Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best high school player you ever watched?
OldHasBeenOfEstill Wrote:Definitely agree with 1, 2, 3 and 10!
No David Jones?
From what I've seen (only 19)...

David Jones - Belfry
Doug Howard - Belfry
Matt Slone - Prestonsburg
Nick Jamerson - Prestonsburg
Durrell Olinger - Hazard
Zach Lewis - Clay County
Tim Couch- Leslie County
Victor Anderson- Saint Xavier
David Jones- Belfry
Doug Howard- Belfry
Ron Blume- Johnson Central
Chris Lofton- Mason County
Dustin Grutza- Mason County
Jimmy Dan Conner anderson co
Ones I have watched...
1.Tim Couch
2.Steve Bird
3.Fred Maggard
4.Quention Henson
5.Alot of really, really good ones
Micheal West-LC

Nothing phenominal, but very fast!!!!
Back during LC's reign.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Untill last year when you saw Channing Fugate.You forgot that part so I'm jogging your memory.LOL.

LOL that's hilarious.
David Jones-Belfry
Doug Howard-Belfry
Nick Jamerson-Pburg
Dusty Hall-Shelby Valley
Matt Slone-Pburg
Michael West-Lawerence County
Justin Haddix - Breathitt County
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:He committed suicide.Very sad.

Are you talking about DeShea Henson? To my knowledge he is still alive!! If you are reffering to Anthony Sharpey from Hazard that is true!! Was just curious to who you were replying about. Thanks!
Josh Gross-Russell
David Jones and Doug Howard-Belfry
Tate cox from knott county most definitely one of the best players in the state.
What LC reign are you talking about that West played for?
FOX SPORTS Wrote:No David Jones?

Bobby Deramus, Pikeville [87-88 Championship Teams] Awsome !!!!!!!!!!!!:notworthy
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Tim COuch-Leslie
Shawn Alexander-Boone
Derek Smith-Highlnds
ScottY Russell-Evarts

Russell from Evarts was the man!! Can't believe he has only been mentioned once, now twice!! :Thumbs:
Thomas and Julius Jones..Seen them play about 10 times each.
1. Tim Couch- Leslie County

2. Randy Moss- DuPont, WV

3. Jared Lorenzan- Highlands

Also got to play against all three.
blitz43 Wrote:When did you see Melvin play? I played against him for 3 yrs. I forgot about him. He was a player. I played at Gilbert. Us & Matewan are bitter rivals. I only lost to them 1 time in my 4 yrs. though. I think he played a little for the Miami Dolphins if I ain't mistaken.

What year did you play for Gilbert?
I'm going to have to go with R Moss to.
1. Kenroy
2. Josh Gerhanger (still playing)
3. Buster Cherry
4. Peter Fitzweley
Devilfann84 Wrote:1. Kenroy
2. Josh Gerhanger (still playing)
3. Buster Cherry
4. Peter Fitzweley

I agree with your list but you have to add Randy Moss or Eric Shuan.
dusty hall and casey newsome and john boy mcpeek mabey the most talented player i have ever seen he had no team and looked like a men among boys he was awesome-shelby valley
anthony chapman-pike central
doug howard and david jones and dustin may and matt maynard-belfry
clark jeter and aaron boyd-henry clay
daniel harmon weston robinson and robert shurttliiff-pikeville
andre woodson-north hardin
channing fugate-brethitt
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Are you talking about DeShea Henson? To my knowledge he is still alive!! If you are reffering to Anthony Sharpey from Hazard that is true!! Was just curious to who you were replying about. Thanks!

So Sharpey committed suicide? That is a sad situation. I played against him my senior year and I had him in an earlier post as one of the top players I ever seen play.
Matman Wrote:What year did you play for Gilbert?
89, 90, 91. #43 RB, TE, OLB, DB. I played during Gilberts lean years. Main thing though, I only lost to Matewan once...LOL
Who did you play for and what years?
i have seen plenty of great high school players, i would put clay and hampton from clark county 1991 up against any rb's in the states history. i watched them walk through trinity in the semi's en route to a state title.
Micheal Sparkman
Corey Reeves TE from Corbin, he graduated i think in '91. He was a beast went to UK and suffered career ending injury.
Tim Couch, Gino Gudiglia?, and Jeremy Caudill were all great ball players in HS. And all went on to play D1A ball. I did see J-Lo play as well, but I thought Gudiglia was a better qb, jarred just ran sprint out passes and would throw as far as he could and Derek Smith would catch it. But none of these guys, including Lorenzen, were anything less than great to watch.
*Estill County*,On offense, I would have to go with Stanley Niece. That boy could throw the pigskin. He was doggone good. I wish we had someone like that now.
On Defense, I'd have to go with Stanley's lil' bro., Ander Niece. He was a hitter. I bet Hovver is very proud of those two outstanding boys.
jace7 Wrote:*Estill County*,On offense, I would have to go with Stanley Niece. That boy could throw the pigskin. He was doggone good. I wish we had someone like that now.
On Defense, I'd have to go with Stanley's lil' bro., Ander Niece. He was a hitter. I bet Hovver is very proud of those two outstanding boys.

i think you mean jeremy, stanley was good, but jeremy is actually the oldest, an all american in high school and played at uk. stanley was the youngest and played at union, or did you mean players you had seen?