Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
72.73%
Knox Central
27.27%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co. @ Knox Central 10/1
while on paper this looks like a 3TD win for bell (though it could be correct), i dont think it is that simple. Bell is playing great ball, but over the past few years this has become a good rivalry game. KC has been inching closer to Bell and Coach Mills knows Coach Hilton well. while i agree that davenport is important Bells offense, they have enough other contributors to win if KC stops him. i still think Bell wins it, but it could be close.
I have not seen Knox Central play, but have heard really good things about them this year. That being said, I have seen Bell Co play, and that is enough for me to make a prediction. Bell by 14+ points, once again, Bell looks as if they are the cream of the crop this year in the mountains and Class AAAA. The rest of the teams are playing for runnerup!
I think Bell Co. by 21+ IMO
Football1 Wrote:Count on it - if Davenport gets hurt (God forbid), or is held under 100 yards Bell loses this one in a close game. He is to Bell what sugar is to fudge - the main ingredient. Sure, you need your peanut butter and milk - but take away the sugar and you just have brown sludge... Which is what Bell's offense would be without Davenport.

As (another poster) for your DLine having 6'4" 240 lb DT; I'm sure He is an EXCELLENT athelete and DT - but he will be leaned on all night by a true 6'2 320lb athlete raised on The Creek; fights MMA for fun; and logs with his daddy. Sure, he benches 320; but he tosses logs on trucks 3 times better than 20 other men. Better bring a snack.

Still, Bell is the 3TD favorite and if that happens I will yawn and go home happy to know the rest of the regular season will be satisfying set of demolitions for the Panthers. I spend no time arguing that Bell isn't the top 4A team in the state so if they beat us that is just what is expected. The stands will be full of nobody surprised.

But they have THAT to do first...

Think he might be to quick to be leaned on by a log tosser:biggrin:
Moutian Dew Mouth 69 Wrote:I would have to say Bell Co., wins big in this one.
52-7
And I'd have say the Moutain Dew you drink is not sold at the Shell.
Bell Co by 28.
As (another poster) for your DLine having 6'4" 240 lb DT; I'm sure He is an EXCELLENT athelete and DT - but he will be leaned on all night by a true 6'2 320lb athlete raised on The Creek; fights MMA for fun; and logs with his daddy. Sure, he benches 320; but he tosses logs on trucks 3 times better than 20 other men. Better bring a snack.

Still, Bell is the 3TD favorite and if that happens I will yawn and go home happy to know the rest of the regular season will be satisfying set of demolitions for the Panthers. I spend no time arguing that Bell isn't the top 4A team in the state so if they beat us that is just what is expected. The stands will be full of nobody surprised.

But they have THAT to do first...[/QUOTE]

well this dt isnt going to stand there and be leaned om Wink and he sure as well isnt going to get pushed around

but maybe he wcan pass block him :eyeroll:
3wishes Wrote:dawgbite02, It is up to the coaches at Lawrence County to submit those stats to the KHSAA.
LC stats are posted to KHSAA. That is not a KHSAA stat sheet that is posted in this thread. All I am saying is that there appears to be some schools and players not represented so it could be somewhat misleading. Of course I realize no matter which stat sheet is used Bell County will be at the top of every statistical column. In Ky Bell is the best of the best at any level and all schools should strive to acheive what Bell has done.
kmba32 Wrote:Think he might be to quick to be leaned on by a log tosser:biggrin:
Better be REAL quick as he has an 18 inch runway to avoid the log tosser on the DLine... Not chasing a LB here.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:LC stats are posted to KHSAA. That is not a KHSAA stat sheet that is posted in this thread. All I am saying is that there appears to be some schools and players not represented so it could be somewhat misleading. Of course I realize no matter which stat sheet is used Bell County will be at the top of every statistical column. In Ky Bell is the best of the best at any level and all schools should strive to acheive what Bell has done.

Actually it is. Here is the link.

http://www.khsaa.org/football/2010/stats4.htm
Football1 Wrote:Count on it - if Davenport gets hurt (God forbid), or is held under 100 yards Bell loses this one in a close game. He is to Bell what sugar is to fudge - the main ingredient. Sure, you need your peanut butter and milk - but take away the sugar and you just have brown sludge... Which is what Bell's offense would be without Davenport.

Bell Co has a reserve running back just as good as Davenport in Ryan Collett. He is another speedy back.

I think you guys will also be shocked of the passing game Bell Co has this year as well. They dont pass that much but when they do its usually for a TD.

What I dont understand is if the KC D line is suppose to be awesome why the heck did JC and Jude run all over it for? Jude rushed for like 200 yards in that game. Bell's oline and backs are a heck alot better and faster.
Due to my unbiased predictions, ill take Bell 32-7. But I will be rooting for the upset of the season as much as anyone else.
the dark wizard Wrote:Due to my unbiased predictions, ill take Bell 32-7. But I will be rooting for the upset of the season as much as anyone else.

This is why I like some KC fans. They look at the reality world of this game...but anything can happen on any given night to give KC the win though.

Its just hard to pick KC after the thumping Bell Co put on a good Johnson Central team two weeks ago. If the starters for Bell played till the buzzer went off the score would had looked like a 42-6 win but instead due to subbing in the last 6 min of the game it was 42-18. While JC left all starters in till the end also.
Bell County by 20
dawgbyte02 Wrote:LC stats are posted to KHSAA. That is not a KHSAA stat sheet that is posted in this thread. All I am saying is that there appears to be some schools and players not represented so it could be somewhat misleading. Of course I realize no matter which stat sheet is used Bell County will be at the top of every statistical column. In Ky Bell is the best of the best at any level and all schools should strive to achieve what Bell has done.
The Birds shall try to strive to achieve what Bell has done.:notworthy
Football1 Wrote:Better be REAL quick as he has an 18 inch runway to avoid the log tosser on the DLine... Not chasing a LB here.

I'm just pickin at ya! I know Knox is good i picked Bell by 3tds, But i always do. I really think this is going to be a great game all the way to the end. :Thumbs:

Fball 1 not to start an argument or anything of the such but I would take Bell even without Davenport. Are we better with him. Yes. Much better!!!! But, Bell is not a one man show and if you think Davenport is our only offensive solution you are very wrong. I'll go out and say his backup would be the next best running back in this district. And I hope Knox thinks we won't throw the ball on them. If they don't play us straight up and respect both the run and pass this game will get ugly fast. Bell's qb is so underrated. This kid is one heck of a qb and he has plenty of skill players to throw to. Plus, he can take off and run with it on top of that. I truly hope Knox keys only on Davenport. I think Wayne knows better but lets hope his thinking is the same as yours.
And I do like how you cover all of your remarks with well Bell is the favorite anyway. You might as well go ahead and say Bell will win this game. And not to start a fuss, but either you stand by it or go out on a limb and take Knox.
easyM Wrote:Fball 1 not to start an argument or anything of the such but I would take Bell even without Davenport. Are we better with him. Yes. Much better!!!! But, Bell is not a one man show and if you think Davenport is our only offensive solution you are very wrong. I'll go out and say his backup would be the next best running back in this district. And I hope Knox thinks we won't throw the ball on them. If they don't play us straight up and respect both the run and pass this game will get ugly fast. Bell's qb is so underrated. This kid is one heck of a qb and he has plenty of skill players to throw to. Plus, he can take off and run with it on top of that. I truly hope Knox keys only on Davenport. I think Wayne knows better but lets hope his thinking is the same as yours.
And I do like how you cover all of your remarks with well Bell is the favorite anyway. You might as well go ahead and say Bell will win this game. And not to start a fuss, but either you stand by it or go out on a limb and take Knox.

:Clap:
Should be the toughest game that Bell has played all year, with that said i think its gonna be something like:

Bell Co - 34

Knox Central -14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Bell wins this hands down, Knox Central is just the red-headed step-child of the mountians. Or if ya thick, always a bride's maid.

Bell County 48
Knox Cent 21

Could be more if ya **** them off :yikes:
i hate to disagree with kimba but no this is not a one man team collett is just as good he just hasn't got his chance yet davenport is a great ballplayer but bellcounty football will never be about indivuals sorry
easyM Wrote:Fball 1 not to start an argument or anything of the such but I would take Bell even without Davenport. Are we better with him. Yes. Much better!!!! But, Bell is not a one man show and if you think Davenport is our only offensive solution you are very wrong. I'll go out and say his backup would be the next best running back in this district. And I hope Knox thinks we won't throw the ball on them. If they don't play us straight up and respect both the run and pass this game will get ugly fast. Bell's qb is so underrated. This kid is one heck of a qb and he has plenty of skill players to throw to. Plus, he can take off and run with it on top of that. I truly hope Knox keys only on Davenport. I think Wayne knows better but lets hope his thinking is the same as yours.
You make good points here. But I stand by what I said. Davenport is the best RB in 4A -and the sharpest arrow in your quiver. I'm not saying you don't have others. Just none to compare to him. And to say your second is his equal is just silly. I have seen them both for years and while he is good, he's 1/2 what Davenport is.

