Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Estill County
The repeated closed-fist deliberate punch to the face of the unsuspecting Roberts is totally unacceptable. Roberts was not ejected from the game- so the refs didn't see him slap or punch at all. Maybe they missed it, but I didn't see it either.

If you think about it you should see that the Estill player did not expect Welch to punch him. That was not normal behavior. Especially if Welch is 18+ years old. Subpoena the film. If it shows what I suspect it does, then assault charges would be in order.

I am not an Estill fan, was just in the crowd waiting for the next game.

Prayers for Kenton Roberts.
BlueStripes Wrote:Even though what happened is rong, sounds to me like the Estill kid slap Ian and he whipped his *** and since his got his *** whipped your saying he got sucker punched lol.

And since Ian got his *** whooped by Crowe, I guess its even.
Gossimer Wump Wrote:Thats a little much to sue the parents. It was a bonehead move that I hope costs this kid the season, but lets not get carried away.

Unfortunately, that's the way it works. Being familiar with the law, this is a civil suit in the making. I foresee charges filed against the player, parents and school.
Been trying to tell everyone !!!!!!:eek: But yet some seem suprised by this ???:confused:
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:And since Ian got his *** whooped by Crowe, I guess its even.

The only reason I have posted so much on here is I hate to see a fine young man with a bright future get trashed on this site with one sided comments. This comment proves their are two parties involved and if the Estill kid had not been injured or hurt the JC kid things would have been good at Estill. As bad as it was, it is looking like there will be plenty of blame for both sides.

As far as a lawsuit, this is sick. What you are saying is any player who plays the game now is subject to a lawsuit should trouble break out? Could the JC player not sue the Estill kid for slapping him first or sue the kid who attacked him after the trouble broke out?

Where were the refs and were they from the 14 th region?
EYESPYJC Wrote:Been trying to tell everyone !!!!!!:eek: But yet some seem suprised by this ???:confused:

I knew you had to put your nonsense on this post. Again people sticking there nose in business they know nothing about. I am surprised that it took you this long to get on here and start your bull.
:moon: A kid is hurt but we are only worried about who isn't gonna play, or who might be in trouble. NICE. Prayers to the kid injured.
Eagle Eye Wrote:I knew you had to put your nonsense on this post. Again people sticking there nose in business they know nothing about. I am surprised that it took you this long to get on here and start your bull.

:moon: Please don't make this personal between you and I. A kid was injured, do you not care ????
Don't know anything about the game or either teams but i do know the J.C. coach and he is a class act. I am sure that he will do whatever he has to do to make this situation right. I hate to hear this I am a big fan of basketball, but i wish the best for the kid who was injured.
Well it really doesn't matter how it happened because there should be NO punches or slaps to the face thrown in a basketball game at any level. But seriously, I can't see Welch throwing any punches without a very good provocation, let alone a sucker punch? So it is hard to believe there is not more to it. Anyway, it still doesn't excuse him and I am not making excuses for him. The tape will show all the punches that may have been thrown and by whom and I would hope that the appropriate action would then be taken. In the meantime, everyone needs to calm down and let it sort itself out. And let's wish the Estill player a speedy recovery.
ARC Wrote:The repeated closed-fist deliberate punch to the face of the unsuspecting Roberts is totally unacceptable. Roberts was not ejected from the game- so the refs didn't see him slap or punch at all. Maybe they missed it, but I didn't see it either.

If you think about it you should see that the Estill player did not expect Welch to punch him. That was not normal behavior. Especially if Welch is 18+ years old. Subpoena the film. If it shows what I suspect it does, then assault charges would be in order.

I am not an Estill fan, was just in the crowd waiting for the next game.

Prayers for Kenton Roberts.

Thank you ARC.

I know your not an estill fan. i actually kno who you are and you kno me.

but kenton will be alright, i just talked to him, he is just sore.

and Welch should never be let back on a basketball floor. He is a coward
I also am a fan from another school. I cannot remember such a cowardly act in my recent memory. But after watching the caochews behavior I can see where a thug mentality comes from. The fat lady who went on the floor, was she ejectced? Any way the game film will be forwarded to the proper authorities including the County attorney. All 14th region teams should boycott the Johnson Christmas tournamnet from here on in. Prayers to a class kid who has never had any problems before. Kenton buddy we are thinking of you.
EKY Sportster Wrote:Well it really doesn't matter how it happened because there should be NO punches or slaps to the face thrown in a basketball game at any level. But seriously, I can't see Welch throwing any punches without a very good provocation, let alone a sucker punch? So it is hard to believe there is not more to it. Anyway, it still doesn't excuse him and I am not making excuses for him. The tape will show all the punches that may have been thrown and by whom and I would hope that the appropriate action would then be taken. In the meantime, everyone needs to calm down and let it sort itself out. And let's wish the Estill player a speedy recovery.
Watch the tape then you will see Welchsucker ppunching a kid without provocation.
MonsterMan Wrote:Like I said I was not there but from what I hear you may want to talk to someone who will see the tape. I have my information from a pretty good source or I would not have posted all this stuff. There will be people who will counter what you say. Be sure you saw the whole thing.
The only people who saw it your way are from JC. All the other players teams, fans and locals from Jackson including radio folks saw a SUCKER PUNCH ANA AN ASSAULT. So let the eye witnesses fly. Estill has twice as many as JC. Welch should be charged with assualt on a minor and kicked off for the year.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Looks like things got out of hand tonight.

Everyone needs to stop bashing each other because this thread is just going to get closed.

Let's get to what matters..who even won this game?

