Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(2) Kentucky 75 - (11) Kansas 65
Dr. B Wrote:Actually Lamb will be there to knock down the big three like he did last night (three goggles) and miller will watch from the bench... butthurt?? is that the best you can do?? damn i would hate to hear your pick up lines

Try watchinghthe WHOLE floor, then maybe you'll notice Miller
drawing the D then htting Lamb for a wide open shot, Or Miller
screening for Lamb to get him another wide open look. Love Lamb,
but he and the team are better with Miller on the floor.
Typical freshmen first half. Teaque trying to do to much. but in the 2nd half he settled down and became a PG. Cats are dangerous!! Enough said
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
theVILLE Wrote:Actually with that hook shot of his he could very easily become a player to dominate the block! However he cant play defense on the block, his body just doesnt match up with the bigs at the college level. But the potential is there for it!

Yeah...with that shot, he'd be great working from about 10-15 feet out pretty much doing whatever he wants. I was just talking about bangin down low..he's so light.
Dr. B Wrote:Deserves to start?? look at his numbers compared to the starters of last nights game, no way he deserves to start... I guess I am hating but only because he has been the weak link for the past two years and ive gave up on him having a break out season its just not going to happen

Weak link? You idiot, the cats wouldn't have won the SEC tourney last year if not for miller? He stepped up big time for us. You don't know what on earth your talking about.
Dr. B Wrote:Sry that im not on his D**k like you are but i just dont see how 5pt in 20min makes you good.... Is he still going to be a first round pick or did u change your mind after seeing 5 real first round picks start and play a game

Again you joke, he also had 4 assists. 4 assists leads to 8 points if you didn't know that and i think one of them was a 3 for lamb. Take those points away UK wins by 1. Just stop posting? Your making me sick. And why are you talking about sitting on his D**k? Did you lady tell you how good it was?
SPARTY Wrote:Gilchrist sucks! As well as the rest of the team besides Wiltjer and Cal is to dumb to even play him!

lol. Projected to go #4 in the NBA draft? & He sucks? I guess lol.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Typical freshmen first half. Teaque trying to do to much. but in the 2nd half he settled down and became a PG. Cats are dangerous!! Enough said

Agreed. I feel that this team is WAYYYY better than last night. Let's face it, Davis was really not that good last night. He, IMO, will be UK's bet interior player come the end of the season.
Alright now, keep the wheels on the track! Stick to talking about basketball.

Meant for posts above Stardust
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Stardust;1310967[INDENT Wrote:[/INDENT]
Agreed. I feel that this team is WAYYYY better than last night. Let's face it, Davis was really not that good last night. He, IMO, will be UK's bet interior player come the end of the season.

I agree! He's a monster, and blocks every shot.
#BBFL
Im not going to overrate a kid just because he is from Kentucky and has been in the program for four yrs. Yes, he has been on an NIT team and a FF team.. but he was the weak link on all those teams!!... everyone says he has size and can wear a smaller defender out thats true but when does he do it??.. he can defend very well (thats why he needs to come off the bench for limited min because he can defend and shoot the three ball when he is wide open)... Ill admit he made me eat my words last yr in the SEC tourney and I told everyone that but when it to the important one the NCAA tourney i dont remember him being on the floor.. If he is such the leader you guys talk about then why dont cal look at him to take the big shot at the end of the game??... yes the cats did look better the other night when he was in the game, yes he did see the floor well and make great passes (when he wasnt turning the ball over) but miller has been this system for three yrs now the other guys one mounth (exception jones and miller) so of course he is going to look better passing and the team will play better... but are you all to stupid to realize we have 5 studs on this yr team 5 future first round picks... that need to be on the floor and learn the offense.. yea its important to win now but if we drop a game or two now to get better for march then i will take that.. its simple miller needs to come off the bench to give this team the spark they need when things are going bad.. it worked well to me the other night a ten pt win!!
Dr. B Wrote:Im not going to overrate a kid just because he is from Kentucky and has been in the program for four yrs. Yes, he has been on an NIT team and a FF team.. but he was the weak link on all those teams!!... everyone says he has size and can wear a smaller defender out thats true but when does he do it??.. he can defend very well (thats why he needs to come off the bench for limited min because he can defend and shoot the three ball when he is wide open)... Ill admit he made me eat my words last yr in the SEC tourney and I told everyone that but when it to the important one the NCAA tourney i dont remember him being on the floor.. If he is such the leader you guys talk about then why dont cal look at him to take the big shot at the end of the game??... yes the cats did look better the other night when he was in the game, yes he did see the floor well and make great passes (when he wasnt turning the ball over) but miller has been this system for three yrs now the other guys one mounth (exception jones and miller) so of course he is going to look better passing and the team will play better... but are you all to stupid to realize we have 5 studs on this yr team 5 future first round picks... that need to be on the floor and learn the offense.. yea its important to win now but if we drop a game or two now to get better for march then i will take that.. its simple miller needs to come off the bench to give this team the spark they need when things are going bad.. it worked well to me the other night a ten pt win!!

