•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview Additions
Clint Westwood Wrote:What a bunch of a whiners....Harry, Truth, rambutt77, patch...you nut jobs need to get a life. If the KHSAA ruled in their favor, then whats the problem? If they were guilty the KHSAA would have ruled against them. Raceland has transfers, so does Russell, Ashland and if Rose Hill had a football program they would have them too...the Attorney, CPA and good doctor would have made sure of that.

Westwood's original douchebag has returned!!! Actually the KHSAA didn't clear the latest transfers. That's why Fairview was required to use a court injunction to force eligibility.
Clint Westwood Wrote:What a bunch of a whiners....Harry, Truth, rambutt77, patch...you nut jobs need to get a life. If the KHSAA ruled in their favor, then whats the problem? If they were guilty the KHSAA would have ruled against them. Raceland has transfers, so does Russell, Ashland and if Rose Hill had a football program they would have them too...the Attorney, CPA and good doctor would have made sure of that.

Did you practice that post to an empty chair first?
If you can't find anyone in this state to play. Why not a Ohio team, say Wheelersburg, South Point, Ironton, Portsmouth, Coal Grove to name just a few. Or maybe a West Virginia school like Wayne, Huntington high ect... But if you wanted to stay in state. Maybe Pikeville, Harlen, Belfry, Rowan Co, Corbin, LCA, ect. Got to be somebody with a good team out their not afraid to play the eagles.

I won't argue with your last sentence. Recruiting and related overt and covert activities are a part of the process for all successful and semi-successful programs. To believe otherwise is naive. You don't win by being naive. You win by using the rules as best you can do so. Maybe not the "right" thing to say but still fact.
It cracks me up how people start talking about this every year and some act like this is something new. I also love how some people point the finger but look past the players on the home team roster who are from other schools. I look at this one like this. Recruiting goes on, not just in Kentucky but in every state in this country. The old saying if you build it they will come is very true. If you bring a program up and start to win and make a name players and parents form other schools and even other states will start to take notice and they will want to play for you, so it is not always recruiting. With that said recruiting does go on. I think you would be hard pressed to find a team in this state who is competitive year in and out who don't have a few talented players come in from other places,especially championship caliber teams. At the end of the day it is very hard to prove if the player is recruited or just wanted to play for the other team. My take on it is like this. This is America and we Americans have never took being told what we can and cant do or where we can or cant go very well. I don't see anything wrong with it as long as the coach or his staff have nothing to do with it. I am from Lawrence County but I have a lot of family and friends from West Virginia and when someone gets to the right age and they take to football I always try to get em to come to Lawrence County.
Also,I don't know if the people are related but Lawrence county had a coach who went by the same last name as the Fairview coach. I remember on his first year he had a hard time to get people to go out for the team but like the next season or tow after that I remember being at a bowl game in Pikeville and when the team came out he had so many players that I got bored of counting. Just a little side note, we lost that bowl game to Pikeville as a 3a school to a 1a school. Just goes to show that you can have all the talent,size,speed and athlete's in the world but if you have no coaching or a good staff to back the coach up you still wont win,especially against the good teams.
When you have to bring the courts in to get players on the field, something just isn't right. But they bring in new players every year and until the KHSAA decides to actually do their job, Fairview will continue to do this stuff.
sounds like to me some of these schools is more concerned about just playing football than getting a education which if you go to certain schools to play football you have a better chance of getting recruited and getting a scholar ship but replying back to one of the first comments if 2 students beat up a eight grader and got expelled my opinion they shouldnt be able to go to another school and play that doesnt solve the issue what so ever
Most of these comments are unfactual at best. Please collaborate with each other through private messaging and get the slander correct as possible and then click the "Like" button and develop your hatred for Fairview on a much higher level.

Oh, I understand it all now...please disregard the above paragraph. Fairview and the KHSAA are in cahoots to develop Nate's resume' so he can coach at Marshall.

AMkitten76 you are a joke just like when you played.
ky football Wrote:sounds like to me some of these schools is more concerned about just playing football than getting a education which if you go to certain schools to play football you have a better chance of getting recruited and getting a scholar ship but replying back to one of the first comments if 2 students beat up a eight grader and got expelled my opinion they shouldnt be able to go to another school and play that doesnt solve the issue what so ever
That's not true, fairview has a 100% graduation rate. And only school in this area to meet all NCLB goals.
Clint Westwood Wrote:Most of these comments are unfactual at best. Please collaborate with each other through private messaging and get the slander correct as possible and then click the "Like" button and develop your hatred for Fairview on a much higher level.

Oh, I understand it all now...please disregard the above paragraph. Fairview and the KHSAA are in cahoots to develop Nate's resume' so he can coach at Marshall.

AMkitten76 you are a joke just like when you played.

Isn't this a classic case of much ado about nothing? We all know that the Westwood/Millseat area is a natural attraction to athletes and their families living in Cabell County, WV. But we also know that Fairview a/k/a Fairview-Cabell is unlikely to ever compete for a state championship. We have all heard tales of the "Musick Towers Apartments". We all know that some "relocate" in Millseat because of the thriving economy and abundance of job opportunities there.

