•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 61 - Knott Central 54 (OT)
PATS2011 Wrote:How can you say ok lol. KCC was one call away from beating you. They were up 6 or 8 at one point, which they shouldn't have lost, AT PERRY (which we now know why its so hard to win there). Just imagine what will happen in Hindman when you don't have anyone there to call that charge. Ah it might not even be that close for Perry to hope anyway. Who knows?

Perry was behind the whole game and Knott couldn't put them away. I think it had more to do with Perry than Knott. Nobody blows Perry out. Perry is resilant and grinded it out and hit big shots down the stretch. Nobe played awesome in OT and thats your ball game. Last 14th region team to beat Perry @ Perry was Hazard in 08. But I think Knott wins the next meeting, Knotts a tough place to play at.
PATS2011 Wrote:If it would have been the opposite way around you would be doing what I was doing.

And like I said they CALLED CHARGE, which is not pushing off. It was NOT a charge. If they thought it was pushing off they would have called that. But like I said, it could have been called the WHOLE game on Stamper, Amis, and Noble. But no, they chose to do it on the last second shot, which wasnt even what they called!

I don't know the push offs that you speak of to be honest. And refs use the same motion for a charge and a push off.
I thought Knott played great. Stuart was hitting everything he put up, how he hit those fadeaways was beyond me. I thought those three 3pointers in a row were going to kill Perry but they dug deep and played there game and I don't think they played there best. But congrats Perry on a hard fought win. Keep those heads up Knott you played great.
Aslan Wrote:Excuse #3. Davis shoved the defender off him, or otherwise, he wouldn't have even got the shot up. Knott played there best and still didn't beat Perry.

Perry only played six players tonight, Brewer is injured.
Congrats to PCC on the win, sounds like it was a dandy, by the way I had PCC by 7 on the prediction thread. :Clap:
Aslan Wrote:I don't know the push offs that you speak of to be honest. And refs use the same motion for a charge and a push off.

90% of guards are guilty of pushing off at least once in a game, but it is NEVER called, not to mention as a game deciding call. Pushing off is sort of a contradiction at times because with smart guards, the only reason they would push off is because they are being rode like a horse. It needs to be called more or not at all. You don't be so inconsistent as to not call it the whole game but decide to call it as a game deciding call. That is unheard of. Well I guess it isn't. That guy just made the 15th region refs look decent.
PATS2011 Wrote:Seriously, that was ridiculous. Apparently they think that if one player says something it has to be a double T, because the second time he started it again. I haven't seen a single player altercation call all season long.

Bartrum started that by shoving Amis, Dillion came over and was taking up the his PG. I see nothing wrong with that. The game was intense, stuff like that happens.
justabballfan Wrote:Congrats to PCC on the win, sounds like it was a dandy, by the way I had PCC by 7 on the prediction thread. :Clap:

I had 'em by 8 Big Grin
Congrats to the Dores on the win. This game lived up to all the hype from all week. The next time these two teams meet you will see a different game plan that was played tonight. All I can say that refs were terrible and not consistent on both ends of the floor. Let the players decide the outcome of the game and not a ref. It still continues to amaze me that with all the varsity officials in the 14th region you three refs. first call a very important and fast paced girls game and then 20 mins. later the three same refs. come back all to call a very important and physical game like tonight and really feel that they were able the second game to perform their job with the performance that the players and the game deserves. IMO this should not happen at tonight's game nor any game. Whats everyone opinion? Rematch 2/12/10 at KCC.
Aslan Wrote:Bartrum started that by shoving Amis, Dillion came over and was taking up the his PG. I see nothing wrong with that. The game was intense, stuff like that happens.

Self control is part of the game and intense situations, obviously of which, he doesn't have. Let Amis fight his own battles.
PATS2011 Wrote:If it would have been the opposite way around you would be doing what I was doing. And like I said they CALLED CHARGE, which is not pushing off. It was NOT a charge. If they thought it was pushing off they would have called that. But like I said, it could have been called the WHOLE game on Stamper, Amis, and Noble. But no, they chose to do it on the last second shot, which wasnt even what they called!

