Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Central 78 Breathitt Co 75
Congrats KCC
One of the best basketball games of the year in this region I believe. As good as billed. Breathitt got early 14-6 lead then Knott County came back and led most of night and built up decent lead but had to hold on as Breathitt Co. made a run at end.
49 points between Cox and Stamper is remarkable.
.The semifinal with Hazard should be interesting. Hazard is playing pretty well now as defeated Perry Central in district and won pretty easily in region after they trailed 20-19 midway through 2nd quarter they built up a 37-23 halftime lead and cruised from there.
Congratulations Patriots--Good Game Bobcats.
cant wait until tuesday night to see the 54th district rematch
lucky knott county. typical kcc
Hope this is a wake-up-call for KCC. Great effort by the Bobcats!
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Hope this is a wake-up-call for KCC. Great effort by the Bobcats!

the luck of the pats showed tonight didn't it
Congrats Knott Central :Thumbs:
Definitely free throws were the key, Knott hit the big ones when they needed them. Their guards didn't shot it very well, but got their points from penatrating and drawing fouls and making their free throws. Good luck with Hazard, should be a good one.
Well I have heard about enough about KCC almost getting beat.. Well everyone can say the same thing about PCC supposedly gonna roll over Owsley by 20 or more, and didnt. They won by 10+?
Ballers Wrote:Well I have heard about enough about KCC almost getting beat.. Well everyone can say the same thing about PCC supposedly gonna roll over Owsley by 20 or more, and didnt. They won by 10+?

PCC never looked like they could lose that game, KCC definitely could have lost. Thats what people saw.

Just curious, did anyone else notice that Stamper was a little gimpy after a nasty fall near the middle of the game? The coaching staff kept asking him if he was ok, and Stamper played through it, but he wasn't quite the same after the fall.
Ballers Wrote:Well I have heard about enough about KCC almost getting beat.. Well everyone can say the same thing about PCC supposedly gonna roll over Owsley by 20 or more, and didnt. They won by 10+?

You would be doing the same thing if Perry almost lost. And you bring Perry into every thread. Your obsessed.
ARC Wrote:PCC never looked like they could lose that game, KCC definitely could have lost. Thats what people saw.

Just curious, did anyone else notice that Stamper was a little gimpy after a nasty fall near the middle of the game? The coaching staff kept asking him if he was ok, and Stamper played through it, but he wasn't quite the same after the fall.

They mentioned it on the radio.

Ballers is bringin the hate:devilflam
C'mon big guy, you won the game lol
ARC Wrote:PCC never looked like they could lose that game, KCC definitely could have lost. Thats what people saw.

I heard he stepped on a ball...
thats gotta hurt
He should be good by Monday though
the 1 the only Wrote:cant wait until tuesday night to see the 54th district rematch

Don't get too excited
It may not happen
baller4life Wrote:lucky knott county. typical kcc

did they get lucky when they beat you all by 27 and 54??Confusedhh:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Brian Milam mentioned on SO last nite...Stamper stepped on the ball
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:Brian Milam mentioned on SO last nite...Stamper stepped on the ball

He did step on a ball, fell and then slowly got up in obvious pain. He hobbled around far a while, assuring the bench that he was ok. He never left the floor, but I definitley saw a hesitation in his game after the fall.

I know that he played in pain, and that is commendable. But I do wonder if he will be at 100% against Hazard on Monday night. Didn't KCC struggle at times when Stewie was less than 100% earlier in the season?
Imo it was a very physical game.Gotta give the Bobcats credit,they fought and fought.But it was never in doubt that KCC would win,experienced guardplay helped KCC.KCC controlled that game and will Monday also,just my opinion.I know Big Al will have the Bulldogs ready but KCC has handled them well each time they have played.Stamper will be ready to play and as a PCC or Hazard fan,you hope he's okay.Glad to see some classy Hazard and PCC fans that hope he's ready to play Monday and Tuesday.
This game really shows me the senior leadership between Cox and Stamper...2 amazing ball players...Congrats KCC
Crazy Horse Wrote:This game really shows me the senior leadership between Cox and Stamper...2 amazing ball players...Congrats KCC

Why don't any of the KCC fans give any props to Zack Davis, who was the MVP of the game last night and who does the dirty work in the paint? This team could not win without Davis; IMO he is just as indispensable as the other two. In fact, I think that Davis and Stamper are indispensable, Cox could be replaced by another pg on the team and be nearly as good.

I like Cox, a great kid, but his role on this team, to me, is not as big as Davis' and Stamper's.
the 1 the only Wrote:cant wait until tuesday night to see the 54th district rematch

Hate to break your hopes and dreams up, but that's not gonna happen.
ARC Wrote:Why don't any of the KCC fans give any props to Zack Davis, This team could not win without Davis;In fact, I think that Davis and Stamper are indispensable, Cox could be replaced by another pg on the team and be nearly as good.

I like Cox, a great kid, but his role on this team, to me, is not as big as Davis' and Stamper's.

You are so full of it, sounds just like something a father might say...:eyeroll:
You have no idea what you are talking about and are a disgrace to all the real KCC fans.

Knott would be in no way the same position if Tate was not on this team. He is definitely the one on the team that could not be replaced. Slone, Bartrum and Davis all do their part, but all interchange very well and Knott could do without one of them and still be fine. Take out Stamper or Cox, the team falls short of their expectations. Stamper has proved this year over the other 3 years that he is worthy of the 14th region MVP this year, but Tate has done well above his share as well. Both need to be their to make the team work, without one they do not win, PERIOD. :Clap:
congrats on an great season to breathitt and congrats on knott going onto play hazard in the next round its gonna be harder now for knott to beat hazard but i do think that knott can beat hazard for the fouth time of the year
14thregionref Wrote:You are so full of it,

Knott would be in no way the same position if Tate was not on this team. He is definitely the one on the team that could not be replaced. Slone, Bartrum and Davis all do their part, but all interchange very well and Knott could do without one of them and still be fine. Take out Stamper or Cox, the team falls short of their expectations. Stamper has proved this year over the other 3 years that he is worthy of the 14th region MVP this year, but Tate has done well above his share as well. Both need to be their to make the team work, without one they do not win, PERIOD. :Clap:

Have to totally agree with this and I'm sure most will too. Davis is a good player, but in no way can he replace what Cox does for the team. :popcorn:
14thregionref Wrote:You are so full of it, sounds just like something a father might say...:eyeroll:
You have no idea what you are talking about and are a disgrace to all the real KCC fans.

I don't think ARC is a KCC fan.
ARC Wrote:Why don't any of the KCC fans give any props to Zack Davis, who was the MVP of the game last night and who does the dirty work in the paint? This team could not win without Davis; IMO he is just as indispensable as the other two. In fact, I think that Davis and Stamper are indispensable, Cox could be replaced by another pg on the team and be nearly as good.

Like others I disagree. Stuat is the best player in the region and Cox is top 5 imo. Davis is a nice player don't get me wrong, but he is more replaceable than Cox and Stuart. You also got to remember, teams defensive gameplans centers around Stamper and Cox. So that opens up several opportunites for a player like Davis.
Congrats to KCC
Aslan Wrote:You also got to remember, teams defensive gameplans centers around Stamper and Cox. So that opens up several opportunites for a player like Davis.

That is totally the reason why Davis and the others do well, because everyone is so centered on Cox and Stamper, someone has to be open.
:Thumbs: