Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Channing Fugate Breathitt County
bobcatlunatik Wrote:what do u mean big horses mouth im not channing fugate but i talk to channing everyday and am good friends with him. he also jus recently told me he runs a low 4.6 in 40

REALLY?????You claimed to be when you PM'ed me.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:REALLY?????You claimed to be when you PM'ed me.

I know he is not Channing for a fact. We all sit together in class.
Stardust Wrote:It's Shaun, not Shawn.

Yes, that's a fact. UK was never a consideration for Shaun Alexander. The Boone Co. Star was acutally being looked at as a Sophomore and was on everyones National recruiting lists going into his Junior year. Bama was on his list as a Junior, and he made it official on the first day of signings.

It was a fmily decision for the Alexander's and Shaun was told from the very beginning to play where he wanted to play and not somewhere close that assured the family the opportunity to see him.

Not to hijack the thread but are you saying Shaun was not recruited by UK? There is a big difference between not wanting to go there, not interested and not being recruited. I am just trying to figure out what you mean when you say "that's a fact".
barrel Wrote:Not to hijack the thread but are you saying Shaun was not recruited by UK? There is a big difference between not wanting to go there, not interested and not being recruited. I am just trying to figure out what you mean when you say "that's a fact".
well is obvious he was looked at by them but was not recruited because he didnt play there he was looked at and he was a prospect but was not recruited by UK
Shaun Alexander was recruited by everyone, how would anyone know he wasnt or were though. Most people dont even know who UK's coach was when SA was in high school, more less know there recruiting tactics.

There are certain players that UK cant touch, the big timers. Players that are just too big, that have had their head blown up by the media or scouts, but certain players believe they are better than kentucky, and most are.

example.
c/o 2009
Justin Green
Jordan Whiting
Duece Finch

This doesnt mean theyre not recruited, why are people even talking about shaun alexander to begin with?

Channing Fugate is not SA, theyre is no similarities to the naked eye. Build or playing style. Shaun was a All World high schooler, All SEC back, and NFL MVP.

The only thing that Fans of Channing or Breathitt can agree on, stating back to their thoughts on Shaun Alexander. Is that neither one were ever recruited by UK
bobcatlunatik Wrote:well is obvious he was looked at by them but was not recruited because he didnt play there he was looked at and he was a prospect but was not recruited by UK

SO you are trying to say because he did not play at UK then he was not recruited? If so, that makes no sense at all. He most certainly was recruited by Bill Curry and company to come to UK.

Now Fugate does have some what similar style of running as Alexander as both are high runners. Neither are the spin heavey move type.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:well is obvious he was looked at by them but was not recruited because he didnt play there he was looked at and he was a prospect but was not recruited by UK

So Justin Green, whom Joker Phillips literally drove trhough an ice storm to come see, was not recruited by UK this year since he signed with Illinois?
This kid is the white Jerome Bettis!!! lol
Channing will win the heisman this year, superbowl mvp, times man of the year, middle weight title, The yellow mustard belt, he will achieve Yokozuna in the sumo ranks of japan, become president, be the first to walk on mars, drink a whole gallon of milk in a hour without puking, eat 8 crakers in 30 second then whistle, fly a kite, fight superman and win, win a cage match with Hulk Hogan, write a best selling book, discover alantis, and find jimmy hoffa all while whistling dixie.
Come on guys really he's good. Real good. But not as good as the kids from Brethitt play him off to be small d-1 if that. Id take Doug Howard or David Jones over him.
I am sure you would take Doug Howard or David Jones over him because you are from Belfry or a Belfry fan. Channing is a really good player and has a bright future ahead of him if he keeps working! I am glad Breathitt fans are trying to give him his due of being a great player.
even if i didnt go to breathitt and watched channing play id be like **** watch tht kid run. i dont care where u r from if u know football then u know channing fugate is an amazing football player
Channing Fugate couldnt hold David Jones's jockstrap.

David Jones commited to kentucky before his senior year.
He 2 time state champ in football
State champ in Track, and belfry didnt even have a track to practice on.

If Fugate is so fast, and told you he ran a 4.6, then get him on the track. A kid in Eastern kentucky that runs a 4.6 is blazing in that part of the state.

All this kids stats are paper stats. He dosnt go to combines, nothing is offical. Its all just hearsay. If he is so amazing then why does no one that isnt on bluegrassrivals know who he is.

no offense but channing will be in the same boat as Ricky and Zack Lewis.

STATS STATS STATS.
No titles, famous around town, and no recruitment.
sorry, we would have heard of him state wide if anyone is interested in him.
its that simple.

Those schools have recruitment websites, that list their recruits. Channing inst on any of them.
This kid might end up being like the one in oregon that made up a recruitment, and lied about it, due to all the pressure that all of Breathitt Co is putting on him with these promises of victory and OSU interest.

Dude if youre on here, Channing keep working hard. Lead your team, get the QB bigger and you will have a chance at winning a title. Hes the key, i saw it at state. You may be able the get yards, but he is a game changer.
King Leonidas Wrote:I am sure you would take Doug Howard or David Jones over him because you are from Belfry or a Belfry fan. Channing is a really good player and has a bright future ahead of him if he keeps working! I am glad Breathitt fans are trying to give him his due of being a great player.

Definatly not a Belfry fan. But you def. are a Brethitt fan so that does away with that argument. The kid is good, Ohio State good no. Western Ky good maybe.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Channing Fugate couldnt hold David Jones's jockstrap.

If Fugate is so fast, and told you he ran a 4.6, then get him on the track. A kid in Eastern kentucky that runs a 4.6 is blazing in that part of the state.

All this kids stats are paper stats. He dosnt go to combines, nothing is offical. Its all just hearsay. If he is so amazing then why does no one that isnt on bluegrassrivals know who he is.

STATS STATS STATS.
its that simple.

Those schools have recruitment websites, that list their recruits. Channing inst on any of them.
This kid might end up being like the one in oregon that made up a recruitment, and lied about it, due to all the pressure that all of Breathitt Co is putting on him with these promises of victory and OSU interest.

Dude if youre on here, Channing keep working hard. Lead your team, get the QB bigger and you will have a chance at winning a title. Hes the key, i saw it at state. You may be able the get yards, but he is a game changer.

funny thing to me that maxpreps named him 2nd team all american so who hasnt heard of him now. and in this list channing was one of only 7 underclassmen to be in the list and one of the few from kentucky along wth mister cobble and maybe 2 or 3 more.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Channing Fugate couldnt hold David Jones's jockstrap.

STATS STATS STATS.
its that simple.

What are you talking about. He is the 5th running back in KY state history to run for over 3000 yards. He also made the all state first team. He will play D1.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:funny thing to me that maxpreps named him 2nd team all american so who hasnt heard of him now. and in this list channing was one of only 7 underclassmen to be in the list and one of the few from kentucky along wth mister cobble and maybe 2 or 3 more.

Do you have a link?
If so that is a great honor worth sharing.
I looked everywhere on maxpreps and didnt find anything. I did see that from the stats they have he would be number 3 in rushing yards in the nation.
http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Content...ec40ff307a
This maybe what he was talking about.
C.Clair Wrote:http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Content...ec40ff307a
This maybe what he was talking about.
yea thts it is for school with under 700 enrollment in them
bobcatlunatik Wrote:yea thts it is for school with under 700 enrollment in them

Doesn't necessarily mean he is 2nd team All-American (or else Mister Cobble would have been a 1st Team All-American), but nonetheless a vey prestigous accolade!:Thumbs:
How can you people get on here and compare Channing Fugate to Doug Howard or David Jones?

Channing is 6'3 and weighs 230 pounds and is fast as ****.
Doug Howard and David Jones are very undersized. I have saw all these guys play several times and Channing has more potential than both of them. And yes there are some great WHITE players out there and he happens to be one of them. If he dont run a 4.6 right now, I bet he will be next season. Doug Howard never even played a down at Pikeville College did he?
Hitman7 Wrote:How can you people get on here and compare Channing Fugate to Doug Howard or David Jones?

Channing is 6'3 and weighs 230 pounds and is fast as ****.
Doug Howard and David Jones are very undersized. I have saw all these guys play several times and Channing has more potential than both of them. And yes there are some great WHITE players out there and he happens to be one of them. If he dont run a 4.6 right now, I bet he will be next season. Doug Howard never even played a down at Pikeville College did he?

Major Flaws in Your Arguement:
1. Doug Howard was a WHITE player too
2. Doug and Dave = 2 State Titles, Fugate=0
3. Doug was substantially faster and equally strong as Fugate, if not stronger
4. Jones may be the fastest RB to ever come out of EKY, Fugate will never be mentioned in the same breath as him speed wise.
5. Jones had a UK offer on the table right after his Junior year, he was also heavily pursued by Ohio State, Auburn, and Virginia Tech.
6. Howard suffered a serious back injury DURING his season at Pikeville in which he started as a Freshman, I pray Fugate doesn't suffer a similar injury.
7. Howard had offers for larger schools such as Marshall and WKU but chose to stay close at home.
8. How can Channing have more potential then an ALl SEC Freshman who started at two different positions over the course of his career and still has a shot of playign Pro football.

