Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IS LCC looking for a new coach
gold_glove Wrote:LCC might have had a good year but that wasnt because of R. Justice. I know him personally and I think he is a jerk and so does about 80% of the people affilated with LCC. I am sure of about 10-15 kids that would have played this past year if it wasnt for Coach Justice. Most of the players on the team dont even like him.

I didn't like him when I played for him, but now that I am older I am so glad I had the opportunity to play for him.
He made me a tough SOB, taught me respect, and taught me A LOT about the game of basketball.

You probably don't like him because he tells you the way it is and does not put up with nonsense.

If he chooses to he will coach again and be successful.
NEXT Wrote:I didn't like him when I played for him, but now that I am older I am so glad I had the opportunity to play for him.
He made me a tough SOB, taught me respect, and taught me A LOT about the game of basketball.

You probably don't like him because he tells you the way it is and does not put up with nonsense.

If he chooses to he will coach again and be successful.

GREAT POST!!! He absolutley didn't put up with nonsense and he would tell you the way it was and you have to respect that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Windsprint Wrote:I agree that Runyon is a great coach--but he had great players also. Don't know how many Landon Slones, Todd Tacketts, and J.R. VanHooses that LCC might have. Coach's are an important ingredient --but they don't shoot it, rebound it, or dribble it or guard anyone. They can show kids how---but when the lights come on and the crowds are in the stands---some rise to the ocassion and some don't. Another big thing at LCC is a lot of parents back-bite the coach's AND each other. Some are interested in only their son's stats and could care less if they win as a team or not. With that mentality- it doesn't matter if Adolph Rupp coached

:Clap: :Thumbs:
Maybe if the principal who recommended that he not be rehired would implement some of Justice's work ethic and discipline at LCC--then problems would not be what they are up there. Test scores might improve also---just my honest opinion. THIS MAY BE THE MOST LUDICROUS FIRING i HAVE EVER BEEN AROUND.
Windsprint Wrote:Maybe if the principal who recommended that he not be rehired would implement some of Justice's work ethic and discipline at LCC--then problems would not be what they are up there. Test scores might improve also---just my honest opinion. THIS MAY BE THE MOST LUDICROUS FIRING i HAVE EVER BEEN AROUND.

Which principal recommended he be fired?
Windsprint Wrote:Maybe if the principal who recommended that he not be rehired would implement some of Justice's work ethic and discipline at LCC--then problems would not be what they are up there. Test scores might improve also---just my honest opinion. THIS MAY BE THE MOST LUDICROUS FIRING i HAVE EVER BEEN AROUND.

I AGREE. GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
I can tell you one thing for sure. No Principal had anything to do with this. The superintendent called in Justice and fired him.
What about Troy Lee Thomas, would he come back and coach Letcher County Central?
My Opinion On Lcc And Kcc Coaching Jobs.

Lcc
1st Choice Bill Mike Runyon
2nd Cav. Trent

Kcc
1st Choice Bill Mike Runyon
2nd Choice Cav. Trent

If Bill Mike Wants Either Job And They Can Pay Him He Will Get The Job.
Cavanaugh Will Be Second On Both Jobs But Will Get And Deserves One Of Them. It Is Not A Shame To Be 2nd Behind Bill Mike. I Think If Given The Chance Coach Trent May Do Some Of The Things That Coach Runyon Has Done.
Is there any truth in the rumor that the athletic directors brother is first in line to replace coach justice
As usual High Sheriff--you are wrong. THE PRINCIPAL (BOGGS) RECOMMENDED THAT HE NOT BE RE-HIRED AND THE SUPT.( CRAFT) relieved him of his coaching duties. Those are the FACTS
Windsprint Wrote:As usual High Sheriff--you are wrong. THE PRINCIPAL (BOGGS) RECOMMENDED THAT HE NOT BE RE-HIRED AND THE SUPT.( CRAFT) relieved him of his coaching duties. Those are the FACTS
You cannot be that dumb!
:popcorn:
The info I shared with you came from Justice himself. I don't know how you could get more reliable than that. Since you claim to know it all"High Sheriff" what's your explanation? You knew it was coming because(IMO) you had a part in it . For your info --principals recommend or don't recommend the re-hires for their schools. The supt. can honor their choices or reject them. Check on it . All you have to do is go to the policies and procedures manual and READ
Windsprint Wrote:As usual High Sheriff--you are wrong. THE PRINCIPAL (BOGGS) RECOMMENDED THAT HE NOT BE RE-HIRED AND THE SUPT.( CRAFT) relieved him of his coaching duties. Those are the FACTS

