Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michigan State 64 - Louisville 52
NIKE2010 Wrote:I love watching UofL get beat.

I like watching your team get beat and face it I am happier than you..lol....your happy 6 days of teh year wasnt you....
First off, Congrats to Michigan State on the excellent win. They played near perfect in the 2nd Half, and really shut down Louisville's offense. They handled the press great, rebounded great, and deserved to win this one.
As for Izzo leaving MSU to come to UK I wouldn't count on it. He's got another great recruiting class coming in next season, and I don't see why he'd leave up there considering all of the good things he has going for him right now.
Best score of the entire tourney.
theVILLE Wrote:I like watching your team get beat and face it I am happier than you..lol....your happy 6 days of teh year wasnt you....

Might want to take Detroit off of your location now, Louisville is heading back to the Bluegrass:biggrin:
Michigan St. has to give a lot of props to Garon Suton. I don't really follow Michigan St. so I didn't know how talented this young man was. And when he started stepping out to shoot the 3 and was knocking them down. I was just simply amazed.
theVILLE Wrote:I like watching your team get beat and face it I am happier than you..lol....your happy 6 days of teh year wasnt you....

I think it is pretty funny how you have to respond to every negative thing that is said about Louisville. You are so messed up right now trying to defend Louisville's lost that you are misspelling words and everything.

Face it they lost, just move on.
Stardust Wrote:Was MSU really that good at breaking the press? I didn't understand why the Cards didn't stick with it at the beginning of the half

I even noticed Friday night when they played Kansas, MSU was good at getting the ball up the court very quickly. Louisville's press slowed them down, but they shredded the zone, and made their shots.
hahahahhaa
DeuceUL Wrote:I even noticed Friday night when they played Kansas, MSU was good at getting the ball up the court very quickly. Louisville's press slowed them down, but they shredded the zone, and made their shots.

More than I was disappointed with how Louisville played, I was impressed with how MSU did not back down. IMO, that game is played 9 more times Louisville wins 7 of them. But, that's why March madness is the great spectacle it is - one and out.
Stardust Wrote:More than I was disappointed with how Louisville played, I was impressed with how MSU did not back down. IMO, that game is played 9 more times Louisville wins 7 of them. But, that's why March madness is the great spectacle it is - one and out.

MSU definitely deserves all the credit in the world. They got UL to play their game, they executed their game plan perfectly, and they won. One of UL's biggest problems is when things aren't going so well, they forget they are a talented bunch, and get down on themselves. And like you said, it's one and done, and you can't pout in the NCAA tourney, or you'll go home.
Stardust Wrote:More than I was disappointed with how Louisville played, I was impressed with how MSU did not back down. IMO, that game is played 9 more times Louisville wins 7 of them. But, that's why March madness is the great spectacle it is - one and out.

Yea, If this game was played 9 more times Louisville will win 7 of them. And Terrance Williams wasn't the Terrance Williams that teams were afraid of tonight against Michigan St. He just couldn't hit anything.
DeuceUL Wrote:MSU definitely deserves all the credit in the world. They got UL to play their game, they executed their game plan perfectly, and they won. One of UL's biggest problems is when things aren't going so well, they forget they are a talented bunch, and get down on themselves. And like you said, it's one and done, and you can't pout in the NCAA tourney, or you'll go home.

Agreed
DeuceUL Wrote:MSU definitely deserves all the credit in the world. They got UL to play their game, they executed their game plan perfectly, and they won. One of UL's biggest problems is when things aren't going so well, they forget they are a talented bunch, and get down on themselves. And like you said, it's one and done, and you can't pout in the NCAA tourney, or you'll go home.

OLDHOSS Wrote:Yea, If this game was played 9 more times Louisville will win 7 of them. And Terrance Williams wasn't the Terrance Williams that teams were afraid of tonight against Michigan St. He just couldn't hit anything.

both great observations.
Louisville couldn't hit a thing. And Terrance Williams was on his game today. And Garon Suton was. But, Congrats MSU.
MSU may give Uconn a few problems!
Michigan State's defense won the game for them today. They held Terrance Williams to 5 points (1-7 FG), and Samardo Samuels to 0 points. Suton was unbelievable. He showed signs that he could hit that outside shot earlier in the season from time to time, but nothing of the magnitude we saw today. Louisville got out-rebounded, out-hustled, and just flat out-played. I think the Cards were like 38% from the field, IMO, if MSU can get UCONN to play at their pace, then they will give them a run for their money. Izzo always has his teams playing their best basketball in March.
Stardust Wrote:Careful UK fans, you are setting yourself up for the Card fans blasting us that at least they were in the tourney.

It does not matter anymore we are a football school.
courtdog Wrote:It does not matter anymore we are a football school.

You are correct!!! :biggrin: I know Lville fans don't want me to bring up the score of last years game!! :moon:

Like I have said before in the past.. Lville is overated year in and year out and it's no suprise to me at all that they got smack around by MSU!! :Thumbs:
Mich St is going to get embaressed by UConn.
Lville couldnt have played worse.
PhiSlamaJama#12 Wrote:I think it is pretty funny how you have to respond to every negative thing that is said about Louisville. You are so messed up right now trying to defend Louisville's lost that you are misspelling words and everything.

Face it they lost, just move on.

yeah remember I said that Louisville DESERVED to get beat.....they got out hustled....yes I am not happy Louisville got beat...but hey elite 8 in the NCAA is better than not making the NCAA....rightConfusedhh:
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Like I have said before in the past.. Lville is overated year in and year out and it's no suprise to me at all that they got smack around by MSU!! :Thumbs:

Liuke I said they didnt win the BEAST east season and Tourney and beat NOVA 3 times Syracuse 2 and #1 Pitt, and #13 notre Dame and #9 Marquette....and be called overrated....thats alot better than any other team done....right....
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:You are correct!!! :biggrin: I know Lville fans don't want me to bring up the score of last years game!! :moon:
What about this years basketball GAME and Last years.....lol
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Like I have said before in the past.. Lville is overated year in and year out and it's no suprise to me at all that they got smack around by MSU!! :Thumbs:

This is rediculous...to say that louisville is overrated is like saying Micheal Porter should be on the floor for UK...its insane
I love how UK fans are talking trash about Lville losing in a tourney that UK couldnt even make.
What a joke.
Just admitt it. UL has been better the last 2 years without a doubt.