First thing is , you pretty obviously don't understand what a leader
IS. Like most casual sports fans, you don't understand anything
beyond who scores the most. There are so many facets to very sport,
and the guy who scores the most always gets the glory, but
there are so many other things that go in to winning, and the
leaders very often are the guys that do these things without
the glory.

I'll agree that Miller spent 2 and a half years failing to fulfill
his role. But he was the KEY to UK's turnaround last season.
And there would have been no FF without him. And this season
it's VERY probable that he will NOT put up the raw numbers
that he did last year, but it won;t mean he's any less important.

And even in this post you already are taking backwater. You started by saying
he was awful and shouldn't be playing. But now you think he needs to be the
6th man. Just admit you made a really DUMB post, without thinking,
and proveed from there. No shame in LEARNING.
DSRfan Wrote:First thing is , you pretty obviously don't understand what a leader
IS. Like most casual sports fans, you don't understand anything
beyond who scores the most. There are so many facets to very sport,
and the guy who scores the most always gets the glory, but
there are so many other things that go in to winning, and the
leaders very often are the guys that do these things without
the glory.

I'll agree that Miller spent 2 and a half years failing to fulfill
his role. But he was the KEY to UK's turnaround last season.
And there would have been no FF without him. And this season
it's VERY probable that he will NOT put up the raw numbers
that he did last year, but it won;t mean he's any less important.

And even in this post you already are taking backwater. You started by saying
he was awful and shouldn't be playing. But now you think he needs to be the
6th man. Just admit you made a really DUMB post, without thinking,
and proveed from there. No shame in LEARNING.
I do understand what a leader is.. it is a senior who is coming off the bench without a word said to give his team a better chance of winning.. I know scoring is not everything and i never said it was but they are other ppl on this team that do all the little things better... Miller does have an important role on this team and i hope he does a good job at it.... everyone wants to bash me when I say Miller should come off the bench I just want to know how many of you sports guru's on here would bash coach Cal because he odviously feels the same way??
Dr. B Wrote:I do understand what a leader is.. it is a senior who is coming off the bench without a word said to give his team a better chance of winning.. I know scoring is not everything and i never said it was but they are other ppl on this team that do all the little things better... Miller does have an important role on this team and i hope he does a good job at it.... everyone wants to bash me when I say Miller should come off the bench I just want to know how many of you sports guru's on here would bash coach Cal because he odviously feels the same way??

Guess you don't read the papers either do you? Cal said he was
bringing Miller off the bench in order to let Lamb and Gilchrist
start in front of the home folks. But this isn't even about starting.
In your first post you said Miller sucked and shouldn't play.
And NO, there's NO ONE on this team that does all the
little things better than Miller. We should hope they ALL take
a cue from him and do so. With their huge talent, they WOULD go
40-0 in that case.
If you were going to bench a sr would you not make up a excuse to tell him and the public to keep him from being so down on himself?... did you not read the papers he said Gilchrist has to start? so tell me big guy who is gona sit if this happens??... Do you even think miller would be on this team if cal would of been the coach millers sr yr?? no his spot would of been filled by someone way better another 5 star stud
Dr. B your crazy man thats all im gonna say. Uk cant win any championship with just the 5 all stars they have anyway, my point is that EVERY player on Cals roster is a vital part to Kentucky success especially miller. Without their bench Kentucky would be up shit creek without paddle. miller is a VERY important part of this team, you just dont like him which is fine but i guarantee you that your mind will change after this season is over
DSRfan Wrote:The sky may be the limit for Gilchrist. And he WILL be huge
for the Cats his year with his drive. But he's not in the same
ballpark with Miller as far as being a complete player. Miller
is obviously a better shooter, passer and all-around defender
than Gilchrist right now. If Gilchrist uses Miller as a role model,
he wil be a helluva player because his physical skills are superior.

Completely disagree. Only thing Miller has on Gilchrist is shooting and experience. Gilchrist is better in every other aspect of the game. He's aggressive, a player maker, a excellent passer, and does all the little things. Darius is still the same Darius he was when he was a freshman, but he can shoot much better. He's still rarely aggressive. He has almost as much talent as Gilchrist, but it'll never be reach because he is too laid back on the court.
Now I love Darius as much as I love all the UK players, so don't think I hate him for some odd reason. Darius should start, Gilchrist be the spark off the bench, and get starters minutes.
Aslan Wrote:Completely disagree. Only thing Miller has on Gilchrist is shooting and experience. Gilchrist is better in every other aspect of the game. He's aggressive, a player maker, a excellent passer, and does all the little things. Darius is still the same Darius he was when he was a freshman, but he can shoot much better. He's still rarely aggressive. He has almost as much talent as Gilchrist, but it'll never be reach because he is too laid back on the court.
Now I love Darius as much as I love all the UK players, so don't think I hate him for some odd reason. Darius should start, Gilchrist be the spark off the bench, and get starters minutes.