Make no mistake about it - while I realize we are total underdogs here I AM WITH THE PLAYERS. I believe with every fiber of my being we can and will win. Here is the difference - if Bell wins - we still have a shot at the best regular season record EVER for our school. Our season does not rest on this game. And if we do our work - we will get another shot at mighty Bell. Recall you beat us bad in 08 in Regular Season and one fluke play prevented us from preventing you from getting that last banner - on log mountain. So playing you all again in the cold on Log Moutain is like a home game.

Bell, on the other hand, is not in such a position. A loss to us would be a devastation of biblical plauge proportions (think water to blood here). A win is nothing to celebrate about since 95% believe you will anyways. You guys have set your braggs from the get go that Bell is 3TDs better than anyone on your schedule and basically unbeatable. The ONLY way this season is not a major dissapointment to the Bell faithful is you win state. And if you beat us, I'll be there pulling for you. We don't have that pressure today. Maybe someday but not now...

KC 34
Bell 28 (2 from Davenport and 2 from Madon passing: I get it; Bell can throw it this year!)
KyFanaticus Wrote:Bell wins this hands down, Knox Central is just the red-headed step-child of the mountians. Or if ya thick, always a bride's maid.

Bell County 48
Knox Cent 21

Could be more if ya **** them off :yikes:
We will do our best not to make them angry then... Thanks for the heads up.
I actually have been the only Bell fan to say Bell would beat KNOX by 3 TD's since earlier in the year.

I said that after I drove to Clay Co to watch JC and KC. Then after that game I gave a prediction that Bell Co would beat both this year by atleast 3 TD's. Both are slow compared to Bell Co on both sides of the ball.

Bell beat JC by 24 and will do the same to KNOX even on the road. The JC game score is very deceiving. Bell really beat them by 36 points around 5 TD's better. Can KNOX make up the 36 points for playing at home? Maybe a little but not the whole 36.

My question has been from a earlier post. If you guys let Jude run wild on you what do you think Davenport will do... Speed kills.
kmba32 Wrote:I'm just pickin at ya! I know Knox is good i picked Bell by 3tds, But i always do. I really think this is going to be a great game all the way to the end. :Thumbs:
As do I... I'm just a big fan or our Right Tackle. He is a wild man who grew up on the Creek, works like a dog for his family, and loves to play Panther football. Without this sport he might have already dropped out to go to work. Most kids could not step in his shoes and make it a week. I will be pulling for him to have a big night for his team.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I actually have been the only Bell fan to say Bell would beat KNOX by 3 TD's since earlier in the year.

I said that after I drove to Clay Co to watch JC and KC. Then after that game I gave a prediction that Bell Co would beat both this year by atleast 3 TD's. Both are slow compared to Bell Co on both sides of the ball.

Bell beat JC by 24 and will do the same to KNOX even on the road. The JC game score is very deceiving. Bell really beat them by 36 points around 5 TD's better. Can KNOX make up the 36 points for playing at home? Maybe a little but not the whole 36.

My question has been from a earlier post. If you guys let Jude run wild on you what do you think Davenport will do... Speed kills.

slow your quote down you wasnt the only one that said that i heard your co-pilot say the same thing that night in freaking cold am mon:dontthinkring
cann't wait until friday. Just hope we don't see it again Nov.
Football1 Wrote:As do I... I'm just a big fan or our Right Tackle. He is a wild man who grew up on the Creek, works like a dog for his family, and loves to play Panther football. Without this sport he might have already dropped out to go to work. Most kids could not step in his shoes and make it a week. I will be pulling for him to have a big night for his team.

:Thumbs:

#15 Collett would start for any other team in the mountains. In his career he probably has about 30 runs varsity and at least 50% of them have been 30+ yard TD's.. Plus, #10 Madon is the most efficient QB around and Bell has a group of skill players that make plays. Don't get me wrong, Davenport makes bell alot better, but to say if he got less than 100 yds or got hurt, bell would lose is WRONG
Football1 Wrote:As do I... I'm just a big fan or our Right Tackle. He is a wild man who grew up on the Creek, works like a dog for his family, and loves to play Panther football. Without this sport he might have already dropped out to go to work. Most kids could not step in his shoes and make it a week. I will be pulling for him to have a big night for his team.

:Thumbs:
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next