Poll: Who wins between the Bulldogs and the Rockets?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lawrence County
55.56%
Rockcastle County
44.44%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle Co. @ Lawrence Co. 11/5
lc has one of the better rushing attacks in the mountians..luckily for rock they are masters of stopping the run. I'll take rock by a td

Rock-28
LC-21
on behalf of our rock team, we appreaciate you fans telling us how there is no way you can throw the ball. Now we can just stack the line with about 10 guys now. thanks.
Go Dawgs!!!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Rock....
Here in the thread you pick Rock but in this weeks pickem contest you pick Lawrence Co. Hmmm. I guess in the thread you say what your heart want's and in the contest you go with your gut feeling's I guess :eyeroll:
So what does the injury report look like for the Dawgs in this one? I know Marcum went down last week what is his status? And how many ejections did we have last week that will keep them from playing this week? Lot's of question's here any answers?
I just saw the weather report for Friday night.....chance of snow flurries??....wow! I reckon we'll be packin' the hot chocolate.
Dawg Family Wrote:So what does the injury report look like for the Dawgs in this one? I know Marcum went down last week what is his status? And how many ejections did we have last week that will keep them from playing this week? Lot's of question's here any answers?
I don't believe we had any ejections.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:I don't believe we had any ejections.
That's great I was listening to the game on the radio and they thought that maybe Mr. Crum had been so that is good news for the dawgs.:Thumbs:
Lawrence County 8-2

Paintsville 3-7
Shelby Valley 3-7
East Ridge 5-5
Sheldon Clark 5-5
East Carter 1-9
Winfield, WV 3-7
Greenup County 5-5
Rowan County 9-1
Boyd County 1-9
Tolsia, WV 2-7
Combined Opponents record 37-62

Rockcastle County 4-6

Danville 7-3
Wayne County 5-5
Lincoln County 4-6
Pulaski County 9-1
Bell County 10-0
Madison Southern 1-9
Knox Central 8-2
MCcreary Central 2-8
Southwestern 6-4
Whitley County 5-5

Combined Opponents record 57-43

Past games between the two

1999 region championship Lawrence 48 Rock 14
2000 first round playoffs Rock 42 Lawrence 6
2003 first round playoffs Rock 14 Lawrence 12
2004 first round playoffs Rock 42 Lawrence 20

Rock leads the series 3-1
The last time they played was November 5, 2004
Lawrence County injury report: LC is fully healthy this week for the first time since the Sheldon Clark game, they got one of their lineman back and full strength and fullback will play.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Lawrence County injury report: LC is fully healthy this week for the first time since the Sheldon Clark game, they got one of their lineman back and full strength and fullback will play.

Which one of the lineman?
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Lawrence County 8-2

Paintsville 3-7
Shelby Valley 3-7
East Ridge 5-5
Sheldon Clark 5-5
East Carter 1-9
Winfield, WV 3-7
Greenup County 5-5
Rowan County 9-1
Boyd County 1-9
Tolsia, WV 2-7

Rockcastle County 4-6

Danville 7-3
Wayne County 5-5
Lincoln County 4-6
Pulaski County 9-1
Bell County 10-0
Madison Southern 1-9
Knox Central 8-2
MCcreary Central 2-8
Southwestern 6-4
Whitley County 5-5

Nice post very informative. Shaping up to be a very interesting game. Possible snow, maybe 20 degree weather.
former Wrote:on behalf of our rock team, we appreaciate you fans telling us how there is no way you can throw the ball. Now we can just stack the line with about 10 guys now. thanks.

LC is very capable of throwing, Hayden has passed for over 1000 yards with little over 100 attempts. 3 players have received for over 400 yards this year, with a total of 16 receiving touchdowns, thats not too bad for a running team.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Lawrence County 8-2

Paintsville 3-7
Shelby Valley 3-7
East Ridge 5-5
Sheldon Clark 5-5
East Carter 1-9
Winfield, WV 3-7
Greenup County 5-5
Rowan County 9-1
Boyd County 1-9
Tolsia, WV 2-7

Rockcastle County 4-6

Danville 7-3
Wayne County 5-5
Lincoln County 4-6
Pulaski County 9-1
Bell County 10-0
Madison Southern 1-9
Knox Central 8-2
MCcreary Central 2-8
Southwestern 6-4
Whitley County 5-5

Great Post
papagrit Wrote:I just saw the weather report for Friday night.....chance of snow flurries??....wow! I reckon we'll be packin' the hot chocolate.

Ya its supposed to be really cold lol. Dress warm
SweetLemonade Wrote:Ya its supposed to be really cold lol. Dress warm

Oh yeah.....Me and Mamagrit will be the ones doing the Michelin Man impersonations with the long handles, the insulated bibs and the Carhart's on. Just look for the two people waddling in wearing brown.:biggrin:
thewiz Wrote:1 player can lose a football game my friend....
I really hope you are an Rock fan..because we don't need bad attitudes like yours on our side of the field.....
ballfan87 Wrote:I really hope you are an Rock fan..because we don't need bad attitudes like yours on our side of the field.....

