Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best 15th Region Student Section.
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:Yes Valley is pretty creative but I may be a little biast but I think it goes by how you get into the head of oponets so I rank them...

1)Prestonsburg
2)Valley
3)Allen Central
4)Hazard
5)Paintsville

First off, I think polls like this aren't very accurate, because a lot of students from a particular school will automatically think that theirs is the best student section. Some will offer unbiased opinions, but others will not. Unless a person has seen every school's student section in a similar environment (all at home games, district tourneys, etc.), I don't see how someone can say whose is best.

I will say that the most objective way to judge whose is the best would be on sheer numbers, as in who has the most students there. Right along with that would be whose is the loudest, but that is easily swayed by bias. An impartial observer is the best judge. As for who gets into the head of opponents, that would be an excellent factor, but I don't know how you would ever quantify that...

IMO, the most reliable opinions are from those without a dog in the fight.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is what I'm going by.

The Blue Crew has been mentioned on the news and have won spirit awards at region. Not many other pep sections in the region have done both.
PC_You_Know Wrote:This is what I'm going by.

The Blue Crew has been mentioned on the news and have won spirit awards at region. Not many other pep sections in the region have done both.

Being mentioned on the news, either in a local newspaper or on WYMT, is not necessarily the opinion of an impartial observer.

Winning the spirit award at regional tournament is a better indicator. That award, just like a cheerleading award, is always going to be a subjective assessment but hopefully it is being made by impartial judges.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PC_You_Know Wrote:Won't be me. I have graduated and moved on to bigger things. But I know this, P-burg never was much of a challenge at regionals while I was in high school, their pep section I mean.

When were you in high school? I'm assuming you just graduated..
blackcat Wrote:When were you in high school? I'm assuming you just graduated..

You would assume correct.
PC_You_Know Wrote:You would assume correct.

As I figured, Prestonsburg's student section has been pitiful over the past few years. It was the best during the 2000-2005 era.
Pikeville or Prestonsburg.
The teachers have really brung the sections down. Not aloud to say certain things and always threatining throw people out for little stuff. I know we aren't the best. Valley is the best. Pikeville and Prestonsburg would be a tie for second i say. Besides them theres really no contest. Numbers may be down for us but we are still pretty crazy. And to Panther_Tunder, atleast we weren't embarressed by 41 points. I also recall beating you all in football at pikeville also. You all beat us in basketball there last year. Looks like you all took basketball and we took football.
Prestonsburg definitely isn't what they used to be. They had probably the smallest football student section I've seen in years. The only reason they have a basketball student section now is because of all of the football players, and then you add all of the lazy students who come to socialize and didn't want to stand out in the cold during football. The last year Prestonsburg had a decent student section was during basketball season 2006-2007.

I'm really hoping Prestonsburg steps it up and has a good one this year. But please, keep the Hail Blackcats to a minimum of 3-4 times a game.. Doing it after every basket gets so old, I promise.
lawrence county is a tuff place to play. also paintsville is a tuff place to play when their team is good.
Closed!