So, why don't we just admit the above and move on.
I just dont understand the fuss about parents that want their children to play for Fairview. If the move is legal and legit, why all the gripe? If it is not legit then the KHSAA will hammer Fairview. By the way the economy is horrible no matter where you move so stop slurring Westwood. You are still drinking from the cup of bitterness off from Winslow Rd. Good luck sleeping at night with all of that guilt from the last decade of decadence at the Hill.
Eagles2012 Wrote:Ashland reported fairview for recruiting that's why coach Mcpeek won't play them. Boyd co won't play, west carter probley wont either I seriously doubt Greenup will re new contract, other than Russell you said playing a single a team don't benefit them, who else is there around here??

Nobody in the area will play Fairview because nobody in the area respects Fairview due to the way they run their program.. simple as that.
Ashland won't, and shouldn't, play Fairview because there is nothing to be gained by playing a Class 1A school. The same should be said about Ashland playing Raceland.
Clint Westwood Wrote:I just dont understand the fuss about parents that want their children to play for Fairview. If the move is legal and legit, why all the gripe? If it is not legit then the KHSAA will hammer Fairview. By the way the economy is horrible no matter where you move so stop slurring Westwood. You are still drinking from the cup of bitterness off from Winslow Rd. Good luck sleeping at night with all of that guilt from the last decade of decadence at the Hill.

Don't get me wrong, Clint Westwood. As they say, imitation is the height of flattery. Both Fairview and Ashland have adopted "courses of action" successfully used by other schools in the past. Go for it. But, you should keep in mind that, if the KHSAA ever gets around to doing an honest investigation (doubtful), Fairview, not Ashland, will get hit. Fairview, in the end, has no political clout and no buddies (not even from Rowan County) at KHSAA.

In the meantime, "Go Eagles".
Russell dropped the Rams. Didn't take long to replace them with Ironton. And also picked up I believe Coal Grove. Did the eagles try these. I hear Ironton now has a 10 game schedule. But then again Ironton is a big time team with a winning record each year!
football 105 Wrote:Russell dropped the Rams. Didn't take long to replace them with Ironton. And also picked up I believe Coal Grove. Did the eagles try these. I hear Ironton now has a 10 game schedule. But then again Ironton is a big time team with a winning record each year!

Russell also picked up Pikeville in Raceland's place. It's not that hard to schedule good teams.
Truth Wrote:Ashland won't, and shouldn't, play Fairview because there is nothing to be gained by playing a Class 1A school. The same should be said about Ashland playing Raceland.

If you look at the series. The record isn't that bad.
Also the Rams pack Putnam stadium. The Rams receive a huge payday. Over 5k.. So why not?
football 105 Wrote:If you look at the series. The record isn't that bad.
Also the Rams pack Putnam stadium. The Rams receive a huge payday. Over 5k.. So why not?

All true, football 105. But of what real benefit is the game to Ashland? I would not argue that it is good for Raceland financially and in preparing them for the playoffs. However, Ashland can't prepare to compete with the northern Kentuckly powers by playing Raceland or Fairview.

I'll add that the Rams have won more of those Ashland games than one would have expected. Good for them. Good program.
Truth Wrote:All true, football 105. But of what real benefit is the game to Ashland? I would not argue that it is good for Raceland financially and in preparing them for the playoffs. However, Ashland can't prepare to compete with the northern Kentuckly powers by playing Raceland or Fairview.

I'll add that the Rams have won more of those Ashland games than one would have expected. Good for them. Good program.

If we are competitive with them. It can't hurt. Plus, by them playing Ironton and the West Virginia team I believe George Washington high. One of the best teams in WV. They should be prepared. Plus Johnson Central and Belfry certainly can't hurt.
Plus I will say the next four or five years the tomcats might not want to play us so early in the season. They have already moved us from first game to about third game.
The tomcats are always going to have it rough as long as they have to compete against Highlands and others in the north. So glad we don't have to go through the Beechwoods anymore.
football 105 Wrote:If we are competitive with them. It can't hurt. Plus, by them playing Ironton and the West Virginia team I believe George Washington high. One of the best teams in WV. They should be prepared. Plus Johnson Central and Belfry certainly can't hurt.
Plus I will say the next four or five years the tomcats might not want to play us so early in the season. They have already moved us from first game to about third game.
The tomcats are always going to have it rough as long as they have to compete against Highlands and others in the north. So glad we don't have to go through the Beechwoods anymore.

In most years, playing Ironton, George Washington, Belfry, and Johnson Central won't prepare anyone for Highlands or CovCath.
Truth Wrote:In most years, playing Ironton, George Washington, Belfry, and Johnson Central won't prepare anyone for Highlands or CovCath.