Probably, but It would be an excuse. Knott has to move on from this loss and get ready to exact revenge on us next time :thumpsup:
I missed the score bad, O'well shows what I know about Basketball. Nice win PCC, KCC we will get them next time. I said Knott by 15. :-(
PATS2011 Wrote:Self control is part of the game and intense situations, obviously of which, he doesn't have. Let Amis fight his own battles.

This thread is going to get closed if we go in this direction, if ya want to continue this convo, pm, or add me on myspace.
Aslan Wrote:Probably, but It would be an excuse. Knott has to move on from this loss and get ready to exact revenge on us next time :thumpsup:

Well I am glad you agree, but sometimes excuses are the truth, even though they are excuses. Can't wait for the 12th. Enjoy Hindman.
Dustoff67 Wrote:I missed the score bad, O'well shows what I know about Basketball. Nice win PCC, KCC we will get them next time. I said Knott by 15. :-(

What was you thinking lol. jk.
KC 1973 Wrote:Congrats to the Dores on the win. This game lived up to all the hype from all week. The next time these two teams meet you will see a different game plan that was played tonight. All I can say that refs were terrible and not consistent on both ends of the floor. Let the players decide the outcome of the game and not a ref. It still continues to amaze me that with all the varsity officials in the 14th region you three refs. first call a very important and fast paced girls game and then 20 mins. later the three same refs. come back all to call a very important and physical game like tonight and really feel that they were able the second game to perform their job with the performance that the players and the game deserves. IMO this should not happen at tonight's game nor any game. Whats everyone opinion? Rematch 2/12/10 at KCC.

You guys made the excuse about refs last year, its really getting old. According to Knott Co fans, Perry never beat you, its the refs.
Congrats PCC.
Congrats pcc!
Aslan Wrote:You guys made the excuse about refs last year, its really getting old. According to Knott Co fans, Perry never beat you, its the refs.

Perry DID beat us at Powell last year, not the refs, I will give you that.
Linescore:
Perry led 10-9 at end of first quarter.
Knott led 22-18 at halftime
Knott led 40-36 at end of third quarter
Perry outscored Knott 16-12 in fourth quarter to force overtime tied 52-52
Perry outscores Knott Central 9-2 in overtime.
For Perry Central(13-6)only 4 scored.Noble 19,Cornett 17,Martin 14 and Amis 11.I thought Cornett played well inside and Martin made a couple big threes plus some closer range shots.
For Knott Central(15-5)Stamper 20,Cox 15,Davis 7,Slone 6,Roberts 4,Bartrum 2.
I don't have stats but I think Knott missed some free throws when they really needed them.
Someone mentioned Brewer is injured for Perry Central.I hope it isn't bad.
Great ballgame.
Aslan Wrote:I had 'em by 8 Big Grin

Close enough, would have liked to seen this one, honestly I think no matter where these two play at it would be a very good game. When do they play at KCC?
Benchwarmer Wrote:Congrats PCC.

I'm having a hard time believing this is you lol. But let me say this. Knott played GREAT! Best game I seen them play all year, they lead most the game, and got the lead to 8 after the two three's by Slone. I didn't know if Perry was going to make a serious run after that, but Noble hits the 3 before the end of the third and we eeked out a W. But Stew/Tate played great, they hit some shots, thats almost unguardedable. They had two of the best defenders in the region on them the whole game in Noble and Amis and they still combined for 35 points. I really can't say enough about how good Cox/Stamper and crew played. Best game I've seen Tate play in a while, he hit some tough shots.
PATS2011 Wrote:Perry DID beat us at Powell last year, not the refs, I will give you that.

This is really getting old. When Knott beat Perry last year, I didn't say a word about the refs.
Aslan Wrote:I'm having a hard time believing this is you lol. But let me say this. Knott played GREAT! Best game I seen them play all year, they lead most the game, and got the lead to 8 after the two three's by Slone. I didn't know if Perry was going to make a serious run after that, but Noble hits the 3 before the end of the third and we eeked out a W. But Stew/Tate played great, they hit some shots, thats almost unguardedable. They had two of the best defenders in the region on them the whole game in Noble and Amis and they still combined for 35 points. I really can't say enough about how good Cox/Stamper and crew played. Best game I've seen Tate play in a while, he hit some tough shots.

