Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 82 Miller Grove (GA) 75
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Elisha Justice 33 points, 8 assists, 4 steals, 5-7 from the 3 point line (5-5 in 2nd half), 6-13 overall field goals (1-8 in 1st half, 5-5 in 2nd half), 16-18 from the free throw line.
Ashley Hatfield 16 points, 6 rebounds (6-14 from the field)
Tyler Newsome 11 points, 5 rebounds (3-9 from the field)
Cody Varney 11 points (3-6 from the field)
Taylor Newsome 6 points, 5 rebounds (2-3 from the field)
Zach Ramey 5 points (2-4 from the field)
Thanks for the information Coach, a lot of us depend on you.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I fully believe that the wildcats deserve the win and that they played a perfect second half to win the game. I was at the game and I really felt weird about a couple calls. Im not saying the the game would have gone the other way but I think that in a game like that the foul differential should not get to a 6 foul advantage. And the reversal call was a momentum changer because Valley scored right after. I am proud of the effort and loved seeing how good this Valley team is. They should have won because of how hard they played but I wish that the officiating was a little more equal. Great win by the Cats and I am a full believer that they CAN compete for the state title this year BECAUSE of their defense.
I want to say one reason for the differential in fouls called was because Elisha Justice earned those fouls driving toward the basket and he was instrumental in fouling out Williams who had only 8 points and was highly lauded as one player SV had to fear. Well his height did him no good against SV and may have hindered him some. Good game Valley.
dortonite Wrote:I want to say one reason for the differential in fouls called was because Elisha Justice earned those fouls driving toward the basket and he was instrumental in fouling out Williams who had only 8 points and was highly lauded as one player SV had to fear. Well his height did him no good against SV and may have hindered him some. Good game Valley.

I agree completely. But if Elisha's slashing game allowed for all of the fouls, I thought that Miller Grove played the same way driving to the basket. I think that for the most part it was well officiated but at the beginning of the 2nd instead of being a 7-1 or so foul differential (you are correct that it was caused by Elisha's drinving), it should have been more like 5-3 because of the style of play for Miller Grove. Either way, Valley played fantastic as a team and got them frustrated to the point that silly foul shifted the momentum too much in the woldcats favor. Great game by the Wildcats and I cant wait to see what they do later in the year. Go Cats!!
Army's coach called this morning and offered Elisha a full scholarship to play there. He is quoted as saying that he wants Elisha to run the point for him the next 4 years.
Wow. I love that more than anything......I really do not want him to go to the darkside. I hope that he ends up taking this offer.
I would like to see him go somewhere other than Louisville, but that seems to be what he wants. I would like to see him at Vandy, WVU, or a place like Western Ky.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Army's coach called this morning and offered Elisha a full scholarship to play there. He is quoted as saying that he wants Elisha to run the point for him the next 4 years.

West Point is not like a regular college. One of the best education that a person can obtain, but you do have a six year obligation after graduation to serve in the armed forces.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Army's coach called this morning and offered Elisha a full scholarship to play there. He is quoted as saying that he wants Elisha to run the point for him the next 4 years.
Thanks for the info, Coach, I think he will get lots more offers before the year is out and this is because of his play not some hype from some newspaper or scouting service that touts other players.
Does anyone have anymore information regard Elisha's recruiting.
I think Elisha will consider all options. However, congrats to him and to Valley, for everything.