You're watching a different team than I am then. Haven't seen Gilchrist
making any plays other than his OWN as of yet. He did get caught in the
air and see Davis who bailed him out. He's shown no particular propensity
as a passer, and while he's done a very good job as a one on one defender,
he certainly isn't catching the whole floor like Miller does yet.

I fully expect Gilchrist to end up as a better all around defender.
He's probably already a better rebounder, and may develop into a better passer, and has the potential to be a far better all around player.
But right now, you're just letting his greater athleticism blind you
to the reality that Miller is a better player, FOR NOW, in most
respects. And while Darius is never going to be confused for
"aggressive", to say he's the same player he was as a freshman
is ASSININE. Over the latter half of last season, Darius became
exactly what that team (and now this) needed. A player
who understands his role, and does what is NEEDED from
him, and not more. He gets KEY rebounds. He blocks
shots on help D, he gets rebounds when things are getting tight,
and he slips inside for his shot when we need a bucket,
or drains a big 3.

I don't know what's keeping you guys from seeing this,
but Darius was the KEY to our FF run last year. And
he was the KEY to the second half turnaround against
Kansas.UK fans should be tickled TO DEATH we have this
guy, as his talents and willinginess to play his role,
are JUST what this team of super talent needs to
mesh it together.
Dr. B Wrote:If you were going to bench a sr would you not make up a excuse to tell him and the public to keep him from being so down on himself?... did you not read the papers he said Gilchrist has to start? so tell me big guy who is gona sit if this happens??... Do you even think miller would be on this team if cal would of been the coach millers sr yr?? no his spot would of been filled by someone way better another 5 star stud

I'd say Cal would have HAPPILY taken him out of h.s. And not having suffered under BCG's paranoiac personality, Darius would likely have developed
into what he now is much quicker. Darius has the most unassuming personality
you will ever see for a star basketball recruit. And BCG's lunacy
probably harmed him more than any other Cat. Jody Meeks just seemed to
get po'ed by it and play harder. With the level of Cal's recruiting,
Darius probably never would have been more than the role player
he is now, but it's a key role, and one I'm sure Cal himself would
tell you is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.

And in any event, I'm not even talking about who starts here.
I'm purely talking about the fact that this team NEEDS what
Miler gives them. And that he IS a better all-around player
than any of them RIGHT NOW, outside of Jones. Not saying
that all the freshmen won't end up being better, maybe even
by the end of this year. But they're not RIGHT NOW.
Stardust Wrote:Agreed. I feel that this team is WAYYYY better than last night. Let's face it, Davis was really not that good last night. He, IMO, will be UK's bet interior player come the end of the season.

I agree, I would say that we played to about half of our ability in the first half, about 80-85% in the second half. MKG and Davis are still trying to find their offensive game, Teague is still getting used to playing with teammates that have arms and legs. Give them a couple months and this team will be very good. Come March, scary good.
The unheralded player is the one that makes all the difference.

Last year everyone talked shit about Liggins, but without him there would be no shot at the final four. You need defense to win it all. That is what Miller provides. That is why he, and vargas are going to be integral to this team, but will go unheralded all year.
If Miller doesn't play in that game we are at the least losing at the half, maybe at the end. This team depends on the success of Miller and Lamb, especially early on.
I think all of our top 7-8 players are absolutely vital to this team, and i'm glad we have all of them. UK played an awesome 2nd half, looked like world beaters. Oh yeah, Doron Lamb = best 3 point shooter in the nation.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:The unheralded player is the one that makes all the difference.

Last year everyone talked shit about Liggins, but without him there would be no shot at the final four. You need defense to win it all. That is what Miller provides. That is why he, and vargas are going to be integral to this team, but will go unheralded all year.

Excellent point about Liggins. And I think this team can win
it all without significant contribution from Vargas. If he
CAN play meangingful minutes and give D and boards, then
HOW can anyone beat UK?
Once Gilchrist gets in the flow of the Dribble Drive, and we have set plays for his driving ability, along with his ability in the open court and his passes out of the drive, he will be a top 5 player in the country, easily.
vundy33 Wrote:Once Gilchrist gets in the flow of the Dribble Drive, and we have set plays for his driving ability, along with his ability in the open court and his passes out of the drive, he will be a top 5 player in the country, easily.

Totally agree! And he really needs to work on his outside shot as well.
#BBFL
vundy33 Wrote:Once Gilchrist gets in the flow of the Dribble Drive, and we have set plays for his driving ability, along with his ability in the open court and his passes out of the drive, he will be a top 5 player in the country, easily.

Easily a Lottery pick in the NBA
^Very easily.
#BBFL
2012 Draftpicks:

Gilchrist - Lottery
Jones - Maybe Lottery / 1st round
Davis - 1st Round
Teague - 1st Round
Lamb - 1st Round
Miller - 2nd Round