Well High Sheriff, I have to go with Windsprint on this one. Everything he has posted on here so far has turned out to be true. I would venture to say other than the ones in that meeting with Justice Id say Windsprint was the next to know all of the FACTS!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks lil dog. I have NO reason or motive to put anything false on here. Just tell it like I know it to be. I am a Justice fan, and will remain one, no matter where he winds up. I will also be a "cougar" fan because of the kids that are up there.
lean&mean Wrote:Is there any truth in the rumor that the athletic directors brother is first in line to replace coach justice

Look for Eddie Whitaker as boys coach. Also, sounds like Mike Whitaker may be new assistant footbal coach (off. coordinator) and Hillard is gone in two seasons
Platinum & Gold Wrote:What about Troy Lee Thomas, would he come back and coach Letcher County Central?
Talked to him last night. He is interested.
Salimander Wrote:Look for Eddie Whitaker as boys coach. Also, sounds like Mike Whitaker may be new assistant footbal coach (off. coordinator) and Hillard is gone in two seasons
Eddie is on the wrong side of the political fence. He is not the first choice.
lean&mean Wrote:Is there any truth in the rumor that the athletic directors brother is first in line to replace coach justice

Finally the truth comes out. Have heard this too, but didn't want to post anything until someone brought it up first. Coach Jackson from Lincoln county knows the well has dried up and is ready to get out. Oz has helped to get rid of Justice to open up this job for him. I believe if he wants it he will get it. If he don't, then I believe that Whitaker will be the next in line so he can also help with football. Looks like the POLITICAL TRAIN IS ALL FIRED UP AND READY TO ROLL. But you got to help out family I guess! :popcorn:
How is Eddie on the wrong side of the political fence? He grew up in Letcher County, was a former coach at Whitesburg, and as far as I know he is excellent friends with the super and with the principal at LCC. I think they would be lucky to have a coach like him, and if they do hire him they will get a special player in Josh.
If that is true about Craft and Whitaker being good friends, he is probably a lock for the job then. Would be a good hire, and brings a lot of goods to the table.
UKisN1 Wrote:Talked to him last night. He is interested.

I figured that was a good possibility.
JMEWLS Wrote:How is Eddie on the wrong side of the political fence? He grew up in Letcher County, was a former coach at Whitesburg, and as far as I know he is excellent friends with the super and with the principal at LCC. I think they would be lucky to have a coach like him, and if they do hire him they will get a special player in Josh.

He could be the next coach and josh is a very special player and a point guard which is what we need this coming year. Anna Craft, and Eddie Whitaker are not great friends because of things that happend when he was at WHS. now they might have patched things up I dont know. I do know we have what Eddie wants(a head coaching job) and Eddie has what we need (a point guard) so it may work out we will have to wait and see............
I still say give TRENT a chance he will do a great job, he has the knowledge of the game, he is well liked and respected by the players and if he wants the job it should be his!!!!!!JMO
JMEWLS Wrote:How is Eddie on the wrong side of the political fence? He grew up in Letcher County, was a former coach at Whitesburg, and as far as I know he is excellent friends with the super and with the principal at LCC. I think they would be lucky to have a coach like him, and if they do hire him they will get a special player in Josh.
Ask Ms Craft she will not hire him. It happened at W-burg.
Windsprint Wrote:I predict the coach they will try to get is Bill Mike Runyon. let's see if I'm right or wrong

I have heard this as well about Runyon. Also, I have heard that Anna Crafts contract expires the end of June and that two of the board members did not like Justice. Rumor on the street is that she fired Justice to garner the support of the board for a contract extension. Don't know this to be fact but I did hear it from a credible source.
UKisN1 Wrote:Ask Ms Craft she will not hire him. It happened at W-burg.

You my friend are right!!!!!!!! I have tried to tell them ......:Thumbs:
1bassman Wrote:I have heard this as well about Runyon. Also, I have heard that Anna Crafts contract expires the end of June and that two of the board members did not like Justice. Rumor on the street is that she fired Justice to garner the support of the board for a contract extension. Don't know this to be fact but I did hear it from a credible source.

Now should we expect anything less in letcher county??? Always politics!!!!!!!!ONE CROOCKED HAND WASHES THE OTHER CROOCKED HAND!!! lol
Did Whitaker cut someone off the team in her family while he was at Whitesburg?