Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you guard Elisha Justice?
ORGINAL POST BY KYRIFLE:
Quotes like this is exactly why most people who know anything about this great game of basketball think SV supporters are near sighted and can't see the real picture here. Justice is a really nice player. Seems to work very hard at his craft and everyone that I've spoken with tells me he is a really good kid. There is no way possible he will ever be able to live up to some of your expetations. No one could. He can be guarded period. It's not rocket science. I don't think you can shut him down but you can sure take him out of his game and make him work for anything he gets. A good defensive player would make him miserable before the first quarter is finished. It's called man to man defense. Coaches should learn to teach it. It's not that hard. No one likes to play D today the way teams played man to man 10 years ago. He'll run into someone soon that will have enough pride in themselves and their team to body him and deny him and make him work harder than he ever has, it's coming. Let's get one thing straight, if EJ was as good as you say he is, where are all the D-1 offers. I'm not takling Prefered Walk-On status, I'm talking about legit D-1 offers. Anyone that can't be guarded certainly deserves a few offers. This kind of remindes me of the Slone kid from Paintsville. While he was playing his Sr year the boards were full of posters claiming offers from several D-1 schools, but the truth is that he had not one offer from a D-1. With all this said I don't want to sound like I'm disrespecting EJ because it's certainly not the case. I just get so tired of reading post's that are completely ignorant.

I AGREE 100%..GREAT POST
BUT YOU HAVE TO ADMIT THE KID HAS TALENT.
set09 Wrote:ORGINAL POST BY KYRIFLE:
Quotes like this is exactly why most people who know anything about this great game of basketball think SV supporters are near sighted and can't see the real picture here. Justice is a really nice player. Seems to work very hard at his craft and everyone that I've spoken with tells me he is a really good kid. There is no way possible he will ever be able to live up to some of your expetations. No one could. He can be guarded period. It's not rocket science. I don't think you can shut him down but you can sure take him out of his game and make him work for anything he gets. A good defensive player would make him miserable before the first quarter is finished. It's called man to man defense. Coaches should learn to teach it. It's not that hard. No one likes to play D today the way teams played man to man 10 years ago. He'll run into someone soon that will have enough pride in themselves and their team to body him and deny him and make him work harder than he ever has, it's coming. Let's get one thing straight, if EJ was as good as you say he is, where are all the D-1 offers. I'm not takling Prefered Walk-On status, I'm talking about legit D-1 offers. Anyone that can't be guarded certainly deserves a few offers. This kind of remindes me of the Slone kid from Paintsville. While he was playing his Sr year the boards were full of posters claiming offers from several D-1 schools, but the truth is that he had not one offer from a D-1. With all this said I don't want to sound like I'm disrespecting EJ because it's certainly not the case. I just get so tired of reading post's that are completely ignorant.

I AGREE 100%..GREAT POST
BUT YOU HAVE TO ADMIT THE KID HAS TALENT.

Absolutely. Very gifted athlete that any coach or team would love to have.