Take off your blue tinted glasses.
Look i have nothing agaisnt anyone from Breathitt Co.

I played against the Bobcats in bowl games in a bowl game a couple of years back, and was a great place. We also won handily so i would have no harsh feelings.

But theyre is no way in anyones right mind, that they would think this kid is better than david or doug.

Those guys were untouchable, didnt both rush for over 2000 yards one year.. Thats insane. I know CF has got great numbers, and it has nothing to with being white, but the guy just cant change directions fast enough. He plays in a wide gap, spread running game, he almost never faces a 7 or 8th defender in the box. He has huge running holes, which is part of good scheme and good blocking.

If Channing Fugate wants to go to college it will be on Defense, i watched that youtube video, hes a monster on D, he would just attack people, He has a lot more potential at DE than at RB, I know he is put in position to make the most plays cause its high school, so he plays that Monster/Rover position, but he will never be able to play it in college for the same reasons as RB/
He can play D1 on defense and as running back. Max Preps and all these sports get there info from the coaches. If the coach does not send his stats in then they won't be on there. He will graduate next year as one of KYs all-time leading rushers. Remember he has an entire year to get quicker. He is a hard worker and works harder then anybody around here. You can see that in the way he plays.
Last year at WKU he was 4.7 in 40 at 6'2"and weight at 220lbs. if he gets in low 4.6 he will be a top D-1 plyer which i think he is already,but really i agree he will make it for lot of D-1 schools on defense,few on offense..Fugate and Haddix will make it on defense before offense,Haddix was in low 4.6 last year at same camp and if he can get in 4.5 range he could possibly make it on defense as Db some where,even could be a reciever if need be or as an athlete,its good to see them both on video togeather showing thier abilities,i have heard that no offers as of yet,but Illinois has said that if he is as good as video shows they will offer him.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Major Flaws in Your Arguement:
4. Jones may be the fastest RB to ever come out of EKY, Fugate will never be mentioned in the same breath as him speed wise.
5. Jones had a UK offer on the table right after his Junior year, he was also heavily pursued by Ohio State, Auburn, and Virginia Tech.
6. Howard suffered a serious back injury DURING his season at Pikeville in which he started as a Freshman, I pray Fugate doesn't suffer a similar injury.
7. Howard had offers for larger schools such as Marshall and WKU but chose to stay close at home.
8. How can Channing have more potential then an ALl SEC Freshman who started at two different positions over the course of his career and still has a shot of playign Pro football.

If i am not mistaken Howard played against Breathitt's Justin Haddix he went on and made a good College player as Quaterback and won 2-a state championship were did Howard go,so yes Channing is as good as either one of these players and time will only tell,Channing is a quality athlete as was these other players but he has lots more than these others his size and anyone that watched him has to see/know this.
Maybe you just might have RED color glasses on if you can't see this did you ever think that,yes BLUE and RED are not bad colors but we do like both colors not just RED.
. Howard had offers for larger schools such as Marshall and WKU but chose to stay close at home.

Yeah since Marshall is so far away, and I doubt he was offered by WKU. Doug Howard was a good High School football player who didn't have the size to play in college. He wasn't that fast but was a good player. Why get on a kid that has the size and speed to make. About being a winner, he has made it to the Semi State and a State runner-up and still has one more year left. He has played and won alot of ball games and scored alot of Touchdowns in 3 years. Time will tell on where he goes to school but I am tired of this Doug Howard stuff.
If he goes D-1 it wont be as a HB...Maybe FB or LB
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Major Flaws in Your Arguement:

so ur tellin me doug howard was 6'3" tall weighed 230 lbs and could run a 4.6 in 40. and u say he is as strong so he benched 300 lbs his jr. year along with squating well ove 300 closer to 400 his jr. year srry but i dont c tht happening he migh be faster but he was no where near the power. and channing dont face 7 or 8 guys in the box because as soon as the ball is hiked he is already in the 2 level of defense.

also just scooped this up
5-10 205 pound Sr. Doug Howard carried the ball 165 times for 1790 yards with 26 touchdowns. 5-10 179 pound Sr. David Jones gained 1621 yards with 28 touchdowns on 142 carries. they barely beat channing alone with two of them running the ball
Don't start saying that 4.7 is not fast enough. The two top running backs in the draft(Knowshaun Moreno- Georgia-4.61 / Chris Wells-Ohio State-4.59)is not that much faster then Channing, giving Channing has an entire year to get faster. Channing will get faster and he can play D-1 as running back and most likely will.