•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central Open
Foxtrot Wrote:In a 4 team district. They beat a poor Franklin Co. team, Pendleton, West Jess. Not strong competition. But nothing against Stepp. 5-5 this past year against a very weak schedule. Just some additional info.

Nevertheless, won the district. SV was horrible the year before. Definite improvement. You can pick apart anyone's resume. Just stating that he does a good job.
Mod needs to take the rumor off the title. Derek Forester just put it on his twitter page about Whitaker resigning so it is official.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
has anyone heard about the freshman transfers for next year?
Yogibear Wrote:Nevertheless, won the district. SV was horrible the year before. Definite improvement. You can pick apart anyone's resume. Just stating that he does a good job.

Understand that. I don't have any problem with it. Thanks for the information.
Stepp is not goin to be the next Cougar coach. Leave him at Shelby Valley and let his program play second behind basketball over there not the kind of coach we are looking for. No way Donahue will get it. Why would Letcher hire anyone from Harlan. Please Tobin Frost No one at LCC has ever wanted Dixon,or Larkey ever. So your untouchables are our unthinkables. Cougarprid08 you act like you know so much about our program and yesterday you confirm the coach has resigned. Where you been man he told the entire team this two weeks ago. He is taking a principal job in Montgomery County.
My primary point was that there does not seem to be a name put forth yet that would be resonably obtainable and still satisfy a majority of LCC supporters, at least based upon the comments posted. Just an outside observer wishing LCC the best of luck in the search.
surgeon Wrote:Stepp is not goin to be the next Cougar coach. Leave him at Shelby Valley and let his program play second behind basketball over there not the kind of coach we are looking for. No way Donahue will get it. Why would Letcher hire anyone from Harlan. Please Tobin Frost No one at LCC has ever wanted Dixon,or Larkey ever. So your untouchables are our unthinkables. Cougarprid08 you act like you know so much about our program and yesterday you confirm the coach has resigned. Where you been man he told the entire team this two weeks ago. He is taking a principal job in Montgomery County.

So, you're saying that you all wouldn't want Larkey or Dixon?
No we do not want Larkey. We need a yound head coach who will be here for a while. Who would get involved with our kids and will be apart of our community for a long time.
I spoke to someone in the know. She tells me they have at least one very strong candidate from outside the area. Not a name mentioned. I think it sounds like they want to keep it that way for now.
Spring practice is just around the corner. Will they keep the rest of the coaching staff?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Yogibear Wrote:So, you're saying that you all wouldn't want Larkey or Dixon?

You may feel that way. I bet if they could get a big name no matter what the age, they'd be all over it. Certain people win no matter where they go.
Soap opera for a few weeks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

mines well bring Hillard back before even thinking about larkey.
We want Chapman or Holland
surgeon Wrote:mines well bring Hillard back before even thinking about larkey.

They'd take him in a heartbeat too. Coach Larkey is a great coach. We are glad to have him in Harlan County. You take who you want. We'll keep him for sure. I was just making the point that some people are winners. Coach Larkey and Hillard fall in that category.
Just heard that Dudley "big dad" Hilton is taking the job. Said it was set in stone!
Big Seth Hall will be in blue and white this football season.
wildone89 Wrote:Just heard that Dudley "big dad" Hilton is taking the job. Said it was set in stone!

That would not surprise me at all!!
Not a chance he would leave UPike!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:Not a chance he would leave UPike!

Coach Hilton is a little too long in the tooth for some of you Letcher guys any way.
I will say this and it is my last comment.. Randy Frazier better find him a place to go, Middlesboro will destroy his coaching career.. He is a good coach, but success at the boro will hurt him the longer he stays there.
Can of Corn Wrote:I just did.

Well, that shows just how smart you are then buddy. But with a name like "can of corn", I mean what would you expect.
Seth Hall from Jenkins will be attending LCC.
surgeon Wrote:Stepp is not goin to be the next Cougar coach. Leave him at Shelby Valley and let his program play second behind basketball over there not the kind of coach we are looking for. No way Donahue will get it. Why would Letcher hire anyone from Harlan. Please Tobin Frost No one at LCC has ever wanted Dixon,or Larkey ever. So your untouchables are our unthinkables. Cougarprid08 you act like you know so much about our program and yesterday you confirm the coach has resigned. Where you been man he told the entire team this two weeks ago. He is taking a principal job in Montgomery County.
My statement that is was official was to get the rumor tag off the name of the thread.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I heard today that Coach Stepp was the man that they wanted.
H2O Wrote:I heard today that Coach Stepp was the man that they wanted.

They are not serious about football then!! IMO Stepp does not have a chance at the job.
Stepp does not fit the criteria.
UKisN1 Wrote:Stepp does not fit the criteria.

Whose criteria? Maybe not yours. No one on this board will be doing the hiring.
If LCC will pay some big bucks to bring in a good defensive coordinator Stepp will make the Cougars the most exciting AND successful team in the mountains!
Yogibear Wrote:Whose criteria? Maybe not yours. No one on this board will be doing the hiring.

How do you think Whitaker got the job. No one was interviewed when he got it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next