Poll: Letcher Central vs Harlan Co 2nd Round
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Letcher Central
50.00%
Harlan Co
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Co. @ Letcher Co. Central 11/13
The BlackBears are not a fluke and thats pretty absurd to say so! They are a young hungry and disciplined team with alot of heart. I think we win by a couple scores but if that defense of Harlan Co. can do anyting to stop it they will. If we let them make a game of this we are standing on the edge of a very high cliff. There heads are in the right place and they are playing great football currently. The win over Southwestern was more than impressive. LCC's loss to Harlan Co. is the reason the Cougars are playing at the level they are right now. We came away from that game a better team with a better attitude. I also appreciate the Harlan Co. fans for there suppot of us when we are playing a different team. If the BlackBears knock us off i will offer them the same support.
Hilbily Wrote:The BlackBears are not a fluke and thats pretty absurd to say so! They are a young hungry and disciplined team with alot of heart. I think we win by a couple scores but if that defense of Harlan Co. can do anyting to stop it they will. If we let them make a game of this we are standing on the edge of a very high cliff. There heads are in the right place and they are playing great football currently. The win over Southwestern was more than impressive. LCC's loss to Harlan Co. is the reason the Cougars are playing at the level they are right now. We came away from that game a better team with a better attitude. I also appreciate the Harlan Co. fans for there suppot of us when we are playing a different team. If the BlackBears knock us off i will offer them the same support.

I agree.
go LCC keep it rolling.

im taking the cougars in a tough one
Hillard wins in a close one!
Hilbily Wrote:The BlackBears are not a fluke and thats pretty absurd to say so! They are a young hungry and disciplined team with alot of heart. I think we win by a couple scores but if that defense of Harlan Co. can do anyting to stop it they will. If we let them make a game of this we are standing on the edge of a very high cliff. There heads are in the right place and they are playing great football currently. The win over Southwestern was more than impressive. LCC's loss to Harlan Co. is the reason the Cougars are playing at the level they are right now. We came away from that game a better team with a better attitude. I also appreciate the Harlan Co. fans for there suppot of us when we are playing a different team. If the BlackBears knock us off i will offer them the same support.
Likewise
I'm just throwing this out there. I was at the HC/LCC game the first time around, and it wasn't a big slosh pit of mud. You LCC fans crack me up using the "mud" excuse. I thought you ol' Whitesburg boys were rough and tough and mean. Sounds like that big nice turf field has made somebody a little soft. That softness showed the first time, and is gonna show again come Friday night. It hards to complete passes on your back. What if Harlan Co. brings a dump truck full of mud over to the turf and dumps it out? :thatsfunn
Good game for a while...LCC wins at home by 10 or more.
Harlan County is no fluke. They beat LCC and there should not be no excuses. There will be no excuses this time and Harlan will roll 27-14. LCC can not put points up on Harlans D.
Chunk Wrote:Even the Harlan Country fans know that we should have won that game. It was rainy and muddy, LCC isn't accustom to play in those conditions. But Friday night its on the turf. Letcher County is going to win this game, Home field with all the fans going crazy. LCC wins!!!!!!!!!!!!1

LCC - 28
HCC - 21

I'm an outsider looking in and was just curious for you to explain to me why the Harlan Co. fans know LCC should have won the first time? Not trying to start anything. I'm just curious.
LCC wins by 2 scores.
It did not rain at all that day. There was no mud. Period. This thread is becoming full of revisionist history. Remember it how you want. It was dirty. Maybe they don't like dirt? Maybe they don't like grass at all? I don't know, but I know with 100 percent certainty there was NO mud and there were not three TD's called back that night on Letcher and I know that the HC WR was not holding on the TD called back against HC. Now, I don't know if HC fans think they should have won or not but all the excuses are crap. The weather is not a reason. It is an excuse. All this stuff does is feed the fire in the black bear player's bellies. Keep talking, they'll just show up and play- rain, shine, snow, grass, turf, even rocks. Whatever, whenever.
Here is the weather history from that day according to weather underground. I remember hoping it would rain to hurt Johnson and being disappointed that it stopped earlier in the week.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airp...atename=NA
hey check ot my thread on coal on the general discussions........
Weather report for this coming friday is rain!!! As in raining Td passes from Johnson all night long!:lmao:
Cougars are playing more passing game which I think will challenge Harlan's secondary.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Hilbily Wrote:Weather report for this coming friday is rain!!! As in raining Td passes from Johnson all night long!:lmao:
I heard there was going to be some THUNDER! The Harlan County defense will be bringing the THUNDER!Wink
Mama Bear, thunder is just the noise lightning does the work. <--Smile Good Luck Friday!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Touche Cougarpride! :lmao:
I would absolutely love to go to this game! It should be a great atmosphere up in Whitesburg! Harlan Co already beat LCC at Harlan Co and that was a really close game! I think the difference maker in this game is homefield advantage!!

LCC-17
Harlan-14
dontfeedthebears Wrote:I'm just throwing this out there. I was at the HC/LCC game the first time around, and it wasn't a big slosh pit of mud. You LCC fans crack me up using the "mud" excuse. I thought you ol' Whitesburg boys were rough and tough and mean. Sounds like that big nice turf field has made somebody a little soft. That softness showed the first time, and is gonna show again come Friday night. It hards to complete passes on your back. What if Harlan Co. brings a dump truck full of mud over to the turf and dumps it out? :thatsfunn

90% of the LCC fans have had nothing but positive things to say about the Harlan team. We have also said that it was nothing but an old fashioned whipping. I in fact posted that. As far as this team being soft, I think Friday night will show how rough and tough and mean these old boys are. Win or lose the bears will be sore......:redboxer:
No doubt, the Letcher QB has good qualities, but I don't think he will be able to handle the heat and punishment the Black Bears Filthy Animal Defense will bring on Friday Night. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!LAY THE CHUNK TO 'EM!!!!!
:popcorn:
Letcher Central TongueirateSho
Letcher Central 28
Harlan County 20
belfry pirates... are you all 3 or 4 a
Well I don't really care who wins this one. But I have seen both teams in the latter part of the season and I will have to go with Harlan. I just don't think Letchers offensive line will be able to hold them back. I am afraid the letcher young quarterback will not find time to pass and will find himself on the ground quite often. I would almost bet Harlan has at least 6 sacks. Letcher will not be able to run the ball either. Harlans rushing defense is awesome. If Letcher score more than a touchdown it would really surprise me. I am guessing that the offensive line as well as the quarterback from Letcher becomes quite frustrated and big mistakes will follow. I believe Harlan will play Whitley for the regional championship. Where they will have a very good chance to meet the Blue Birds of Highlands. This of course is where the road ends, but the season will still be a great success.
Revenge is a dish best served with a side of "COUGARAMA" Big Grin

This will be a fantastic, hard-hitting game that may even take OT.

LCC 22
Harlan County 20
Harlan County in a squeaker
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:Harlan County in a squeaker

There squeaker is about to run out. Great game, but I feel the cougars are more prepared, and this will be a whole different team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

This should be another great matchup in Eastern Kentucky. I'll take the home team in a close one. Letcher County Central 28-26.