Oh hes a lawrence county fan. u better be glad names are anonymous on this thing or ud be run outta LC with pitch forks and torches.
Defiant Wrote:Oh hes a lawrence county fan. u better be glad names are anonymous on this thing or ud be run outta LC with pitch forks and torches.

theres one in every town lol
4ThePlayerz Wrote:I think I am gonna have to go with Rock in this one.......I think Rock puts 11 in the box and forces LC to rely on the passing game...........This will put LC totally out of their game plan........not gonna give a score just yet......maybe later on in the week i will..........:Thumbs:

33-27...............THE ROCK TAKES IT................GIVING THEM ANOTHER CHANCE ON DUDLEY HILTON FIELD..............BELL CO STADIUM.........:popcorn:
senior jacob holbrook guard is back
if rock doesnt think lc can pass, then they will be in for a long night
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Lawrence County injury report: LC is fully healthy this week for the first time since the Sheldon Clark game, they got one of their lineman back and full strength and fullback will play.
Thanks for the info. The dawgs should be ready to go this Friday This just might be one of the better teams they have seen this year. They will need to be ready GO DAWGS.
cardsfan98 Wrote:I'm going to call it like this. LC gave us in Martin Co. one heck of a game. There schedule may have been weak this year but they played with heart and played hard. Good luck going forward boys and we will see next year with that much improved schedule.

Classy post!!! and good luck to the cards as well!! :Thumbs:
CatDawg Wrote:Shelldon Clark and East Ridge remain on the schedule just as district games now. Tolsia remains as well. Belfry and PCC from this year are close to being equal to Rowan and Greenup of this year. Ashland is better than Body, Pburg is better than Shelby Valley, Letcher County Central is equal to Winfield, Raceland is better than Paintsville. However, Jackson County could possibly be worse than East Carter and might be the worst program we've ever played. They haven't won since Halloween of 2008 and only have seven victories in the history of the program. So the schedule has gotten a bit tougher but still isn't that much better unless some of these programs get dramatically better by next year.
Do you know Bell co. schedule for next year and why would such a great team, which they are, drop down to 3A. I hear everyone complaining about LC schedule(this years and next). But if bell co is so great why wouldn't they seek out greater competition instead of bragging on beating on all these teams they so proudly proclaim to be nobodies. Why don't they step up and play someone on there level instead chasing what they call (weak) teams. sounds to me like bell co has a complex problem, but thats jus me.
papagrit Wrote:Oh yeah.....Me and Mamagrit will be the ones doing the Michelin Man impersonations with the long handles, the insulated bibs and the Carhart's on. Just look for the two people waddling in wearing brown.:biggrin:

:lmao:
that was hilarious reading, lol
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:theres one in every town lol

Amen to that, dude.:eyeroll:....maybe two in some cases.:blabbermo:blabbermo:biggrin: Do you suppose any exist on here representing Rockcastle?Confusedhh::biggrin:
shadow308 Wrote:Do you know Bell co. schedule for next year and why would such a great team, which they are, drop down to 3A. I hear everyone complaining about LC schedule(this years and next). But if bell co is so great why wouldn't they seek out greater competition instead of bragging on beating on all these teams they so proudly proclaim to be nobodies. Why don't they step up and play someone on there level instead chasing what they call (weak) teams. sounds to me like bell co has a complex problem, but thats jus me.

Well I didn't think next years schedule for Bell was out, and what does that have to do with this game?
shadow308 Wrote:Do you know Bell co. schedule for next year and why would such a great team, which they are, drop down to 3A. I hear everyone complaining about LC schedule(this years and next). But if bell co is so great why wouldn't they seek out greater competition instead of bragging on beating on all these teams they so proudly proclaim to be nobodies. Why don't they step up and play someone on there level instead chasing what they call (weak) teams. sounds to me like bell co has a complex problem, but thats jus me.

Something has officially frozen over because I am about to defend Bell county! :eek:

To speak to the bolded, a team cannot CHOOSE to drop or rise. If this was the case, Highlands would be in their own class by themselves :lmao: Normally, they do have some good teams on the schedule: Knox Central, Rockcastle and Harlan County just off the top of my head. I am sure they play more.

You saw Rockcastle's schedule that RockSolid posted. Keep in mind that the schedule is that good WITH two district teams (you HAVE to play) that have a combined record of 3-17!!!

I wonder what the schedule-strength would look like if districts were taken out? The only non-district team that Rockcastle has played with a losing record is Lincoln County. The only district OR non-district team that Lawrence County has played that HAS a winning record is Rowan County!

I understand that you can only play who is on your schedule but the schedule is NOT helping Lawrence County. Even if they win on Friday, they really need to fix a schedule that prepares them for the playoffs, not pads their stats/record.
LWC Wrote:Something has officially frozen over because I am about to defend Bell county! :eek:

To speak to the bolded, a team cannot CHOOSE to drop or rise. If this was the case, Highlands would be in their own class by themselves :lmao: Normally, they do have some good teams on the schedule: Knox Central, Rockcastle and Harlan County just off the top of my head. I am sure they play more.

You saw Rockcastle's schedule that RockSolid posted. Keep in mind that the schedule is that good WITH two district teams (you HAVE to play) that have a combined record of 3-17!!!

I wonder what the schedule-strength would look like if districts were taken out? The only non-district team that Rockcastle has played with a losing record is Lincoln County. The only district OR non-district team that Lawrence County has played that HAS a winning record is Rowan County!

I understand that you can only play who is on your schedule but the schedule is NOT helping Lawrence County. Even if they win on Friday, they really need to fix a schedule that prepares them for the playoffs, not pads their stats/record.
I really don't care where Bell play's at but as for you statement that would be incorrect. Highlands elects to play up a class actually I think they have played up 2 classes but I am not sure about that. But they choose to play up for the competition. No school can choose to play down but they can ask to play up. Now maybe next year will be different IDK. But in the past that's how it was done. Hope this helps.:Thumbs: