Poll: Belfry vs. Pike Central...Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
67.39%
Pike Central
32.61%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(#3-3A) Pike Co. Central @ (#6-3A) Belfry 10/8
i'll take central by 7. its gonna be a great game. Cant wait to watch it. I'm a big central fan but I jsut want it to be a good game and i'm sure it will be
Hey EKU,

I don't take exception to you saying PC has more "ready for primetime" talent, but who are those guys? I am asking cause I honestly don't know.

Every year we all become familiar with names like Jude from JC, Logan Johnson, etc. I honestly can't name a single name for PC other than the QB, who I just got to know this season, and who appears to be an absolute stud.

Who does PC return from last year who was a legit "I am looking forward to watching this guy" type talent? Com'on guys, name names and sizes and stuff. Many of us don't know who the studs for PC are.
You have Wes Pugh #5 wide reciver flat out stud only a sophmore about 6'2-6'4 160-170 pounds. Robbie Hopkins #1 wide reciver a senior another great player who is quick as they come about 6'0-6'2 160-170 pounds. Corey Shouse a 6'3-6'4 junior linebacker who hits like a train and are as good as ive seen this season. Of course Alan boggs a junior quarterback with 26 td's and only 1 interception who is a great leader and throws the ball as good as anyone in the state He is just as good this year as pburg's QB last year. Justin smith running back who is doing as well as anyone running the ball including jeffry pruite of belfry he's a junior or senior and can flat out run the ball. These are the top players i could think of but there are alot of good other players for centrel they have untapped potential and are deadly through the air. All i know is belfry better have a da*m good secondary or this one will get ugly quick. Ill take centrel by 14 just cause what ive seen from both teams i dont think belfry can come close to covering pugh or hopkins. Ill take centrel 35-21.
E.ridge Wrote:belfry by 2 td's
becouse everyone knows you dont come into death valley and win
thats what was said when SC went to CAM for playoff's last year too..

I'm Hopeing The Hawks come out with the W!

good luck to both teamsSmile
Corey Shouse isn't 6'3 or 6'4, don't know about the other guys, but he isn't that tall. I may be wrong, but Wes Pugh, being a 6'3 165 pound Sophmore, sounds like a toothpick. Belfry's defense is always strong, and from what you say about Central's WR's it seems like there will be alot of Belfry LB's separating the Central WR's from the ball Friday night. Correct me on this if I am wrong.

But, for those who are wondering about the weather...Gameday will be clear, very sunny, and the temp will be high 50's, low 60's at kickoff.

EKU, great post. I agree with everything you said. Pike Central is just getting good, Belfry has been good for as long as I can remember. Belfry has the experience in big games, not just this year, but in year's past as well. Central has never played in big games that get alot of attention besides last year.

The game is at CAM, so that is a BIG downer for Central. Belfry is one of the craziest stadiums come game time that I have seen in high school football in Kentucky. Again, Belfry has experience in playing in these environments, Central doesn't, at all. Belfry has already played in a crazy place like CAM will be when they made the trip to Ashland. I don't think Central has EVER played in a stadium near as rowdy as CAM will be on Friday night.

I'm going to take EKU's word on the talent aspect, because most of the time he's on top of his ****. But, I don't think that will be enough to have Central winning this game. Strength of schedule, big game experience, and home-field advantage will be way to much, in my opinion, for Central to overcome.

Like I've said before, I'd love to see Central to win, I've went to the school and I have cousins playing, but I just can't see it happening. I have Belfry winning 20-14, but that's a generous prediction on my part. I hope I'm proven wrong.
All i do is win Wrote:You have Wes Pugh #5 wide reciver flat out stud only a sophmore about 6'2-6'4 160-170 pounds. Robbie Hopkins #1 wide reciver a senior another great player who is quick as they come about 6'0-6'2 160-170 pounds. Corey Shouse a 6'3-6'4 junior linebacker who hits like a train and are as good as ive seen this season. Of course Alan boggs a junior quarterback with 26 td's and only 1 interception who is a great leader and throws the ball as good as anyone in the state He is just as good this year as pburg's QB last year. Justin smith running back who is doing as well as anyone running the ball including jeffry pruite of belfry he's a junior or senior and can flat out run the ball. These are the top players i could think of but there are alot of good other players for centrel they have untapped potential and are deadly through the air. All i know is belfry better have a da*m good secondary or this one will get ugly quick. Ill take centrel by 14 just cause what ive seen from both teams i dont think belfry can come close to covering pugh or hopkins. Ill take centrel 35-21.
Im sorry all I do is win but your height estimates seem a bit out of proportion. Not downing you or our team but wes pugh is on a good day 6'0 I stood next to him at halftime thursday night, however he does have legit 4.5 40 speed which is rare in this region.
iwatchhawks Wrote:Im sorry all I do is win but your height estimates seem a bit out of proportion. Not downing you or our team but wes pugh is on a good day 6'0 I stood next to him at halftime thursday night, however he does have legit 4.5 40 speed which is rare in this region.

Thank you. I thought the heights he posted were WAY to big...I've watched them play and I know those WR's aren't that lanky, lol.
vundy33 Wrote:Thank you. I thought the heights he posted were WAY to big...I've watched them play and I know those WR's aren't that lanky, lol.
There not that lanky at all but they are fast, all of them. You all know speed kills.
Varney3 Wrote:even though i strongly agree with the fact that it will be a test for the pirate secondary, i don't believe pcc has the wr core that everyone says they do. i watched the game vs. tolsia. and only saw one, maybe two, passes that werent thrown to the running back (justin smith) on the flat route. from what i can see, pcc only has one true weapon in a wide receiver and that's #5.
LMFAO, due #22 is by far the best player on central. Everyone of Centrals receivers run a 4.6 or better. U can't coach speed and PC has a very fast team. 49-28 PC on top.
iwatchhawks Wrote:There not that lanky at all but they are fast, all of them. You all know speed kills.
well said. Zach Johnson is the fastest player in the region !!! It wouldn't suprise me if Central put up 60 points against belfry
ltr450_777 Wrote:LMFAO, due #22 is by far the best player on central. Everyone of Centrals receivers run a 4.6 or better. U can't coach speed and PC has a very fast team. 49-28 PC on top.
Thank you, finally someone realizes Zack Johnson is an outstanding football player! My head was about to explode.
This thread is loaded with bulletin board material.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:This thread is loaded with bulletin board material.
There's not a bulletin board at either school big enough for this thread. Thats why we have BGR!
iwatchhawks Wrote:Im sorry all I do is win but your height estimates seem a bit out of proportion. Not downing you or our team but wes pugh is on a good day 6'0 I stood next to him at halftime thursday night, however he does have legit 4.5 40 speed which is rare in this region.

Ohh well im sorry about that i was just estimating my what it looked like from the stands. However in cleats and a helment it can make him look to be about 6'2 and yes i know about the speed. He's very fast for a sophmore and will only get faster as he gets older.
No disrespect to Zack Johnson but he might be one of the fastest, but KP Skyles and Jeffree Pruitt can both flat out RUN.
I'm hoping our game is Thursday so I can make this one..

I'm not really sure who wins this one. I think it will come down to who makes the least amount of mistakes and who takes control early. Belfry is a little week in the secondary. PCC hasn't been challenged all year with the cup cake schedule. So it will be interesting to see how they fair with a team hitting them back.
SC-28
Belfry&PCC-12
vundy33 Wrote:Corey Shouse isn't 6'3 or 6'4, don't know about the other guys, but he isn't that tall. I may be wrong, but Wes Pugh, being a 6'3 165 pound Sophmore, sounds like a toothpick. Belfry's defense is always strong, and from what you say about Central's WR's it seems like there will be alot of Belfry LB's separating the Central WR's from the ball Friday night. Correct me on this if I am wrong.

But, for those who are wondering about the weather...Gameday will be clear, very sunny, and the temp will be high 50's, low 60's at kickoff.

EKU, great post. I agree with everything you said. Pike Central is just getting good, Belfry has been good for as long as I can remember. Belfry has the experience in big games, not just this year, but in year's past as well. Central has never played in big games that get alot of attention besides last year.

The game is at CAM, so that is a BIG downer for Central. Belfry is one of the craziest stadiums come game time that I have seen in high school football in Kentucky. Again, Belfry has experience in playing in these environments, Central doesn't, at all. Belfry has already played in a crazy place like CAM will be when they made the trip to Ashland. I don't think Central has EVER played in a stadium near as rowdy as CAM will be on Friday night.

I'm going to take EKU's word on the talent aspect, because most of the time he's on top of his ****. But, I don't think that will be enough to have Central winning this game. Strength of schedule, big game experience, and home-field advantage will be way to much, in my opinion, for Central to overcome.

Like I've said before, I'd love to see Central to win, I've went to the school and I have cousins playing, but I just can't see it happening. I have Belfry winning 20-14, but that's a generous prediction on my part. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Well i may be wrong about Shouse's height but belfry better be ready for him or he's gonna make there running backs PAY. As for Wes Pugh being a tooth pick that is about his size in a uniform but don't underestimate that tooth pick or he himself will put 14-21 up on you as well as all the other recivers and thank you ITR about Zach i forgot about him and he's an outstanding reciver as well as Robbie Hopkins. I got centrel in this one if they play like there capable.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:This thread is loaded with bulletin board material.

Billboard material... LOL.....

Motivational input on both sides....... PC is talkin a little more smack than Belfry fans though in my opinion... Oh well, it'll all be settled come Friday, October 8th, 2010!!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
becouse everyone knows you dont come into death valley and win

thats what was said when SC went to CAM for playoff's last year too..
well it dont happen much..
It wouldn't suprise me if Central put up 60 points against belfry ,now thats funny, even Asland didnt do that at there place....
ltr450_777 Wrote:well said. Zach Johnson is the fastest player in the region !!! It wouldn't suprise me if Central put up 60 points against belfry
Wanna make an avatar wager? If Pike Central puts up more than 50 (In regulation), I change my avatar to a Pike Central avatar. If they score under 50 (In Regulation), you make your avatar a Pikeville avatar. The change would last for two weeks from Friday night. If the Hawks put up 50 even (In Regulation), it's a tie.

How confident are you in your Hawks? :biggrin:
Panther Thunder Wrote:Wanna make an avatar wager? If Pike Central puts up more than 50 (In regulation), I change my avatar to a Pike Central avatar. If they score under 50 (In Regulation), you make your avatar a Pikeville avatar. The change would last for two weeks from Friday night. If the Hawks put up 50 even (In Regulation), it's a tie.

How confident are you in your Hawks? :biggrin:

i said it wouldn't suprise me if they did. That doesn't mean they are going to. How about the avatar wager straight up. PC wins u change yours to what I want, if belfry wins i'll change mine to what u want. I promise u belfry is no where near the team pike central is this year and u guys are going to find out this friday. Can't wait !!!!
ltr450_777 Wrote:i said it wouldn't suprise me if they did. That doesn't mean they are going to. How about the avatar wager straight up. PC wins u change yours to what I want, if belfry wins i'll change mine to what u want. I promise u belfry is no where near the team pike central is this year and u guys are going to find out this friday. Can't wait !!!!
This is a game if I were betting money I wouldn't touch. I don't have any clue as to who will win. but I am confident in PC not scoring 50. :Thumbs:
Take the head to head PT (on the avatar)..... LOL......I can send ya a good one to let him/her use when they change it!!! Smile

Love it!

Panther Thunder Wrote:This is a game if I were betting money I wouldn't touch. I don't have any clue as to who will win. but I am confident in PC not scoring 50. :Thumbs:
they may not score 50 but they will ateast score 30 guranteed. Belfry won't score no more than 20. Belfry's old school offense can't put points up like PC's.
ltr450_777 Wrote:they may not score 50 but they will ateast score 30 guranteed. Belfry won't score no more than 20. Belfry's old school offense can't put points up like PC's.

Are you so sure of this that your willing to post a "pirate" or a "panther" on your avatar?? LOLOL.... Old school.... Oh well... I guess we'll see!!

Belfry by 2 tds
Here's my point on the game for Monday:

The key to this week's game lies directly with a player who had 0 rushing yards last week and a receiver who had 0 receiving yards. John Chapman's signature defense against Belfry is to have 10 guys within 4 yards of the LOS. He uses his down defensive lineman to drive at angles and push the OL into the primary running lanes taking away the "quick hitter" and forcing the ball carrier to have to shift their hips and slow their momentum. At this point he also aggressively fills the power holes with blitzing LB's so that they can make initial contact at the LOS or behind the line. This makes his defense especially detrimental to some of the things Belfry likes to do the most: the Veer, the Iso, and the Counter Trey. Either there is no hole for the Veer, or it takes too long for the misdirection to develop.

To combat this Belfry has three options:
1. Use a wide sets, double splits, and cut the DL into the oncoming LB's. This effectively forces a 1 on 1 between the HB and the LB. If the LB wins he makes a tackle at the LOS or in the backfield, if the HB wins he gets to the 2nd level with possibly no safety in the play.

The problem is Haywood will never, ever use a cut block. So you can forget this as an option.

2. Ride the FB over the center on the belly and force PC to have to play the LB's more towards the middle. PC's LB's will placed in the gaps beyond the Guards. This comes down to Center vs. Noseguard. If th NG can hold his ground or drive the Center into the guard then Belfry is in trouble, if the Center can create a positive push on the NG there will be 4 yards all night until PC moves their LB's back inside to compensate thus opening up all sorts of options with the HB.

The last two games Belfry had with Breathitt came down to this matchup. One game Breathitt won the battle at Center and as a result stiffled the Belfry running the game, the other Belfry had a career night from Charlie Dotson and **** 60+ points on Breathitt.

3. Make them hesitate or back out with the threat of the pass. Gibbs will have single coverage all night from a defender who will be on his heels looking for the triple option. anytime Belfry wants to throw the ball the receivers will have a significant chance of being wide open if they play action off the belly. The key is Belfry has to give Williams time, Williams has to be calm and not panic when he sees a wide open man, and the receiver has to make the catch. If Gibbs is the open man I feel very, very confident he will hold up his end.

The easiest way to drastically change PC's defensive approach is to burn them with the pass. The first thing it does is force the DB to respect the route, which could make the difference in him disengaging a block on the option and hitting the HB in the backfield. Secondly, it forces the LB's to have to read more instead of instinctively blitzing, this hesitation could be the difference in a run for no gain and a 2 yard surge. Third, it creates more of a need to follow and hit the QB every play. Williams is great at carrying out play fakes, if one defender jumps on the fake instead of tackling the ball carrier it could result in a big play and could also ultimately open up misdirection.

Belfry found success last year when they spread the field in the 2nd Half... don't be surprised to see them do it early come Friday.
42-20 Belfry
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Here's my point on the game for Monday:

The key to this week's game lies directly with a player who had 0 rushing yards last week and a receiver who had 0 receiving yards. John Chapman's signature defense against Belfry is to have 10 guys within 4 yards of the LOS. He uses his down defensive lineman to drive at angles and push the OL into the primary running lanes taking away the "quick hitter" and forcing the ball carrier to have to shift their hips and slow their momentum. At this point he also aggressively fills the power holes with blitzing LB's so that they can make initial contact at the LOS or behind the line. This makes his defense especially detrimental to some of the things Belfry likes to do the most: the Veer, the Iso, and the Counter Trey. Either there is no hole for the Veer, or it takes too long for the misdirection to develop.

To combat this Belfry has three options:
1. Use a wide sets, double splits, and cut the DL into the oncoming LB's. This effectively forces a 1 on 1 between the HB and the LB. If the LB wins he makes a tackle at the LOS or in the backfield, if the HB wins he gets to the 2nd level with possibly no safety in the play.

The problem is Haywood will never, ever use a cut block. So you can forget this as an option.

2. Ride the FB over the center on the belly and force PC to have to play the LB's more towards the middle. PC's LB's will placed in the gaps beyond the Guards. This comes down to Center vs. Noseguard. If th NG can hold his ground or drive the Center into the guard then Belfry is in trouble, if the Center can create a positive push on the NG there will be 4 yards all night until PC moves their LB's back inside to compensate thus opening up all sorts of options with the HB.

The last two games Belfry had with Breathitt came down to this matchup. One game Breathitt won the battle at Center and as a result stiffled the Belfry running the game, the other Belfry had a career night from Charlie Dotson and **** 60+ points on Breathitt.

3. Make them hesitate or back out with the threat of the pass. Gibbs will have single coverage all night from a defender who will be on his heels looking for the triple option. anytime Belfry wants to throw the ball the receivers will have a significant chance of being wide open if they play action off the belly. The key is Belfry has to give Williams time, Williams has to be calm and not panic when he sees a wide open man, and the receiver has to make the catch. If Gibbs is the open man I feel very, very confident he will hold up his end.

The easiest way to drastically change PC's defensive approach is to burn them with the pass. The first thing it does is force the DB to respect the route, which could make the difference in him disengaging a block on the option and hitting the HB in the backfield. Secondly, it forces the LB's to have to read more instead of instinctively blitzing, this hesitation could be the difference in a run for no gain and a 2 yard surge. Third, it creates more of a need to follow and hit the QB every play. Williams is great at carrying out play fakes, if one defender jumps on the fake instead of tackling the ball carrier it could result in a big play and could also ultimately open up misdirection.

Belfry found success last year when they spread the field in the 2nd Half... don't be surprised to see them do it early come Friday.
Thats some great stuff right there. It basically boils down to who can force the other team to play their style of play.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next