JC won in double overtime.
MonsterMan Wrote:The only reason I have posted so much on here is I hate to see a fine young man with a bright future get trashed on this site with one sided comments. This comment proves their are two parties involved and if the Estill kid had not been injured or hurt the JC kid things would have been good at Estill. As bad as it was, it is looking like there will be plenty of blame for both sides.

As far as a lawsuit, this is sick. What you are saying is any player who plays the game now is subject to a lawsuit should trouble break out? Could the JC player not sue the Estill kid for slapping him first or sue the kid who attacked him after the trouble broke out?

Where were the refs and were they from the 14 th region?

Yeah there were two sides. Aren't there almost always? And ol Ian is getting some charges pressed against him. So now this is settled.
Just spoke with someone who is involved in things and after review of the tape is done anyone who left the bench will be suspended one game. This will be mandated by KHSAA even if the refs did not see it. The tape will show JCHS may not have enough players left to field a team. Estill may lose a few to.
JOBAKKA Wrote:Just spoke with someone who is involved in things and after review of the tape is done anyone who left the bench will be suspended one game. This will be mandated by KHSAA even if the refs did not see it. The tape will show JCHS may not have enough players left to field a team. Estill may lose a few to.

Do you know when this is going to happen? How has the tape this should happen fast Dist is just around the corner.
courtdog Wrote:i would love to be there when they look at the tape and watch the coward get whsat he has coming to him. Like i said if the coach is any kind of a man he should take care of this he has the tape. but he is probley a coward also

It takes a big man to stand behind a name here and call out a high school basketball player by name. If you are so wanting to testify and the bull crap that you are saying, be a MAN and put your name on here since you want to do a high school kids name.
OutsideLogic Wrote:It takes a big man to stand behind a name here and call out a high school basketball player by name. If you are so wanting to testify and the bull crap that you are saying, be a MAN and put your name on here since you want to do a high school kids name.
Courtdog is saying they would like to be there when he gets his day in court. Is that calling out someone?? Get your mind off fighting, that may be what caused this whole melee, ATTITUDE
JOBAKKA Wrote:Courtdog is saying they would like to be there when he gets his day in court. Is that calling out someone?? Get your mind off fighting, that may be what caused this whole melee, ATTITUDE

First of all I don't condon any fighting. But, if you are going to get on here and call a high school kid out by name and say the things he is saying, then have the guts to put your name out here and let the kids family know who you are.
It was just as much of crowardly act on Crowes part to tackle Welch while he was walking back to the bench. We seem to forget that happened didn't we. That is also an instance where assalt can be charged as he was attacked also.
As is the other players from JCHS who hit Roberts while he lay on the floor. Crowe is the same age as Welch so maybe assualt is there. But Roberts is 16 and he is a minor, I think Welch has alot of worrying to do.
JOBAKKA Wrote:As is the other players from JCHS who hit Roberts while he lay on the floor. Crowe is the same age as Welch so maybe assualt is there. But Roberts is 16 and he is a minor, I think Welch has alot of worrying to do.

They both play high school basketball. Does every team need to start carrying birth certificates. How about the play before everything happened when one of your guards elbowed a JC up high trying to get through a screen. Oh, let guess, he was underaged too, so that gives him the right to do that. Oh, I forgot Estill didn't do anything wrong in the deal. Are coaches aloud to lay hands on kids?
hopefully the right actions are taken..i know kenton and have played ball with him countless times in irvine and he always seems to just have fun playing ball..i dont think he would do anything to cause a reaction like this..he is a very good player and a nice kid...hope he gets better as soon as possible
OutsideLogic Wrote:They both play high school basketball. Does every team need to start carrying birth certificates. How about the play before everything happened when one of your guards elbowed a JC up high trying to get through a screen. Oh, let guess, he was underaged too, so that gives him the right to do that. Oh, I forgot Estill didn't do anything wrong in the deal. Are coaches aloud to lay hands on kids?
No one said Estill or JCHS did not play rough anywhere else in the game. But Welch and Crowe had run their mouths all day. Roberts did not get involved in that and I have no idea why Welch chose Roberts to sucker punch, but by doing so he broke the LAW. that is a fact, and there is where he trouble is, A minor is a minor on the street or in a ballgame, because they play ball does make them adults. Because Welch plays ball it does make him a minor. The facts are the facts
i just tell it like it is if the coward had not suckered Kenton then Crowe would have not had to proteced his teammate Corwe showed more maturety than anyone there was more than one person hitting his teammate why did the cops not stop it they said they were not alowed to stop a fight and that is a fact, so Crowe did what no one else would do he stode up for a fallen teammate.
courtdog Wrote:i just tell it like it is if the coward had not suckered Kenton then Crowe would have not had to proteced his teammate Corwe showed more maturety than anyone there was more than one person hitting his teammate why did the cops not stop it they said they were not alowed to stop a fight and that is a fact, so Crowe did what no one else would do he stode up for a fallen teammate.
I though the police were terrible and lazy and did not even attempt to unflod thier arms and get involved. Both officers should be reprimanded. But I also saw the AD from Breathitt talking to the police during the incident. Hopefully he was telling them they need to act as Peace Officers
I don't know either of these teams, having said after seeing earlier threads about the discipline that this team (central) has is certainly reflective on the coaching staff. You really hate to see this type of behavior displayed. Eye sore for JC, dirty playing.
JOBAKKA Wrote:Just spoke with someone who is involved in things and after review of the tape is done anyone who left the bench will be suspended one game. This will be mandated by KHSAA even if the refs did not see it. The tape will show JCHS may not have enough players left to field a team. Estill may lose a few to.

only 2 players were ejected from JC
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:only 2 players were ejected from JC
This is true but after review of the tape more suspensions MAY follow