Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 50 Johnson Central 49 (15th Region)
TheRealVille Wrote:The only point I agree with on peoples Expo opinions is that SV played 3 games there this year. They've just played 6 games at SV. Betsy Lane is the only other team in the 15th have had that advantage. It's like a home court to them.

I actually think tonight will make 5 games there for Pikeville this season.
MonsterMan Wrote:Congrats to SV for the win, you played your game and won.

Anyone who knows anything about basketball knows the JC talent was 10 points better. SV was better coached and executed a great game plan.

Every year the JC middle school turns out enough talent to keep three high shcools going. They get to the high school and nothing happens. How much longer are we going to waste all this talent put up with this situation?

I agree with an eariler post, the Expo gives the advantage to the Pike Co schools and it does not feel like a high school game in there. We need rotate it back north to a high school gym and even it out. I guesss since the Expo is one biggest mistakes the tax payers have to pay for so they try anything to keep it busy.

is their a high school or area North or west or North West that could hold A 4 Team game night and seat 8000 people and where every seat is a good seat like that center you people have in the 15th Region area? You could be like us or others and not have that place and have to turn some people away due to fire codes . Or are you the type that would keep pushing the cattle in til the truck is full. You know what that gets you don't you Cow sh## in your face or a horn where you don't want it. So quit crying get a new coach or just except the loss and be happy. Tell your coach to schedule games at the bigger gyms or even there . Get Your players use to the high ceilings.
itzAmazing Wrote:Huge win for Valley, they are peaking at just the right time.
sorry to disagree but if they are peaking as you say then there is no more improving, but with that many turnovers they must protect the ball more and turn them into points. IF they can do this and make their free trows then I'll say their at their best and peaking.
Congrats Valley on a great win.
OK, 1st time on here in months. Just wanted to see who was belly-aching on JC losing. Coaches fault, Parker's fault, Expo's fault, or refs fault! I see all is present.
WE GOT BEAT! PERIOD! COULDN'T PUT ONE IN THE BASKET AND SV PLAYED THEIR BUTTS OFF! Plain and simple!

I do have a complaint with the ADVANTAGE some team have at the EXPO.

NO TEAM, I REPEAT NO TEAM, should have a game @ the EXPO until the region, period. If you let one, let them all. If the expo needs the $$, let the teams come in free of charge and play a game or two and let the expo sell concessions. Most teams I think would do that. When you have a classic tourney every year, THAT GIVES THE TEAMS IN IT AN ADVANTAGE! PERIOD!

The All A tourney is for small schools, right????????? Do you need 4,000 seats, or is it great to have the experience in the gym for the "BIG" tournament?????????

Just my opinion. You may not like it, but as they say, "Who cares"!:Thumbs:
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:is their a high school or area North or west or North West that could hold A 4 Team game night and seat 8000 people and where every seat is a good seat like that center you people have in the 15th Region area? You could be like us or others and not have that place and have to turn some people away due to fire codes . Or are you the type that would keep pushing the cattle in til the truck is full. You know what that gets you don't you Cow sh## in your face or a horn where you don't want it. So quit crying get a new coach or just except the loss and be happy. Tell your coach to schedule games at the bigger gyms or even there . Get Your players use to the high ceilings.

It's actually accept.
eaglesrule Wrote:The Expo isn't a neutral sight. SV had played at least 3 games there this year while JC had played none. However, JC did not come to play, were way too cocky, and main players couldn't score.

Any high school can play a "home" game in the EXPO. Pikeville College is always looking for high school games before their games. Of course the high school team would not get the gate or concessions.
jchsrulz Wrote:OK, 1st time on here in months. Just wanted to see who was belly-aching on JC losing. Coaches fault, Parker's fault, Expo's fault, or refs fault! I see all is present.
WE GOT BEAT! PERIOD! COULDN'T PUT ONE IN THE BASKET AND SV PLAYED THEIR BUTTS OFF! Plain and simple!

NO TEAM, I REPEAT NO TEAM, should have a game @ the EXPO until the region, period. If you let one, let them all. If the expo needs the $$, let the teams come in free of charge and play a game or two and let the expo sell concessions. Most teams I think would do that. When you have a classic tourney every year, THAT GIVES THE TEAMS IN IT AN ADVANTAGE! PERIOD!

The All A tourney is for small schools, right????????? Do you need 4,000 seats, or is it great to have the experience in the gym for the "BIG" tournament?????????

Any team can play in the EXPO during the season.:popcorn:
jchsrulz Wrote:OK, 1st time on here in months. Just wanted to see who was belly-aching on JC losing. Coaches fault, Parker's fault, Expo's fault, or refs fault! I see all is present.

You do realize JC has hosted at least one home game I know of at the Expo Center?
jetpilot Wrote:I see a pattern of complaining. Anyone who complains about driving on a nice 4-lane highway on a beautiful sunny day to a basketball game played in a beautiful arena simply needs to just stay at the house.
:rockon:
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:No school in this region should be able to compete with JC in any sports.

As for the expo center it is the only place that could do it. In 08 when we played valley there were at least 4,000 fans, I believe there were more there for that game than either of the "Record Breaking" Georgetown, and Pikeville college games. There isnt a high school gym in the state that could've held that crowd.
Exactly. This allows the large crowds, good parking, and a comfortable environment to watch a big game.
Panther Thunder Wrote:You do realize JC has hosted at least one home game I know of at the Expo Center?

