry made a run at us. Cause they had extra safety help in irontons case the whole game and belfry the second half. We really are a big play offense we don't sustain drives very well through the air. We just have a defense that keeps getting the ball back to us so we get a lot of opportunities to score.
I would love to be at this game, but my Blackcats are playing this week. This one should be a slober knocker. I think it will be a back and forth game with the Eagles winning in a close one.

JC 28
Ashland 27
Should be a great game
This is what we have waited for and it will be on live tv. This will be big time playoff atmosphere football.

I will take JC by a touchdown. JC had a much better performance against the only common quality team in Ironton. JC has multiple backs which will make the ground game tough to stop and has a great passing game to keep Ashland on their heels. Defense wins games and JC's line I feel will be more dominant. The advantage Ashland has is in thier passing game so JC will need to tighten things up here.

JC is at home and this will be the final advantage. No Putnam magic from the referees here and no leaning goal post to win games.
MonsterMan Wrote:This is what we have waited for and it will be on live tv. This will be big time playoff atmosphere football.

I will take JC by a touchdown. JC had a much better performance against the only common quality team in Ironton. JC has multiple backs which will make the ground game tough to stop and has a great passing game to keep Ashland on their heels. Defense wins games and JC's line I feel will be more dominant. The advantage Ashland has is in thier passing game so JC will need to tighten things up here.

JC is at home and this will be the final advantage. No Putnam magic from the referees here and no leaning goal post to win games.
You guys are never gonna let the Goal post thing go are you.
I think both teams are physical teams. As my son is playing for the Tomcats, I am hopeful for a big Tomcat victory. However, that will be a difficult achievement at JC on turf. While I did not attend the JC Ironton game, I understand from those I have spoken with that were in attendance that JC dominated Ironton up front. (Ironton did not have 6'6" 320 lb Webb or 6'4" 280 lb Culberston - although I don't think their presence would have made a significant difference). Ashland did the same thing against Ironton, but we went to the air for some reason which didn't work out so well. Also, we broke down on defensive assignments a couple of times in the second half which led to Lewis running wild on us. While I liked JC's Blevins, Baldridge, and Niece on the line for JC last year(all great wrestlers by the way), the kid I liked the most was Matt King - 71. If I recall correctly, he was hampered by an injury last year. However, he came in the Ashland game and had an outstanding defensive game. I thought he was the best defensive player for JC in that game. I don't know if he plays both ways, but if he does, JC has a dandy of a player there IMO. Jimmy Preston (state runner up in wrestlilng) is also a heck of a player. I think JC has a size advantage on the line; however, Ashland has a lot of experience and reps on their line. Looking forward to the game. Should be a good one. I'll go with Ashland - 21-20.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:You guys are never gonna let the Goal post thing go are you.

We never forget about getting robbed of a District Championship. I have watched High School football for over 50 years and this is a Top 5 for getting robbed.
MonsterMan Wrote:We never forget about getting robbed of a District Championship. I have watched High School football for over 50 years and this is a Top 5 for getting robbed.

Idk if that kick was good or not. But that was my senior night as a student trainer and I had a lot of friends on that team so I'm glad U guys in Paintsville won't let me forget it. But I have seen pictures that look like the kick is no good but you cannot tell if the kick has crossed the crossbar yet or not. Second I will admit at live speed my first reaction was the kick was made. But with those trees that were In that end and the sight lines an angles the refs an the film guy in the endzone were the only one who can say for sure. To this day the Ashland camera man swears up and down the kick was missed. He was right In the endzone. If I also remember the JC kicker acted if he missed the kick I think if he acts like he made the refs may change there call. Not trying to ruffle any feathers or anything with this post I just think its pretty cool that these two fan bases have a moment like that to look back on. And it happening on senior night with my friends is a very fond memory for me to say the least.
I know it's Tuesday but are there any injuries for either teams that might have a big impact on the game?
JCHSEAGLE Wrote:I know it's Tuesday but are there any injuries for either teams that might have a big impact on the game?

Andrew Walters has been Ashland starting center he has been out since the Russell game. Also don't know how healthy the ankle of quinton baker is. But he will play
JCHSEAGLE Wrote:I know it's Tuesday but are there any injuries for either teams that might have a big impact on the game?

Andrew Walters has been Ashland starting center he has been out since the Russell game. Also don't know how healthy the ankle of quinton baker is. But he will play
Is it Friday yet? Marches have started Eagles are dug in on their home turf. Should be a war sticking with my prediction 27-21 Eagles soar on live tv.
JC by 7
Tomcat Pride Wrote:At least the Tomcats actually play in real and meaningful games unlike your Tigers. Yes Johnson Central has had some success against Ashland but the games are always close,with the exception of two of them. At least when Johnson Central had a six game winning streak against us we didnt tuck our tail and run and quit playing them. I know that they're a district opponent but let me give you another example. It's no secret that Ironton has pretty much had there way with Ashland throughout the years. Ashland has had their share of wins but Ironton has had way more success in the rivalry. Guess what PTF, Ashland still plays them. We didnt quit and give up. Believe it or not I actually did pull for Paintsville a couple of weeks ago against Fairview because there's not a team around that we Tomcat fans dislike more than Fairview. Fairview's entire program is a joke and I was pulling for a Tiger victory.

You make a very good point here and I agree with you 100%. The JC vs Ashland game has became one of the best rivalry games in the State of Kentucky. Yes the games have been close and fun to watch!
I wish JC was a 3A school in the same district with Belfry and Ashland.
Talk about a hell of a district every year...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I wish JC was a 3A school in the same district with Belfry and Ashland.
Talk about a hell of a district every year...

Then you would have Ashland,belfry,JC,and Breathitt all in the same region.
humvee Wrote:Let's hear it for the Golden Eagles. Here kitty, kitty.

Be careful watch you ask for. All you bird brain fans are going to get a big dose of the Tomcats friday night.
MonsterMan Wrote:We never forget about getting robbed of a District Championship. I have watched High School football for over 50 years and this is a Top 5 for getting robbed.

Do all of the Golden Eagle faithful get together every year before the Ashland game and cry about that field goal? I hate to break it to you,that field goal was wide right and it happened seven years ago. Some of you all are worse than the Lawrence County fans who like to bring up their teams back in the 90's all the time.

Geez! Why would anybody release that type of info on a Tuesday?
EagleFootballPride Wrote:Is it Friday yet? Marches have started Eagles are dug in on their home turf. Should be a war sticking with my prediction 27-21 Eagles soar on live tv.

What's the name of the station that will be showing the game?
Go Tomcats
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next