But thats the best we got here in the northeast.
I hope the day comes that the KHSAA does take an honest look at Fairview and what they have done the last several years. It is well known about the "housing situation" there and some of the perks they give these players after school. Why this little school in Westwood is bullet proof is beyond me but I don't see it lasting forever and at the end of the season each year it will always end the same, with a loss. They will have a great regular season record due to the fact that all the teams they play combined will be hard pressed to equal more than ten wins, but when the state playoffs come and they play a team with talent AND a challenging schedule, the inevitable loss will come, not a state championship that they have been told would come with the addition(S) from other states.
Why all the jealousy? Over 100 posts on this and it's about high school kids and them winning. You guys need to get a life and worry about working, or doing something worth while this might be dumbest thread I've seen in quite sometime. Bottom line is yes they get transfers just like every other school we are in tri state so kids for Ohio and wv come here I know plenty at other schools as well. Most people just consider the eagles a doormat or homecoming game in their mind but now they can play its some excuse why but that's life nobody likes success stories
Patch Wrote:I hope the day comes that the KHSAA does take an honest look at Fairview and what they have done the last several years. It is well known about the "housing situation" there and some of the perks they give these players after school. Why this little school in Westwood is bullet proof is beyond me but I don't see it lasting forever and at the end of the season each year it will always end the same, with a loss. They will have a great regular season record due to the fact that all the teams they play combined will be hard pressed to equal more than ten wins, but when the state playoffs come and they play a team with talent AND a challenging schedule, the inevitable loss will come, not a state championship that they have been told would come with the addition(S) from other states.
You are something else. How about what ever team you cheer for, support them and leave us alone. We're the only team in the area for the past two years that went to back to back regional championships, not Raceland, the all mighty Ashland tomcats, Russell, nobody. What can u say about that??? Just leave us alone
russellpride Wrote:Why all the jealousy? Over 100 posts on this and it's about high school kids and them winning. You guys need to get a life and worry about working, or doing something worth while this might be dumbest thread I've seen in quite sometime. Bottom line is yes they get transfers just like every other school we are in tri state so kids for Ohio and wv come here I know plenty at other schools as well. Most people just consider the eagles a doormat or homecoming game in their mind but now they can play its some excuse why but that's life nobody likes success stories

But all of yours kids keep coming in from just one state. Same area in the state. And four and five each year. Least you have a limit! And getting the courts involved doesn't help what perceives to be something wrong in eagle land.
All seem to be skill players with lots of speed.
Don't understand why the opposite doesn't happen. (Average players., Big, slow, lazy.........
Eagles2012 Wrote:You are something else. How about what ever team you cheer for, support them and leave us alone. We're the only team in the area for the past two years that went to back to back regional championships, not Raceland, the all mighty Ashland tomcats, Russell, nobody. What can u say about that??? Just leave us alone

The rest don't recruit in state or out of state. We all get transfers. But we don't keep going to West Virginia and bringing them across the boarder. You could see it every now and then. But skilled and fast. Four and five each year. From the same area. From the same state.
Eagles2012 Wrote:You are something else. How about what ever team you cheer for, support them and leave us alone. We're the only team in the area for the past two years that went to back to back regional championships, not Raceland, the all mighty Ashland tomcats, Russell, nobody. What can u say about that??? Just leave us alone
Man it kills me when you fairview people gloat over Ashland. One if fairview had to play the northern Kentucky schools like Ashland does. They woul get waxed. Second every team in 1A qualifies for the playoffs even if they lose every game. Third Ashland would beat fairview by 50 in a head to head game and everyone knows it.
4 the toughest team fairview played last year was pikeville which got beat badly by belfry who only beat ashland by 1 point in a controversial game at that. So enjoy your success for a 1a school but don't act like your big dog in the area cause you beat up on Greenup county,Casey county, Paintsville,east carter,phelps,Jenkins etc... Cause your not in the same league talent wise as Ashland or Ashlands competition.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Man it kills me when you fairview people gloat over Ashland. One if fairview had to play the northern Kentucky schools like Ashland does. They woul get waxed. Second every team in 1A qualifies for the playoffs even if they lose every game. Third Ashland would beat fairview by 50 in a head to head game and everyone knows it.
4 the toughest team fairview played last year was pikeville which got beat badly by belfry who only beat ashland by 1 point in a controversial game at that. So enjoy your success for a 1a school but don't act like your big dog in the area cause you beat up on Greenup county,Casey county, Paintsville,east carter,phelps,Jenkins etc... Cause your not in the same league talent wise as Ashland or Ashlands competition.
I don't speculate who would win fairview or Ashland, don't play don't care. And they come to fairview we don't go get them. Stop bitching. Also we won our district so every single a team making the playoffs is irrevelant. fact is a fact fairview is the only team in this area that in the two previous years that was played in regional championships. End of story.
Eagles2012 Wrote:I don't speculate who would win fairview or Ashland, don't play don't care. And they come to fairview we don't go get them. Stop bitching. Also we won our district so every single a team making the playoffs is irrevelant. fact is a fact fairview is the only team in this area that in the two previous years that was played in regional championships. End of story.

No need to speculate. The outcome would be rather one-sided to say the least. Definitely end of story.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next