This was Tate's best game in awhile and Stuart's shots were insane. But it wasn't their best game imo. I would have to say their best game was against JBS when KCc collectively shot over 75% from behind the arc, and around 70% overall or against Hazard the 1st time we played them in the second half.
bulldog149 Wrote:Linescore:
Perry led 10-9 at end of first quarter.
Knott led 22-18 at halftime
Knott led 40-36 at end of third quarter
Perry outscored Knott 16-12 in fourth quarter to force overtime tied 52-52
Perry outscores Knott Central 9-2 in overtime.
For Perry Central(13-6)only 4 scored.Noble 19,Cornett 17,Martin 14 and Amis 11.I thought Cornett played well inside and Martin made a couple big threes plus some closer range shots.
For Knott Central(15-5)Stamper 20,Cox 15,Davis 7,Slone 6,Roberts 4,Bartrum 2.
I don't have stats but I think Knott missed some free throws when they really needed them.
Someone mentioned Brewer is injured for Perry Central.I hope it isn't bad.
Great ballgame.

I think he's posed to be back in time for district. And Corett played well, Knott had no answer for him and Martin. Knott, like last year, don't have a legit big man, could be there downfall again. When Hatcher put Noble on Cox, it just seemed like Knott was out of sync the rest the night. Noble is a great defender, he deserves a lot of credit for that. Chris was also huge in OT. I can't say enough about this game! Congrats Dores! And keep your heads up Knott, you'll get another shot at Perry soon.
Aslan Wrote:This is really getting old. When Knott beat Perry last year, I didn't say a word about the refs.

That's because you didn't have to :biggrin: and i was giving you what you wanted to hear? lol I said that the refs were not the deciders of the game at powell?
PATS2011 Wrote:This was Tate's best game in awhile and Stuart's shots were insane. But it wasn't their best game imo. I would have to say their best game was against JBS when KCc collectively shot over 75% from behind the arc, and around 70% overall or against Hazard the 1st time we played them in the second half.

It was the best game, as a whole I seen them play. I didn't see the JBS game, and the second half against Hazard, was there best half of the year. But this is the best game, as a whole, I've seen them play.
PATS2011 Wrote:That's because you didn't have to :biggrin: and i was giving you what you wanted to hear? lol I said that the refs were not the deciders of the game at powell?

Thats just one of Perry's 4 wins over Knott the past 2 years. The other three were refs? Cmon. Perry flat out won those games :thumpsup:
tate needs to be benched. he thinks gettin huge muscles is gonna help his game. he is bad wrong, it has killed him this year. he isn't that big of a factor on offense anymore. but anyway, its a high school basketball game. and its sad you people get this tore up when you have been out of highschool for 2-3 years. if you wanna be in a ball game like that bad just play some 2 on 2 and wear some old jerseys of perry and knott. pcc won, who cares enough to get personally mad at someone.

but anyway, good game pcc. kcc wins the next meeting for sure. then the region will be a complete toss up. but kcc and pcc best not overlook the dawgs of haz. im looking foward to a pcc vs. hazard matchup in the district or region. i wanna see what cornett can do with fugate of haz. he is by far the best big man in the region.
greenstuff22 Wrote:tate needs to be benched. he thinks gettin huge muscles is gonna help his game. he is bad wrong, it has killed him this year. he isn't that big of a factor on offense anymore. but anyway, its a high school basketball game. and its sad you people get this tore up when you have been out of highschool for 2-3 years. if you wanna be in a ball game like that bad just play some 2 on 2 and wear some old jerseys of perry and knott. pcc won, who cares enough to get personally mad at someone.

but anyway, good game pcc. kcc wins the next meeting for sure. then the region will be a complete toss up. but kcc and pcc best not overlook the dawgs of haz. im looking foward to a pcc vs. hazard matchup in the district or region. i wanna see what cornett can do with fugate of haz. he is by far the best big man in the region.

I agree with the bolded.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next