Yes I do. I am for the EXPO. I LOVE the EXPO! I just see where certain schools get the advantage of it being located in Pike County. Can these schools help that they are that close, no. Do you really think that the JC crowd would travel to the expo for a regular season game as they would if it was 10-15 minutes from their school? I think not, but that is me.
JC probably would be able to handle the $$ aspect more than other teams, but I am making my opinion made for the schools that probably couldn't handle the loss of $$ of changing the venue on a Tuesday night game.

You are right, I think it may have been last year we played a home game @ the EXPO. But my mind is fading a little.... who did we host?????

Scroll down for the answer...

HAIL PIKEVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eyeroll:
PantherTradition Wrote:Any team can play in the EXPO during the season.:popcorn:

THAT WILL BE $4.00 FOR THE POPCORN. :eyeroll:
I have watched several JC basketball games and in most part very good games when they play TEAM ball which is very few i don t blame the kids because they only do what the coach lets them by with .you have to many so called coaches setting on the bench doing what ,at any time you can look at the bench and they are 4 or 5 grown men jumping up and down and if you are a player who do you listen to . There is absolutely NO discipline on this team all they do is run an gun . When they play like a team they can't be beat. But guess what its to late. the coach should have never been brought back after loosing out of the District Game last year .Good luck to all the Seniors and i hope you go on and play in the next level because you all deserve to play if that is what you want. JC also needs to look at helping these kids play sports in the next level,because as a senior parent i am finding out that these colleges are contacting the coaches and they are not returning calls, putting letters in file 13,and by the time you get to them its to late. I realize the head coach can do only so much but what about these so called coaches that ware the shirt ,make them earn that shirt other than getting in free to all games and events delegate, jobs out such as stats college look at stats,the kid can contact colleges with a little help as you can tell i m not only talking about Basketball ,Football also needs help. I mean take the football team and the basketball team that we had this year there is not but one reason that we didn't make it to STATE (COACHES,COACHES,COACHES,AND FINALLY OUT COACHED[INDENT][/INDENT]
Johnson Central - 42 rebounds but only 4 assists.
Shelby Valley 26 tournovers.

Johnson Central 11/64 from field. 17%

This is according to WSIP and not official.
neverguesswhoiam Wrote:I wouldn't call an 11-17 record with only 2 signature wins great.

I never said they where great. Read the post. I said they are a rebuilding team getting better each game.
pikevilleout Wrote:The Expo is a great site for these boys and girls, where else will the get to play in a Arena of this size or a place that can hold a big crowd? with all of that noise and etc...It does give them the best atmosphere for them to get ready to play at rupp or bowling green...

Plus it is a 45 min trip for East Ridge to the Expo Center, a 30 min trip for Belfry and a 45 min trip for Phelps...All these schools located in PIKE Co...isn't P'burg only 30 mins from Pikeville and Johnson Central or Paintsville 15 mins past that...so a total of 45 mins for them...Couldn't we say its a neutral site to play?

You can't blame the refs or the so called home calls on the Expo either? They are from the 16th Region...if any thing....look who the 15th plays in the 1st round game of the sweet sixteen (Example Girls play the 16th region first round) If there is anything wrong with that, then the KHSAA needs to look into it...

Valley just outplayed JC and valley won...No other way around it...

:Clap::Thumbs:
Bob Seger Wrote:I guess if we won the thing at the expo this year, I venture to say that not the first word would have been said about anything. It's only when you loose that the griping starts about little things that are irrelevant to the basketball game.

Whoever goes to Rupp will have the same economic obstacles only on a much larger scale when you go down there and I dare to say there would not be the first person post on here about how prohibitive the costs are. They will buy the $4 gas to run in their 12MPG 4-wheel drive, pay $150 for a motel room, eat out at the nice restaraunts at $30 a plate, pay $5 for the parking, pay the big price for the tickets, and buy the $4 popcorn and the $5 cokes, all with a big ol smile on their face just like it's vacation time in the Bahamas.

:thatsfunn:lmao::Thumbs:
Well, I got on here to see how far the valley fans would blow this "big win" from a self destructed team out of proportion, but there covering thier bets a little better than usual, so congrats valley on a nice deserved win!

Now to comment on "eagles' post. I agree with you, I watched the game the other night and my friend asked me as he is not familiar with the program "which one of those is JCCHS's coach". They do seem to have to many voices over there, but seems like with that many, one of them would get it right!
Sounds like paintsvilles football program lol.
Mr. Postman Wrote:just like to take this time to congratulate my fav. player on j.c,'s team.:Clap: you've played behind other name player's all year son, even though in my opinion the team could'nt do without your hustle and your heart!!:Thumbs: even though you had to play in the shadows of other's you still were no.1 in my heart. i think tonight's game proved to everyone what kind of man you are, your hustle, your grit, a heart that just would not give up, player of the game by WSIP, should make all regional team, unless they forget your name,lol, if they don't choose you ,i'll buy you a trophy!:1: i love ya #13, TATE SALYER. enjoyed watching you play, good luck to you, my baby boy!:Clap::Clap:

The reason why JC couldnt pull it out was because everyone wanted to be the superstar, honestly. If they actually wanted to win they should have played team ball instead of watching the AND1 mixtape before the game...they were loaded with athletes tho....congrats tate
IRISH4 Wrote:It's actually accept.
i'm sorry